Start by marking “The Bad Boy Bargain (Suttonville Sentinels, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bad Boy Bargain (Suttonville Sentinels, #1)

The Bad Boy Bargain

(Suttonville Sentinels #1)

Baseball player Kyle Sawyer has many labels: bad boy, delinquent, ladies’ man, fearless outfielder... Only one of them is actually true. But then sweet ballet dancer Faith Gladwell asks him to help wreck her reputation, and everything goes sideways.

Faith knows a thing or two about love, and what she had with her cheating jerk of an ex wasn’t it. When he starts spreading
Published November 14th 2016 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about The Bad Boy Bargain, please sign up.
ShelfExpression They are seniors in high school so YA and depending on how you feel about teen sex (not that there is a lot but it is in there) it would be your…moreThey are seniors in high school so YA and depending on how you feel about teen sex (not that there is a lot but it is in there) it would be your discretion.(less)

Start your review of The Bad Boy Bargain (Suttonville Sentinels, #1)
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)

“Because this didn’t feel like just messing around. This felt too big for just a quick hookup.”

This was a sweet YA contemporary romance about a bad boy and a ballerina.

I really liked Faith and I felt really sorry for her having such a mean boyfriend. The way he treated her was totally unacceptable, and I was pleased when she dumped him. Kyle was also a sweetheart, although I still don’t
Beatrice Masaluñga
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, young-adult
Thank you Entangled Publishing for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Faith Gladwell is a sweet, kind girl and graceful ballerina who came from a wealthy family. She's disheartened when Cameron, her boyfriend cheated on her and started spreading rumors how uptight and cold she is. As her revenge, she made a deal with Kyle Sawyer to pretend as her boyfriend. With his bad boy reputation in school, surely it will piss off her ex-boyfriend. Days of spending time with him, it seems these
Stacee
I'm a sucker for the revenge/bargain plot line and this one sounded adorable.

I loved Faith and Kyle. They're both such good people and I really enjoyed being in their heads. I loved that she was obsessed with his arms and he was obsessed with her legs. Every time it was mentioned, I couldn't stop grinning. Oh, I have to say, Faith's BFF, Violet, stole every scene she was in and I would happily read her story. Bonus points for present and positive parents.

Sure, things were a bit predictable,
Cyndi
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. It is very well written and a fun read! Kyle and Faith are both great characters and very sweet together!
Rose
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY CUTER.

*melts*
Hristina
Update (March 9th 2017): I've been generous with the rating, so I'm changing it to 4 stars. As I'm reading the second book of the series, I gave part one a look-see (to jog my memory), and decided that the style seems a little rushed (much like part two).

Copy received through NetGalley in exchange for a fair review

Entangled Crush continuously delivers great YA romance reads. And The Bad Boy Bargain is my new favorite.
The chemistry set between the characters was amazing, it's what made the story
Michelle
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Bad Boy Bargain is a young adult contemporary standalone romance by author Kendra C. Highley. This book is chock full of cuteness. That is the best way to describe it. It is like a smile in a box. I thoroughly enjoyed The Bad Boy Bargain. Lately I have been finding myself gravitating more towards New Adult for my contemporary romances, and young adult for my fantasies. Oftentimes I am finding young adult
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I hate baseball, but books in which the hero is a baseball player (and more in the case of Kyle Sawyer) are awesome. I never thought I'd find a Kendra C. Highley hero I loved more than Ben Franklin from Finding Perfect, but wow...Kyle Sawyer really gave him a run for his money...and then some.

Kyle is the handsome bad boy, who may not be as bad as we initially thought, who is one of the star outfielders on the Suttonville High team, and an amazing
Monique V
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
4.5 stars. I AM A PUDDLE ON THE FLOOR. THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!!
Beatriz
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

"Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review" - Tks Netgalley

“The Bad Boy Bargain” by Kendra C. Highley tells the story of Faith and Kyle. Faith is the typical “good girl” who dates the most popular guy at school (even though they have nothing in common) and as they move forward in their relationship, she realizes that Cam (that’s the name of her boyfriend) is just a stupid boy who only wants to have sex with her.
So, she decides to break things up
Suze Lavender
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Faith's boyfriend Cameron is pressuring her and wants her to do things she isn't ready for, especially not with him. When he cheats on her she knows it was the right decision to hold out, but even after that Cameron isn't done hurting her. He tries to ruin Faith's reputation to save face. Faith needs someone to help her get out of this mess and the perfect solution presents itself when she finds Kyle in her backyard. Kyle is a landscape specialist and even though he's still in high school he ...more
Deniz
3.5 Stars
Initial Reaction:
great cute & fluffy!

