Start by marking “Tiger's Eye” as Want to Read:
Tiger's Eye

Tiger's Eye

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  992 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Lady Isabella St. John looked at her virile captor, and recognized that he alone could help her. A prince of the 18th-century London underworld, this rogue, known as the Tiger, was a man who liked the taste of danger. Kidnapped by murderous highway-men at the request of her ruthless, fortune-seeking husband, a daring escape leads Isabella straight into the arms of the Tige ...more
Published 1989 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Tiger's Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger's Eye

Aug 09, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ana T.
Dec 08, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a deliciously fun romp! I had no idea what to expect when I started this book, in fact I have no idea still why I added it to my TBR pile since it was so long ago that I did.

The story opens with Lady Isabella being kidnapped and later victim of a murder attempt at the orders of her husband.

Isabella is a sort of innocent and naïve heroine, one of those girls who are usually very annoying but that here I think worked rather well. She and Alex are soon attracted to each other, besides her bei
Yolanda
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
precioso, me ha encantado!!!
liz
You know the drill, "upper-class woman falls for the wrong man." Except, in this case her husband is trying to kill her. Awesome! Of course he teaches her what true love (in all of its glorious physicality) really is.

She could refuse him, and he would stop. He had said he did not force unwilling women, and she believed him.
But she was not unwilling. And he was not Bernard.
(dun-dun DUNNNNNN)
Karina Garcia
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La historia es preciosa, sus protagonistas distintos y decididos. En algún momento del libro me ha parecido que sobraban algunos detalles, pero luego al finalizar con su lectura la sensación que me ha dejado es de gusto, una lectura muy entretenida, un buen relato, bastante suspenso y una historia de amor que te hace suspirar la mayor parte del libro.
красная мафия
Jo
Xiamera
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classifieds
This was my favorite type of typical historical romance. 'Innocent' heroine is seduced and falls for the very male Hero after some dire circumstances throw them together. It was well written and the love scenes were appropriately steamy. I enjoyed the hell out of it and was reminded of a simpler time in my book tastes when historical romance was all I read.
Manuela
Feb 17, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cvl, storico
Megan Keehan
Jun 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of favorites....
~Sara~
I don't like books where the heroine has to choose between her abusive husband and her lover but the final scene between the H/h almost made it worthwhile for me.
Ingrid Spera
Cute. I love that he was the ruffian "bad" guy (and mostly believable!!) and she was the good one.
Jeeza
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I read this book years and years back, when I was still new to the genre of romance. I loved it then. Having grown up a bit since, I'm not so sure about it anymore. What a kaffaffel these two lovebird create around them. Him making out with one girl first, then forgetting her in the next room and making out with the next. Later on proposing to run away, being turned down (and wondering why she did?), but still hanging around the lady in question. And what a ridiculous situations the author is ...more
Mar
El primer erótico que me leí, y en un momento que me vino muy bien evadirme. Ahora ya ese tipo de literatura erótica no la leo tanto, pero este me encantó. De los eróticos de antes en los que el protagonista secuestra a la chica y ella termina enamorándose perdidamente de él.
Serena Miles
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Libro de aventuras con un toque de misterio que me encantó y he leido muchas veces

8/10
Madara
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Karen Robard's "Irresistible" a while ago and barely managed to read it through. However, I dared to give her second opportunity based on suggestion from a friend by reading another book of hers - "Tiger's Eye". Well, it was better, but I don't think I read any other book of hers.

After the first pages I stared to the book with disbelief - lady, wed by her father to a cold man, is getting kidnapped because her husband wants her dead? AGAIN? What is it with Robards and this storyline?

To my
BRNTerri
Natward1yahoo.com
Did not finish about halfway through. This book is written okay and it's an alright story. The plot and characters aren't overly cliche which i always appreciate. It did start to drag a bit though. But then there was a great scene in which the lead female Isabella and the lead male Alec finally start a getting to know you conversation that turns into him teaching her a card game and they both let loose and start flirting and laughing and I thought oh good finally the book is taking a good turnin ...more
Sylvia
Ah. That was satisfying.

I first read this book around the time it was originally published in the late 80's. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it today, since I no longer enjoy some of the romances I used to like from that era. This book held up over time for me. There are some old school elements, such as strong alpha hero who teeters on the edge of "forced seduction". There are several "no, no, no, YES" encounters, but the heroine always consents. I am a sucker for a charming, thuggish hero
Roxanne
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cristina Contilli
"Isabella non riusciva a togliersi dalla mente l'idea che qualcosa fosse accaduto tra lei e Alec, qualcosa che andava al di là di ogni sua esperienza precedente. Qualcosa di ardente e segreto che aveva fatto irradiare il calore provato alle guance...
a tutto il corpo, fino alla punta dei piedi."

