Start by marking “Stalking Geraldine” as Want to Read:
Stalking Geraldine

Stalking Geraldine

Woman and Land Rover Missing?
A valuable Land Rover disappears - and with it, Sarah Oakes - the enigmatic woman behind the wheel. Freelance journalist Giles Jackson is given the assignment of a lifetime: fi nd the 42-year old Land Rover named Geraldine and purchase the vehicle in time for an exhibit at the Detroit Motor Show.
Tracking down Geraldine proves diffi cult. Afte
Published November 1st 2016 by Mw Books Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Stalking Geraldine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalking Geraldine

FDev
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great tale, with interesting characters and good adventure. The story unfolds and you find yourself drawn in to wanting to know what is going to happen next! I read every night until I had finished it, and then was sorry that it was over. I really liked the characters; I felt for them through their troubles and was impressed by how they carried themselves though the story. There is personal hardship, bravery, a good sense of adventure, strength, and spirit. Great people to spend time with ...more
Mary Burns
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stalking is a bit too menacing a description for the interesting search the narrator embarks upon, for a classic Land Rover and the woman who owns it, whose name is Sarah. It's the Land Rover that's called Geraldine. While I admit that I skimmed over the automotive details, I enjoyed the descriptions of the places the Land Rover got to and the gradual unfolding of Sarah's character, through the people she encountered before the narrator, Giles, tracks her to South Africa. I enjoyed the drawings ...more
Ronald Smith
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is not the normal type of book i would go for but the cover got me thinking and wanting to find out more, as a non driver it was not the car but the story behind it that got me page turning and winding the window down and going along for the ride, so for a easy fast paced ride put on your seat belt and let the wind blow in your hair just don't forget the sun cream
Rebecca R.
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everybody!
First off, I am not a land rover enthusiast - and I loved this book!

The hours I spent reading 'Stalking Geraldine' felt like an investment - I was learning something new AND being delightfully entertained at the very same time... not an easy accomplishment!

At the start of Chapter 18, the main character muses that he "was living a vicarious adventure."...and that is exactly how I felt as the story gently unfolded and invited me to experience a most remarkable journey! The author describes details
Chandler Gray
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I greatly enjoyed Ray Wood's debut novel. Although ostensibly about the search for a special Land Rover named Geraldine, the first of its series, the book is really a mystery/romance. The Land Rover is an important "character" in the book, but you don't need to be an LR enthusiast to enjoy the story. Well worth the read.
Shelley Wood
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love a good road-trip novel that ticks along at a fast pace, suggesting that a whiff of mystery and romance might be found around the next corner, or the next, this is a book for you. The author clearly knows Land Rovers and knows Africa, both their beauty and heartache.
Patricia Dyck
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was charming--a charming book of masculine adventure. I couldn't put it down. It was fun to read: a completely different style of book and of topic because who would usually read about land rovers and sex and adventure in a single story that sounded like a personal tale.
Daphne M Holden
Nic Bentley
Feb 25, 2017
Jenny
Feb 26, 2017
Ray Wood claims he is Welsh. He once explored the spine of Africa on a Vespa scooter. He published his debut short story when he was a first year apprentice in a steel works. He has taught mathematics and run a wilderness expedition outfit. A prolific inventor of marine and off-road equipment, he is a graduate of the University of Cape Town.

With his wife Robyn, he sails a 37 foot sloop and visits