Start by marking “Retribution Ridge” as Want to Read:
Retribution Ridge

Retribution Ridge

A small hiking group in the wilderness – with bloody revenge for company

Milly has barely spoken to her sister Judith in years. They hardly exchanged a word at their mother’s funeral. They could not be further apart.

So when Milly gets an invitation to go on a hiking trip, she hopes it will be an opportunity for reconciliation. Inviting her school-friend Harper along
Published October 29th 2016 by THE BOOK FOLKS Australian horror thriller and suspense publishers

To ask other readers questions about Retribution Ridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Retribution Ridge

Start your review of Retribution Ridge
Vicki
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-thriller
This thriller is exactly that, thrilling. with mysterious watchers, chasers and histories, there is a lot going on in this hectic race through the woods. These sisters have ten years of bad feelings, hurts and secrets that keep them from connecting. It is not as it seems and the story weaves a tapestry so tightly you are caught up in it trying along with the sisters to see what exactly is going on.

Anna Willett has a skillful way of making you feel you are on the run with these women. There is
Marie
This was a very intense and in depth book of two sisters and a friend going hiking in the back woods of South Western Australia. The sisters haven't spoken to each other in years, because of an tragic incident that had happened to them when they were younger. Milly's friend Harper invites her on the hiking trip letting her know that they will be meeting up with Milly's sister, Judith.

Judith invites a man along, Lucas, to help them get through the backwood country. When Milly and Harper finally
Diane Dickson
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This books grabs you from the very start and then for the rest of the read the tension, drama and action are unrelenting and chilling. The threads of the story are woven together like a fine fabric and the twists are clever.

I haven't read much set in Australia and I really did enjoy the location descriptions which were very well drawn. The main female characters were believable and brave and human and the baddies were very bad indeed. It is brutal at times, in fact very brutal now and then but
Sharah McConville
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So thrilling!!
Bandit
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Third read by the author, her books just tend to show up as Kindle freebies and exceed all (admittedly low, but still) Kindle freebies expectations, so why not. These stories are Australia set for a fun change of pace and are always pretty thrilling thrillers, with elements of mystery and suspense featured in various quantities. Usually pretty straight forward stories, this one certainly was. Two sisters, estranged by a past tragedy, attempt a reunion ten years later, following the death of ...more
Derith Rolfe
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark deeds and darker actions

This is literally edgeof the seat stuff. At the core of this is sibling rivalry. ' Sisters, sisters, never were there such devoted sisters. ' unfortunately I never had one. After reading this, I don't want one.
Maia Gomez
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow - Anna has done it again! She's quickly becoming my favorite thriller author! This dark and intense thriller take you to the outback of the Australian wilderness with two sisters who are trying to reconcile after years of not speaking to each other. Haunted by a tragic accident from their teens, boundaries are pushed and deeply buried secrets are revealed through flashbacks to the accident that took a friend's life. Little do they know, the past is dogging their steps through the ...more
Erik Empson
If Backwoods Ripper had you chewing your knuckles in suspense, Retribution Ridge certainly will not disappoint. But the tension has a deeper psychological twist in Anna Willett's later book, which has the reader sharing in the entrenched distrust that exists between the two sisters at the centre of this story. This is a book that taps into our own fears of past wrongs, which delivers an exciting, pacey read with the kind of eerieness and impending threat about it that will have you reading long ...more
Wiseask
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Retribution Ridge is a book written by a woman, about women, and frankly, for women. It’s subtitled by the author as “a dark, gripping and intense suspense thriller,” but it reads more like a novelization of a made-for-Lifetime movie with the same recurrent themes: emotionally fragile women in a geographically remote area are in peril as they are stalked by no less than two killers (males, naturally).

Is there a dark secret in their past? Is the Pope a Catholic?

In this version of the formula, two
zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
Retribution Ridge was a rather quick, dark and thrilling read.

Millie and Judith are sisters, but an incident that took place ten years ago drove a wedge into their relationship. Not long later, Millie left Perth and moved to Sydney. When Millie receives an invitation from Judith to go on a hiking trip, she accepts it, hoping that she’ll be able to reconcile with her sister. Together with her best friend Harper and their tour guide Lucas, the group of four headed into the Australian
Daileen
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very clever writing. I particularly enjoyed it being written in the 3rd person. Great story that leaves you thinking way after you have finished reading. Please keep writing Anne.
Tamara Mau
This is my third book read by a much liked author that is new to my 'Favorite Authors List'. This one is an awesome story with believable characters, some you like to like, some you hate to like, and those you like to hate. The only thing that kept me from giving this book five stars was the difference between this book & Backwoods Ripper, which moved smoother, quicker, & more consistently. I also was more on the edge of my seat during the beginning of Backwoods Ripper although this ...more
Lorie
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Great suspense novel

This was a fast paved, highly suspenseful novel. First I've read from this author, look forward to more of her stories. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I enjoyed the Australian setting and verbiage. "Bitumen" was a new word, meaning asphalt, and esky for cooler, just interesting and fun to read about other locales. Recommend for any who enjoy high octane, roller coaster suspense.
emily lote
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gripping book

I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a real on the edge of your seat thriller
Leola
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great suspense.

