Start by marking “Dirty Secret” as Want to Read:

Agent: Kennedy Barnes
Target: Phoenix Ash
Crimes: Computer Hacker, Money Launderer, Heartbreaker
Mission: Get close and survive

After living her life in the shadows as the daughter of a congressman’s secret affair , Kennedy Barnes joins ‘Project Greenlight’ - a clandestine intelligence organization. She’s out to prove she’s more than her father’s dirty secret.

One of her first
Paperback
Published January 17th 2017 by HEA Inc.

Karen Mc ~ *Bookalicious Babes Blog*

You’re the predator right up until you’re the prey.

Sometimes you’re the predator. Sometimes you’re the prey. I was the prey to a blazing and brilliant book that grabbed me and never let go. I was the prey to Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert’s latest captivating collaboration. I was the prey to the delicious Dirty Secret. Alluring and adrenaline-charged, Dirty Secret is a roller coaster rush of a romance meets spy novel that burns the body, penetrates with passion, and leaves you melting for more.
Shayna
The bar was set pretty high when these two authors released DIRTY WORK. I absolutely LOVED Jude and Reagan's story! So when I finished DIRTY SECRET, sufficed to say that I was a tad bit let down because I didn't feel the same strong and passionate connection between Ash and Kennedy as I did with the previous two characters. That's not to say I didn't enjoy their story. Believe me, it was SEXY as hell, but the storyline went a little quick for me and I didn't feel the chemistry burn as bright as ...more
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
Jan 13, 2017 JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

I really enjoyed this book's predecessor so I couldn’t wait to dive in to read about Reagan’s half-sister, Kennedy Barnes, and her “black ops” lifestyle.

There is something so rewarding when reading about empowered women and Kennedy's role in this book as an undercover Agent targeting arms dealers is really enjoyable. Kennedy is sexy, strong, determined and stunningly beautiful, all of which make her an extremely deadly weapon in the field, especially where men are concerned. One such unsuspecti
Patti Correa
Jan 16, 2017 Patti Correa rated it it was amazing
HOLY Freaking AWESOMENESS!! Chelle and Brenda are an AMAZING Team. I could not put this down, and cried a little when I got to the last page. Full of twists and turns and lots of hot scenes to steam up your glasses! I cuddled up with a nice glass of Jack and a warm blanket, but was quickly throwing it off. I cannot write more for fear of giving it all away. JUST READ THIS BOOK!!! <3 <3 <3
Amber
Jan 13, 2017 Amber rated it it was amazing
Dirty Secret is an epically mind-blowing and emotionally intense nuclear bomb just waiting to go off! There is nothing more dangerous than holding such world shattering device in your hand. When you don’t know how to disarm it and stop it from exploding, the panic and tension will sear through to your very soul. Nothing is more deadly and yet nothing is more capable of making you hyper-focused on what matters the most then a weapon of mass destruction. One wrong move or one wrong combination wil ...more
Erica
Kennedy Barnes is an agent for Greenlight, a highly secretive organization that no one knows she works for except the person who recommended her for the job.
Having grown up in hiding so her politician father's extracurricular activities wouldn't be exposed she's used to staying in the dark, to hiding who she is and how she feels from others making her the perfect agent.
Phoenix Nash is a world renowned hacker. He's a hacker with morals, never taking any job that goes against his beliefs. He's a s
The BookChick
For quite a while I have been in a reading slump because of the "sameness" of many of the books I've been reading. I am a fan of Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert individually but teamed up they created one amazing powerhouse of a story. Dirty Secret was a sexy and intriguing story of cat and mouse. One of the elements I enjoyed so much was the ever shifting role reversal of who was the cat and who was the mouse. At one point in the story Kennedy had the upper hand in the relationship with Nix but ...more
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
Agent Down

***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review***

Once again the dynamic duo is back with another sizzling tale this time its set in the spy network. Kennedy is the newest field agent for Project Greenlight a clandestine intelligence organization. Her target is the delicious Phoenix "Nix" Ash, hacker extraordinaire. From there first meeting the flames burned between the pair. It was sort of like a cat and mouse game and you're constantly wondering who's going to come out on top. Kenne
Siobhan Davis
Jan 08, 2017 Siobhan Davis rated it it was amazing
Hot chemistry and edge-of-the-seat suspense combine to deliver an addictive read that I devoured in record time. I couldn't put this one down until I finished it!

Brenda Rothert is one of my favorite authors but I've yet to read any of Chelle Bliss's books - must rectify that soon if this novel is any indication of her writing style. I absolutely loved Dirty Secret from the first tantalizing page until the last. This was my kind of perfect read - chock full of steamy romance, pulse-pounding intri
Lisa
Jan 17, 2017 Lisa rated it really liked it
I have been itching to get my hands on Dirty Secret ever since it was announced, because I absolutely LOVED it's predecessor, Dirty Work.

Kennedy Barnes is working intel in an underground crime ring, and when she catches the eye of super hacker extraordinaire Phoenix Ash, her mission shifts. It's simple - gain Nix's trust and get any intel possible to help bring him down.

