Start by marking “The Scholarly Writing Process: A Short Guide (Short Guides Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Scholarly Writing Process: A Short Guide (Short Guides Book 1)

The Scholarly Writing Process: A Short Guide (Short Guides Book 1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Getting stuck is a normal part of the writing process, even for experienced writers. My aim in publishing this Short Guide is to help you generate new writing projects, keep your writing projects moving forward, and ensure that your scholarly writing process results in publications.
A Short Guide to the Scholarly Writing Process focuses on writing as a process, from your i
Published October 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Scholarly Writing Process, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scholarly Writing Process

really liked it 4.00  ·

Silvia Tavares
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Writing is a process through which you create knowledge. AND Writing is a product that communicates knowledge." (Kindle Locations 39-42)

This is a brilliant short guide with very direct and helpful advice about the scholarly writing process. As a short guide (40 pages) you have to take it for what it is. It is not a comprehensive guide or workbook, but straight forward advice with a very pleasant writing style.

If this is any indication, I've rushed to buy the 'Finding Time for Scholarly Writing
Charlie
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great guide to help you get unstuck and back to writing

Despite the fact that we know that academic writing is merely a process of communicating with other scholars, it's easy for it to take on a life of its own. What I found particularly useful was that the author elevated the emotional aspects of writing - both what gets us into writing and what keeps us from it - rather than just focusing on procedural concerns.

Another important takeaway for me from this book was reminding me that the same i
Andrew Filmer