Start by marking “The Case Study of Vanitas, Vol. 2 (The Case Study of Vanitas, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Case Study of Vanitas, Vol. 2 (The Case Study of Vanitas, #2)

The Case Study of Vanitas, Vol. 2

(The Case Study of Vanitas #2)

Now installed at a hotel in Paris with the help of Count Orlok, Noé and Vanitas take their awkward partnership on the road...to a vampire masquerade ball! The order of the evening may be small talk and hobnobbing with fellow guests, but the mystery of the curse-bearers is never too far behind. The intrigue swirls as quickly as the dancers twirl, a blue moon ascends upon th ...more
Published May 23rd 2017 by Yen Press (first published October 22nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Case Study of Vanitas, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case Study of Vanitas, Vol. 2

Amber
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am hooked
Alisha Tarran
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I looooveeeeeeeee this series. I swear I say it every single time but I really freaking love this series! It's definitely my favourite ongoing one right now, and considering how much I love Fairy Tail...that's saying a lot! I just fell in love with this when I read the first volume. I've recently started to read Pandora Hearts too but to be honest....so far it isn't a patch on this one. Sorry Pandora fans! With this volume....Vanitas continues to be my favourite manga ever right now!

I love stea
Hannah Heath
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can tell this is going to be a new favorite series. The character development and feels are already strong, and this is the first volume I've ever read. The artwork is amazing (of course...this is Jun Mochizuki we're talking about here). The world-building is SO cool. Victorian-era, but a little bit steampunk...and with vampires who live on earth and in an alternate dimension. I'm in love. Can't wait for volume 3! Full review coming soon.
Nic
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Hmm, conflicted. Early in the volume, I was absolutely in love with the wackiness, but then things got really serious and sad. Noé's backstory is tragic like WHOAH.

And Vanitas is maybe almost too much of a weirdo for me? I dunno. I'll probably still read the next volume, though.

What this series really needs is more Murr. Murr is a great character.
Kelsey
I'm super impressed with this series so far!! Usually with manga I carry along for everything BUT plot (I find them hard to follow in any graphic novel/manga), but this one seems to have a lot going for it. Also, as if the aesthetic of the covers wasn't enough to bring me in, there's also vampires? and paris? and masquerade balls? and absolutely fantastically creepy monsters? thanks for this one.

I usually find manga to be extremely emotionally manipulative and senselessly dramatic but even just
Secret Girls
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dopo il grande successo ottenuto con Pandora Hearts ritorna la grande Jun Machizuki con una nuova avventura The Case Study Of Vanitas.

Ci ritroviamo nella bella Parigi dove il vampiro Noè viene mandato dal suo maestro in cerca del libro di Vanitas, un vampiro nato durante la luna blu e che prima di andarsene ha maledetto tutti i vampiri nati sotto la luna rossa. Un grimorio scritto apposta, per vendicarsi dei suoi simili.

Noè si ritrova in viaggio sulla "La Baleine" un bellissimo dirigibile che
Cornerofmadness
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, paranormal
Grace Troxel
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review originally appeared on my blog, Books Without Any Pictures: http://bookswithoutanypictures.com/20...

I adore this series so far. The artwork is incredible, and has a Victorian steampunk aesthetic. The plot revolves around a vampire and a human who together are trying to figure out why ‘cursed’ vampires (who are kind of like werewolves or zombies, in that they’ve been turned into a feral perversion of their normal selves) are filling the streets of Paris. And this volume involves a mas
Katie Greenwood
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Like the first volume, I read the second volume of The Case Study of Vanitas in one sitting. It's such a moreish series.

The series continues to provide such excitement in the form of fights, spells and never quite getting to the bottom of what is happening. The same can be said about the characters, and some new were introduced in this volume that I hope to see recurring throughout the series. Noe remains my favourite, he has so many layers. I can't wait to see what else is revealed about him an
Jessica
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOW. I'm hooked.

A solid 4 stars.

Honestly, the detail in the artwork sometimes blows my mind. The character designs give the story a very whimsical and magical feel to it, very true to the nature of the story. The pacing of the story picks up in this volume and we see the background story of Noë (who honestly is now my favorite character and must be protected at all costs). Oh, and does his backstory pull at my heartstrings. I find his relationship with Vanitas very unique. It's not your typical
Nerys Medina
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This vol was full of character development. Well, mostly for Noah but we also discover things about Vanitas that we didn't know before.

