Start by marking “your name.” as Want to Read:
your name.

your name.

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  4,624 Ratings  ·  432 Reviews

Mitsuha, a high school girl living in a rural town deep in the mountains, has a dream that she is a boy living an unfamiliar life in Tokyo. Taki, a high school boy living in Tokyo, dreams that he is a girl living in the mountains. As they realize they are changing places, their encounter sets the cogs of fate into motion. The light novel is written by director Makoto Shink
Published May 23rd 2017 by Yen On (first published June 18th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about your name., please sign up.
Ultraviolet Hey! There is a Manga too. The Manga was at first on May 27th 2016 published and finished January 27th 2017. The Manga has 3 Volumes with 9 chapters.…moreHey! There is a Manga too. The Manga was at first on May 27th 2016 published and finished January 27th 2017. The Manga has 3 Volumes with 9 chapters. I hope that my information was useful! :3(less)

AMEERA
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
decided to learning japanese just because this book i never read something beautiful like this before ❤❤
Maria Clara
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha encantado leer esta novela, hermana del anime del mismo nombre. Divertida, fresca, dulce, maravillosa.
Magdalen
May 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japan
Somewhere along the way, I had also begun to wish for something, not knowing exactly what that something was.

Well that was a fascinating and emotional roller coaster! I watched the film yesterday and when I saw there was a novel too I knew I had to read it.

Japanese people shall never seize to impress me with their abilities to create such epic masterpieces! First of all the film was excellent· the art, the plot, the music and generally the whole atmosphere was quite magical.

What's intere
Sara Bow
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutes Jahreshighlight !! 10 Sterne ❤ ...more
Kayla Dawn
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Einfach super schön und außergewöhnlich :)
حسام عادل
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: الروائع
الله على الجمال :)
Laura Evlolle
Dieses Buch war so so schön und auch wenn ich die Story schon wegen des Filmes kannte, hat es mich total gepackt und mitgerissen. Haaaach. ♥ ...more
Giada Ventieri
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Il motivo è che ho sentito che da qualche parte ci fossero dei ragazzi e delle ragazze come Taki e Mitsuha. Questa è ovviamente una storia di fantasia, eppure credo che da qualche parte esistano delle persone che hanno vissuto esperienze simili e provano sentimenti simili ai loro. Che hanno perso figure o luoghi importanti, e che hanno deciso mentalmente di lottare lo stesso. Persone che continuano a tendere la mano verso qualcosa che non possono ancora incontrare, assolutamente sicure che un g ...more
Yukino
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, 2017-biblioteca
Bello bello bello.
La trama la sapevo a tratti, non ho voluto apposta informarmi, perchè volevo evitare i soliti spoiler.
E ho fatto bene! si perchè mi aspettavo un'altra cosa, più o meno e quindi mi ha piacevolmente stupita.
Trama: Mitsuha Miyamizu, una studentessa delle superiori che vive nella piccola cittadina di montagna di Itomori, nei pressi di Tokyo, è stufa della sua vita monotona: vorrebbe essere infatti un affascinante ragazzo della metropoli. Sua madre è morta per malattia, mentre suo p
Sarah Dorothea
2 out of 5 stars! ⭐ THIS BOOK WAS OUR MARCH 2018 BOOK CLUB READ: I have to say that I was just not impressed by that book. It was hyped up so so badly that I just had really high expectations... Also, the layout of the book was so weird and I had difficulty in finding out when the narrator changed. I guess the manga as such would have been better, but this month’s book from our book club was another bitter disappointment.

