Start by marking “Frenchman Street (Sentinels of New Orleans, #6)” as Want to Read:
Frenchman Street (Sentinels of New Orleans, #6)

Frenchman Street

(Sentinels of New Orleans #6)

The uneasy truce between the preternatural species of New Orleans has shattered, with wizards and elves, shifters and vampires—not to mention the historical undead—struggling for ultimate control of the city, including the humans who still think they’re atop the food chain.

They aren’t, however—and the Summer Prince of Faerie wants them to know it.

Stuck in the middle? One u
Published July 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Frenchman Street, please sign up.
Kate according to her website Frenchmen St is set to come out on March 20, 2018

Shelley
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
*Source* Kindle Unlimited
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Frenchmen Street is the sixth and final installment in author Suzanne Johnson's Sentinels of New Orleans series. As the story begins, we find our protagonist, Drusilla (DJ) Jaco, in 1814 New Orleans (Barateria) along with her allies Rene Delachaise (Merman), Alex Warin (Shifter), and Jean Lafitte (Undead Pirate). But, she no longer trusts Alex. There has been a whole lot that has happened since the previous installment. 2 months
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Frenchman Street is the culmination of and fitting end to one of my favorite urban fantasy series, the Sentinels of New Orleans. Although it’s been a couple of years since the previous full-length release, the author does a fabulous job, without info-dumping, reminding readers of the numerous events that led to this pinnacle point for heroine DJ and her merry band of misfits. Frenchman Street, being the sixth and finale book of the Sentinels series, should not be read by newcomers.

Overall, I gr
☕️Kimberly
A fitting end to one of my favorite series.
Reacherfan
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Suzanne Johnson does not disappoint with her twists and turns. It made all the characters fall into place and had both ups and downs. Set during Mardi Gras adds a lot to the atmosphere and naturally, Jean Lafite is still a favorite character. It does feel like there's a lot more story there if Johnson chooses. The whole series comes highly recommended.
Christy LoveOfBooks
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, read-in-2018
A nice finale to a beloved series. I hope we see more of these characters in the future though.
Elisa
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of action and shooting of fire! But DJ is figuring stuff out, some stuff is finally settled and the main stories are completed here. Though who knows if we will get new ones!? It was satisfying and enjoyable and I love these characters. What a crazy world! Definitely read these in order.
Melliane
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

Here we are with the last volume of the Sentinels of New Orleans series and while the publisher stopped the series, I was delighted that the author decided to self-publish this last novel. How to resist this conclusion? I was really curious to discover what the author was going to propose and to find once again all the characters!

DJ is in a very uncomfortable situation. It must be said that everyone wants to kill her, but she knows that she can not remain id
Brooke Banks
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from Bewitching Blog Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I can't believe today is really day. I'm posting my review for the last book in the Sentinel of New Orleans series, Frenchman Street. Appropriate, given I found this series through a blog tour. A bittersweet day for me but a great opportunity for you! Check out all the deets below and enter the Amazon giveaway at the bottom!

About Fre
Miki
Fabulous, a rollercoaster for emotions as once the story picks up there isn't a slow moment left there will be tears, there will be touching moment, there will be some humorous one and some very angsty ones. We are immersed in an adventure that doesn't allow us a reprieve we must know what will happen and we better not get interrupted for nothing ^^;;

We sure waited to get the end of Dj adventures in this arc but it was so, so well worth it... a real page turner with old characters we meet again
Jen
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome finale

I'm so very saddened that this series has come to an end. It's been quite a ride and I am glad that I have this series a chance. With this series, you really do need to read the books in order. I'm not sure this book would stand alone very well. There are so many characters and relationships introduced and developed over the course off the series that jumping in at this point would ruin the full effect.

