Start by marking “Waiting for Spring 1 (Waiting for Spring, #1)” as Want to Read:
Waiting for Spring 1 (Waiting for Spring, #1)

Waiting for Spring 1

(Waiting for Spring #1)

A sweet romantic story of a soft-spoken high school freshman and her quest to make friends, Waiting for Spring will delight fans of earnest, fun, and dramatic shojo like Kimi ni Todoke and Say I Love You.

Mizuki is a shy girl who's about to enter high school, and vows to open herself up to new friendships. Of course, the four stars of the boys' basketball team weren't exact
Published July 18th 2017 by Kodansha Comics (first published July 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for Spring 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for Spring 1

Wing (bibliomeds)
re-reading 'cause why notttt
Lauren
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this opening volume of Waiting for Spring - great artwork, lovable characters and a very cute premise.

Katie
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Thank you to Madison for getting me my first manga 💙

I read this during The Reading Rush and it was so cute and fun! It definitely took me a bit to get used to reading manga, since I've never read one before, but I picked up on it pretty quickly! I really felt for Mitsuki and how she felt like a bit of an outsider. It warmed my heart seeing how the boys took her in to their group and helped her open up.

This was honestly such a great manga to pick as a starter to the genre! I'm excited to conti
Patty
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, manga
A solid start to this series! I went into this not know what it was about and really enjoyed it! I’m a little confused about Aya-Chan though, from the beginning it said she’s a girl but now there’s an emphasis on it...why? Guess I’ll find out in vol 2!
Kate
4/5stars

a little generic but still a lot of fun! i love all the different characters and learning their personalities. the only thing i'm confused with is at the end (view spoiler)
Zeenat
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First Manga I’ve ever read, but it turned out to be really good. It was overall just a cute story with likable characters and a cheesy plot.
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Mitsuki is a shy and socially awkward girl who struggled to make friends in middle school. Now as she enters high school she vows to make an ultimate friend! Towa, Kyosuke, Ryuji and Rui are the stars of the boys' basketball team and not what she was looking for, but after a huge misunderstanding they befriend Mitsuki... whether she wants them to or not! Add in an odd girl with her own ideas about this foursome and a long-haired guy who could g
Anya
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2019-reads
4.5 this is so cute the characters are adorable!!! I really want the second hahaha
AO
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Very cute, very simple story. The drawings are all clear and nice. It's about a quiet girl who makes friends with a group of four boys who are all in the basketball club.
Jess 📚
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS! It was so cute and pure! And actually gave me raven boys vibes in some sections. I’ll be picking up the next volumes soon!
Brittany
This manga follows a girl named Mitsuki who is going to into high school with the intent of making friends with people. The problem is that she is shy and quiet and has a hard time talking to others. That is until four boys from her school's basketball team starts hanging around her work and she starts to make friends with them.
I am not someone who reads a lot of sports manga or watches sports anime so I was a bit nervous going into this. But I LOVED this manga so much! I absolutely adored Mits
Lauren
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, manga, borrowed
So cute!
˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗
This was so cute!
Iving
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I’m so trash for cutesy fluffy high school romance manga I’m so so sO trash I have nothing more to say
Skye Chanel
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Me pre-teen heart is quaking!!!

This is the cutest read y’all especially if you love rom-coms. Light hearted, angsty, teenage boys on the basketball team, awkward main character, It’s like I was transported back to high school haha. Soo looking forward to the next volume, especially since this is one ended on a mild cliff hanger.

If you want to see my thoughts on the book in video form I do I have a reading vlog that will be up Monday Jan 7th. I will post the link below when it’s up! 💕🏀💕
Yesy (The Book Vagrant)
cute!
Chadreadsbooks
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first ever manga book read and what a way to start haha a super cute and fluffy story and loved it so much now I’m ready for the rest 😂
Laura D
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I knew I would like this manga simply by the cover. Waiting for Spring is a shoujo manga with an art style I love. The first volume had me hooked throughout.
Highly recommended for anyone that likes Sand Chronicles, House of the Sun, We Were There, Strobe Edge, and many more similar style shoujo manga.
ambyreads
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhhhhhhh 💗 this was cute and trashy uwu
Mary

Decent start. Mitsuki is a good heroine that I want to see develop more. The main love interest, Towa, is likewise decent. Definitely feels reminiscent to a modern, school-based otome game, which is a plus in my book.