What the romantic fantasy novel is about: Mitsuha lebt in einem Dorf in
ดินสอ สีไม้

ถาเลาใหดีๆ นิยายจะดีไดกวานีอีกมาก
Raghdaa Morad
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
What kind of sorcery is this😍♥
This is my first time ever reading a Manga and oh my what an amazing experience i haven't been hooked in a book like this for a very long time ,, The story is very sweet and adorable i couldn't help but watch the anime too and it lefts me with a very beautiful feeling why can't this kind of colorful magical events be in our gray dismal reality!! I absolutely recommend the manga and the movie (read/watch) it I promise u will all love it.
Mayra Sigwalt
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Eu acho que essa história funcionou melhor no filme (que amei!), ou talvez em mangá (que não li).
O enredo é exatamente igual ao do filme, mas o que se acrescenta é o ponto de vista mais intimo dos personagens já que é em primeira pessoa. Só que com isso acrescentou-se também uma ideias machistinhas do personagem principal que não tem no filme.
Acho que os diálogos também, que soam naturais em um anime ou mangá, em forma de prosa parecem muito exagerados. Eu estou acostumada a ler mangá e ver um p
Isa
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Básicamente es la película y no tiene mucho más. Así que si tenéis que elegir entre leer esto y ver la película yo me quedaría con la película sin ningún tipo de duda.
Neil (or bleed)
I liked the idea of Your Name. It is like a time travel/paranormal/magical fantasy blended into one and it's up to you which one you want to choose. I chose the time travel one so I've looked (me being an intellecteual jk) for some "technical" or even not-so technical explanation about the time travel (and body-exchange) phenomena in this book. Sadly, I think I haven't read one? Thus, I've just reflected my dismay on the rating i.e. 3 stars. Lol.

Anyway, I think I just didn't connect with the mai
Makhda
Kimi no Na Wa by Makoto Shinkai

I only watched the anime. Absolutely gorgeous. One of the best anime I've ever seen!

শুভঙ্কর শুভ
অসাম। চমৎকার।
বইটার নাকি পিডিএফ পাওয়া যায় না। লিংকে গিয়ে দেখুন এবার। https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-h3...
Flor
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The feels guys, the feels.
Elisabeth
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Das Buch ist wirklich einzigartig und es hat mich völlig zerstört. Ich habe nun Angst vorm Film, muss ihn aber unbedingt sehen, auch wenn vielleicht noch mehr Tränen fließen, als beim Roman.
Bine
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ein schöner Roman mit interessanter Erzählweise und einem sehr schönen Setting.
Der Roman hatte es anfangs ein wenig schwer, mich mitzureißen und die Charaktere kamen zunächst nicht wirklich an mich heran. Als ich mich jedoch in die Geschichte und die Erzählweise eingefunden habe, habe ich es sehr genossen, den Roman zu lesen. Irgendwann will man einfach wissen, wie es ausgeht. Die Geschichte war schön erzählt, ich mag generell Körpertauschgeschichten sehr gerne... jedoch bin ich nicht der größte
Pardis
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hitoha Miyamizu: Treasure the experience. Dreams fade away after you wake up.
__________
Mitsuha Miyamizu: Musubi?
Hitoha Miyamizu: Musubi is the old way of calling the local guardian god. This word has profound meaning. Typing thread is Musubi. Connecting people is Musubi. The flow of time is Musubi. These are all the god's power. So the braided cords that we make are the god's art and represent the flow of time itself. They converge and take shape. They twist, tangle, sometimes unravel, break, a
Miriam
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya
This had interesting ideas but the writing was dull, perhaps due to the translator.
And the repeated groping of the boobs got old fast.
This worked better as a movie. It was very appealing, visually, so it wasn't as noticeable where there were weaknesses elsewhere.

