Start by marking “Satisfaction (Taking Chances Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Satisfaction (Taking Chances Series, #2)

Satisfaction (Taking Chances #2)

Brix Johnson is the kind of guy a girl brings home to meet her parents.
The reserved intellect.
The handsome boy next door.
The wealthy yoga instructor.

He’s also the guy haunted by the mysterious woman who gave him the best sex of his life, yet refused to give him her name. With his bombshell no more than a memory, he does what any normal, sexually frustrated man would do ─
Published January 4th 2017 by Enchanted Publications

To ask other readers questions about Satisfaction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Satisfaction

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Satisfaction
Author – Jeanne McDonald
Series – Taking Chances
Publication Date – January 4, 2017
Genre – Contemporary Romance/Erotica
Rating – 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
When Ms. McDonald asked me to host this release tour along with reading and reviewing this series, I jumped on the chance. I had the pleasure of reading some of her other works and couldn’t wait to get my hands on this! Buttttt……I’
Beth Cranford
Dec 28, 2016 Beth Cranford rated it it was amazing
There was no need to speak. Magic hung in the air and we were forever bound by its spell.

Spellbinding. There's a good word—a word that describes Satisfaction to a T.

It's pretty simple, really. I read this book. I loved this book. I wanted more of this book. I want more of this series. I want more classy kink, more anonymous trysts, more chance to indulge in something that feels a little forbidden—and does it while being sexy, fun and touching. (Not the dirty touching, y'all. Minds out of the g
Kathy Rouchelle
Dec 30, 2016 Kathy Rouchelle rated it it was amazing
I really wish I had read the first book of this series because I was totally lost in here, but that is ok because I really enjoyed this book. The characters were very well written and likeable, well except maybe Junior for most of the book. The storyline was well written and a bit different in that the hot male lead is a few years younger that the smart hottie he is after. That was a nice twist. I loved these two characters so much. I loved seeing them fall for each other, and not just in a sexu ...more
Trina Smith-patterson
Giving Brix the love he deserves

I fell in love with Brix in Indulgence, and thought that he needed to find the woman of his dreams. I'm so happy that he did in this book. Aspen is the world wind that he needed for him to realize and act on what he can bring to a relationship. Some girls love the boy-next-door type, who can be sexy and hot at the same time. I know I do, and Brix is all that and more. I love being in the world of Indulgence again, catching up with old friends, and meeting new ones
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
The prologue starts off with a scene from book 1 and told by Brix's POV. Love seeing it from the other side. My heart was crushed when I learned it wasn't the continuing story of Addison and Sebastian, but that's ok cause Brix's story was just as good. The Plus is we got to see Addison and Sebastian throughout the book though since Brix not only attends the Indulgence party again this year, but him and Addison are friends.
Brix met the women of his dreams and he doesn't even know her name. Wow,
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Another hot, quick read that doesn't disappoint. Satisfaction by Jeanne McDonald is book 2 in Taking Chances series. The prologue retells a pivotal scene from book 1 from another's point of view, Brix the friendly yoga instructor. At first I was disappointed that Addison and Bass were not the lead players in book 2, however I was soon loving Brix and his bombshell. If you have read book 1, which you MUST read before Satisfaction, you will be happy to know that we do get to see how Addison and Ba ...more
Christine
Dec 31, 2016 Christine rated it it was amazing
Satisfaction by Jeanne Mcdonald is another amazing romp into the world of erotic sex parties and the world of sexual exploration. Brix Johnson, mild manured yoga guru & studio owner, has never felt comfortable and confidant with women but when a intriguing stranger offers a little fun while at a friends wedding he can't resist. Brix never gets this beautiful strangers name and for months searches for her with no luck. It's another New Years Eve and Brix finds himself at "Indulgence" again se ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 03, 2017 Bookgasms Book Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
Oooh…another visit to Indulgence…this time it’s Brix Johnson’s turn to indulge in the erotic masquerade. Swoon.

Brix has been haunted by an encounter he had with a woman who gave him the best sex he’s ever had—and that’s saying something after he attended the New Year’s Eve party at Indulgence last year. He sees black hair with purple streaks and hopes it’s the woman who got away, but he’s not found her after searching for months.

Planning to avoid the party this year, Brix is coerced into atten
J.R.
Jan 03, 2017 J.R. rated it it was amazing
Jeanne's story of Brix has all of my stars today.
Damn, woman.
This guy makes my heart bleed. For real. He has to be the sweetest, dorkiest, most enjoyable to watch, Sex Club attendee I've ever met. How freaking adorable (SORRY BRIX!) is this guy?
I simply loved the mysterious woman plot! He completely drives himself a little batty trying to find the intriguing tattooe'd love of his life kind of girl at his friend's wedding. And I was so smiely when he finally found her... NOT GONNA TELL YOU WHERE!
Mary Devereaux
Jan 08, 2017 Mary Devereaux rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, hot and sexy followup to Indulgence.