Unfortunately, girl hate seems to be rampant in shojo and this is no exception. Most newer series talk discuss this issue and even attempt to smooth some of it out, but this one was set up so that it was almost seen as a "win" for Mitsuki if the guys noticed her....STAHP. Hopefully
Juliet
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I saw this book and it reminded me of the anime I watched when I was younger. This is the first manga I have read and really enjoyed it. It's a sweet story and maybe.. predictable.. but I don't mind. I will be getting the second volume and I look forward to continuing the series.
Kia ✩
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TRUST ME, READ THIS
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, manga
It's more like 3.5 stars.

Shoujo seems to be lackluster for me these days. This is mainly due to the heroines/tropes all being annoyingly similar. However, I decided to give this one a shot, seeing how my library has several of the volumes in their system.

I liked the main character well enough. It takes a lot for me to be interested in the story and the characters these days. I'm not a fan of sports/manga related to sports, but basketball seems to be the exception. I think the slowly building em
Amanda at Nerdification Reviews
Cute enough to read volume two, but nothing has really hooked me. I like when Mitsuke doesn't let the boys get away with messing with her, and could have used some more of that. Towa is nice enough, but since all he does is sleep in class and play basketball I can't say that I feel invested in him as a love interest. I don't love overzealous fan girls as a plot element, and this first volume has lots of that.
Lynn
A plain girl changes high schools to make some friends. The girls are a bit cruel to her but at the cafe where she works she ends up making friends with some of the coolest guys in the school, the basketball team. And the most handsome guy on the team appears to like her! A start to a new manga series! Definitely for young teens in the teen idol phase. It's very sweet and they'll love it.
Karen
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This was my first manga and it was a good intro for me. It was a very straightforward, light story about a shy girl who becomes friends with the basketball team while navigating the mean fan girls.

It wasn't a very complex story and probably better for a younger reader than myself but still cute.
Maricar Dizon
Status: On going
Read Volume 1-5

Another go-to shoujo manga whenever I want to immerse myself with high school friendship and romance. Anashin has one of the best art in shoujo world. If you want a lot of bishounen, this is one of the best manga I can recommend.
Gudny
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
This was amazing!! I immediately ordered volumes 3-6, and started volume 2!!
Ivona
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Excuse me? Where have you been all my life? *cries* I love it so much!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Shoujo Manga Book...: Waiting for Spring Discussion 2 10 May 04, 2019 05:47AM

• 私のオオカミくん 1 (Watashi no Ookami-kun, #1)
  • 夢みる太陽 1 [Yume Miru Taiyou 1] (Dreaming Sun, #1)
  • A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 9 (A Devil and Her Love Song, #9)
  • 椿町ロンリープラネット 2 [Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet 2]
  • 私がモテてどうすんだ 7 [Watashi ga Motete dousunda 7] (Kiss Him, Not Me!, #7)
  • Bloodhound (Cinderella, #1)
  • Ascendance Trilogy: The False Prince, The Runaway King, The Shadow Throne
  • 贄姫と獣の王 1 [Niehime to Kemono no Ou 1] (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts, #1)
  • Magical Girl Apocalypse, Vol. 1
  • 高嶺と花 2 (Takane to Hana #2)
  • QQスイーパー 1 (QQ Sweeper, #1)
  • L-DK, Vol.10

Waiting for Spring (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • 春待つ僕ら 2 [Haru Matsu Bokura 2] (Waiting for Spring, #2)
  • 春待つ僕ら 3 [Haru Matsu Bokura 3] (Waiting for Spring, #3)
  • 春待つ僕ら 4 [Haru Matsu Bokura 4] (Waiting for Spring, #4)
  • 春待つ僕ら 5 [Haru Matsu Bokura 5] (Waiting for Spring, #5)
  • 春待つ僕ら 6 [Haru Matsu Bokura 6] (Waiting for Spring, #6)
  • Waiting for Spring 7 (Waiting for Spring, #7)
  • Waiting for Spring 08
  • Waiting for Spring 9 (Waiting for Spring, #9)
  • Waiting for Spring 10 (Waiting for Spring, #10)
  • Waiting for Spring 11 (Waiting for Spring, #11)