Angigames
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Conto i Giorni che mi separano dall’uscita del DVD di Your Name.
Per non sentirne troppo la mancanza mi sono decisa a leggere il romanzo da cui è stato tratto il meraviglioso film d’animazione.
Confesso che avevo una certa fifa a leggere questo libro.
Temevo di rimanerne delusa in qualche modo. Beh… SONO STATA UNA POLLA!
Shinkai non ha solo il dono dell’animazione, ha anche quello della scrittura! In pratica è un genio!
In 180 pagine riesce, con una scrittura pratica e che va dritta al sodo, a tra
Lucía Cafeína
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me enamoré tanto de la película que necesitaba más, y aunque no me ha saciado, esta novela ha sido algo que me hacía mucha falta, además, no es solamente el guion novelado como ha pasado en otras ocasiones, no, aquí encontramos sentimientos, pensamientos... detalles que en la película se pierden... es precioso, para qué enredarme más. Pero la peli es mejor.
Alexandria
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kimi no na wa racconta la storia di due ragazzi giapponesi di diciassette anni, Taki e Mitsuha.
Taki vive a Tokyo con il padre, è affascinante ma assolutamente imbranato con le ragazze. Ha due migliori amici, Tsukasa e Takagi, che condividono con lui la passione per l’architettura.
Taki lavora part time in un ristorante italiano, Il giardino delle parole (riferimento a un’altra opera di Shinkai), e ha una cotta per una senpai (una ragazza più grande di lui), Okudera. La sua vita è piena e felice.
M
Ivy
REZENSION KANN SPOILER ENTHALTEN

2018, das Jahr, in dem ich mir vorgenommen habe, auch lesetechnisch meinen Horizont zu erweitern; in dem ich meine Komfortzone noch ein Stückchen mehr verlassen und mich Büchern und Werken widmen möchte, die eben nicht in mein gewöhnliches Beuteschema fallen. Mein erster Schritt in diese Richtung? Auf Empfehlung einer guten Freundin habe ich mir Your Name von Makoto Shinkai gekauft, ein Buch, das eigentlich ein Manga ist, dann auch zum Anime Film und letztendlich
Avery TheLibrariansDaughter
That day when the stars came falling...

description

...It was like a scene from a dream...

description

...Nothing more or less...

description

...Than a beautiful view...

description

The soundtrack of this movie

Is literally an eargasm, omg

Animation is A+
Soundtrack is A+
Characters are A+
Story is A++
I feel like you need to watch/read this knowing nothing about the plot because trust me, this is amazing. Honestly, even if you don't like anime you would like this.
Hasnat Sakin
We met. We finally met. By the time I think that I’m about to cry, tears have already started falling. He sees that and smiles. I return the smile as I weep, and take a deep.breath of the fresh spring air. And then, at the same time, we open our mouths, harmonizing our voices like children doing a cheer.
“Your name?

Holy shit. You've got to be kidding me. I've watched Japanese anime tv series and read manga before. So I thought I should read a novel or two. I knew things could've been intensive an
Luisa
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fili si congiungono e prendono forma, si torcono e si intrecciano; a volte si sciolgono, si spezzano e si uniscono di nuovo.

Sulle note dei Radwimps cerco di mettere insieme due parole per descrivere ciò che ho provato leggendo Your name, ma è un'impresa abbastanza difficile.
Onirico. Surreale. Mistico. Nostalgico. Spirituale.
Non esistono termini migliori per definire questa storia.
Avendo già visto il film, appena ho avuto in mano il romanzo mi sono fiondata a leggerlo... e ammetto che all'inizi
manda
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
04 Feb. '17
Ugh. I can't even. Don't talk to me right now.

05 Feb. '17
goodreads | more reviews
I still can't.

If you can't find the manga anywhere, do yourself a favour and watch the anime.

Just do it. It is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. And if you've read my other reviews, you'll know I'm one of the most heartless, a-romantic reader you'll ever find.

4AI SalesianiSesto: Your Name. 1 14 Dec 30, 2017 12:13PM
SHINKAI Makoto
Name (in native language): 新海誠
Associated Names:
СИНКАЙ Макото
Makoto Shinkai

Makoto Shinkai (新海 誠 Shinkai Makoto?), born as Makoto Niitsu (新津 誠 Niitsu Makoto?, February 9, 1973) is a Japanese director of anime and former graphic designer. A native of the Nagano Prefecture, Shinkai studied Japanese literature at Chuo University where he was a member of juvenile literature club where he d
“I feel like I’m always searching for someone, or something.” 18 likes
“Even if the world is cruel, even if all I have is loneliness, I’ll still live with everything I’ve got. Even if this emotion is all I have, I’ll keep struggling.” 14 likes