Start by marking “Bullies like Me” as Want to Read:
Bullies like Me

Bullies like Me

If you can make it out of Enid High School alive, you can make it through anything.

Alexis is the new girl at school, and she’s ruthlessly bullied. Hopeless, and drowning in her present reality, she takes pills—lots of pills. She’s sent to a mental health facility, where she meets a boy. Only the boy can’t save her, and no one can save her from herself.

Nick has secrets. He
Published December 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Bullies like Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bullies like Me

Start your review of Bullies like Me
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

My first thought when I heard that there was a new book by Lindy Zart “I want to read it”

My second thought when I hear that there was a new book by Lindy Zart “Be careful what you wish for”

Why? Because this author is not giving you a story to read. No – she seems to be able to look right into the mind of people. And you will never know her next move. From reading the Blurb you will never know what she will do to you. You might end up in crying a river or smiling brightly. Only one thing is sure
Ruby Granger
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bullying
I adore books about bullying and have read dozens of them but 'Bullies like Me' is the second best that I have ever had the fortune of reading (after Atwood's Cat's Eye!).

Based on the author's own experiences, 'Bullies Like Me' is about a 16/17 year old girl called Alexis who, after moving to a new school, is relentlessly bullied by her peers to the point that she attempts suicide. The book is set a few months later when Alexis is released from a teenage mental institution. There are three
Anne Milne
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I know I won't do this book justice with my review because the book is that good.
Alexis moves to a new and a new school, we all know how hard high school is never mind if your the new girl. Alexis for no apparent reason is ruthlessly bullied but that the thing about bullies they don't need a reason, it could be your clothes, your haircut it could be the way you smile.
Alexis solution to her problems is drastic and something we all read about more and more these days thankfully it doesn't work
Stacey spence
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are very few books that stay with you days after you finish. This book is still with me, in the back of my mind. What a real and amazing story of 2 kids. A story of revenge and remorse.

Your heart just breaks for these two and their stories of how very different social status can affect us all. Actions don't just hurt but words too.

This book has all the feels just like every book I've read from Lindy Zart. She has a way to make you feel the words and emotions. I finished this just after
MJ
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2016-books
Bullies Like Me is one powerful read. A story that is so engaging, it was hard to put it down. Lindy Zart dives in head first with this tale of one girl's quest to exact a bit of revenge on the bullies that made her life miserable at her new high school. The book is told in 3 different POV's and it was a fascinating and often times brutal experience getting to see exactly how difficult life can be for both bully and victim.

Lexie's decision to rejoin her high school after time away at a home for
Big Joe  Rossi
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant look at bullying told from 3 POV. A bully. The victim. The hope. Lucky for us all 3 narrative characters are some mix of both.

Alexis Hennessy, is in Live, a rehab facility, recovering from a failed attempt of suicide by pills. A distant relationship with her father. Abandoned by her mother. She is lost but healing with the thanks to the doctors and staff and a boy.

Nick Alderson, mystery boy, also in the facility but she doesn't know why. She just knows he makes her feel again. Makes
Louise Roach
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yet again, Lindy Zart has given us another story which has blown me away. This story is about bullying, but so much more than that. She manages to tell a story, which is actually really very real, raw and extremely relevant in all of our lives.

If you yourself, or anyone you know has been affected by bullying (whether as the bully or the bullied) then you should read this book. If you have children, grandchildren, any family or friends with children, then you should read this book. And to be
Amy March (Between the Screens)
Wow.

This book is shattering. It's eye opening and secret revealing. It's not just for lovers of a specific genre, it is for everyone. It's for anyone who has ever been picked on, it's for the people who do the bullying, it is for the parents who struggle to understand or remember where their kids are coming from, it's for the teachers who care and also for the ones who don't understand what the 'big deal' is. It's High School, such a short and seemingly inconsequential time in your life that
Angie Voss
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm not sure I'll get through this review in one sitting as the story is still so fresh in my mind and the tears and anger keep flooding back. Lindy Zart has, once again, dug into the deepest, darkest part of human nature and wrote the truth we don't want to admit.
I connected to this story on so many levels - as a teacher, mother, daughter, and once-bullied girl.
This story should be read by every adolescent, bully, bullied, or bystander. This isn't the fairy tale we wish our world was, but the
Wendy Leonard-Richardson
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a FIVE star young adult read. It is a heart wrenching tale about how devastatingly cruel people can be to one another as well as a heart warming tale of finding that glorious light in the overwhelming darkness.