Sisters, Judith and Milly, separated by guilt from a death that happened when they were teenager's - each blaming the other. Harper is Milly's best friend, but Harper has a secret that Milly doesn't know. When Judith suggests a hiking trip in hope of reconciling with Milly, Harper goes with them. What should be a two day fun adventure turns into a hiking horror and fight for survival. As bodies turn up dead, who will be left alive?
Marbea Logan
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book has chills, thrills, drama and eerie feels. The emotions from the characters were intense and psychologically shocking. The story is very lengthy and full of great details about not only the storyline, but other scenarios as well. It's not just a fast paced thriller, it has a great body of work and a mind settling conclusion.
Rich Buickerood
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This thriller set in the wilderness of western Australia was an excellent read. It built to a climax, and then built to another. Unfortunately, the very ending was a bit soft. Still, I liked it.
Vicki Gammill
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A suspenseful read

Other than a few typos this book will hook you fairly soon after you begin. I read it fairly quickly because I wanted to see the results of the stalking and understand how it all began. A good read.
Mary Edwards
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

Plan on reading this in one sitting. This book kept me interested right from the beginning. Heart racing story. Loved it.
Arielle
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This started off slowly for me, but maybe it was just me. Once it got going, it moved along. I liked the plot, and came to admire Judith who I originally thought was a nasty little vindictive thing.
Elisa
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thrilling, mysterious and a good read.

This story kept me guessing, it had great drama, good characters and a solid plot I really enjoyed it.
Kristi
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really great story full of suspense. I kept trying to figure out exactly who was behind it and why. Of course we do learn the truth in the end and it was a believable tale. My only complaint was that some of the scenes were a bit too graphic for me, but that's more my taste than anything else.
Lisa
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nail biting stuff.

This is the 3rd book I have read, back to back by this author and they just keep getting better.

Compeling and addictive, I couldn't put it down. X
Jean
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thrilling!
Loretta Gabriel
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very chilling and entertaining story

The author has written a story of suspense and intrigue which will keep you guessing as to what will happen next. A story that is sure to keep you entertained and guessing.
Janet Harrison
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a suspenseful and thrilling book, I felt like I was right there with the characters battling for my life! This book is beautifully written, it keeps you on your toes and holding your breath! I would love to see this story made into a movie.
Deb Dillow
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Exciting

An exciting and fast paced story. The characters are interesting and believable. I particularly enjoyed the picture of the wilderness painted along with the story.
Cindy
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
What Milly thought to be a day of hiking and growing closer to her sister along with 2 friends ended up being a frightening experience and not what she had envisioned! Her sister had plans to learn the truth of an event that happened long ago but, their friend and the two sisters were in for a shocking discovery and a scary hike. This story went into great details of their hiking adventure.
Vivian
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, let me say that I love books written in British, Irish or Australian English. I find myself reading with an accent. With that said, I enjoyed this very much but feel there were some important issues left unresolved. I was hoping for a part two but do not see one.

Milly was willing to give up her creature comforts to attempt mending her relationship with her sister, Judith. Would two days hiking the great outdoors be enough? Judith, Harper, Milly and their guide were ready for their
Bulldog67
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant read. This is the second book I've read by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next one.
Making Connections: 4735. - RETRIBUTION RIDGE by Anna Willett 3 11 Dec 26, 2016 06:27PM
Authors, readers,...: Blogger sign up for the Retribution Ridge tour 1 4 Nov 29, 2016 04:56AM
Gore and More: Retribution Ridge 1 8 Oct 31, 2016 08:49AM

• What She Saw (A Beyond The Veil Prequel, #1)
  • The Breathtaker
  • Friends From the Edge
  • The Luck Theory
  • Coming of Winter (A Jeremy Winter Thriller, #1)
  • Who Killed Anne-Marie?
  • Her Hidden Past (Rosemary Run #2)
  • Frost og aske (Daniel Trokic #2)
  • The Girl on the Burning Boat
  • The Fear In Her Eyes (Ian Quinn, #1)
  • Sins of the Child
  • Last Seen Leaving
  • Before She's Gone
  • Don’t Trust Me (Hamlet, #1)
  • Flash Drive
  • What Has Mother Done? (Thea Browne Mystery, #1)
  • Your Son Is Alive
  • Let Me In (Morgan Young, #1)