Brix and his Bombshell fire up the pages in this story about intense, soul shaking connections and learning to let go of inhibitions. The series is called "Taking Chances" for a reason. Brix takes a chance with a nameless woman, turning over his pleasure and his heart to her. In the end, the payoff is great.

An unconventional story, told from a mans POV, with a HEA that suits the characters and wraps up the story in a beautiful, red satin bow.
Amber
Dec 29, 2016 Amber rated it it was amazing
You MUST read Indulgence first. Otherwise you won't understand the characters, the storyline or the back story between all the characters.

I was so happy to hear Brix's story! He seemed like such a sweetheart and I felt horrible after what happened to him in Indulgence. I won't say what in case we have some people who don't want to read but find out what happens. I'm no enabler!

I was quite surprised with how Brix's story turned out as I was expecting him to wind up with someone else.

I can't wai
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jan 09, 2017 Read.Review.Repeat Blog rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved this book! I've been looking forward to this book once I heard that Jeanne McDonald was going to write another book after Indulgence. Hot and steamy is what this book definitely is; well-written and quick moving this story moves along at a fast pace.

Brix Johnson is just everything (sigh) ... He is handsome and caring. The chemistry he has with Aspen is everything I could hope for in real life. I look forward to what Author Jeanne McDonald publishes next.
~Natasha

Received an arc for a
Clayr Catherall
Dec 18, 2016 Clayr Catherall rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book was so hot and steamy. I so need to read Indulgence (Book1)
after reading this. Loved these characters and really enjoyed Brix's story.

Brix meets a mystery lady at a party, only to have her vanish without a trace.
He can't get her out of his mind and can't find out who she was...

When he's invited to Indulgence, he excepts thinking it will help get her out of his mind. Only to find her again when he least expects it..

Martyk
Dec 08, 2016 Martyk rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, naughty in a good way, adventure! Loved Brix!!
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
HOLY HOTNESS PEOPLE !!!! This book has it all. It is HOT. It is SENSUAL. It is STEAMY. It will also have you laughing aloud.

Jeanne McDonald took us back to Indulgence !!! Freaking Indulgence people!!! Get ready to flip those pages as fast as you can devour those smokin' pages!!

Satisfaction will leave you satisfied and in desperate need for more all at the same time. I was bouncing up and down with giddiness when I found out we would receive another installment of the Taking Chances Series!

A
Mytimeoutbookblog
Dec 15, 2016 Mytimeoutbookblog rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Carrie

This was a new author to me and it kept me turning page after page just to find out what was going to happen next.
Brix has always somewhat shy and is crushing on one of his yoga students, Addison.
Brix is shocked when he receives an invitation to Indulgence which is a yearly, invitation only, New Year’s Eve erotic masquerade party. When he sees Addison there heworks up the courage to go talk to her and ask her out. But Addison is involved with someone. Brix being one of those go
Teri
Feb 06, 2017 Teri rated it really liked it
OK I thought the first book was hot but this one takes hotness to a whole new level. Where Indulgence was the beginning of Addison's story it is merely the highlight for Brix. After dealing with the aftermath of directing Addison to follow her heart with Sebastian, Brix finds himself in a quandary. This is Brix's story of how his life was impacted and the waves of craziness, betrayal, lies, love and friendship that followed from that one night. Lots happens in the year following and when he gets ...more
Sassy Southern
Jan 04, 2017 Sassy Southern rated it it was amazing
After reading Indulgence I knew I had to read Satisfaction. I highly recommend reading Indulgence first but it is not necessary.
Brix Johnson is a yoga instructor and loves his job. He also has a crush on Addison George a client of his yoga class. After visiting Indulgence last New Years Eve and seeing Addison there he was excited to say the least. He let her go then and now he is back to see what happens this year. What he didn't expect to find was the woman of his desires and then one he can't
Ann
Dec 28, 2016 Ann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I volunteered to read an ARC to post a review for United Indie Book Blog - This was an excellent read with great flow and character development. This is the second book the A Taking Chances Series. It is a stand-a-lone book but obviously has overlapping of characters and circumstances from Book 1 Indulgence. This book is about Brix Johnson, handsome and nice guy yoga instructor and Aspen Church, sex blogger, reporter. They had a sexual connection in Book 1 that had a lasting impression for Brix. ...more
Lisa
Jan 03, 2017 Lisa rated it really liked it
Welcome back to Indulgence!! This time we get to experience it through Brix's eyes. Brix is reserved, quiet and struggles with getting women to notice him despite his hotness. Although, he was let down by Addison the year before, he has been convinced to come back after a hot experience at Addison's wedding with an unknown woman.

