Start by marking “The Heir” as Want to Read:

The Heir

Welcome to Dover Castle. A place where things are never what they
Paperback, 1, 362 pages
Published December 1st 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heir

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
In order to get the man she had been obsessing about, Shelby Hollier had done unimaginable and unladylike things. Like stealing Solomon Tremaine's wallet and stalking his home and trespassing his property. Before she knew it, she was sucked into a wormhole and into a world she never imagined still existed. In the 1300s.

Solomon Tremaine was such a darling... (well, compared to his other siblings, that is). Shelby was a brave heroine, one who stood on her own and got a good head on her shoulders.
Jessthebookslover
Review of The Heir by Elizabetta Holcomb.
Rating: 5/5 stars. No doubt.
The plot: In order to get the man she had been obsessing about, Shelby Hollier has done unimaginable and unladylike things. Like stealing Solomon Tremaine’s wallet, stalking his home and trespassing upon his property. Before she knows it, she is sucked into a wormhole and into a world she never imagined still existed.
Welcome to Dover Castle. A place where things are never what they seem..
The Heir is the third installment in
Margaux
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What do I think? Let me tell you this...I read the book before going to sleep and never got that sleep. I read it in one sitting. I read it the whole evening. By the time I finish it, it was already dawn. I tried to stop reading but obviously that didn't happen. It was that good. The same thing has happened to me, if I remember it correctly, when I read The Guardian and Category Jeremy.

Book 1 is about Elizabet and Jareth - the parents. Book 2 is about Beau and Jeremy - their oldest (adopted) son
Neisa
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: historical fiction, young adults, adults
Recommended to Neisa by: Elizabetta Holcomb
First, I want to thank Elizabetta for allowing me to read her wonderful series! I am going to start by saying that I loved, no obsessed over Category Jeremy. It is definitely without a doubt my favorite book so far in the series. I was intrigued by The Guardian and blown away by Category Jeremy, but The Heir was all together another story. It is one that I did enjoy, but I will not be rereading it anytime soon.
What makes The Heir different is that it has a lot more action and time traveling than
Serina
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I want to start off by saying that I really enjoyed the book, but it was kind of slow at times. I've been reading The Heir for about two months, and I used a maximum of one month when I read the other two books. Honestly, I don't know what made this book so much worse to read, because I can't put a finger on it. It's not a bad book, it might just be that I should not have read it right after I was in a reading slump. I will definitely continue the series when the next book drops!
Salma
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
that was CUTE and CUTE!!FUNNY CUTE!!!and the the "I like you, I don't love you" killed ME!!
Darla Mae C.
So how should I start this review without being so obvious about how obsessed I became after reading it?

It’s been a while now since the author, Elizabetta, sent me a copy of this book, and I’ve only had the time to pick it up recently. I started reading this book on Christmas Eve as soon as I was offered the chance to do so, and read it through during Christmas day. And as much as I love spending time with my family during this time of the year, I couldn’t put this down as soon as I started it.

A
Jacqueline Smith
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating and fast-paced tale, well-written and unlike any other story I've read. This isn't your typical time-travel romance. The residents of medieval Dover Castle exist and blend into our modern society just as they live in reign in the fourteenth century. Even though this is the third book in the series, this is the first book that I've read in the Chronicles of Dover's Amalgam. I promise you now, however, that it won't be the last. Upon viewing the synopsis, I especially look forward to ...more
Lisa Eiff
I received a copy of this book through a social media book review page and said I would post an honest review of it.

I loved this book. It combines small town life in modern times Louisiana and both time and distance traveling to make this story such a wonder to read. I loved the experiences, the romance between Shelby and Solomon, the lighthearted exchanges between siblings in the royal family, it all makes reading this novel a worthy experience. I look forward to reading future novels from this
Allie
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to start by saying this an extremely unique read. In a genre that sometimes doesn't have stories that really stand out, this one sure does. It is a fabulous YA title, and while it is book 3 in a series, you can totally read it as a standalone. I loved the characters, and the dialogue flowed smoothly.

I was so appreciative that the author gave me a copy, that I couldn't wait to review it.
BethAnn Redd
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelby the heroine and Dover's castle connection.... a fabulous time travelling novel. Once you catch it is a time travelling novel... Holcomb did a great job with this book. Must read. There are so many things with in this book that make you not want to put it down. Knowing when you first start reading it that it is a time traveller book makes the flash back flash forward much easier to adjust too.
Liliyana Shadowlyn
First - WOW! This book blew me out of the water. The action, suspense, romance...all that hangs in the balance, will combine to have your heart racing yet aching. Elizabetta has mastered a delicious mix of emotions to play upon the readers heart, combining to make this an unforgettable read you won't want to put down!

