Start by marking “Captive Moonlight” as Want to Read:

Captive Moonlight

A gentlewoman will do whatever it takes to rescue her captive werewolf betrothed.

When her betrothed, Joe Taylor, is taken captive by a group of men looking for werewolf laborers, it’s up to Charlotte, a genteel frontier lady with no training, to track him down and win him back—even if that means putting her own life in danger.
ebook
Published November 4th 2016 by Kissa Press LLC (first published February 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Captive Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captive Moonlight

Start your review of Captive Moonlight
Roxie's Reviews
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"What an Exciting Wolf shifter Romance"
Sarah Makela always writes such Stunning & Exciting shifter Romance's!. Her shifter men are just yummy!.
Charlotte is a human who is in love with a werewolf. Joe had been attacked and bitten but he loves Charlotte. They have not told her father yet that they are betrothed. Joe had sneaked into Charlotte's room one evening. When her maid almost catches them he sneaks back out. Only to be captured by some rough men and kidnapped!. Charlotte goes to the sheriff
Laure
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book.

Charlotte watches as her betrothed is knocked unconscious and then thrown into a prison wagon. When the local law, and her father refuse to help her find out why Joe was taken, she decides that she will investigate herself. After months of detective work she finally finds out where Joe is being held. She is taken captive by guards of the compound. The man in charge is determined to keep his activities a secret, and he throws Charlotte to the wo
Terri Oconnell
A great short read set in the wild west. This time though it isn't a female that needs rescuing, it is her promised one, a wearwolf. Charlotte is not one woman to be stuck siting at home relying on others to save her man, she is going out to do it herself regardless the cost. This was a great read with very real characters written into a setting that was very lifelike. I was glad for once to see a woman take charge of the situation. This was a well written story and I have enjoyed most of what t ...more
Glenda
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charlotte is brave and fearless in the face of her betrothed being taken from her. Joe is the love of her life and she will not stop until she gets him back. Joe longs to be with Charlotte again, but when he is, it is not what he had imagined. Will either of them survive?
I really enjoyed reading this story. Charlotte is such a strong female character. I received an A ARC of this book and am leaving my honest opinion.
Karen Shortridge
Charlotte loves Joe but when she sees him get kidnapped and no-one helps to find him she tracks him to a silver mining camp using enslaved werewolves for labour. This is a short read that definitely kept my attention over a cuppa, loved the characters.
Linda Dossett
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Western werewolves. Who knew? Ok story, easy read. Not my favorite but enjoyable.
Gina
Shelves: arc
I loved this book. The characters are so well thought out and fit the situation they find themselves in. I can see myself reading this over and over again!
Judy Lewis
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CAPTIVE MOONLIGHT IS ABSOLUTELY CAPTIVATING !!!
Title: Captive Moonlight
Series: Wolves of the Wild West
Author: Sarah Makela
Designation: Standalone Novella, NO Cliffhanger, #Paranormal #Romance #Western #Historical
My Rating: Five Delightfully Entertaining Stars*****
Wow! Color me surprised! I've never been much of a western romance fan, but I have been a diehard Sarah Makela fan for several years and literally devour everything she writes. When I discovered she had written a paranormal historical w
Judy Lewis
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
CAPTIVE MOONLIGHT IS ABSOLUTELY CAPTIVATING !!!
Title: Captive Moonlight
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Yvonne by: Sarah
by Sarah Makela
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
WOW! this book was good!!! Loved the characters! Especially Charlotte is fearless, talk about awesome. I loved Joe's character he is perfect for Charlotte, they fit together really well and just made the story that much more enjoyable. Loved the action and the romance, well done. 5 stars! I like old-fashioned westerns and I really enjoy reading paranormal romance especially those by Sarah Makela. She is a particularly great, very talented writer, and this
Lyn Mckenzie
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I don't think i could adore this book any more, it was an amazing read!!! This is a novella that is a stand alone story. Although this is a novella it doesn't feel that way, it feels a lot longer than it actually is. The attention to detail and the descriptions of the world this book is set in, the plot line and the characters is brilliant and so detailed making this book feel extremely realistic to the reader.

The thing i loved most about this tale is Charlotte! Right from the beginning you
Ana
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this new Old West style shifter series.

Charlotte is in love and betrothed to Joe a human turned werewolf after an attack by wolves. Although there are predjudices all over town against werewolves, Charlotte doesn't care. When Joe is abducted by unknown men, Charlotte will go to any lengths to find her love, even go against her father and go out on her own to find him.

