Start by marking “Her Christmas Cowboy (Copper Mountain Christmas #5; The Scott Brothers of Montana #5)” as Want to Read:

Her Christmas Cowboy

(Copper Mountain Christmas #5)

There's no place like Marietta, Montana for the holidays, and retired Marine Lane Scott has finally, reluctantly, returned home...

...only to run into a sweet and sexy woman from his past, Felicity Danvers, who is running away from her Christmas loving momma.

Lane can’t resist playing the hero and sweeping Felicity out of town. He vows he’ll do everything he can to make
Published October 31st 2016 by Tule Publishing (first published August 31st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Her Christmas Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Christmas Cowboy

Start your review of Her Christmas Cowboy (Copper Mountain Christmas #5; The Scott Brothers of Montana #5)
Carrie
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Lane Scott has returned to his hometown of Marietta, Montana just in time for the holidays but hasn't been feeling festive after he lost his legs in combat while serving in the Marines. Felicity Danvers has been hiding from her Christmas obsessed mother when she runs into Lane whom she'd had a huge crush on back in high school.

Lane had tried to ask Felicity out several times in high school but Felicity was so shy she could only say no out of fear. Now that the pair are adults Lane is still
Elaine
This is a lovely ex class mates to more romance based in the delightful town of Marietta, Montana as the festive season approaches. Lane Scott was a Marine who lost both his lower legs whilst on active duty. He’s returned home but feels unsettled, not totally because of his injuries but he’s not sure what he’s missing - until the girl that wouldn’t go out with him in High School, Felicity Danvers, literally runs into him. She actually really wanted to go out with him back then but was too shy ...more
Coco.V
Nov 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/4/2019)! ...more
Denise Stout
My favorite book in the series. Two lost souls. Christmas. Neither is looking for love, but each needs someone to love. Sparks fly. Love wins.
Betty Peuser
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas cowboy

Story really free me in! Handicap veteran and confused woman find everything they need in each other. Great for all ages.
Monique
Review written: February 14, 2017
Star Rating:
Heat Rating:

An Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review.

Sweet and timely, Her Christmas Cowboy features Lane Scott, double amputee and Marine and Felicity Danvers who I simply don't remember showing up before. I've read the other Scott Brothers books but had to go back and do some checking to help me remember who was who.

I like Lane, though like with other veterans in Marietta, he seems to
Margaret Sholders
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Tule Publishing and their authors. My first author was a book from Katherine. I look for every one to read. This is another good story line. Lane is a Marine who has come home from recovering from his accident stepping on a bomb. Felicity is a teacher and recovering from breaking up. They meet bumping together and falling down. He had fallen for her High School. Felicity is too shy to be with him then. He has last both legs below the knee. I have read a lot of military stories but never ...more
Ann Lutz
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Story HUGE Inconsistency

This was a great story, I was glad to read about Lanes' background. The BIG problem in this story is that as per the previous books in the series, Lane is NOT a double amputee, he lost the bottom half of his left leg. It annoyed me through the whole novel, thus 4-stars.
Eileen
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Her Christmas Cowboy by Katherine Garbera, book five in the Scott Brothers series. Finally, Lane Scott gets his story. Lane is a double amputee after stepping on an IED while overseas with the Marines. He has adjusted to leading as normal of a life as he possibly could, but is tired of being called a hero. He sees it as just doing his job. One day he literally runs into Felicity Danvers, a former high school classmate, who was avoiding her Christmas loving momma. Felicity, now a ...more
Paula
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Scott Brothers of Montana is by far my favorite series by Katherine Garbera. Her Christmas Cowboy (Book 5) only reaffirmed that. It is a bittersweet story of life after tragic injuries sustained in Afghanistan. It is a gentle reminder of the true heroes in this country. Retired Marine Lane Scott fits that title to a T, even though he doesn’t see that. It is not for doing his job as a Marine but for the grace, determination and lack of self-pity in which he now lives his new life to the ...more
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I really loved Lane Scott, he is a retired marine, who is adjusting back to life as a double amputee. He won't let his disability get him down but since the injuries, he hasn't really had much to do with women, and that all changes the day that Felicity Danvers runs into him in town.

They knew each other at school, but never dated, but suddenly they are aware of some chemistry between the, as they try to decipher their feelings for each other.

I found Lane really easy to get to know and
Janine
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
An emotional story that I had a hard time putting down.

Felicity Danvers had a huge crush on Lane Scott when they were in school together. But she was shy and afraid she wouldn’t be good enough for him, so she steered clear of him. When Lane returned to Marietta after a life altering injury in Afghanistan, he was a different man. He had lost both of his legs after stepping on and IED. Though he accepted his life as it was, he still felt something was missing. When Lane meets up with Felicity
Gail
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story. The heroine has never left her hometown, even though she doesn't feel like she fits in. She has some real self-esteem issues, because her mom craves perfection, especially a perfect Christmas experience, and for other reasons. Mom isn't pushy, piling expectations on her daughters, but they feel it anyway. The hero is a returning veteran who lost both legs in the war. The heroine sees him as a hero and herself as nothing much, which actually makes it hard for the hero to get to know ...more
Hanna
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
An excellent book, spoiled for me

Mediocre editing and product placement ruined this otherwise fine book for me. The frequent use of the construction "well I . .," instead of "well, I ..." irritated me, as did the many sentence fragments. That should have been attached to the previous sentence with a comma. Instead of separates by a period. As I just demonstrated three times. Also, in my writing classes I was taught to avoid product trade names. This author appeared to go out of her way to
Becky Burciaga
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully inspiring Christmas story set in a quaint Montana town I wish I could live in. The characters have real personalities, with depth of character, and all their quirks. Felicity and Lane are truly inspiring, with their emotional flaws, and him with his physical challenges, but overcoming them together is what gives the story its warmth.