Quite different from what I initially expected. The bad boy is totally swoon worthy but so not at all what I thought he would be like.
The sweet girl is ...sweet but not as sweet as even she would like to think

Review:
The Bad Boy Bargain basically starts with a twist. Because right off the reader gets insight to who the MCs really are.
The rest of the story is quite classic cute & fluffy. But never the less, extremely enjoyable.

This isn't the
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This was a cutesy YA/NA romance that uses the age old trope of a good girl and a bad boy, a high school revenge plot and a nice dose of sexual heat. It has a nice twist to it and it left me smiling.

When Faith's ex-boyfriend spreads rumors about her, after she caught him cheating on her, she thinks that the only way to save her pride is by showing him and everyone else that she wasn't the problem. And what better way than to have the resident bad boy of Suttonville High play the part of her
Morris
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reviews
“The Bad Boy Bargain” is a cute and easy read. It can be read in a sitting or two and won’t require a lot of effort on the part of the reader. I wish there were half stars, because I could give it a 3 1/2, but not a four. Good choice for those who enjoy light and fluffy romances.

This unbiased review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Susani
4-4.25 stars. Absolutely adorable clean YA romance! Biggest complaint - no epilogue with a look further into their future.

Thank you Cyndi for bringing this book to my attention!
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
I loved Finding Perfect by Kendra, so I was very excited to read another YA romance by her. I was not disappointed with this book! The Bad Boy Bargain was another sweet and fun romance that I enjoyed immensely. I think I can officially that Kendra knows how to make me swoon.

The main female character, Faith, was such a sweetheart. I really liked being inside her head and seeing how thoughtful she was. I was pleasantly surprised with how sassy she could be! I loved how her attitude would come
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 Stars

Kyle Sawyer could be the sweetest bad boy on record! This boy and book will steal your heart.

Faith, who was just dumped by her cheating boyfriend, is out for revenge! She’s searching for a way to get back at her ex and stop the horrible rumors and whispers about her. Her solution and shirtless, bad boy hero drops right into her lap—well her backyard actually. Kyle is hired to landscape Faith’s backyard, but she has another job in mind for him. *eyebrow waggle* The two forge a path of
Aneesa
Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review

OMGOMGOMGOGMGOMGOMGMOG!!!!! I freaking love this!!!! This is why I love chick lit they make me feel like I can fall in love with life and these stories are the epitome of life . With these kind of books they help me to get out of reading slumps and make me fall in love with reading again *sighs*

Kyle and Faith are both for made for each other it is so noticeable in the first meeting, why did it take them so long with realising their
Michelle Dare
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book pulled me in from the very first page and I read it one sitting.

Kyle Sawyer has the whole bad boy thing down. Guys stay away from him, girls try to get his attention. Most of all, he wants to be left alone. There are so many rumors flying around about him, it's hard to keep track of them all. What most don't know is that he loves landscaping. When he lands a new job fixing up a backyard, he doesn't expect to see a beautiful girl emerge with an offer he can't refuse.

Faith Gladwell has
Tandie
Meh. There were some cute parts, but everything felt contrived. Kyle was kind of a drama queen when it came to revealing the "truth" about himself. All his confessions were things a girl would love to hear.

"Well...I'm secretly Batman and I drive a...um...batmobile and live in a huge mansion. Also, I haven't actually slept with a bunch of older women. So, I totally understand if you don't want me anymore because my secrets are so abominable."

Really?
Siobhan Davis
This sweet, adorable romance ticked all the boxes for me. It was a quick, entertaining read that left me with so many good feels. I'll definitely be checking out more of this author's work in future.

Faith has been trying to work up the courage to finish with her bf of six months, Cameron, but she's a nice girl and she doesn't want to hurt his feelings. When the cat is out of the bag, Cameron shows no such concern for her when he runs off with another girl straightaway and then starts spreading
Moriah
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

**I received an eARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

There Kendra Highley goes, making a bigger fan out of me more than I already am. It’s no secret that I love, emphasis on the L-O-V-E, Ben Fisher Franklin from Finding Perfect. He’s dreamy and nerdy and all levels of “I want one!” This story felt as effortless as Faith on pointe, and I fell head-over-heels in love with this not-so-bad boy. Better watch out, Ben!

Faith Gladwell was
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 Delicious Stars.

