Start by marking “150 Years of STATS Canada!: A Guide to Canada's Greatest Country” as Want to Read:
150 Years of STATS Canada!: A Guide to Canada's Greatest Country

150 Years of STATS Canada!: A Guide to Canada's Greatest Country

Canada's funniest online sensation is back to celebrate the country's 150th anniversary--bigger, bolder, and only 10% reused material!
Want to know what the hottest new Canadian apps are? Need a handy chart to help you decide what Can-Con music to listen to? How about the top Google searches across the nation? In this handy guide to Canada, the tireless experts at @stats_c
Published June 6th 2017 by Penguin Books Canada

To ask other readers questions about 150 Years of STATS Canada!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 150 Years of STATS Canada!

Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
If you have followed Stats Canada on Twitter, and not the actual Stats Canada, the parody account, you will already have an idea of what this book is all about. There are some funny moments that poke fun at all things Canadian, and while I did find myself chuckling a few times, there were also a few groaners. As with any satirical work, there is a tendency to go a bit too far and I found that some of the jokes were a bit offensive.

At first glance, and from the synopsis we are given a taste of wh
Damaris Tonner
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
What a lovely book! I picked this book up expecting to walk away learning tons of cool facts about my great country, and what I got was a funny, laughable, enjoyable and lighthearted comedy routine on our great country! I highlighted lots of amazing one-liners from this book that I will be sharing and using again. This book makes such fun of being Canadian, and celebrates our 150th birthday in the most wonderful way possible - through laughter!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for giving
Derek
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic humor, clever and insightful descriptions, and just a damn fun read. Also, quite helpful for a fan of Canada that wants to learn more.
Noelle Walsh
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who's familiar with the Stats Canada parody account on Twitter will have a good idea about the kind of humour to be found in this book. If you like satire, then this book is one you can really enjoy, especially if you are a fan of the Twitter account @stats_canada.
Michelle Mallette
This timely title, in honour of Canada's celebration of the 150th anniversary of Confederation, comes from the brilliant satirical team behind the Canadian Twitter sensation @stats_canada. Their hilarious tweets have ill-informed thousands of followers for some five years now. In this book the four authors have out together a collection of unreliable facts that will make you laugh out loud, groan occasionally, and eventually bore everyone around you by reading entries aloud: “Just one more – lis ...more
Kristin
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a highly entertaining book that made me laugh out loud countless times! It's a very fun read and it really is a must for those wanting to celebrate Canada's 150 in a humorous way! The following is my favourite line which describes an awesome Canadian beverage:

"Sangria Twain: Enjoy a glass of seasonal frozen fruit in a sweet, earthly punch of orange, brandy and red wine. Sure to impress you much."
Susan
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book, eh?!
Vincent
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
A few mild chuckles, but mostly not that funny
InformationSuperhero
Apr 18, 2018
Stephy
Jul 25, 2017
Julia Davidovich
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marys Niesink