This novel is written in multiple POV's which not only show the trauma of the bullied but also the nature of the bully.

Primarily we have Lexie's story. She is forced to attend a new high school and, for whatever undeserved reason, is the victim of unrelenting bullying. She feels
Emmi
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
„Bullies like me“ tackles a tough subject but Lindy Zart wrote this story in such a real and raw way, I wish all kids, parents, teachers … would read it.
The different POVs give great insight into the characters and show that there is never just one side...nothing will ever make bullying ok but I think it was really important that the book tells the „villains“ POV too.
Lindy Zart absolutely captured me with her writing style and she made me feel with and for Alexis, Nick and Melanie. Their journey
Riley K.
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bullies Like Me by Lindy Zart is the book of 2016. The sensitive topic of bullying is tackled head on in this book. Lexie, Nick, Melanie, Jocelyn, and Casey are in high school and they are learning that life is a cruel, cruel lady.
I really enjoyed how the characters were all connected. Lindy Zart did a phenomenal job of revealing each layer and complexity of the characters throughout the story. With each reveal, the reader is shown how words and actions can really hurt someone. This book has an
Lindsey Kramer
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really stuck with me. Being a victim of bullying, I can relate to the main characters and what they were experiencing. This is a book for readers who have felt helpless in the face of adversity.
buzy_reading
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bullies Like Me was written with three POV's: Alexis, Nick, and Melanie. Alexis was the victim of bullying by the popular girls in her high school. Nick was a teenager living at a rehabilitation center because he no longer could cope with the guilt of his choices. Nick and Alexis were drawn together bonding by an attraction that was undeniable. Melanie was the popular girl in high school who others admired and worshipped.

These characters transitioned from an ignorant youth into mentally
Bianca
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS!

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

New girl, Alexis is bullied relentlessly at school. It causes her to commit harm to herself and she ends up at a mental health facility. That’s when she meets Nick. Nick harbors some darkness of his own. He is forever haunted by his past But with Alexis, he can breathe a little more. The weight he carries seems to be lighter when she is around. When Alexis leaves the facility his only solace is he will see her when she comes by to see
Eye Candy Bookstore
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My question after reading this book is Why? Why can’t more authors be like Lindy Zart, an author (and person, don’t forget she’s a real live person) that marches to their own beat. You know why I love reading Lindy Zart books, because they are not your everyday romance, billionaire, step-brother drama mama, love triangle stories that most other indie authors are writing, don’t get me wrong, I love those books too… really, I do. But Lindy’s books are different, they have real depth, and truth, ...more
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With a title like this, I knew this would be a subject close to my heart and many others, I was an unfortunate victim of bullying at school and it hurts. So I was interested to see what or how Lindy would deal with this core subject, I knew she wouldn't just touch on it and breeze past it. Therefore, I went in with caution knowing that my emotions would be seriously played with.

I wasn't wrong. Told from multiple POVs Lindy honestly left no subject untouched, there was so many levels and depths
Charity B.
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Bullies Like Me" By: Lindy Zart - Book Review

Bullies Like Meis outside my normal romance genres, but this is one of themost enjoyable books I've read in a long time. I am super stingy with five star ratings, and this novel deserved it from page one. The story is told from the perspective of Alexis, Nick,and Melanie. Three Enid Illinois high school students whose lives are all impacted by bullying in very different ways.

After Alexis Hennessy's mother left them and her sister moved away to start
Sarah Crawford
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alexis has been bullied so badly at school that she tries to take her life. She spends two months at a care center before she's able to go back to school.

Alexis is returning with an attitude, though. She wants to bully the bullies and she sets out to do just that, particularly on one named Melanie.

Alexis also meets a boy at the center and she really likes him. Nick, the boy, became her boyfriend which lasts until she finds out the truth about him.