The focus of this volume seems to be 'Motivation', as in what motivates our characters to do what their are doing? For Vanitas we discovered that it was revenge and for Noah it seems to be atonement for past regrets, or just simple guilt and regret.

Things are heating up in the action and mystery department and I cant wait o read the next vol.
Amanda Setasha Hall
I thought the first one was mostly light hearted and filled with jokes. While this one started out that way, it turned dark really really fast.
There's lots of blood, graphic deaths, and a ton of feels.
You want something that'll pull at your heartstrings? This is it.
Pauline
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loving the mystery so far, I think a bit too much backstory was revealed too soon but that's okay. I love how fucked up all the characters. I love dark, malicious characters with moral ambiguity in a cast of characters.
Michael Schmid
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warum zum Teufel hab ich nur sooooooo lange gewartet, bis ich diese Reihe weiter gelesen habe?! Die ist einfach so unfassbar gut und ich liebe einfach die Werke von Jun Mochizuki. Ich muss mir jez echt schnell den dritten Band bestellen xD
L. Luck
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liking the series so far, except when Vanitas is possibly being a misogynist... "you are one of those inconvenient females" made me want to cringe to death, but there may be a plot point there, so I'll keep pushing on through.
Wilde
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is some vampire Sherlock stuff.
Jaclyn
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alright, this is getting more interesting. I think I like this series enough to continue reading :)
Jeanette Diaz Michel
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Those last few pages absolutely broke my heart (and already had me in tears)... Mochizuki-sensei is already tearing me to pieces, and this is only volume two!
Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell
A great improvement with the pacing and explaining things. So glad I started this series.
Elinor Master of Gifs
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Et l'essai est transformé avec ce deuxième tome ! J'adore l'univers, l'histoire et les personnages fort intrigants... Je vais sans doute aussi me laisser tenter par Pandora Hearts, du coup.
Freigeistbloggerin
Der nächste Band kommt erst Juni 2018:o
Sarina
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, manga
Warum muss ich bis Juni auf den nächsten Band warten??
Schnekk
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This volume feels like an improvement over the first, as the world and characters are fleshed out bit by bit.
Trey
相変わらずステキな絵だ。Square Enixが出版した漫画はいつもすごくキレイだ。

ヴァニタスは英語で読んだけど日本語の版は何か話が違うと思う。ま、違うよりもっと広い話みたい。多分私読んだものはちょっと足りなかったスキャンが間違えたかな。

まとにかく日本語版がもっと面白いしキャラがもっと分かれる。ノエの先生は絶対おかしい。怪しい過ぎ。
Donna
The world-building...the character back-stories...the decadently beautiful artwork...

*drools*
Gabriela
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. It feels so full of magic and mystery. The characters are so intriguing. And the plot was even more incredible in this one. I need to know what will happen next!
E. (abookwormsnook Reviews )
i really am enjoying this manga so far, get story and great art as well.
Mellie Eggo
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it in English, but can’t find that listing
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume. Liking the story series so far.
  • Runaways #1
  • Zodiac Starforce #1
  • Darth Vader #9
  • 六花の勇者 (Rokka no Yuusha, #1)
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Vol. 2
  • Chrno Crusade, Vol. 4 (Chrno Crusade, #4)
  • Kingdom Hearts: The Novel
  • Ultraman, Vol. 1
  • The Hollows (Hollowland Graphic Novel)
  • Bloody Mary, Vol. 4
  • Black Canary #1
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 2 [Bungō Stray Dogs 2]
  • 妖狐×僕SS [Inu x Boku Secret Service] 03
  • Servamp 01
  • デビルズライン 3 (Devils' Line, #3)
Jun Mochizuki (望月淳 Mochizuki Jun) is a Japanese comic artist (manga-ka), best known for the fantasy shounen series Pandora Hearts/パンドラハーツ.

The Case Study of Vanitas (7 books)
  • ヴァニタスの手記 1 [Vanitas no Carte 1] (The Case Study of Vanitas, #1)
  • ヴァニタスの手記 3 [Vanitas no Carte 3] (The Case Study of Vanitas, #3)
  • ヴァニタスの手記 4 [Vanitas no Carte 4] (The Case Study of Vanitas, #4)
  • ヴァニタスの手記 5 [Vanitas no Carte 5] (The Case Study of Vanitas, #5)
  • ヴァニタスの手記 6 [Vanitas no Carte 6] (The Case Study of Vanitas, #6)
  • ヴァニタスの手記 7 [Vanitas no Carte 7] (The Case Study of Vanitas, #7)