I completely love the world that Ms. Johnson has created. She is so descriptive
Chrissy
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I flew through this series pretty fast because I was entirely unable to put it down. Whenever I finished one book I felt compelled to immediately pick up the next one. Complex, lovable and relatable characters (I especially loved Jean Lafitte), interesting world-building, gripping story, great writing, plenty of humor. This last book went in a direction completely different from what I expected, and it was a direction I absolutely loved. Some things felt like they came out of nowhere ((view spoi ...more
Marlene
Originally published at Reading Reality

When it comes to the life of DJ Jaco, the phrase “out of the frying pan and into the fire” doesn’t begin to cover the level of trouble DJ usually finds herself in. A better description might be out of the conflagration and into the inferno. Or something about jumping from one hot circle of hell into an even hotter one.

Royal Street by Suzanne JohnsonDJ hasn’t gotten a moment’s rest since Hurricane Katrina brought down the wards between New Orleans and the va
Kira
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm really sad that this is the final book. The good news is that it felt just like all of the others while I was reading it, until you get to the end. It's a good ending, but I feel like it was slightly rushed (which is why I gave the book 4 stars instead of 5) and we're given an epilogue, but it just leaves me wanting more stories of these characters. It wraps things up but still leaves it open. Overall it was another great addition to the series.
Lianne Pheno
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

Une bonne fin de série, malgré quelques petites longueurs sur la dernière partie.

DJ se cache toujours dans la demeure de Jean Laffite dans Old Orléans, mais elle commence à s'apercevoir que ça ne la mènera nulle part. Et que si elle ne veut pas se retrouver dans un monde ou Florian, le prince héritier fae dévoilera l’existence des surnaturels aux humains, il va falloir agir parce que toutes les différentes factions qui s'opposent à lui sont à l'heure actu
Eva Millien
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With the shattering of the uneasy truce between the preternatural species of New Orleans everyone is struggling for control of the city which puts our favorite, at the moment unemployed wizard sentinel right in the middle of some life altering and extremely intense and exciting events in the thrilling conclusion to The Sentinels of New Orleans series.

The thrills and chills keep coming throughout this fast paced and smooth flowing plot keeps readers on the edge of their seats, glued to the pages
Paula Millhouse
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Urban Fantasy series.

I've followed DJ Jaco and the gang throughout this series, and while I hate to see it end, the author gave us a page turner for the finale.

Set in modern day New Orleans (and the preternatural Great Beyond) this story serves up a heaping helping of the flavor of The Big Easy with a magical twist. I had no idea there were so many parades centered around Mardis Gras, but trust me, there's more celebrating going on down in Louisiana than should be lawful.

Wizard DJ J
What a great wrap up to this series! I'm so glad I finally finished it. The previous book in the series had a lot of political maneuvering without the action that has always been part of this series and it put me off from picking up the final book. Now I can see why the previous book went in the direction it did as it was all necessary set up for this book.

DJ has grown so much from the beginning of this series until the end. She's always been a chaos agent, but at the same time, so much of what
Kalendra Dee
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the concluding volume in Sentinels of New Orleans series. I am so sad this series is ending. DJ has to really make some tough choices in this book and she realizes that the shifting alliances between the wizards, elves, fae, shifters, and vampires make figuring out who her friends and enemies really are exceedingly difficult. Alex is acting even more of a jerk than usual. Surprisingly, her bondmate, elf Lord Quince Randolph, is acting more considerate than usual. The undead Pirate Jean L ...more
Addison Public Library
In the concluding book of the series, unemployed and disgraced former Sentinel Wizard DJ Jaco makes some hard choices and confronts some tough truths about friends and foes alike. In DJ’s world, the shifting alliances between the elves, wizards, vampire, shifters, and fae make it hard to keep the line between friends and enemies clear. Alex is acting even more boneheaded than usual and DJ must reevaluate her feelings for him even as the water shifter (aka merman) Rene moves even closer to her. S ...more
Darlene
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you’ve enjoyed the rest of the Sentinels of New Orleans series, this one will be right up your alley! It does pick up more or less right where Belle Chasse ends, so it might be a good idea to reread that one before picking this one up. However, I didn’t, and I was still able to slip back into this world. Our heroine, DJ, comes into her own even more in this book, which makes me sad that it’s the last book in the series. I’d love to see what an even more self assured DJ gets into. Also, for be ...more
Dani
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay ending to a good series. (Three stars for the novel, an extra star for wrapping up a fun series without disappointing.) The last book can be a shining capstone for a series - or can be a book-length epilogue. This was a workmanlike compromise. At the start, all the pipe has been laid: We know who the main players are and where they stand (at least temporarily), and we know what's at stake. At the end of a reasonably-enjoyable novel the major conflict is resolved and many of the loose ends a ...more
Karyn Buchanan
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Faery Prince Florian wants to out all Supernatural beings to humans during Mardi Gras, DJ has her hands full with Rene, dragons, her Elf bondmate Rand, and a corgi that call talk to her in her head. A lot of politics, a lot of New Orleans, just a lot of fun. An excellent series. Probably my favorite besides Sookie Stackhouse, so much fun!
Danielle
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Such an awesome ending to one of my favourite series (though I’m not so secretly hoping that this isn’t really the end).