Indulgence gives Brix the confidence to be himself and do what he wants and step outside his comfort zone. One woman attracts his attention at the party...his mystery w
Melanie Moreland
Jan 05, 2017 Melanie Moreland rated it really liked it
Hot. Steamy. But with a difference. A shyer, not-quit-as-sure-of-himself lead, that endears himself to the reader. Lots of Indulgence references, so it does help to read the first book before tackling this one. Love revisiting some of the other characters, but so glad Brix got his own book, and his own HEA. Jeanne has some major hot scenes in this book, and she handles them with a deft hand. Fast paced, and enjoyable.
Great read.
Karie Gibson
Jan 01, 2017 Karie Gibson rated it really liked it
Brix is the sweet intellectual man that doesn't know how hot he is. He's not confident with women like he should be. One night of the hottest sex of his life with an anonymous woman ruins him. He spent months looking for her. He finally went back to Indulgence he finally finds her only for it to be ruined again. Get ready to meet the man every girl dreams of.
Felicia Eddy
Jan 08, 2017 Felicia Eddy rated it really liked it
Rating 4.5

I absolutely love Brix!!! First, my favorite type of POV is the male POV which this story is completely told from Brix's side. He is shy and insecure about who he is which I kind of found refreshing. He wants to be someone else and where else can he do that but at Indulgence and boy does he. His experience is filled with dominance and some surprises. He meets a dominate bombshell at a wedding that literally rocks his world and is searching for her and when he finds her again wow to say
Louise Roach
Dec 31, 2016 Louise Roach rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-read, series
We are back at Indulgence!! This book is hot, steamy and totally addictive!

This book is a standalone, but I would HIGHLY recommend you read book 1 first, as there is a fair bit of overlap, and to fully appreciate Brix's story and understand all of the characters involvement, it would be beneficial to read 'Indulgence' beforehand.

Having read the first book and I was super pleased that Brix was getting his own book. He really deserved it and Jeanne did not let us down with this story for him. Bri
Erin Lewis
Dec 11, 2016 Erin Lewis rated it really liked it
4 star review of Satisfaction (Taking Chances Series, #2) by Jeanne McDonald
This was a new author to me and although not a particularly long read I enjoyed it. I was intrigued when I read the premise of the story.
Brix has always had trouble communicating and talking to women as he is reserved, almost nerdy and somewhat shy. In fact he has secretly been crushing on one of his yoga students, Addison George.
He is shocked when an opportunity arises to attend Indulgence, a yearly, invitation only,
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Jan 07, 2017 Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life rated it really liked it
Brix Johnson is a man that hasn't always had luck with the ladies. Last New Year's Eve he came close to getting the girl of his dreams, but alas her heart already belonged to another. It was a kick in the gut, but he's manning up and moving on.

What he least expected was a chance encounter at his friend's wedding. This spunky, take charge spitfire turns his world upside down.... but in a good way. But after a tantalizing affair, she runs away without leaving her name or number to contact her.

Aft
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 07, 2017 Jennifer Pierson rated it really liked it
Brix Johnson is that perfect guy to bring home to your parents. He's a good guy who's a wealthy yoga instructor, but for whatever reason, he's over looked by the woman he believes he wants. So he becomes her friend, and while at another friend's wedding, he meets a mysterious woman, with who he has the best night of sex with, and after it's over, she won't tell him her name, then disappears. He can't seem to get that woman out of his mind, and yet, he can't find her either. He gets another invit ...more
Lynn Reynolds
Jan 04, 2017 Lynn Reynolds rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Brix Johnson needs a boost in the self-confidence department. The sad part is that he feels he has to create a persona in order for that to happen. He constantly suffers because he puts himself in the same space as a woman he lusts after. It’s nice to see he has a friend in Autumn and that she wants to see him happy. He wants her to be happy as well. You expect all males to be self-assured alphas but Brix reminds the reader that that’s not always the case.

The author could have left Brix trying t
Amber at WickedGoodReads
Jan 10, 2017 Amber at WickedGoodReads rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, blog-tour
Satisfaction is the second book in the Taking Chances series by Jeanne McDonald and from the way it read out, I will definitely be going back for the first book.
When I read the blurb I was pretty much instantly hooked, a shy, somewhat introverted man who has some really hot sexy times with a woman at a wedding who wont even tell him her name then leaves him... - normally my tastes run a little to the opposite end of the spectrum. I like my men to be a little more forceful, stronger.. a little m
Melissa King
Jan 06, 2017 Melissa King rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Satisfaction is the second book in the Taking Chance series by Jeanne McDonald. I would honestly say you need to read Indulgence first because one, you would be missing out on a well written, short & steamy read. Second, reason is because Satisfaction resumes six months after Indulgence continues with Brix's story in his point of view.

You'll remember Brix Johnson, the Yoga instructor from the first book Indulgence and in spite of his attraction to Addison George, he let's her go after the lo
« previous 1 3 next »
Bargain Basement: FLASH Giveaway!! 1 7 Dec 27, 2016 03:38PM
Jeanne McDonald enjoys writing contemporary fiction filled with spice, romance, drama, and humor. She prides herself in being a mother, a wife, a student of knowledge and of life, a coffee addict, a philosophy novice, a pop culture connoisseur, inspired by music, encouraged by words, and a believer in true love.

Jeanne is the founder of the author co-op, Enchanted Publications, and is an avid supp
More about Jeanne McDonald...

Taking Chances (2 books)