"Sì, maledizione! Ti sposerò domani se sarà possibile e il giorno dopo se la cosa non si dovesse concretizzare! E che il resto del mondo si impicchi!"

Una giusta conclusione vista l'enorme differenza soci
Macarena Albendiz
Más de 400 páginas sin acción apenas y sin conocer a los protagonistas a fondo. Decepción tremenda, la autora se afana en describir situaciones una y otra vez, y en cambio no se para en otros aspectos como conocer por dentro a los personajes. Los capítulos son demasiados cortos (algunos apenas de 3 páginas) y eso hace que la lectura sea lenta porque no te enganchas nada y quieres dejar la toalla cada vez que pasas de página. Resumiendo: no me gusta Karen Robards en este género de romántica histó ...more
Amy
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book very much...what a fun read! The heroine, Isabela,is about weak and timid for my personal taste but it seemed to fit the book so it was fine and it matched the hero, Tiger,just fine. I thought this book had about the right mix of romance and plot...I don't care for it when the romance part of the book overwhelms and takes over. The plot and characters kept my interest and I even had a few good laughs. Great job Koren!
Anna Mcfadden
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lady Isabela is kidnapped and at the time she tries to escape she runs to into Alec Tyrone (The Tiger) king of the underworld and he rescues. they discover someone hire the guys to kidnapped her then when ransom was paid to killed her only she escape first. Isabel la knows only Alec is save her from her husband. Their love should not be with her being a Lady on the ton and him a lowlife criminal but their love proves the world wrong.
Merrin
Jan 17, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Uhhhhh no thanks. I'm kinda tired of the trope where the lady protests and the man persists because she obviously WANTS to be kissed. Over it.

The female protagonist has no agency, the only other significant female characters are heinously jealous of her for various reasons and completely f her over in various circumstances, and the love declarations come out of literally nowhere. If I hadn't been trapped on a plane I would never have bothered finishing this book.
Liz Stevens
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Good story. Disappointing ending. Just a self-sacrificing load of tripe wrapped up as a happy ending. OK, the heroine has moments you want to smack her, but they are surprisingly few, until that ending, when you want to go WWE and whack her with a folding chair. I might be on a rant, but the ending requires a rant from anyone with ovaries!!
Susan
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite romance as a kid. I read it so many times that to my dying day I'll probably still remember the plot. I'd never read it again because the reality could never live up to a 13 or 14 year old's memory of it and I'd probably find it silly and poorly written, but still.... Alec and Isabella, I loved you once!
Lady Claire, Marchioness of Fancy Pants
I would really give this book 2.5 stars. I liked it okay. The story was different, but I didn't necessarily like either of the characters. The story could have been a lot cooler with the hero being the "lord of London's underworld." But once again, I was sadly disappointed. There was no coolness. I did finish the book, which has to mean it was okay.
Elle
Aug 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kidnapped for ransom, Lady Isabella St. Just initially cooperates with her captors - until she realizes they mean to kill her. Then she escapes them and runs right into the arms of the Tiger, lord of the London underworld. It seems they both have something in common - someone in their lives wants to kill them. A pretty good read, but not a keeper.
Kshydog
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A good start but fails to stay realistic. Lady Isabella is believable at first but then becomes more fickle female and adulteress as the story progresses. Alec as King of London's outlaws stays more true to his character.
  • No Gentle Love
  • Dream Fever
  • The Spanish Rose
  • Tempted
  • Speak Only Love (Regency Duo, #1)
  • No Choice But Surrender
  • Surrender in Moonlight
  • Bonds of Love
  • Lily
  • The Darkest Heart
  • The Rainbow Season (Turner's Rainbows Saga, #1)
  • Keeper of the Dream
  • Ondine
Karen Robards is the New York Times, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of more than fifty books and one novella. She has won multiple awards including six Affaire de Coeur Silver Pen Awards for favorite author.
Karen has been writing since she was very young, and was first published nationally in the December 1973 Reader's Digest. She sold her first romance novel, ISLAND FLAME, wh
More about Karen Robards...

“whoreson husband of yours and, to her credit, to your father, thinking that” 0 likes