Phoenix Ash, like any criminal mastermind, has secrets that he holds close to the vest. While he may let Kennedy in his bed, h
Lorie Glowania
Jan 17, 2017 Lorie Glowania rated it it was amazing
The teaming of these two authors is terrific. Kennedy is a daughter of a senator who is OPS. She assigned to go after one of the worlds best cyber crime lords Phoenix. She develops a strong relationship with him and learns valuable information along the way. The problem she finds herself attracted to him. Now what. Can she do her job effectively and is there more to the story then meets the eye. The chemistry and strong story is amazing and left me wanting more.
Kitty_20023
Jan 18, 2017 Kitty_20023 rated it really liked it
Title: Dirty Secret
Author: Chelle Bliss & Brenda Rothert

4 unexpected stars

Well, this is one way of bringing politics in the limelight in such a way that you'll stand up straight and pay attention. How many have taken a look at what the government has become and wished they could do something about it to change things for one and all. That's exactly what Jude has done. The retired veteran needed change and figured that the only way to do so was to run against Senate candidate Raegan, who t
Krissy's Book Nook
Jan 16, 2017 Krissy's Book Nook rated it really liked it

Dirty Secret seduced mewith it's exciting story line that includes espionage, steamy romance, and thrilling mystery.

Our heroine for this read is Kennedy; a young woman working in a CIA-type intelligenceagency called Greenlight. (She's also the illegitimate half sister of Reagan Preston who you may remember from the previous book, Dirty Work.) Kennedy is thriving in her career as a spy but leading a double lifeis beginning to wear her down.

Nix is a computer-hacking bad guy that can't seem to
Renita McKinney
Jan 17, 2017 Renita McKinney rated it it was amazing

Did you ever have a best friend? That person that could finish your sentences, knew what you were thinking before you did? That one that could pick up where you left off and never miss a beat? The one that you could and would trust with your deepest and darkest desires.

The collaboration of Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert is like two best friends that know all each other’s “dirty secrets.” They pick up where the other left off and never miss a beat. They seem to know what the other is thinking an
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

3.5

Favorite Quotes:

She smiles widely. ‘I’m going to be a kickass Ginger,’ she says, referencing the character Stone plays in Casino, but she doesn’t realize she’s closer to the Ginger from Gilligan’s Island. There wasn’t a badass bone in Coco’s body.

A bottle of beer can be swilled in under a minute. Most women are beer. But you… you’re like the finest Cognac I’ve ever tasted. I plan to sip very slowly.

You’ve always taught me that women have all the power, and it’s true. Men will do or
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchang for an honest review

Dirty Work was the first book that I have read by Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert and they did a phenomenal job spicing up politics and had us panting for the different parties to get in bed together. So how could I resist delving into their new work Dirty Secret? This time Chelle And Brenda, give us an enticing spy Kennedy with her many sexy disguises and a down and dirty hacker Nix. I couldn't help but feel immediately drawn into their seedy, c
CandaceReads
Jan 13, 2017 CandaceReads rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
For more reviews and bookish fun, visit www.candacereads.com

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*

My Review in a Nutshell:

Dirty Secret is not your typical contemporary romance, filled with an emotional and deep-level connection between characters, with a plot-line that pulls at your heartstrings. Rather, the romance was lust-filled with a high-stakes thrilling plot. Different from its predecessor, but entertaining nonetheless.

What’s it all about?

Kennedy has lived as her congressman f
Kerry Fletcher
Jan 17, 2017 Kerry Fletcher rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! That sounds like i was surprised by that. I'm not i actually love Chelle Bliss but i had been in a bit of a book hangover and wasn't getting into much at all. This changed it.

This is the story Kennedy and Nix.

Kennedy is a new undercover operative for an intelligence agency. She's determined to do the job to the best of her ability. She's sent undercover into a seedy underground bar. She has a mark she's trying to get info from and during her encounters she meets Nix.
Michelle
Jan 02, 2017 Michelle rated it really liked it
Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert pair up again to bring us Dirty Secret. Although Dirty Secret is a standalone, for those who read Dirty Work you’ll recall our heroine as Reagan’s half-sister.

In Dirty Secret, Kennedy has accepted being a part of Project Greenlight, a highly secret, intelligence organization. Deep under cover, gaining information on the worst of the worst, Kennedy stumbles upon a second mark while working her first.

Nix has made a lot of money in a very illegally way. Hacking his
Nina
Jan 18, 2017 Nina rated it it was amazing
Addictively sexy and suspenseful read!

Nix has to be my new favorite name when it comes to book boyfriends. Nix… It sounds … I can’t even describe it … mysterious maybe? And just speaks to me. Just reading that name had made me swoon. That’s a novelty for me. Hadn’t happened to me before. Nope. Not ever. But also apart from that name is Nix totally swoon-worthy. And there’s so much more to him than the hacker extraordinaire, than he lets 99 % of the people see. He’s most definitely hot, incredibl
BethyMac
Jan 11, 2017 BethyMac rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-read-2017, arc-s
I am a huge lover of Brenda Rothert's work and have been for some time so I must say I was interested in checking out this collaboration she did with Chelle Bliss and I have read some of her work and enjoyed it as well. This type of storyline with spies and bad guys is not my normal storyline that I tend to read and enjoy but must say that I did enjoy this one.

