Start by marking “Lovesick” as Want to Read:

Lovesick

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  649 Ratings  ·  172 Reviews
I couldn’t do broken.

Broken is what he was.

Broken is what I will always be.

To his eyes, that held so much despair, I couldn’t look for long.

To his fist, that clenched so tightly, like he was locking away the sorrow.

To his lips, that never uttered a word, from the years of heartbreak.

And despite it all, I couldn’t stay away from him.

It was like he was drowning in an o
Paperback
Published (first published February 1st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Lovesick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovesick

Dilek VT
I have a lot of issues with this book. So so many issues! Don't get infatuated by its awesome cover, it is only the cover that is awesome about it.

Actually, it had such a good potential - two broken people trying to heal each other as the name of the book suggests - but it was poorly written and it was so out of focus that it went somewhere else rather than the path it promised.

I know I was meant to feel a lot of things in a book like that which involves a lot of different tragedies but I could
Olga therebelreader

***I’m going to keep this one spoiler-free***

This is the tale of vulnerable, passive characters pursuing their romantic goals of love under the frame of lovesickness.
This is a love tale of people suffering from repressed feelings, hurt, emotional exhaustion, grief and anger.
Lovesickness is a strange cocktail of misery and euphoria. And before you know it, you’re a confused mess who’s suffering from depression and a feeling of dark hopelessness. The main characters of this love story tr
Sanam
Feb 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god I stop this book at 60% and decided to read the end .
Most of the review are telling how great this book but I will serisouly think it is because they receive ARC .
Why ?
- There is no warning telling us it is a love triangle
- We think one of the character is the Hero because we have his POV but in reality it is someone else and we know it by 60%
- The heroine is victime of abuse , she can't stand to be touch but she acc
Becca
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

It’s only a week in this year, and I’ve already had my first crying session. Like big time. Yes, T.L. Smith did the thing almost no one can do: she stole my heart all over again.

description

This book was one of the ugliest cries. Ever. There are books make you cry, there are books touching your soul. And there is Lovesick. This book will mark your heart. And will never leave you again.
I really need something to ease this pain in my chest. But book never hurt so good. I don’t know if I could forget Kee’s sto
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS.

This was my first TL Smith so I went in blind. She totally threw me for a loop.

Sometimes, you have to hurt a fucking lot in order to get to where you belong.

I'm still dealing with my feelings. This was hard to take.

Full review to come :)

Booknerdingout Vela-Savage
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it

One heck of an emotional read. I don't want to give too much away so I'm going to keep this review short. Lovesick was intense and REAL and ah I cried. It was hard not to.

Keegan is a young woman who finds the courage to leave an abusive relationship. To take back her life and rebuild her broken spirit. And maybe along the way find love again. T.L.Smith did an incredible job creating a strong and beautiful heroine.
Jan
"Don't forget to breathe"

Emotional, I think I read Lovesick a little apprehensive of what was going to unfold, I was quickly pulled into the lives of Keegan, Khol and then Macca, three main characters that had magnetism each for different reasons.

Lovesick took me on two peoples journey of healing, love, friendships, heartache and heartwarming moments submerged in an intoxicating plot within a book I couldn't put down.

Lovesick is so different to previous books I've read by TL Smith and I absolu
Rachel
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't understand the point of this story...or at least the first part.

The author should've either kept with one or the other. Both didn't work for me.
Amanda
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS book. HOLY. F#*K. THIS BOOK!

*More review to come*
T.L. Smith
Feb 01, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Mojo_Mama
Skip this :(
Dead people everywhere.
Not my trope.
Emmbooks
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FUCK MY LIFE.

I'm a blubbering fool after finishing that one.

*Review to follow-Once my heart climbs up out of my belly
paigeanne23
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Keegan is the wife of an abusive husband. She wants to leave and finally does. She wants to be stronger, heal. She opens up a cafe with her sister. She feels better in time. Until the guys that own the club across the street come in to offer VIP tickets because Khol punched out their cafe wall. He's dark. He is haunted. He is broken. So why are they both so drawn to each other. Because they're both broken? Khol finds love in Keegan after a great loss. She's healing him, just as he is healing her ...more
H.J. Bellus
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Last night I stayed up late reading an arc. Lovesick by T.L. Smith was phenomenal. It made me feel things I didn't want to! I spent a good hour after I finished and simply just thought about it. Smith pulled me in with the blurb. It was a poetic story from there with her magical words. The whole picture was shattered, but in the end made sense to me.

