Start by marking “Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)

Murder Under a Mystic Moon

(Chintz 'n China Mystery #3)

With her teenaged daughter's birthday on the horizon and the town's autumn festival in full swing, Emerald has her hands full with party preparations and teashop specials. But a request from her friend Jimbo has her using her abilities to look into the disappearance of his friend. In the woods surrounding the Klickavail Valley enclave, Emerald senses a strange energy manif ...more
Published November 1st 2016 by Nightqueen Enterprises, LLC (first published January 4th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Under a Mystic Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Under a Mystic Moon

Kathy Davie
Third in the Chintz 'n China cozy paranormal mystery series and revolving around Emerald O'Brien, a tea room owner, and her two kids set in Chiqetaw, Washington. It's fall.

My Take
It's a psychic story for sure that involves Native American myths, which does provide a bit of a niggle, which is Galenorn's treatment of the Klakatat monster. It was annoyingly obtuse for the first half of the book. I'm curious if Galenorn will incorporate the visions Em receives from the lore-keeper?

The overall theme
Amanda
Mar 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
There are happy endings, and then there are over the top, unrealistic, "murderer confesses double homicide to arresting officer" while "arch-rival buys several hundred dollars' worth of china from Heroine in a gesture of appreciation" and "Ecstatic Boyfriend buys lot next door and promises to propose on her next birthday" endings. Taken individually, any one of these unbelievable outcomes would spoil a good mystery, but when all occur in the same novel within the final two chapters, the result i ...more
Carlin
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One must suspend rational belief to read these books but reading the Chintz 'n China series in order was such a grand decision. I really enjoyed this one, #3. The protagonist Emerald is a single mother owner of the Chintz 'n China Tea Shop in a small town in Washington State near the Cascades. She sees ghosts at times especially her Nana grandmother who comes to her rescue on occasion or just bolsters her confidence. She reads Tarot cards for her customers, has a couple of interesting women frie ...more
Ivy
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

Yay!!! Emerald got together with Joe. Glad that Murray found love with Jimbo. RIP Scar and Clyde. Congrats to Harlow on her baby girl. Emerald should open her own detective business.

Can't wait to read A Harvest of Bones!!!!
Sue
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is enough going on with the tea and china and tarot reading shop owned by Emerald, and her family that the reader is always surprised by new angles or events. The small town in Washington in which Emerald, her family and friends, and her store inhabit is a mix of more staid and very non conformist characters. I like the parts of the story where her kids misbehave and act out as it brings a sense of realism to the tale. Murray and Harlow, Emerald's best friends, have a role in this one too. ...more
Veronica
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I gotta say -- I'd love to be able to give more than 5 stars to some books. Like Murder Under a Mystic Moon. Yasmine Galenorn is new to my favorites list, and she's pretty near the top. Owner of a china shop/tea room, Emerald is also a talented and highly qualified psychic, although she doesn't practice the gamut of the psychic world. What she does, though, she does -- well -- awesomely. Solving murders -- some of the nastiest -- is a challenge that she accepts because it involves a friend of a ...more
Deana-Coffee, Books, Life Blog

3.5 Stars

Excellent paranormal mystery.

Someone has it in for bikers and Emerald has found herself tangled in another tale of mystery and murder. Murder Under a Mystic Moon, the third book of the Chintz ‘n China Series is filled with suspense and magic. Ms. Galenorn gives readers her twists on legend and lore, creating a unique story. A lot of character development with Emerald, which I love. I feel like I really got to know her in this book. Life throws her a lot of curveballs, and I enjoy seein
Kat Lebo
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder Under a Mystic Moon, A Chintz 'n China Mystery, Book #3
by Yasmine Galenorn

I always enjoy delving into Emerald O'Brien's world, and this time was no different. Galenorn produced a great mystery, full of every-day incidents plus some very NOT every-day incidents. Her mix of the normal and paranormal is excellent, the plotting and pacing spectacular, the editing and proofing top-notch, the characters so real they jump off the page, the action heart stopping, and she ties it all up neatly at
Seraphia
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Murder Under a Mystic Moon by Yasmine Galenorn is book 3 in her Chintz ‘n China series. In this book we are reunited with Emerald and her two kids: Kip and Miranda. Emerald has been enjoying some peace and quiet for a few months since the incident with the jade dragon and the curse that was associated with it. Life has gone back to a semblance of normalcy for them. Things are back to normal at the Chintz ‘n China shop and there hasn’t been any more spirits or murders that have popped up to draw ...more
Ellen White
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emerald gets a call from Jimbo one of his best buddies been missing for a week, saying she owed him one. Wanting her to called up a spirit, usually her grandmother to find out where he is at. Finding him in the woods already dead, does someone have it in for bikers or for him. Interesting job, reading tarot cards, the people pleasantly call her a witch. She has some real zany characters, and mixes it with the folklore of the town. Good mystery, and getting to know the town people.
Valerie
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Could be better

Really kept turning the page expecting the next page would be better. Had some really great parts, but way too many poorly written parts. At times it felt like 2 different story tellers wrote it. Some great ideas, but was often ruined with too much mundane information, lack of excitement or poorly executed drama.
marcia mccoy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very exciting

This is a very exciting story. The characters are strong, interesting and very well described. I had read one of the other books in this series some tim e ago, but shortly after starting to read, I remembered who they were and how they fit. I look forward to reading more.
Catherine
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
PNW History

I too abide in the Pacific Northwest; while I have not seen Sasquatch, I know people who have. This story resonated with me. Thank you for the explanation of how your story came about, that really helped put the story line into perspective. I look forward to reading another of your stories, it really hit the spot.
Suzen
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mystic murder solving teashop owner. Biker group and people showing up dead with animal like markings. Bad guy turns out to be Bear and involved old heist money. Sasquatch type creature handling some of the local myth. Liked the main character.
Mary Lou Graff
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting, intelligent and charming.