This is the fifth book in the Scott Brothers series, but the first I've read...now with my appetite for the this town and these people whet, I find
Michelle
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Felicity had always had a crush on Lane in school but was too shy to do anything. Now Lane is home from Afghanistan injured, Felicity tried to make herself feel something, but the magic of Christmas just wasn’t ...here this year. Felicity stumbled on some patch of ice she was starting to fall, someone grabbed her arm and they fell over. She was looking up into a pair of eyes as dark as night. She knew those eyes. Lane Scott a retired marine. This is the very basic beginning to a very romantic ...more
Cullen
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Felicity and Lane

They have known each other since school. He had asked her out once but she turned him down flat. He had entered the service and she had become a teacher. He had been injured by an IED in Afghanistan at first they weren't sure if he would make but after much therapy he seemed to have his life together but he knew something was missing but wasn't sure what until he fell trying to help a beautiful young lady. Felicity last boy friend convened her that she wasn't good at anything.
Christine
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this honest and beautifully written story. I found it hit a chord with me. To trust again in yourself and in another is scary and so worth it when it works out. Felicity is getting by with her life and the upcoming holiday hoopla when she runs into Lane, literally. Lane has good days and bad days with his injury and is in limbo at what to do next, when he gets knocked over. As these two come together they will learn about each other and themselves. Great addition to the series.

I
Minga Dotson
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wounded warrior home to recuperate takes a chance at the girl he has always wanted.

Felicity had recently broken it off with a guy who had left her doubting herself to the max, but she always thought Lane Scott was way out of her league, and had loved him from afar. When the chance to date him came along it was hard to decide to go for it, even though he had always been the man she wanted.
Jenn
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story line

2.5 that I rounded up to 3. I enjoyed the storyline of this story. I enjoyed getting to know he characters but I felt like their personal issues were just merely glossed over and not developed enough...especially for her. Lane’s story is better developed than hers but they just lack the build up. Also, there are some editing errors that had me re-reading sentences here and there to try and make sense of what was actually supposed to be said.
Catherine Geist
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Story

This was a great story & we written. It gave you an idea what our wounded warriors go through with rehab. It takes a great person to go through that & still be loving & caring for others feelings.Felicity & Lane did this & kept your interest through the entire book.Highly recommend.
Jayne
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book has a nice idea, but it’s not for me. Lane and Felicity had hidden depths that didn’t really get to flesh them out fully, so we didn’t get too much depth in their characters.

I’m happy about the HEA and the Christmas feels, but I think the writing was just too sweet for my tastes.
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Her Christmas Cowboy (The Scott Brothers of Montana Book 5)

The love story of Lane and Felicity. Felicity has been in love with Lane for a long time. Now she has a chance for love. Can Felicity and Lane find love? Great story.
Margarette Dibble
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5+ Star's

I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys stories that are laugh out loud funny, steamy, and oh so romantic, with strong characters both male and female, and a happily ever after.
Pia Kroyer
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the Scott Brothers Series

All the brothers had different personalities but they also had things in common like appreciating and valuing family. Lane's story was the best for me because it showcased the enduring spirit of our brave men and women who serve.
Shirley Rybnikar
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was one of the best books I have read. Truly inspirational.

Reccommend to all my friends. Truly inspiring a d a wonderful love story. Read all Scott Brothers of Montana. Fantastic.
Mary Silvestri
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

What a great Christmas story! And a story about a wounded warrior. Lane is a double amputee and Felicity has a lot of her own problems. The story is handled with so much truth and grace it was so wonderful and touching to read. High recommended.
Michelle
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, kindle, all-books
I enjoyed the story at first until Felicity kept going on and on about her insecurities. She got really annoying really fast. She needs to go for a few rounds with a therapist and get over her issues.
Francesca
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I so wanted to read Lane story and I was not disappointed.
Becki
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
This story was so short I didn’t feel like I connected with anyone. Felicity’s insecurities were hounded to death and at times I found the story dragging. I enjoyed the happy ending though.

• Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights (Marshall Ranch, #3)
  • Doctor for Christmas (Marietta Medical, #3)
  • A Mistletoe Kiss
  • A Small Town Christmas (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #1)
  • Montana Mistletoe (The Wildes of Birch Bay, #4.5)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
  • Luke's Gift (The Harlow Brothers #2)
  • A Hummingbird Christmas (Glacier Creek, #1)
  • Cowboys Don't Stay (Code of the West #3; Tanner Brothers #3)
  • The Christmas Challenge (The Wilder Brothers #3)
  • Finding Christmas (Holly Point, NY, #2)
  • Bundle of Love (Long Valley, #4)
  • Falling for the Firefighter (The Summer Sisters, #5)
  • Miracle on Chance Avenue (Love on Chance Avenue #2)
  • Their Christmas Miracle (Charity, Montana #2)
  • Fall Fast (SEALs Undone, #5)
  • Christmas in Silver Bell Falls (Silver Bell Falls, #1)
Katherine Garbera is the USA Today best-selling author of more than 90 books. A Florida native who grew up to travel the globe, Katherine makes her home in the Midlands of the UK with her husband, two children and a very spoiled miniature Dachshund.

Her upcoming release is Craving His Best Friend's Ex from Harlequin books, August 2018.

Join Katherine on Facebook:

Copper Mountain Christmas (5 books)
  • A Cowboy For Christmas (Copper Mountain Christmas #1, The Scott Brothers of Montana #1)
  • Home For Christmas (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #1; Copper Mountain Christmas #2)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #2; Copper Mountain Christmas #3)
  • Christmas at Copper Mountain (Taming of the Sheenans #1, Copper Mountain Christmas #4)