Joe is abducted and put to work in the mine fields with others like him. He knew there was predjudice against shifters and
Cindy Caron
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A marriage between the wild west and the paranormal, Sarah has hitten this one right out of the ballpark! The proof that a woman will go to any lengths to rescue the man she loves is definitely front and centre when Charlotte witnesses her betrothed being beaten and taken away in the middle of the night. When no-one helps her to try and find Joe and tell her she's better off finding "someone nice and normal", she leaves the comfort of her home and begins her long search for the man she loves. Wh ...more
Rochelle
Shelves: paranormal
*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book*

CAPTIVE MOONLIGHT by Sarah Mäkelä

When Joe is captured by a group of men who want to use him as a labourer in a mine, it's up to Charlotte to rescue her shifter fiancé. Watching him get attacked, she vows to do whatever it takes to get him back even if she has to do it alone. Although Joe has tried many times to slip away from his capturers, but the collar he wears forces him to stay in his human form, halting any shifting or escape. But
Sharon
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte was engaged to Joe who happened to be a werewolf. One night he was captured by a group of men that wanted him as laborer in a mine. He was collared like the other werewolves were and they couldn't shift with those collars on. He tried to escape several times but they always caught him. Charlotte had seen him get attacked and taken away and she vowed to herself that she would get him back. No one would help her, the sheriff or her father, since no one wanted to help so she took off on h ...more
Pam Louis
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Great characters so easy to connect too. Charlotte was a human in love with Joe a werewolf when one night he is taken. She trys to get him help but NO one will help her. So she will do it herself!

As time goes by she goes from a sweet young woman to a strong willed and amazing women, who will stop at nothing to get him back!

This was a great read the mystery and intrigue added to the twists and turns in this great story. I love how much Charlotte went though to overcome. Shift
Nikki Brooks
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Charlotte doesn't care that her beloved Joe is a werewolf. But then she has to watch as he is dragged away into a jail wagon. No one cares that he's been taken and she decides to find him herself.

Joe is brought to the Carver's Mining Camp and they collar him with silver and put him to work. He can't find an escape route and he is worried about what has happened to Charlotte.

Great wee read and deceptive paranormal story. Has the feel of a western and it's quite far into the story before you act
Natasha
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charlotte watched as her Joe was taken in back of a jail wagon. Now she is determined to find him and rescue him from what ever danger he's in. No one seems to care that he's been taken and she is on her own to find out what is happening to all the werewolves. Joe is brought to the Carver's Mining Camp and they put heim in a collar and making him work. He's has no way to escape and worries he will never see Charlotte again. Until one day everything hangers and someone is watching them no sure if ...more
Donna Hokanson
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love knows no prejudice
Charlotte is in love with her betrothed Joe, even though he’s a werewolf. After one of their nights of passion he leaves out the window to not get caught by her maid. But as Charlotte watches him leaving he’s attacked and captured by some bad guys. No one including the sheriff wants to do anything because he’s a werewolf. So she goes looking herself and gets more than she can handle. Well written and very entertaining to read this self-contained story.
Linda Levine
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story of a woman determined to save her fiance. He is a wolf shifter and taken by others as slave labor. She won't give up even when others won't help her. It is a nice romance with characters that you really like and want to be happy. I am never disappointed by this author and recommend you check out her other books too.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
Lory
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I have to say while I didn't hate this fast paced story I really didn't care for it either. It was just okay!!! I really don't like leaving bad review but this story just didn't do it for me maybe the next book will be better. I voluntarily read and review this ARC I haven't been compensated in any way.
Sheryl
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When her fiance' is taken Charlotte steps up to find him even after her father and the law turn a blind eye. Now hot on the trail she finds what she is looking for and more but she gets into trouble by getting caught. Can Charlotte and Joe escape with out getting killed or will it be the end.

I am voluntarily leaving my honest review of this book.
Dora
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seemed nobody wanted a were wolf even if it was turned against his will but when Joe Taylor was held captive Charlotte, was to risk her life to get him back. Interesting, entertaining and easy to read story with a decided and strong heroine, suspense, hot sex and a terrific fight that kept me fearing for the worst. Enjoyed the plot development and the HEA.
Karen
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not a bad read for Sarah's first
temp at this style of story.
Charlotte was engaged to Joe.
One night after he left Charlotte bedroom
by the window he was grab by 4 men and
Charlotte saw the hole thing.
Will she be able to get find out what
happen to him in time or will the hole town
think she is crazy because she wants to
Find him even though he is a werewolf.
Mary Boehm
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Joe and Charlotte plan on making a life together until he gets kidnapped to go into the mines to work . Charlotte learns of his secret but still searched for where is is located. She learns of another kid napping and follows.
Mary Huff
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fast read. I can see this novella being turned into a full fledged novel. Needs more of a storyline. But a good read non the less. Thank you for letting me review for Sara Makela.
Juanita E. Arp
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great stories, loved every word of it. Can't wait to read more from this author. Received a FREE ARC copy to read volunteerly for an honest review
Julie
May 21, 2015
Renate Ridley
May 23, 2015
May 11, 2017
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Sarah Mäkelä loves her fiction dark, magical, and passionate. She is a paranormal romance author, but she's written all over the romance spectrum with cyberpunk, sci-fi, fantasy, urban fantasy... even a sweet contemporary romance!

A life-long paranormal fan, she still sleeps with a night light. In her spare time, she reads sexy books, watches scary mo