Glad Alex finally got the shaft, he really needs to learn to see shades of grey and stop being so by the rules, Dru defiantly deserved better and I loved the epilogue 😍

I’m really going to miss the craziness of New Orleans, Mardi Graas in this book

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Joan Schooley
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can,t wait for the next one.

I love her story line . Can,t wait to see what she does in the next book . If there going to be a next one in this series. Would love to know what happens to Michael and the merman relationship.
Cindy Mathis
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great ride! I hate this series had to end, but it ended on a bang! If you love the mystique that is New Orleans, this is the series for you!
Archer
The author didn't disappoint, she brought it all. And it was wonderfully , heart wrenching and loving all wrapped up into a beautiful ending.
Miki
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Finally, a series that ends on a high note, instead of dying and fading away.
Rebecca Mcbeth
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good series.

Well written urban fantasy. Fast moving and enjoyable. I hope this isn’t the last of DJ and her friends. I look forward to reading Ms. Johnson ‘s other works.
Maggie Mcdonald
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series

I'm really going to miss these characters. What an incredible world & adventures. You can't go wrong with this series
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Dark Secrets: A Paranormal Noir Anthology
  • Tales from Harborsmouth (Ivy Granger, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5, #5.5)
  • Bear Up (Grayslake: More than Mated)
  • Snake in the Glass (Incryptid, #3.3)
  • Nephilim Falling (Trenton Investigations #0)
  • Illumination (Penton Legacy, #5)
  • Big Bad Bite Returned (Big Bad Bite, #2.5)
  • Unspeakable (Beyond Human, #2)
  • Shockwave (Dr. Wolf - The Fae Rift #1)
  • Soul Slam (Soul Warriors #1)
  • A Ghostly Secret (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #7)
  • Kade (A Wolf’s Hunger, #2)
  • Furever After
  • Mississippi Blood Cake (Southern Psychic Sisters Mysteries #2)
  • Words That Bind
  • The Hunter's Moon (Windham Werewolves, #1)
  • Soul Enslaved (Sons of Wrath, #3)
  • Wolf Moon (Moon, #7)
Author of the Sentinels of New Orleans urban fantasy series, set in post-Katrina New Orleans. Coming November 8, 2016: BELLE CHASSE, book five; following ROYAL STREET, RIVER ROAD, ELYSIAN FIELDS, and PIRATE'S ALLEY. A novella and story collection, PIRATESHIP DOWN, was released in November 2015.

Writing as Susannah Sandlin, she is the author of the award-winning Penton Legacy paranormal romance seri

Sentinels of New Orleans (6 books)
  • Royal Street (Sentinels of New Orleans, #1)
  • River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans, #2)
  • Elysian Fields (Sentinels of New Orleans, #3)
  • Pirate's Alley (Sentinels of New Orleans, #4)
  • Belle Chasse (Sentinels of New Orleans #5)
“I thought you hated wizards,” I said.
“I do.”
He kissed me again”
2 likes
“Once you’ve been on this earth a bit longer, you’ll accept that you can’t save everyone.” 1 likes