Start by marking “Silent Signs” as Want to Read:
Silent Signs

Silent Signs

No longer available.

When life falls apart, what if sharing your secrets with a perfect stranger makes it all fall back in place?

On the fateful weekend her husband puts an end to their marriage, Sophie Thompson must leave for a two-week work assignment in London. As she juggles her emotions at the airport terminal, Matthew O’Brian observes her, intrigued. When the opportu
Published December 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Silent Signs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Signs

Saunders
I stopped reading at 71%. Drawn in by the 5 star ratings I thought I was going to get something different but instead it became a book of the same issues within a marriage and total "ostrich" vision from the married couple.

I had major difficulty with the married characters and I they really needed their heads knocking together. I found it difficult to relate to their issues, the constant procrastination of both parties and the way they tried to correct their poor relationship was to cheat on eac
Coco.V
Oct 12, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/12/2017)!
Darly
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SILENT SIGNS is a beautifully written, realistic and captivating story with well-developed characters and unexpected twists. Sophie's journey moved me in a way I can't begin to express. Everything about it, the plot and the details of what transpired, popped right off the pages. This romance is breathtakingly realistic and encompasses the full gamut of human emotions. It's a story I could easily see myself reading again.
Mary
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written story about love and betrayal. A story about Sophie and her husband Alex who live in Madrid with their ten-year-old son. Specifically, it's about the silent signs people always seem to miss until it's already too late. The signs Sophie missed until she put the pieces of the puzzle together and had to face her husband's betrayal.

While Sophie struggles to come to terms with what has happened to her she will meet Matthew whose friendship and presence on a business trip
Leigh Stuart
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lyrical and touching, this story digs deep inside the psyche and emotions of a woman whose life suddenly explodes, giving her the chance to put it together differently. I love this author's use of language that pulled me in and wouldn't let go, and a story line that wove into my own thoughts and heart. And the ending left me breathless, but I won't put any spoilers!
Katerina Bray
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly amazing and a well written page turner! With this story you must expect the unexpected! It also reminds you to love wholeheartedly and follow your heart. Thank you Ana Simons for a great read!!!
Gabriela Cabezut
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved the story Ana Simons created for us. Her writing is unique and beautiful and the whole plot was a much more grown up intrinsic relationship between the struggle of a woman to let go and open her heart to a new person.

Great read!
Lina Hansen
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read romances. Too soppy. This one is the big exception. As in BIG. Because it isn't soppy at all. It is a highly intelligent, inspirational exploration of a woman's soul. I'm enjoying it very much
Sachitra
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silent Signs is a very realist and modern day story of marriage and everything around it. It’s such a heartwarming story with humor, tears and real emotions. I loved every bit of it.
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sophie leads a seemingly idyllic life with her husband Alex and their son Charlie in Madrid until she suddenly and shockingly learns that her husband no longer appreciates their marriage as much as Sophie. Days after learning that her world is falling apart, Sophie boards a plane to London for a two-week work trip. After accidentally leaving her book behind on the plane, which also included her trip information, she meets a handsome and charismatic Matt - and they just seem to click. But what wi ...more
Lisa Guzman
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story

I don’t know why I downloaded this story to be honest. I one click books and half the time I forget I even have them or what they are about. This particular story happened to fall into the latter. This story took me a bit to get into it and then once I did it was actually a very interesting storyline of a married couple going through a difficult time in their life. How life throws you lemons and it’s up to you to decide what you do with them. The story was really refreshing in t
Colleen
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVE THIS AUTHOR!!!! Each time I read one of her books she transports me to that world and those people's lives as if they are my friends: as I come to care deeply about them and their fate. Silent Signs is moving and touching and loving and warm and full of hope but it isn't maudlin nor does it lack humor. It is life and real and memorable. Ana Simons gives me so much that I actually care about her as a person as much as i respect her writing!!!
Nikkita
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartfelt emotional journey

Wow, definitely an emotional rollercoaster of a read. I was hooked very early on, the characters were so real, the story so phenomenally written that you feel an actual part of the story. This is one of those books that breaks you, and then puts you back together. Amazing story!
Elvie Whitney
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a lovely story,The plotting between the husband and wife’s,...The affair! And the story of two people I love ! It’s amazing,...
Amy
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this book.
What would I/we do in this situation? We all walk away from different situations and what if....
This was more than I expected.
Dilyana
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
To sum it up, Silent Signs isn’t amongst my favorite books this year, but it’s still something I’m glad I had the chance to read.

The book starts at a very emotional moment for the female lead. You’ll have to wait for a couple of chapters to find out exactly what’s going on, but you can see the results of what she’s going through right in Chapter One. Her emotional state catches the eye and leaves an impression on Matthew – our male lead.

At first I didn’t really like the guy, he was giving me a c
Janice Joven
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SILENT SIGNS by Ana Simons
review by Jenevieve Joven

Once you marry, you hope to see yourself being married to the man you chose to be with for eternity, but that is cliché. Sophie Thompson’s married life started as one, until she discovered how much of her she was willing to put in her marriage.

The protagonist is one to be admired in this sophisticated modern romance. She needs to be strong, to be a perfect mother to her child, be the wife her husband thought he needed and now thinks he shouldn’t
Jelena
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's one of those books you just have to read - it's real, it's both heart-wrenching and heartwarming, it's intelligent, it's deep, it draws you in, it's just...Amazing!