Alexis is able to break Melanie's spirit but has
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )
'I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review'

This book was AMAZING and I would give it more than 5 stars if I could. I related to the main character in so many ways. The days that I was bullied were in elementary school instead of high school but I remember the way it felt. This book is one of those where you can tell where things are going but you don't want it to be the truth, and you have to see it through to find out what actually ends up
Jaime Moss
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful message!

It takes more courage to live than to die.

Take that in. Think about it. No one should be able to determine our own self worth. Everyone has either been bullied or was a bully. Stand up for yourself.

Mental illness and suicide are still stigmas in today's world. One day I hope the shame and embarrassment are gone. One think that really stayed with me was that some people are too kind hearted for this world. It's very hard to live and live well. But damn it's worth it.
MONICA
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deep and amazing!

Can I give 6 stars to a book? Please? This story is full of hurt and reality. Amongst all the suffering, there's hope, love and redemption. It's beautifully written and touches your soul. Even though the author almost gave me a heart attack. If you're/were bullied, you'll feel represented. If you never wore, read it anyway so you can learn a thing or two. I just finished the book and I'm still in tears. My heart was touched. My soul too. Amazing.
Arica Hulce
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was by far my favorite Lindy book. I have almost every one of her books on my kindle, but this one was a must have in hard a hard copy type of book.

I had my 14 year old read it and he too couldn't put it down, for long...

You won't be disappointed if you pick this book up- just keep the tissue near by.
Erin Cristofoli
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm really at a loss for words on this book. It's powerful, painful, gripping. It's unique in the multiple point of views. Her words go from the page and manage to grip your heart and soul. This author took on tough subject for this novel, and I think she did an incredible job.
Leisa Prater
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book that hits your insides!!
Amy March (Between the Screens)

Wow.

Tanya
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great YA book

Normally this isn't my type of read but I took a chance and am glad I did. I wish more teenagers could get that high school is but a minute of your life. I'd rec it to teens for sure. Good book!
Desiree
Shelves: desiree
This and more reviews at The Book Bar.co

Rating: Top Shelf

Bullies Like Me is a perfect book for all young readers and a must for all adults. This book has a dark revenge plot, but can also help the reader become more aware of what may be going on around them; not only in a high school setting, but anywhere someone is beingbullied by others. Zart pours her heart out to make the reader not only feel the physical pain and mental struggleof the bullied, but also the disgust for something that most
Kristina Snyder
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Bullies Like Me was completely epic!!! Mind blowing!!! Words cannot describe how much I loved this book. I still can't get this book off my mind and I finished it several days ago. Anyone can relate to this story, these characters, on some level. In some way, we have been the bullied, the bullies or their followers, a bully to the bullies, or a bully who has seen the error of his or her ways. We have been one of those people! We have experienced what these characters went ...more
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
I honestly wasn't quite sure what I was getting into with this book by Lindy Zart. I knew the blurb appealed to me, but more importantly, I have teenage daughters and I guess I kind of wanted to be able to relate to something that's very prevalent in high school society. Bullying. Yes, it's always been around, but it seems this generation is much crueler, more vindictive. And with social media now, the attacks can come from anywhere and everywhere.

Lindy has written a book of some of her
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dawn (The Night Trilogy, #2)
  • Day (The Night Trilogy, #3)
  • Night Music
  • The 50th Law
  • After the Fire
  • The Outlaw's Mail Order Bride (Outlaw Mail Order Brides, #1)
  • Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
  • The Wife Arrangement
  • PROM KING
  • Cat's Eye
  • Sinclair (Acquisition, #0.5)
  • Perversion (Perversion Trilogy, #1)
  • The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work
  • Kiss and Break Up (Magnolia Cove, #1)
  • Scenes from the Hallway (Knitting in the City, #6.5)
  • Perfect Ten
  • Ruined by a Rake (All's Fair in Love, #1)
  • Feel Again (Again, #3)
Lindy Zart is a USA TODAY bestselling author that has been writing since she was a child. Luckily for readers, her writing has improved since then. She lives in Wisconsin with her family. Lindy loves hearing from people who enjoy her work. She also has a completely natural obsession with wine, coffee, peanut butter, bloody marys, and pizza.