Young Adult age-range: 14+ due to sexual situations (fade-to-black & kissing)

Entangled Crush books always put me in a good mood, and The Bad Boy Bargain most definitely lived up to its publisher. Nothing like an injection of feel-good innocence to make this pessimistic, grown woman believe in the warmth of budding young love.

The very first thing I want to address is the fact that I could feel how much
Luli
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars.

Pues no sé si es que hace mucho tiempo que no leo este género o si es que ya estoy mayor para él, pero esperaba algo bonito, tierno y con el drama típico de la adolescencia (¡qué edad más mala!) y sólo he encontrado el drama anteriormente dicho y demasiadas insinuaciones sobre sexo. Para ser sincera a veces se leía más como NA que YA, con todas esas referencias a bíceps, abdominales, torsos desnudos y pantalones muuuuuy bajos de cadera… * insert roll eye*

La descripción del libro no
Patrixia Lansangan
This was absolutely adorable. It was perfect for a valentine read....<3

I just love cutesy romance that warms your heart and that's exactly what this story was.

It was so adorable....and every moment is just so cuteeeee >.<

I really liked Kyle. He was so sweet and innocent despite his outside bad boy appearance. Guys like that are GOALS <3

Faith was so cute as well and I appreciate a girl who can flirt confidently and not act shy and shit. She was amazing.

The entire story played out so
Lenore Kosinski
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

4.5 stars -- I received a free copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

OMG, this one sucked me in so much at the beginning! I was reading and just grinning from ear to ear! Kyle is SOOOO my kind of book boy -- a beautiful beta boy!! AAHHHH!!! I honestly didn't know how his story was going to play out, but I really felt for him and all the background we got to see how his reputation was shaped, and why he let it happen.
Andrea
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Words that describes this book: Cute, Adorable, Fast-read, Twist and Cliche

So we have this "bad boy" and good girl romance, that's incredible sweet. It's a fast read with a little bit of a twist but still a cliche. I love to read this kind of stories in those days where I just need something light, nothing big with a complicated plot, nothing to extravagant.

Kyle our bad boy it's not so bad after all, he's the opposite. Faith is a good girl, that asks for Kyle's help after her ex-cheating
Melinda Howard
*This book was received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This was a good book with quite an original idea although the plot did seem to drag on a bit in places. The characters themselves were interesting and the idea that how people may perceive us is different to our true selves was quite accurate. This could indeed be a metaphor for most teenagers especially during high school when everyone is trying to get in with the 'cool kids' and avoid being picked on. Overall, this was an
Lynn
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute, YA romance. 4.5 stars.

Wow, this one took my by surprise. I was going through my to-read books and found the third of this series on there. Not wanting to start with the third I looked up the first. I was very reluctant because I don't like bad boy/good girl romances. In general I'm just not a fan of bad boys. I got a sample skeptically but willing to give it a chance and then downloaded the book immediately once the sample was through. This was the type of book I've been looking to read
Alexa
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had very low expectations going into this and unfortunately, it still fell short. The synopsis was also very misleading because I thought this was about a real bad boy and a good girl who purposefully ruins her reputation. I actually got nothing of that.
Maybe I would have liked the book a bit better had I known what it really was about. That's the reason why I gave a 2-star rating although my actual enjoyment was closer to a 1-star rating.

What bothered me most about this very short novel was
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Resisting the Rebel
  • The Boyfriend Bet (Boyfriend Chronicles, #2)
  • Blackmail Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1)
  • Daring the Bad Boy
  • All Laced Up (All Laced Up, #1)
  • Playing the Player
  • Boomerang Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #3)
  • Any Boy But You (North Pole, Minnesota, #1)
  • Center Ice (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #1)
  • Playing Defense (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #2)
  • The Rules of Persuasion (The Rules of Persuasion, #1)
  • Tied Up In You (All Laced Up, #2)
  • Mia and the Bad Boy (Backstage Pass #2)
  • The Dating Debate (Dating Dilemma, #1)
  • Incriminating Dating
  • Don't Kiss the Messenger (Edgelake High School, #1)
  • The First Kiss Hypothesis (The First Kiss Hypothesis #1)
Kendra C. Highley lives in north Texas with her husband and two children. She also serves as staff to four self-important and high-powered cats. This, according to the cats, is her most important job. She believes in everyday magic, extraordinary love stories, and the restorative powers of dark chocolate

Suttonville Sentinels (3 books)
  • Swinging At Love (Suttonville Sentinels, #2)
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Match  (Suttonville Sentinels, #3)