Nice reading. Believable characters, interesting plots, story moves right along at a good pace! Enjoy the entertainment between characters. Thanks for a good story!
Debra Barstad
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a different type of cozy mystery. some parts seemed to drag but than other parts seemed to have a pulse of its own. At the end of the book there was a recipe for making a dream pillow which I found interesting.
Melanie Brule
I gave this book five stars simply because I couldn't leave it alone. It's the third in the series that I've read and so far I think it's my favorite. I found spirits in this book to be more believable than in the two previous books. A fun read and one simply hard to put down.
Clarence A Corter
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder under a mystic moon

I really enjoyed reading this book. It had mystery, Mystic, and romance. I'm looking forward to reading more books written by Yasmine Galenorn in the future.
Mary Walterman
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who is the monster?

I loved this book on so many levels. It is a murder mystery, a love story and an environmental reminder. That reminder is that respect for our planet as well as each other begins in our own backyards! Read this for fun and the underlying message.
Liza Fay
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As good if not better then the first

I read the reviews before deciding to get this book. I'm often very disappointed in the second book in a series. Not so with this book!! The second proved to be as good as the first!!!
Robin Siota Breeding
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read

This was the best of the first three books in this series. Not only did the story have a good plot and good side characters, the mystical aspect was very heart warming. I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.
Gail Worley
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

The story kept me riveted. Yasmine has A very good creative imagination. It was such a good book . I guess I'll have to wait and see if the rest of this series becomes unlimited.
Tania
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series. So much fun to read. Just the right amount of everything to make an entertaining story with lovable characters. Cannot wait to dig in to the next book
Katherine Murphy
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good cozy mystery.

The suspense continued through most of the story. The characters were believable and interesting. I enjoyed reading this to and would recommend to everyone.
Christine Hayes
Good read
Kim Draper
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In just two words, "Totally Amazing". Emerald and her family and friends will keep you up wanting to know how it ends. I love all of Yasmine Galenorn's books and this one is no exception.
Donna
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute cozy mystery
Janine
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy
I always enjoy a book by Ms. Galenorn. Her writing and characters are fun and perfect for a lazy afternoon!
Jeri Munoz
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good summer read. I enjoyed rhe story line.
Catherine Nightlinger
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun to read!

This is a fun and interesting story about the paranormal that will keep your interest to the very end. Well worth reading!
  • The Witch's Grave (Ophelia & Abby, #6)
  • Avenging Angels (Beaufort & Company, #3)
  • Where There's a Witch (A Bewitching Mystery, #5)
  • Larceny And Lace (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #2)
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • The Chick and the Dead (Pepper Martin, #2)
  • Ghouls Gone Wild (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #4)
  • You're the One That I Haunt (Nicki Styx, #3)
  • Laced with Magic (Sugar Maple, #2)
NOTE: I SELDOM visit Goodreads and do very little here. Please see my website for more information on my work: https://galenorn.com

New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today bestselling author Yasmine Galenorn writes urban fantasy and paranormal romance, and is the author of over sixty books & numerous series, including the Wild Hunt Series, the Fury Unbound Series, the Otherworld Serie

Chintz 'n China Mystery (6 books)
  • Ghost of a Chance (A Chintz 'N China Mystery, #1)
  • Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2)
  • A Harvest of Bones (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #4)
  • One Hex of a Wedding (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #5)
  • Holiday Spirits (Chintz 'n China Book 6)
“Mystic Moon Dreaming Pillows Sometimes, when we are in need of extra rest, or when we just want to reach a deeper sleep state, we can achieve this by the use of dreaming pillows—small sachet like pillows that we can tuck inside of our pillow cases. Depending on the herbs, the pillows can encourage vivid dreams, astral work, or restful sleep. This recipe is designed to help promote peaceful slumber, since so many of us don’t get enough time in bed in this fast-paced world. You will need: 2 seven-inch squares of sturdy, purple material—linen works well Gold thread and needle or sewing machine Cotton batting 1/2 cup each: dried lavender mugwort rose petals lemon balm chamomile valerian root 3 drops lavender essential oil 3 drops lemon essential oil 2 drops rosemary essential oil Small spike of quartz crystal Mix herbs together in a bowl, focusing on your desire to encourage deep slumber and to work with your Higher Self while asleep. Focus on the nature of dreams, how they can solve problems, and ask that this energy infuse the herbs and bring out their natural magical tendencies. Add drops of essential oil and mix again. Place quartz spike in the middle of the herbs and set aside (in a bottle with a lid if you are going to wait to finish this charm). Place cloth pieces together, wrong sides out, and sew to form a pouch (use a 3/8” seam allowance), leaving on side open. Iron seams open, then reverse so pouch is right side out. Fill halfway with cotton batting. Add herb mixture and crystal, then pack with rest of cotton batting. Sew the end shut. Place this inside your pillowcase at night and, before you go to bed, focus on some thought you’d like to explore in the dream-state, then go to sleep as usual. Write down your dreams when you wake up and eventually, you should see them responding to your requests. You can recharge this pillow by adding two drops each of lavender oil, lemon oil, and rosemary oil when the fragrance starts to fade. Remember: It is up to us to solve our own problems, but we can call on the power of our Higher Self when we need help, or when we seek more information on a subject. Eventually, through focus and determination, we can enter the Dream-Time and learn to hear our inner guidance when we’re awake, not just during our sleep.” 0 likes