Start by marking “Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma, #3)

Sweet Young Thang

(Theta Alpha Gamma #3)

10 hrs 9 mins

Thanks to Collin Montes, Theta Alpha Gamma now welcomes gay and bisexual students. Persuading his Uncle Monty, president of the TAG Alumni Association, that the open approach won’t adversely affect TAG’s reputation is Collin’s own first step toward coming out. As long as there are no repercussions, he’ll escape the closet by graduation.

Enter r
Audible Audio, 11 pages
Published October 28th 2016 by Riptide Publishing (first published July 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Young Thang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Young Thang

Start your review of Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma, #3)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**3.75 stars**

As anyone who reads my reviews knows, I am a self-proclaimed Anne Tenino fan-girl. Normally, I'm reading her books while alternating between squealing shrilly and rapid-fire quoting gay erotica to my very disinterested husband. Was this book "squeal-worthy"? Maybe a half-hearted squeal, like a mini squeal. I liked it a lot but it had a few little details that irked me.

Let me start with what I LOVED. Anne Tenino writes some of the funniest scenes that I have ever had the pleasure
Jenn
Let me preface this review with saying I usually love any books with paramedics, firefighters, etc. and I love frat boys or just even college men stories. Those elements combined SHOULD have hooked me enough to rate this at least middle of the road. Unfortunately, I couldn’t focus on the book at all for more than ten minutes due to very specific factors.

This is the story of Collin Montes, a Theta Alpha Gamma fraternity member, who has pushed for his fraternity to openly allow gay members.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*2.5 stars*

Even Nick J. Russo couldn't save this audiobook.

I vaguely remembered this story from when I read it in ebook form years ago, but I was not prepared for how much the audio would annoy me. I'm talking nicknames every single page, and annoying ones too, like "sweet baby boy" and "sweet young thang," but said in a serious tone. I couldn't handle it read out loud to me. It was suffocating, and it highlighted the age difference between the two MCs, but in a bad way, not in a sexy way.

I also really struggled with tway.
I
stars*
Even
Heller
2.75

This was okay. Very readable but nothing really stood out for me in terms of either the characters or the storyline. I liked Collin and Eric but there were a few things that didn't work for me here:

(view spoiler) ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.75*

I was a little worried that I wouldn't like this book, the warnings about the overuse of endearments and such made me wary. But I enjoyed book #2 in this series and I usually like Anne Tenino 's stories so I decided t give it a go.
I won't recap the story, it's been done and the blurb is pretty good at explaining it, but I do want to say that I appreciated the situation Collin goes through with his Uncle Monty, I think a lot of us have someone in our life( at some point) who exer
Camille Adams
Okay...so this book turned out to be annoying. Let me count the ways. Before I do, though, let me say that it did not start out as such. I read the sample, was charmed, coughed up $7.99, and settled in for a nice lengthy-ish read.

Except:

1. The interests, the pov's, the perspectives in this story felt as if they were diametrically opposed. I couldn't reconcile the shifts between Eric and Collin aka Sweetness. I read YA, New Adult and mature works and I enjoy them all so my
Saioa

If I have learned something with this book is that a good fire cures everything!
Eric kind of reminded me of Gus Portokalos with the Windex lol
Your frat buddies are pestering you? let me light you a fire. Bad day with the family? I built you a fire. Someone tried to kill you? Nothing like a raging fire to make you feel better.

I liked this book, endearments and all. Eric was just perfect, maybe my favorite MC of the series so far!

Eric kind of reminded me of Gus Portokalos with the Windex lol

Where can I get an Eric for myself?
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

Well, Anne, you've made me do it again. Every time I pick up one of your (long-awaited) books I find myself even more in love than before. I think this time around I really fell in love with this book, simply because it had so many different qualities to love and pinged on so many different emotions from so many different characters. And, it was touching. Anne takes us satisfactorily deep into Collin and then allows us to experience the moments of clarity a
Leanne
Instantly forgettable. The characters had little depth or substance and chemistry was nowhere to be found. This might have worked better as a novella or short.

I reckon this series has reached its sell-by-date. Time to graduate, boys!
Heather C
Apr 19, 2013 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
I think I made it to about 28%. The whole romance and plot was feeling very contrived and predictable. And the use of the pet name "Sweet Thing" was already annoying me.
Nic
I was looking forward to revisiting Theta Alpha Gamma and spending some time with the boys. I was so pleased to discover a story involving a relationship with an age difference.

