Start by marking “Murder Under the Loon (Otter Tail County Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Murder Under the Loon (Otter Tail County Mystery, #2)

Murder Under the Loon (Otter Tail County Mystery, #2)

In the good old Minnesota town of Fergus Falls, murder is about as common as shorts-wearing tourists in January. But even in quiet Nordic towns, strange things can happen in the dead of winter.

Eager to retire, insurance company owner "Pinky" Hofstead had grand plans to announce the appointment of his new president at an all-employee winter weekend retreat. But after a ni
Published March 8th 2008 by Midnight Ink (first published March 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Under the Loon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Under the Loon

Start your review of Murder Under the Loon (Otter Tail County Mystery, #2)
Patrick Belair
May 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, mystery
This was a very cute little work of fiction.It flowed very smoothly and kept the reader interested from start to finish.Nothing real deep but still full of surprises.I discovered this series with a review of the forth book in series in paper.First two out of print lucky to stumble on first one now must locate next.I think if you like local writers ( Minn) you will like Mr. Anderson's work.
Doris Pearson
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love these stories based on an Ottertail County Minnesota sheriff! Exciting, and top writing when I can't guess who the killer is before the last page, lol.
mgd
Sep 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: cozy mystery lovers, Minnesota lovers
OK, its a cozy mystery and sort of a hokey stodgy one. But I just read Collapse and The Worst Hard Time, so some self-indulgence is in order.

It is a silly little mystery in which a pretty nice person (I'm very sorry to say)gets murdered for no very good reason, and a lot of good hearted cops set out on the trail through the snow.

This book is most fun for those who have lived in the upper mid-west and understand the jokes about Finns, Swedes and Norwegians.
Jessica
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, minnesota
Not bad. I enjoyed all of the Minnesota references.
Catherine  Mustread
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, minnesota
Sheriff stars in rural Minnesota mystery

Sheriff deals with his Barney Fife type deputy as well as a variety of characters involved in a murder designed to look like a snowmobile accident. Humor and local Minnesota flavor abound.
Rebecca Woitte
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick, easy read on a cold winter day in west central Minnesota.
Hanneke Vlak
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable. Easy to read and especially fun if you luce in MN.
Tim Johnson
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Briefly . . . Very fun and easy read. The setting is ultra local taking place in Fergus Falls and Vergas, MN. My home town of New York Mills was even mentioned. Recommended for anyone who lives in Otter Tail County (or nearby) and wants to read a good "who-done-it" with a local and familiar setting.
Susan Heusser-Ladwig
I enjoyed this book more than I expected. All of the kitschy details of this fictional Otter Tail County are pretty close to the mark and made me smile repeatedly. At one point the Sheriff comments that someone is " too much of a Swede." Being of Swedish descent, I'd like to know what he means!
Deb Thomson
This was an easy read with fun references to familiar places and towns. The author obviously knows Otter Tail County and the surrounding area well. Not one of the best mysteries or novels I'd ever read, and was predictable, but did keep me entertained with the local references.
Amy Paget
Jun 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Read only for its ambience...snowmobiling and snow. Interesting that part of the clue to the murder includes an understanding of snowmobile operations! Just what you need to read on a hot summer day.
Jean
Dec 26, 2014 added it
good one--good plot, good police work.
Barb Fischer