The author has done such a great job depicting the challenges a modern woman faces in her everyday life, especially when it's disturbed by the unexpected end of her marriage, showing that right choices aren't always easy to discern and the strength necessary to move on with life after such tectonic changes. I'm not trying to mak
Mel
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Contemporary Romance
Ana Simons's charismatic and introspective chicklit, Silent Signs, navigated Sophie Thompson's fallen marriage and an unexpected affair embarkment with an intriguingly enigmatic stranger named Matthew O'Brian. Through flashbacks and waves of wisdom, Sophie revealed the nuances that she had never realized were the silent signs of a floundering relationship. Meanwhile, despite dubious convictions that her surreptitious affair with Matthew will be short-lived--a rebound romance--she dipped her toe ...more
Swetha
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Loved the book, the story touched me very deeply, the struggle of a broken relationship, the rebound romance.

The budding of new romance with a total stranger at the airport, she wants to explore the new found love, but is afraid of again getting hurt, whom can she trust, will Matthew be the answer to all her prayers…. Should she stay back in her broken marriage for sake of her son, the decisions she make is admirable.

To walk off to be strong for her son, for herself many of us face such challen
MNJ Greenhill
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sophie’s journey navigating a failed marriage and finding love again is truly inspiring. The glimpse into her life at its lowest point, is thought provoking and, at times, poignant.

Like us all, Sophie is not perfect. She makes the same mistakes as the rest of us. Her very raw and emotional roller coaster journey of self-discovery is not your typical romance, which, by its very nature sets it apart from many of the other stories of its kind.

Silent Signs will have you experiencing the ups and down
Marilyn Renaudin
Interesting read

Interesting story with characters that bring many questions to ponder. Life is so complicated and worthy of living. Very enjoyable book.
Sabrina Grosvenor
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Ana Simons and I pretty much enjoyed it. Mrs. Simons tells an intriguing and captivating story of one woman's life and her upcoming divorce. Moving thousands of miles abroad Sophie accidentally left her book on the plane A total stranger(whose a handsome Dr.) noticed her while he was also travelling succeeded in returning Sophie's book to her hotel but it doesn't stop there. What was a friendly meeting over drinks carefully builds into something more. This was a honest b ...more
Kristin
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Silent Signs, and it was a quick read for me. There were a few moments throughout the book that I was worried the author was creating storylines too similar to other popular books and TV shows, like Fifty Shades of Grey, Grey's Anatomy, and One Day. But I really enjoyed the characters and felt something really special about Matthew. A realistic love story, I thought the author understood the main character's pain from her recent marital problems and the confusion of finding some ...more
Jessie
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story, you will not regret picking it out to read. Such passion intertwined in the words, made me feel such intense emotions and suspense between the chapters.
Our main protagonist Sophie is not like someone you'd normally see in a romance novel, she's middle aged when she hits her crisis point it's amazing to see who she bumps into and this person becomes someone so intriguing and passionate that it brings out an amazing side to Sophie, making this story so amazing.
This book made me
Tia
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

This book has everything. It's heartbreaking, tender, emotional, creative, lovely, and fascinating. The characters are intriguing, active, and give the readers an attachment.
Brilliant writing.
Nothing is easy, life is full of downs and ups. Marriage is supposed to be sacred and the spouses are supposed to endure, love, and be with one another. Sofie's world is rocked in more ways than one but she has a strength readers will love. I'm thrilled she was strong in her convictions. It made h
Tiffani
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I pretty much read this nonstop, I just couldn't put it down. I have been incredibly touched by this story and I enjoyed it so much! I wish it could continue. The story truly brought you into the lives of the characters and I felt like I truly connected with them. There's love, fun, laughter, sadness and tears. But I really loved it. You have an incredible talent, I really hope you continue writing, because I really look forward to reading more of your stories. Thanks so much for sharing this st ...more
Kevina
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*received an arc in exchange for an honest*

Realistic, raw and beautiful story telling of a woman not just starting over but discovering what is out there for herself. Loving every page as Sophia speaks of memories from her marriage and meeting the mysterious sweet man that returned her book from a chance meeting at the airport. Ana Simons's writing is impeccable! five stars!
Kate Smith
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! It is a heartwarming, touching and at points humorous read - make sure you have a box of tissue...
I don't want to go into details and give any spoilers, but it has a unique and refreshing turn. This a wonderful debut novel, carrying you through the pages to a satisfying end.
Marilize Grobler
This story resonated with me, and I must confess I read it in less than a day! This is an inspiring story and after having read it with bated breath, I believe in second chances again! I cannot wait for more stories from the pen of Ana Simons!
Oprah's Book Club...: Free Book Giveaway 1 30 Apr 05, 2017 01:27AM
Oprah's Book Club...: Free Book Giveaway 12 399 Feb 06, 2017 07:00AM
Etched to Memory 1 7 Dec 02, 2016 06:38PM

• Indian Maidens Bust Loose
  • Finding Isadora
  • The Second Cup (The Butterfly Effect, #1)
  • Brothers of the Sword/Children of Time
  • Casa Clara
  • The Heaviness of Knowing (Conscious Dreamer #1)
  • The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 24: 1997-1998
  • Still Waters
  • The Complete Philadelphia Series: Books 1-3 (Philadelphia, #1-3)
  • Peggy Sue Got Pregnant
  • Left Behind
  • Fractured Lies (MAC Security #1)
  • Sea of Dreams
  • In the Devil's Dreams
  • What the Heart Sees
  • The Hothouse by the East River
  • Love in Bloom
  • Dangerous Gentlemen (Daughters of Sin #2)
“We crave for inscrutable men, men that intrigue us, men who force us to embark on a journey towards the unknown instead. They’ll take the steady ground from under our feet or will somehow inflict some degree of agony. Even knowing this beforehand, we still feel tempted to do it. And trying to mend a broken or damaged soul would be the ultimate challenge, I suppose. ________” 0 likes
“I took a deep intake of breath and gathered all my strength to unleash the arrogant, cold-hearted royal bitch who must hide somewhere in deeper layers of my being. We all must have one somewhere, and she should see the light of day sometimes.” 0 likes