Start by marking “The Heir” as Want to Read:

The Heir

Welcome to Dover Castle. A place where things are never what they
Paperback, 1, 362 pages
Published December 1st 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heir

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
In order to get the man she had been obsessing about, Shelby Hollier had done unimaginable and unladylike things. Like stealing Solomon Tremaine's wallet and stalking his home and trespassing his property. Before she knew it, she was sucked into a wormhole and into a world she never imagined still existed. In the 1300s.

Solomon Tremaine was such a darling... (well, compared to his other siblings, that is). Shelby was a brave heroine, one who stood on her own and got a good head on her shoulders.
Margaux
Nov 26, 2016 Margaux rated it it was amazing
What do I think? Let me tell you this...I read the book before going to sleep and never got that sleep. I read it in one sitting. I read it the whole evening. By the time I finish it, it was already dawn. I tried to stop reading but obviously that didn't happen. It was that good. The same thing has happened to me, if I remember it correctly, when I read The Guardian and Category Jeremy.

Book 1 is about Elizabet and Jareth - the parents. Book 2 is about Beau and Jeremy - their oldest (adopted) son
Neisa
Jan 10, 2017 Neisa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: historical fiction, young adults, adults
Recommended to Neisa by: Elizabetta Holcomb
First, I want to thank Elizabetta for allowing me to read her wonderful series! I am going to start by saying that I loved, no obsessed over Category Jeremy. It is definitely without a doubt my favorite book so far in the series. I was intrigued by The Guardian and blown away by Category Jeremy, but The Heir was all together another story. It is one that I did enjoy, but I will not be rereading it anytime soon.
What makes The Heir different is that it has a lot more action and time traveling than
Jessthebookslover
Review of The Heir by Elizabetta Holcomb.
Rating: 5/5 stars. No doubt.
The plot: In order to get the man she had been obsessing about, Shelby Hollier has done unimaginable and unladylike things. Like stealing Solomon Tremaine’s wallet, stalking his home and trespassing upon his property. Before she knows it, she is sucked into a wormhole and into a world she never imagined still existed.
Welcome to Dover Castle. A place where things are never what they seem..
The Heir is the third installment in
Salma
Nov 29, 2016 Salma rated it it was amazing
that was CUTE and CUTE!!FUNNY CUTE!!!and the the "I like you, I don't love you" killed ME!!
Lisa Eiff
I received a copy of this book through a social media book review page and said I would post an honest review of it.

I loved this book. It combines small town life in modern times Louisiana and both time and distance traveling to make this story such a wonder to read. I loved the experiences, the romance between Shelby and Solomon, the lighthearted exchanges between siblings in the royal family, it all makes reading this novel a worthy experience. I look forward to reading future novels from this
AnnMarie
Jan 03, 2017 AnnMarie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Heir is the third book in the 'Chronicles of Dover's Amalgam' by Elizabetta Holcomb. Although I believe it can be read as a stand alone story, I think it would be helpful to have read the first two books before this one. I think a better idea of the characters and the Amalgam would be helpful with following this book more easily from the very start.

This is the story of Solomon Tremaine, a man from the 1300s, the Marquis of Hastings. He is the heir to the Dukedom which amongst all the usual t
Darla Mae C.
So how should I start this review without being so obvious about how obsessed I became after reading it?

It’s been a while now since the author, Elizabetta, sent me a copy of this book, and I’ve only had the time to pick it up recently. I started reading this book on Christmas Eve as soon as I was offered the chance to do so, and read it through during Christmas day. And as much as I love spending time with my family during this time of the year, I couldn’t put this down as soon as I started it.

A
Liliyana Shadowlyn
First - WOW! This book blew me out of the water. The action, suspense, romance...all that hangs in the balance, will combine to have your heart racing yet aching. Elizabetta has mastered a delicious mix of emotions to play upon the readers heart, combining to make this an unforgettable read you won't want to put down!