Slow burn. Those two words explain my emotions while reading this raw love story. T.L. Smith left me lovesick. A refreshing read full of dark feelin
Ann
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Wow. Ok I finished this book in one sitting. This is my first book by this author. I had no idea what to expect going into this story and I'm so glad I went in blind as I think everyone should. This book was so good! It's so addictive and I couldn't put it down.
This is a story of life changing love. Soul mates, epic love and how love has the power to heal in all aspects of life. 5 star read for me!! I highly recommend this book. It was beautiful, real, raw and I'm still thinking about it.
Natalie Miernicki
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap on a cracker this book had everything!! I was moved to tears it was beautifully written... pain and heartbreak, fear and calm, love and hate this book had it all. The feels from this will stay with me for a very long time! I don't want to give the story away, it had so much... from the pain of losing 'the one' to the pain of trusting 'the wrong one'. Second chance love can heal your heart and soul so you're ready to accept 'the one' when he/she comes along.
Adierocky
Feb 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
I. FREAKIN. HATED. THIS . SHIT.!!!
Jen Jen
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovesick got my mind all foggy. Not because it wasn't good. No! Lovesick is a book that I literally couldn't put down. When I started it; I was so engrossed in this story of Khol and Keegan, that I was seriously hoping for a HEA. The back and forth from past to present, doesn't usually get me interested in a story, but in this book, it was needed. You learned so much about each of them.

They are both broken for different reasons. Keegam- because her husband abused her for many years until she lef
Tammy - After Dark Book Lovers - A Slice Of Fiction
T.L. told me that this was a second chance love story but with a twist and she was absolutely correct.

As we are transported through this story, we learn of loss, strength, healing, and love.

Loss.
Whether losing your sense of self or a loved or both it can be devastating. You do not want to carry on, you want to stay in limbo. To carry on is just simply unimaginable.

Strength.
When faced with dramatic pasts or horrible situations we gain strength , even if small, to overcome and learn and live.

He
Lisa Daniels
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I never cry while reading, maybe twice ever, but this book literally broke my heart. I willed myself not to break down. I just kept telling myself "It had to happen, though. It's the only way the story could possibly pull together into its true glory. The. Only. Way." I was internally screaming at TL at more than one point while reading LoveSick but, I loved every moment. My desire for the dark has me devoted to TL Smith's words and I crave more. NEED more! I'm addicted and can't wait to find ou ...more
Felicia Semmler
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What a book! This one threw me for a loop. I loved it. Keegan, Khol and Macca have a heartbreaking story that makes you feel.
Through it all Don't Forget to Breathe.
Priscilla Tbl
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Author kindly provided ARC for an honest review!!

I seriously don't know what to start with,safe to say that this book literally f*ucking messed up my emotions. From the very beginning I was pulled into this book,totally consumed.I always love a good broken story but this one was perfect until towards the ending it didn't really get to me,although it didn't work that way for me the way I expected it at the same time tells how good this author is,this book was a big table turned for me,never seen
Eve M
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FML... LOVE fucking hurts. Khol my heart hurt for him BUT Kee & Mecca blown away
Natalie
This book... It is filled with heartache, loss, love, abuse, more love, a lil more abuse and then the most amazing loves.

You always know that moment when your life is forever changed but do you truly know in which way it is going to change? Do you know whether it will be a good change or a bad one? Well Keegan is a woman that has all those in her life at some point or another and can never tell if he can move forward or move backward. Although she herself doesn't feel like she will even be norma
Konny
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovesick by T.L.Smith is a stand-alone contemporary romance novel. This book has a very hard fighted for HEA.
You will need lots of tissues!!!

Meet Keegan, badly beaten and almost killed by her husband. She lives her life as normal as it can be. She is co-owner of a café. There she meets Khol and his friends.
Khol. He has demons of his own. He is hung up on his late wife - the love of his life-and daughter.
First I couldnt understand why at all Khol cares for Keegan. Hes so dead inside, a broken she
Amber- Leave Me Alone 📖 I'm Reading
I liked this book. I kinda had an idea where it was headed but it's always a little hard to accept.... I would have liked to see the "incident" happen earlier in the book so we had more time after.... or have this be a 2-part series. I was happy with the final happily ever after, I just would like to have seen it build more instead of jumping into the epilogue right away. Still a great read though. This was my first TL Smith and definitely won't be the last!
Amo Thomson  Blogger
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the right kind can make you sick, with

Worry
Heartache
Hurt
Pleasure
Pain

Falling in love is amazing and at one time Keegan was happy and head over heels.
Then things started changing, clouding her thoughts & making her happy love, bad.

Khol
Broken a complete shell of a man, fighting & being shut off was his thing, until her.
Until she shown him how to breathe, but was it enough.....

But being lovesick isn't something that happens all the time,
that connection that power to being you
Kayla and Kristy- My Person's Books
Brilliant! Edgy and fast paced, this story will have you crying like a baby but hooked so fast you'll want to read it in one sitting.
Cristina | CristiinaReads
I was REALLY REALLY enjoying this story, crying and whipping my eyes out at how second chance love exists, but now... A love triangle? nope... sorry... I AM OUT!
Paula Genereau
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my. I loved this book. It was amazing. I was hooked from page one.
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L Smith can be found in almost any chocolate store, eating all the chocolate. She lives in Brisbane, Australia with her two kids and husband. Her favourite things to do is dancing, writing, reading and travelling the world. A lover for twisted words and things that make your heart pump you can find her on the following pages.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/auth