Start by marking “Retribution Ridge” as Want to Read:

Retribution Ridge

A small hiking group in the wilderness – with bloody revenge for company

Milly has barely spoken to her sister Judith in years. They hardly exchanged a word at their mother’s funeral. They could not be further apart.

So when Milly gets an invitation to go on a hiking trip, she hopes it will be an opportunity for reconciliation. Inviting her school-friend Harper along w
Published October 29th 2016 by THE BOOK FOLKS Australian horror thriller and suspense publishers

To ask other readers questions about Retribution Ridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Retribution Ridge

Start your review of Retribution Ridge
Marie
This was a very intense and in depth book of two sisters and a friend going hiking in the back woods of South Western Australia.

The sisters haven't spoken to each other in years, because of an tragic incident that had happened to them when they were younger. Milly's friend Harper invites her on the hiking trip letting her know that they will be meeting up with Milly's sister, Judith.

Judith invites a man along, Lucas, to help them get through the back wood country. When Milly and Harper finally
Vicki
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-thriller
This thriller is exactly that, thrilling. with mysterious watchers, chasers and histories, there is a lot going on in this hectic race through the woods. These sisters have ten years of bad feelings, hurts and secrets that keep them from connecting. It is not as it seems and the story weaves a tapestry so tightly you are caught up in it trying along with the sisters to see what exactly is going on.

Anna Willett has a skillful way of making you feel you are on the run with these women. There is s
Sharah McConville
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So thrilling!!
Diane Dickson
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This books grabs you from the very start and then for the rest of the read the tension, drama and action are unrelenting and chilling. The threads of the story are woven together like a fine fabric and the twists are clever.

I haven't read much set in Australia and I really did enjoy the location descriptions which were very well drawn. The main female characters were believable and brave and human and the baddies were very bad indeed. It is brutal at times, in fact very brutal now and then but
Bandit
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Third read by the author, her books just tend to show up as Kindle freebies and exceed all (admittedly low, but still) Kindle freebies expectations, so why not. These stories are Australia set for a fun change of pace and are always pretty thrilling thrillers, with elements of mystery and suspense featured in various quantities. Usually pretty straight forward stories, this one certainly was. Two sisters, estranged by a past tragedy, attempt a reunion ten years later, following the death of thei ...more
Wiseask
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Retribution Ridge is a book written by a woman, about women, and frankly, for women. It’s subtitled by the author as “a dark, gripping and intense suspense thriller,” but it reads more like a novelization of a made-for-Lifetime movie with the same recurrent themes: emotionally fragile women in a geographically remote area are in peril as they are stalked by no less than two killers (males, naturally).

Is there a dark secret in their past? Is the Pope a Catholic?

In this version of the formula, two
Maia Gomez
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow - Anna has done it again! She's quickly becoming my favorite thriller author! This dark and intense thriller take you to the outback of the Australian wilderness with two sisters who are trying to reconcile after years of not speaking to each other. Haunted by a tragic accident from their teens, boundaries are pushed and deeply buried secrets are revealed through flashbacks to the accident that took a friend's life. Little do they know, the past is dogging their steps through the wilderne ...more
Erik Empson
If Backwoods Ripper had you chewing your knuckles in suspense, Retribution Ridge certainly will not disappoint. But the tension has a deeper psychological twist in Anna Willett's later book, which has the reader sharing in the entrenched distrust that exists between the two sisters at the centre of this story. This is a book that taps into our own fears of past wrongs, which delivers an exciting, pacey read with the kind of eerieness and impending threat about it that will have you reading long ...more
Derith Rolfe
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark deeds and darker actions

This is literally edgeof the seat stuff. At the core of this is sibling rivalry. ' Sisters, sisters, never were there such devoted sisters. ' unfortunately I never had one. After reading this, I don't want one.
Trudy
I've read Anna Willett before and enjoy visiting Australia every so often. This story of sisters Milly and Judith and friend Harper and a hike that turned into a terror. It was suspenseful and intense and kept me guessing. The rugged terrain in Western Australia was described beautifully. ...more
zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
Retribution Ridge was a rather quick, dark and thrilling read.

Millie and Judith are sisters, but an incident that took place ten years ago drove a wedge into their relationship. Not long later, Millie left Perth and moved to Sydney. When Millie receives an invitation from Judith to go on a hiking trip, she accepts it, hoping that she’ll be able to reconcile with her sister. Together with her best friend Harper and their tour guide Lucas, the group of four headed into the Australian
Angela
May 31, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This book was great, thrilling fun and I will definitely read more from Anna Willett. A star definitely got knocked off because of some moments that made me groan, but over all I really enjoyed this and read it in two sittings.
Daileen
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very clever writing. I particularly enjoyed it being written in the 3rd person. Great story that leaves you thinking way after you have finished reading. Please keep writing Anne.
Cindylou
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Retribution Ridge

This is an intense read. The characters are cold and calculating. Extremely suspenseful with some dark twists. You don’t want to wait to find out what happens.
kittykat
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
A lack of suspense and mediocre story telling.