Received for review
BethAnn Redd
Feb 11, 2017 BethAnn Redd rated it it was amazing
Shelby the heroine and Dover's castle connection.... a fabulous time travelling novel. Once you catch it is a time travelling novel... Holcomb did a great job with this book. Must read. There are so many things with in this book that make you not want to put it down. Knowing when you first start reading it that it is a time traveller book makes the flash back flash forward much easier to adjust too.
Layla
Jan 27, 2017 Layla rated it liked it
This wasn't a bad book. It was not what I expected. There is time travel but the time base was the the middle ages and not present time. The family we follow can travel through worm wholes into anytime periods. They are the guardians that try and preserve the timeline as it should happen. I found it strange when I read that there was an air con in the middle ages! But it is understandable. If you can travel through time you can bring back technology and equipment to help you, like, medicine whic ...more
Allie
Jan 23, 2017 Allie rated it it was amazing
I have to start by saying this an extremely unique read. In a genre that sometimes doesn't have stories that really stand out, this one sure does. It is a fabulous YA title, and while it is book 3 in a series, you can totally read it as a standalone. I loved the characters, and the dialogue flowed smoothly.

I was so appreciative that the author gave me a copy, that I couldn't wait to review it.
Ashlee Reed
Dec 11, 2016 Ashlee Reed rated it really liked it
This book was an intriguing read, different from anything else I've read. Those time traveling through me off a couple times, but over all it was a lot of fun. I throughly enjoyed this read and was drawn to the story and its characters until the last page.

I think other readers of this genre will enjoy the story and even ones that are wanting something different.
Raquel
Dec 07, 2016 Raquel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon!
Abbey
Nov 21, 2016 Abbey rated it it was amazing
thIS IS SO GOOD LIKE ITS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!
Paula Genereau
Nov 27, 2016 Paula Genereau rated it it was amazing
What a story. I loved his book and I had a hard time putting it down. It was that good. I think I might have to do a re-read soon.
Tammy
I loved, loved, loved this book! Ms. Holcomb puts a new twist on time travel stories. I loved living in the universe that is this book. Its book 3 of the Chronicles of Dover's Almagam but I read it as a stand alone.
The main characters are adorable. Solomon Tremaine, the Marquis of Hastings, the heir to Dover seat and grandson to King Edward has a learning disability and is preparing for the MCAT. (Yes, this book is quite unique.)
Shelby Hollier is a high school student that shows pigs at 4H com
Nixie Gray
Nixie Gray rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2017
Suzanne J
Suzanne J rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2016
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2016
Immanythings
Immanythings rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2017
Rhanway
Rhanway rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2016
Gwen Manzoni
Gwen Manzoni rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2017
Ruthie Henrick
Ruthie Henrick rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2016
Alice Rachel
Alice Rachel rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2017
JJ4873
JJ4873 rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2016
E. Ardell
E. Ardell marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2016
Wendy Hines
Wendy Hines marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2016
Erin Sheets
Erin Sheets marked it as to-read
Carrie Rundhaug
Carrie Rundhaug marked it as to-read
Jeannie Fletcher
Jeannie Fletcher marked it as to-read
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Lisa Coots
Lisa Coots marked it as to-read
Ava Pavkov
Ava Pavkov marked it as to-read
Krystal Amaral
Krystal Amaral marked it as to-read
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Mistee  Lemaster
Mistee Lemaster marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2016
Michelle VanDaley
Michelle VanDaley marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2016
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2016
TJ Burns
TJ Burns marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2016
Seema Subba
Seema Subba is currently reading it
Nov 22, 2016
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Lynn Demsky
Lynn Demsky marked it as to-read
Duckytwit
Duckytwit marked it as to-read
Tyler Carter
Tyler Carter marked it as to-read
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
RedWych
RedWych marked it as to-read
Donna Chadwick
Donna Chadwick marked it as to-read
Sarah Boucher
Sarah Boucher marked it as to-read
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
15072026
Elizabetta lives in South Louisiana with her children, and cats. When she is not in her writing room creating more stories that surround Dover Castle, she is working nights as a nurse. Mother to 5. Marmee to 1.
Her favorite things in life are writing, reading, theatre, traveling, and spending time with her family.
She believes the best thing about becoming a published author is hearing from readers
More about Elizabetta Holcomb...