Eric is immediately attracted to Collin but doubts his own reaction. "Besides, he was thirty-six and he had no business jonesing after a twenty-year-old kid who may or may not even be gay. Lecherous old fart.". What I did find interesting was a repeated mention of the age difference as the relationship was announced to various
ttg
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#3 in the Theta Alpha Gamma series, Sweet Young Thang is an overall fun, light contemporary read about Collin, a college student and fraternity brother who finds his frat house under attack by launching water heaters, sketchy bombs, and disapproving relatives. Fortunately for him, he has a hot paramedic on the scene to care for him and carry him back for some hot times by the fire.

Although there’s some drama with the water heater/bomb mystery (which wasn’t so mysterious outside of the mot
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
5 Stars - KAPOW!!
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

I do this weird thing where the more I like an author the less likely I am to read all their books. I buy them, of course, then simply have them. I guess I’m saving them up for hard times. I don’t know! Anyway, my whole point in bringing up my strange behaviors is to comment the only author with whom I’ve not done this is Anne Tenino. Again, the why
Christina Marie
So much sugar, and more than a little bit of spice.

Sweet Young Thang is definitely a sugar overload, and I loved every minute of it! Anne Tenino just does it for me, always. This book is hilarious, HOT, and it made my heart go all melty.

Collin (who we met in Frat Boy and Toppy) is working on finishing his college degree. There is a fire at the Theta Alpha Gamma house, and at the scene he meets Eric, an older (and much hairier) paramedic. Adorableness ensues, lots of sexy sex is had, and endearments are horribly abused.

The
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Oh, how I love an age gap.

Which might be the only reason this one's getting three stars...

No. No, it's not. I mean, it's a cute story, so worth the read if you're in for something of its ilk. Seemed a wee bit overpriced at $4.99, though.
Shirley Frances
Collin is a college student acting as a liaison to The Alpha Gamma's Alumni Association, which is headed by his uncle, Monty. Having lost his father as a young boy, Collin's life has been steered by Monty's influence. Having found a group of accepting friends, Collin opens up and comes out to them. He hasn't come out to his family or other frat brother because he fears the repercussions, especially in regards to Monty.

I loved this concept. A college boy struggles with coming out with
Sandra
*le sigh* I'm an Anne Tenino fangirl, I'll admit it.

This was awesome. Totes awesome. I've been hoping that Collin would get his own book and his own HEA ever since reading the first of this series, Frat Boy and Toppy. When this one appeared on Netgalley, I ran to grab a copy (thanks, Riptide, you rock!) and devoured it in a day.

Then, because of all the awesome, I read it again. And snickered and laughed and sighed in all the appropriate places, because Anne Tenino just pulls you right into the actio
DaisyGirl
2.0 Stars

Looking over my status updates, I can't say I enjoyed this. It was long. And slow. And boring at times. I liked Collin and Eric both but everything just took so freakin' long. There were too many sex scenes (gasp! I know blasphemy but it's true). The mystery was hokey and the bad guy ... um, whatever.

Bottom line: disappointing.
So, the sweet baby etc. endearments in this book nearly drove me crazy. Sometimes it seemed like there were two on each page... Or more. It was just annoying and took away from my enjoyment of the story. As for the rest of the book, the beginning felt kinda jumbled and not clear and I found myself often re reading parts and I felt like it didn't flow well.

At times I also wondered if the rest of the story needed a more tightly written focus, it meandered and I got a little bored.
I think I loved
Erika
DNF

Too many "sweetie"s, "Sweet Thang"s, "sweet cheek"s, etc. used in this, to the point that I had to give it up at 70%. Other dislikes that were not necessarily deal breakers: INSTA insta love, the woobie-fication of Eric and not knowing what the hell was going for the first 10 pages or so.
Jenni Lea
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Review to come...

Silkeeeeeereads
I expected a lot more from this book.  The verbose explanations of the twists and turns of the mystery plot had me skimming through much of this book.  I didn't feel vested in the characters and really didn't develop any emotional ties to them.
Bea
First things first : I have seen some “Meh” reviews out there for this book on Goodreads. One explanation of the rating is that one of our characters, Eric, calls Collin some version of “Sweet” as pet names often. I suppose some people don’t like pet names, either in novels or in real life. But it did not bother me enough to reduce a star. So this review will not focus on that and that will not affect any type of rating.