Received for review
Ashlee Reed
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was an intriguing read, different from anything else I've read. Those time traveling through me off a couple times, but over all it was a lot of fun. I throughly enjoyed this read and was drawn to the story and its characters until the last page.

I think other readers of this genre will enjoy the story and even ones that are wanting something different.
Raquel
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon!
Abbey
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
thIS IS SO GOOD LIKE ITS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!
KARLA
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet and well crafted fantastic fairy tale.

Following the adventures of Shelby and Salomon through time and love will make your heart soar.
The dynamics of the Duke of Dover family is something apart. A well created world for adventure and romance.
The characters are so well created that in the course of less than half a book you will be falling in love with them and wishing the book never ends.
Very well done indeed.
Nancy Phy
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful fantasy

I fell in love with the characters in this story. Most young ladies dream of a knight in shining armor coming to sweep them away. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a great fantasy.
Suzanne Wagner
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sorry When It Ended

This book was a little hard to follow at first but I did not realize it was part of a series. Hated to put it down. Great story that had me tearing up at times. Original story line for over-done time travel. Funny and serious that works.
Ale Heronstairs
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

It's been a while since I've really enjoyed a book. I liked everything about this one. I can say it's a really good book to end the year. :)
AnnMarie
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Heir is the third book in the 'Chronicles of Dover's Amalgam' by Elizabetta Holcomb. Although I believe it can be read as a stand alone story, I think it would be helpful to have read the first two books before this one. I think a better idea of the characters and the Amalgam would be helpful with following this book more easily from the very start.

This is the story of Solomon Tremaine, a man from the 1300s, the Marquis of Hastings. He is the heir to the Dukedom which amongst all the usual t
Tammy
I loved, loved, loved this book! Ms. Holcomb puts a new twist on time travel stories. I loved living in the universe that is this book. Its book 3 of the Chronicles of Dover's Almagam but I read it as a stand alone.
The main characters are adorable. Solomon Tremaine, the Marquis of Hastings, the heir to Dover seat and grandson to King Edward has a learning disability and is preparing for the MCAT. (Yes, this book is quite unique.)
Shelby Hollier is a high school student that shows pigs at 4H com
Cintia Aleixo
Layla
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This wasn't a bad book. It was not what I expected. There is time travel but the time base was the the middle ages and not present time. The family we follow can travel through worm wholes into anytime periods. They are the guardians that try and preserve the timeline as it should happen. I found it strange when I read that there was an air con in the middle ages! But it is understandable. If you can travel through time you can bring back technology and equipment to help you, like, medicine whic ...more
Paula Genereau
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a story. I loved his book and I had a hard time putting it down. It was that good. I think I might have to do a re-read soon.
MONICA
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crazy and interesting

It's not for everyone. You may think of giving up at the begining. It's too much of a mix of time travelling, or time jumping, to and from, mixed with a paranormal part that's hard to understand, with medieval and modern struggles. But once you get the way of It, it's a Very interesting story, with a Nice couple among a good family. Again, not easy to follow, specially If you don't like the genre. My low point was, as a Brazilian, that I knew that something wrong was gonna b
Valerie Barnes
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this story

This story grows on you. At first I thought t this would be a nice way to pass the time, but the further I got into it, the more I enjoyed it. Oftentimes stories like this get silly and more than ridiculous. Although it has it moments of silliness, it makes up for that in other ways. It is so refreshing to read a love story where the love is based on mutual respect instead of lust. Yeah, the good guys tend to be a bit too good at times but then they show their foibles and flaws
Magi Kyle
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable book to read

I enjoyed this book. It did take a bit to read, some of it was a little confusing. Very enjoyable . People should read this. Very interesting story.
Jenna
Nov 15, 2017
Judy
Nov 09, 2017
Nixie Gray
Jan 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Time Heiress (The Time Heiress, #2)
  • Time Dance (Time Dance #1-3)
  • Time-Kissed Destiny
  • Ironheart: Anselm's Tale  (Tales of a Traveler, #3)
  • Journey to Yesterday (Yesterday, #1)
  • Mercer Street (American Journey, #2)
  • Love And Honor (The Lightwood Affair #3)
  • A Tryst in Time
  • A Lesson in Presumption (Lesson #5)
  • A Newfound Land (The Graham Saga #4)
  • Passions of the Ghost (Immortal Warriors, #3)
  • Unforgotten (Timeswept)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Timeless Spirit (Timeless Hearts #2)
  • Sixpence Bride
  • Separated By Time (Thistle & Hive, #3)
  • Untimely Return (An Untimely Romance #2)
Elizabetta lives in South Louisiana with her children, and cats. When she is not in her writing room creating more stories that surround Dover Castle, she is working nights as a nurse. Mother to 5. Marmee to 1.
Her favorite things in life are writing, reading, theatre, traveling, and spending time with her family.
She believes the best thing about becoming a published author is hearing from readers