Dirty Secret is a great secret spy / bad guy romance. Kennedy is the illegitimate daughter of a former US senator but the one constant m
Erin Lewis
Jan 11, 2017 Erin Lewis rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Dirty Work by Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert

Where do I start? This is the second collaboration between Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert and I loved this story. Dirty Secret has it all, intrigue, mystery, danger, smoking hot scenes and romance.

Kennedy Barnes is determined to make a name for herself in the intelligence community and sees this assignment as her big break; no longer content to be her father's Dirty Secret. What happens when Kennedy is assigned to get close to Phoenix
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 16, 2017 Nerdy Dirty & Flirty rated it it was amazing
description

"There isn't a single person in my life that knows all of me. Everyone has pieces and parts, but nobody gets the full picture."

Sexy, intriguing and actually a real fun read.

I did not read the book that came before this one and while I want to go back and read it now because I liked those characters, it is not necessary to have read it prior to this one. You get the full picture of what is going on and enough information about what happened to feel like you are not missing anything.

In this boo
Ashley Jasper
Jan 17, 2017 Ashley Jasper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this writing duo did it again! I flew through Dirty Secret and when I had to put it down to actually work, I didn't want to. It was devious and delightfully dirty. Even when I was more than halfway through I still had absolutely no idea what was happening or where the next page would take me- and I think that was my favorite thing.

I lied, Nix was my favorite thing about this book! Whew that man- he was a giant walking contradiction. Mysterious and sexy but also dangerous and protective. A c
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane Book Blog)
When you don't know what to expect but find yourself completely enthralled, that's Dirty Secret! The story is a steamy, suspense-filled enemy to lovers romance. The characters are kick-ass. They both have secret lives that collide in this intense, filthy spy novel.

Kennedy Barnes is the illegitimate daughter of a disgraced former senator. She's become a field agent for Greenlight, a black ops intelligence agency. One of her first missions is to track down Phoenix Ash a black hat hacker.

Phoenix 'N
Hooker Heels Book Blog
Jan 08, 2017 Hooker Heels Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Kennedy Barnes' life has always been based on secrets. Until Project Greenlight, she was known as nothing more than the illegitimate daughter of a disgraced senator. Determined to rid the world of filth and trash and carry on her uncle’s legacy, this is her chance to shine. Submerging herself in the belly of underground criminalization, she is determined to rid the world of illegal acts carried out by some of the world’s most corrupt human beings.

Phoenix Ash is known as a legend in the world of
MJ
Jan 10, 2017 MJ rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017-books
Dirty Secret is another wonderful collaboration between Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert. This time around, we get Kennedy Preston's story, the half-sister of Reagan from Dirty Work. Kennedy is a young badass, working for a secret intelligence agency who makes the common mistake of falling for her mark. And even though Phoenix Ash didn't start out as her target, there was no way she'd ignore both his smoldering persona nor his intense computer skills and what he seemingly did for a living.

Oh thes
Karen Hulseman
Hold on to your panties readers - there is a ghost in your machine willing to steal them and his name is Phoenix. HOLY COLD SHOWER! Okay really what is equally important is duo Chenda Rothiss offer you a suspense/thriller/romance page turner that make you forget others who may be in the house with you and need to be feed.

The story has you guessing who is really a good bad guy or a bad good guy. Not everything is clear to the reader or Kennedy on who she should trust. I thought I had it figured
Beverly  Southern Babes Book Blog Thompson
An undercover ops agent and a world class high powered hacker..... What dirty secrets could the possibly have?

Kennedy is an undercover agent. She's trying to get intel on some dangerous people. She will do whatever it takes to get the information she needs. Even if she has to deal with sleazy men who want control over everything. Shes great at her job. She loves the excitement, the rush, and getting to save people's lives. Until one man steps into her life. An he might be the game changer.

Phoe
T.A. McKay
Jan 05, 2017 T.A. McKay rated it it was amazing
Every time I read one of Chelle's books I try to come up with something deep and meaningful to say...and I always fail!
This second collaboration with Brenda Rothert is just perfection in words. Some authors tell a story and they are really good at it, these two deliver a story so well written that its like you are watching the real time visuals in your head. I lived this story with both these characters, feeling everything that they did...and swearing a little at them because they frustrated th
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Chelle Bliss, USA Today Bestselling author, currently lives in a small town near the Gulf of Mexico. She's a full-time writer, time-waster extraordinaire, social media addict, and coffee fiend. She's written over thirteen books and has three series available. She loves spending her free time with her boyfriend, 2 cats, and her hamster.
Get TEXT alerts - Text BLISS to 24587 to join

~MEN OF INKED Seri
More about Chelle Bliss...