Start by marking “Kingdom Asunder (The Bloody Crown Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom Asunder (The Bloody Crown Trilogy #1)

Kingdom Asunder

(The Bloody Crown Trilogy #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  9 reviews
What crime is more unforgivable than treason?

Princess Karena is all that stands between the House of Penmere and ruin. The King, her brother, was gravely wounded in a failed assassination attempt, and once-loyal followers are flocking to the treacherous Usurper's golden embrace.
But Karena knows the surest defence is attack, and will stop at nothing to destroy any rival to
ebook
Published November 24th 2016 by Thaddeus White

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom Asunder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom Asunder

really liked it 4.00  ·

Steven Poore
If you're missing your fix of GRRM-sized battles and political backstabbing, Kingdom Asunder will probably help fill some of the gap between seasons. Thad White has a good eye for his set-piece battles and other action sequences and quite plainly has a taste for blood too, as the bodycount rises mercilessly through the book. If the presence of French phrases in the dialogue are a little jarring, since this is definitely second-world fantasy, and characters sometimes act unnaturally rashly in fur ...more
Daniel
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: epic fantasy fans
I was given a free copy for this review, but was not paid. This review is my opinion and should be taken as simply that.

Pros
Many of the character were very distinct
The royal family's dynamics are interesting
Some very intriguing political situations
Some story threads build into very poignant climaxes
Well dressed action scenes
The grand scope is very admirable
Cons
It was hard during the first third to keep track of the characters and shifting alliances
Some characters don’t get fleshed out enough
L.K. Evans
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For those who’ve followed my reviews for years, you’ll know I’m a huge fan of Thaddeus White, so when he offered an ARC of his new book Kingdom Asunder, I couldn’t have been more ecstatic.

White’s taken me on a few journeys that I absolutely loved, and while this wasn’t in the vein I normally gravitate toward, the speed in which the story progressed never gave me time to ponder it.

This is a book of political maneuvering, of a king and a usurper attempting to overthrow his reign. It’s chalked ful
Brian Wilkerson
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thaddeus White asked me to read his novel, Kingdom Asunder. It is a Medieval Fantasy centering on a civil war of royal succession in the country of Denland. It shares a universe with his previous works "Bane of Souls" and "Journey to Altmortis". The latter of which I have reviewed. I will examine plot, character, and polish and then assign a grade.

PLOT

The plot is fairly straightforward; Denland's regent has declared the king-to-be illegitimate for reasons of parenthood and now the kingdom's nobl
T.I.M. James
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kingdom Asunder is the first book in a new trilogy, The Bloody Crown) by writer Thaddeus White.
Although I have read and enjoyed White’s previous works I must say that this is probably the best one he has written yet. The book itself gets off to a running start throwing the reader straight into the action, giving a setup that is simple and straightforward and works all the better for it.

For years the Kingdom of Penmere has been ruled by the Regent John Esden in the stead of his nephew William, to
Leo McBride
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Earlier this year, I reviewed The Adventures of Sir Edric (Volume One) by Thaddeus White. It was an enjoyable ride - though there were elements I wasn't keen on. I particularly hoped for a tighter plot and a better time for the female characters. Well, step forward Kingdom Asunder.
This is book one of the Bloody Crown trilogy, a tale of treachery and political rivalries in a fantasy kingdom where magic is a tool wielded by he who has most power, and strange beings lurk ready to wreak havoc when
Cathbad Maponus
Price: $4.99 (Kindle)
Cathbad’s Rating: 9 of 10

A Review by, Cathbad

Kingdom Asunder

This well-written epic is about treachery, personalities, and pending war. It is about greed, desire, and the lust for power.

A ruling family, decimated of its strong males “by misfortune and war”, has only a meek, stuttering cousin left, as heir to the throne.

The king and his entourage are attacked on the highway, and the king left i
Kitty Maschan
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
The world of Kingdom Asunder is svelte thoroughly enough to include several distinct cultures (and species) within a single storyline. The way that the characters react to the environment only increased my ability to fully immerse myself in the world created.

The characters are developed enough to give a basic understanding of them and it’s often very easy to identify with the characters, even the wicked ones. i had no trouble whatsoever visualizing interactions between characters and understand
Ariel C
Bob Knight
Dec 10, 2018
TomTB
Mar 10, 2017

The Bloody Crown Trilogy (2 books)
  • Traitor's Prize (The Bloody Crown Trilogy Book 2)
“Have a scaffold erected in the square. We shall hang a traitor or two before dinner. And perhaps afterwards as well.” - Princess Karena” 1 likes
“Have a scaffold erected in the square. We shall hang a traitor or two before dinner. And perhaps afterwards as well.” 0 likes