The plot is one of revenge stemming from an incident years ago. Two stories colliding to a brutal outcome. Set in a native Australian National Park WA, author captured the essence of the Australian scenery but failed to build suspense the storyline warranted. I can see where the author was trying to go but for me it just fell way short. The characters lacked the charisma you need in a thriller. I was bored thru a lot of this book and just wanted it
Phyllis
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
australia sisters torn apart by an accident where their best friend drowned. After the death of their mother they decide to try one more time to reunite by taking a trek with a guide into the outback . One sister falls and seriously hurts her head in a planned scheme to scare her into selling the mothers home .
Little do they know that the guide and another stalker are the brothers of the friend that drowned . One sister dies of her injuries of the fall and the other two girls fight for their liv
Michelle Wilson
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Two sisters have not been close for years. One decide to teach the older one a lesson. They meet with a friend and a guide in a national park in Western Australia and all hell breaks loose. The Aussies are as blood thirsty as the Scandinavians it seems in their description of horrible happenings. This book ends with a whimper, touchy feels after all the gore and trauma. I read it to the end, but not tempted to read more by that author...perhaps some day ... a freebie in My Kindle? Who knows.
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Two sisters that share a dark secret about a child hood friend dying after falling off a cliff into water.
Milly and Jude are going on a hike with a guide and Jude's girlfriend Harper. The guide is not what he pretends to be. The guide is the brother of Drew, the boy who died. His other brother shows up on this hike to make the sisters pay for the death of Drew. They are in the mountains of Australia miles from help. This is a thriller and page turner.
Barbara Harris
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amazing story telling

An amazing book it really is girl power. It was a shame someone had to die. I really enjoyed the story I could just pictured the Australian out back it seemed so real.

Anna M Leuenberger
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Suspenseful

The editing in the last few chapters was poor which spoils the otherwise fast pace. The descriptions of place and time had a few problems but it is a very suspenseful, entertaining book.
David Sailor
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Thin

Not a lot of substance. Could have been reduced to half by cutting out the fluff. Not my type for sure.
Shirley McCann
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Three women embark on a hike with a guide they barely know. But another person later emerges as a killer. This book was great, but should have ended sooner. I skimmed over the last few pages.
Mary Thomas
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
another enjoyable book by Ms. Willett, don't think I want to go hiking with family members ...more
J Barkess
Jan 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Thankfully short

I don't like to leave a book partially read so ploughed through this. Nasty and violent I didn't enjoy it.
Vivian
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, let me say that I love books written in British, Irish or Australian English. I find myself reading with an accent. With that said, I enjoyed this very much but feel there were some important issues left unresolved. I was hoping for a part two but do not see one.

Milly was willing to give up her creature comforts to attempt mending her relationship with her sister, Judith. Would two days hiking the great outdoors be enough? Judith, Harper, Milly and their guide were ready for their adventu
Tamara Mau
This is my third book read by a much liked author that is new to my 'Favorite Authors List'. This one is an awesome story with believable characters, some you like to like, some you hate to like, and those you like to hate. The only thing that kept me from giving this book five stars was the difference between this book & Backwoods Ripper, which moved smoother, quicker, & more consistently. I also was more on the edge of my seat during the beginning of Backwoods Ripper although this books twists ...more
Lorie
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Great suspense novel

This was a fast paved, highly suspenseful novel. First I've read from this author, look forward to more of her stories. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I enjoyed the Australian setting and verbiage. "Bitumen" was a new word, meaning asphalt, and esky for cooler, just interesting and fun to read about other locales. Recommend for any who enjoy high octane, roller coaster suspense.
Leola
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great suspense.

Sisters, Judith and Milly, separated by guilt from a death that happened when they were teenager's - each blaming the other. Harper is Milly's best friend, but Harper has a secret that Milly doesn't know. When Judith suggests a hiking trip in hope of reconciling with Milly, Harper goes with them. What should be a two day fun adventure turns into a hiking horror and fight for survival. As bodies turn up dead, who will be left alive?
Cindy
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
What Milly thought to be a day of hiking and growing closer to her sister along with 2 friends ended up being a frightening experience and not what she had envisioned! Her sister had plans to learn the truth of an event that happened long ago but, their friend and the two sisters were in for a shocking discovery and a scary hike. This story went into great details of their hiking adventure.
Kristi
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really great story full of suspense. I kept trying to figure out exactly who was behind it and why. Of course we do learn the truth in the end and it was a believable tale. My only complaint was that some of the scenes were a bit too graphic for me, but that's more my taste than anything else. ...more
Making Connections: 4735. - RETRIBUTION RIDGE by Anna Willett 3 11 Dec 26, 2016 06:27PM
Authors, readers,...: Blogger sign up for the Retribution Ridge tour 1 4 Nov 29, 2016 04:56AM
Gore and More: Retribution Ridge 1 8 Oct 31, 2016 08:49AM

• The Breathtaker
  • What She Saw (A Beyond The Veil Prequel, #1)
  • Friends From the Edge
  • Found, Near Water (Christchurch Crime, #1)
  • The Last Rainmaker (Jack Widow #9)
  • Suicide Med
  • Coming of Winter (A Jeremy Winter Thriller, #1)
  • Let Me In (Morgan Young, #1)
  • Closet Full of Bones
  • The Luck Theory
  • Ghost (Sam Prichard #10)
  • Crime Scene (CSI Reilly Steel, #0.5)
  • The Fear In Her Eyes (Ian Quinn #1)
  • Frost and Ashes (Daniel Trokic, #2)
  • Before She's Gone
  • The Wake
  • Inside The Whispers (Dr. Samantha Willerby #1)
  • Her Deepest Fear (Rosemary Run, #1)