Second note : This is book three of Tenino’s series, Theta Alpha/>
Shelby
3.5 Stars

I liked a lot of this story, but oh man the nicknames were killing me. I could deal with the age gap between Collin and Eric, not my favorite, but it was fine. But every time Eric opened his mouth and referred to Collin with his pet names I wanted to scream. I don't know why it rubbed me the wrong way but I just cringed every single time.

Now that little thing aside I did like Collin and Eric together. Eric was a wonderfully strong support system for Collin as he found hi
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

There is a lot to like in this coming of age romance. Colin is trying to come out but is dealing with old ole boy homaphobia from his uncle and cronies.

The aspects of the book that deal with the mystery and the frat changing its ways are fun.

Eric is a wonderful hero but it is a bit too insta love of his part for the romance to have the depth I would like.

I love how smart Collin turns out to be and I do love they way they are together.

The
Jo
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, college
Ok don't just judge the book by it's cover...well for some of you this may be a good thing.. but I digress
Anne Tenino Starts the book way darker than I am used to in her writing but not in a bad way....it actually sets the tone well and is a great introduction to Eric.
I am used to her books being funny light romantic reads. So right away we know we are in for a whole new type of book. It is always good when an author can evolve in their writing while still staying true to the writing styl
Jen
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fv, m-m, tenino
Collin and Eric

I really enjoy this series. I also like the glimpse of Sebastian. He makes me happy. :) Full review to come on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews

I read Frat Boy and Toppy a couple of months ago and loved it. I waited so long to pick it up because it has such a silly title. Sweet Young Thang has an equally silly title, and cover, but I learned that Ms. Tenino can write the heck out of story so this time I didn’t hesitate to pick up the book.

Sweet Young Thang is the story
Serena Yates
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
The third installment in the wonderful Theta Alpha Gamma series, this book features Collin, a current TAG senior and liaison to the Alumni Association, and Eric, a fireman, part-time photographer of male nudes, and alumnus of TAG who is fifteen years older than Collin. The focus of the story is their developing relationship, which has its own challenges due to Collin being in the closet and Eric being so much older and wanting to settle down. Not only that, but the arsenist/bomb maker who target ...more
Debra
3.5 Stars

Sweet Young Thang is Anne Tenino’s third book in the TAG Series, but works well as a standalone. As with the previous books, it is infused with humor and two wonderful main characters. While I enjoyed the romance and the interactions of all the TAG members, the mystery aspect of the book just didn’t work all that well for me.

We first met Collin in Frat Boy and Toppy. He is still single here and, thanks to his very controlling Uncle Monty (a TAG Alum), is the liaison to the Alumni Associa
Vanessa theJeepDiva
You ever read that book that is so awesome you can’t put into words why it is so amazing but you feel that telling people buy it, read it, love it, that’s enough for a review. That is what I am feeling about Sweet Young Thang. I just LOVED this book. I read it during a week when I didn’t even have time to sleep much less read. I found myself sneaking odd moments to steal away with the book. I could not put it down. This is another one of Anne Tenino’s Theta Alpha Gamma books. Readers are treated ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Mark Cooper versus America (Prescott College, #1)
  • Changing Lines (Harrisburg Railers, #1)
  • Poetry in Motion
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Strong Side (Eastshore Tigers, #1)
  • Coach's Challenge (Scoring Chances, #5)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers #2)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1-7)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Top Secret
  • Brandon Mills versus the V-Card (Prescott College, #2)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Empty Net (Scoring Chances, #4)
  • Leo Loves Aries (Signs of Love, #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Timing (Timing, #1)
  • Unwrapping Hank (Unwrapping Hank, #1)
Catalyzed by her discovery of LGBTQ romance, Anne Tenino left the lucrative fields of art history, non-profit fundraising, and domestic engineering (in that order) to follow her dream of become a starving romance author. For good or ill, her snarky, silly, quasi-British sense of humor came along for the ride.

Anne applies her particular blend of romance, comedy, and gay protagonists to

Theta Alpha Gamma (5 books)
  • Frat Boy and Toppy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #1)
  • Love, Hypothetically (Theta Alpha Gamma, #2)
  • Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #4)
  • Poster Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma #5)