Start by marking “Long Drive (Theme Song, #1)” as Want to Read:
Long Drive (Theme Song, #1)

Long Drive

(Theme Song #1)

There is a long road in everyone’s journey in life.
For some people, it’s a way to get from one place to another.
For others, it’s a search for one’s purpose in existence.
For me, the road was where I could find peace.
When everything in my life had shattered, I turned to the road.
And that’s where I met him.
Killian Lemarque.
A beautiful truck driver, and my salvation.
One mo
Published January 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Long Drive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Drive

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

description

Livia is on a journey to find herself. After a tragedy and a broken engagement, she is taking to the road to find out what she wants to do with her life. When her car breaks down and she is stranded at a truck stop she decides to approach a trucker with an offer. Fifteen thousand dollars for one month on the road with him.

Killian Lemarque has demons of his own. He enjoys the peace and solitude that long haul trucking provides him. The last thing he wants is to be stuck in his truck for a month w
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a pretty light and sexy read. I enjoyed the fact that it was so different. I think I would've appreciated some more depth into the characters, and I really wanted more of a HEA. It's not one for my favorites shelf, and it might not be all that memorable (except the different premise). Overall it was enjoyable, hot, and low angst read.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Livia and Killian's story. Livia is in a bad place in her life right now, and she decide
Denna✌
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Love Love!! This was a great read! I really love Jessica Florence's books, I think she is an amazing writer and I really love how she writes her heroes. Speaking of heroes our Killian was awesome and who knew that quiet sexy man had a dirty fucking mouth! Livia was great as well, she was perfect for Killian! Killian was swoon worthy with calling her his sunshine =D Really excited for Joel's book and I'm really hoping the h will be the girl that turned him down at the bar, fingers crossed!

S
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 3.5 - 4 Stars ★★★★

Long Drive is a sweet romance, between a woman fresh out of a broken down engagement, and an ornery trucker who prefers to keep people at arms length.

When Livia finds herself at a crossroads in her life, she decides to offer the lone trucker $15,000 to take her with him on a run, and despite his reservations, Killian Lemarque decides that this talkative woman who ambushed him at the trucker stop is worth taking a chance on.

What I liked most was that the characters were ver
SB*needs low angst books*
Great and fun question from book: "What is your theme song? If you could use a song to describe you right now, what would it be?

Livia has had a major life shift and a crazy idea to help her get her life together. When her car breaks down at a truck stop she approaches Killian Lemarque with a deal. She will pay him to let her ride with him for a full month. At first Killian thinks she is crazy but he sees something in her eyes that make him say yes. Killian is a grumpy
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing

5 "TRUCK YES" STARS.

Long Drive was my first Jessica Florence's book. I have to say that I'm not that much into 'road trip' books, hence I was hesitant to read this one after reading the blurb, but I decided to give it a try anyway and right now I'm ready to pack my bags and hit the road with a hot but grumpy-ass trucker.

I'm pretty sure you will be wondering, A TRUCKER? Really? Yeah. We don't usually get Truckers as heroes; so even though I wasn't sure how the author was going to make the hero l
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LONG DRIVE: This is my first read by this author, but add in the hot cover, the synopsis and I was beyond intrigued to see what was within the pages enough to request an arc of this, and I am so glad I did.

Long Drive is told in ‘Dual Perspectives’ Killian is a man of few words, but you can’t help but warm to him, but once Livia starts knocking down his fort knox walls his words are delectable.

Livia is a happy go lucky kind of female who finds pleasure in the little things and has a bub
♡Tonya♡
**** IT'S LIVE ****

** ARC received in exchange for an honest review **

The thunder cloud gets his sunshine. ♡

Two people, both missing pieces find each other by destiny.  That is the best way to describe this story.   Killian and Livia each were broken, yet together, they made one.

If you want instalove,  you won't find it here - they tried to resist their pull towards each other.  It was inevitable though.  (Around the 50% mark things did get spicy ) I adored them and was rooting for them all t
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
This author is absolutely going to be on my 2017 #Stalking schedule. I really enjoyed this hostile acquaintance to friends to lover's story. Totally other woman drama free and full of sexy times that had me fanning myself. But note than that it had one hero , Killian, who was by far amazing and loyal and simply perfect for Livia our heroine. These two had sparks that you felt even when he was so surly. It's like you could read through that animosity right to the heart of what he truly felt and t ...more
Dilek VT
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn't know it was a 157-page novella and by the time I realized it was, I was already half way and totally pissed at myself because I don't like novellas. They are short without enough depth. Problems are solved way too easily so I never find the story satisfactory or convincing. Same here, of course!

This one begins with Livia asking this question to a random truck driver, Killian, she has never met before:

“I ’ll give you ten thousand dollars to let me ride around with you for a month.”

Why
Jessica Florence
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
IT'S LIVEEEEEEEE!!!

My Review <3

Normally I would just say something like I dig it, or I approve.. But for this one I wanna say a little more.

This book is about a trucker. Yep. A trucker. Pretty much everyone who has read it so far has been like "uhhh not so sure about it but I'm going to try it anyways." Because let's be honest, a trucker romance is different.
But what you get isn't what you are expecting.
This book is different! It is unique!
It has the perfect amount of both to keep you readin
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

Long Drive by Jessica Florence
Contemporary Romance, Standalone (but there will be a spin-off)
4.25 Stars

I love a unique read. I'm always looking for books that don't follow the trends, so when I saw Jessica Florence was writing Long Drive ,  a book about a long distance truck driver, I wanted it right away! In a world of billionaires, sports stars, rock stars, Doms, fighters, cops, stepbrothers and princes, it's nice to see a regular guy hero with a regular guy job.

Livia just had a bad break
Kate Hastings
Loved. Not surprised though, I’m a massive fan of the way Jessica Florence tells a story. I loved Livia, loved Killian and loved them together. Fun, steamy and full of heart, their meet cute was also one I’d not read before, so it was as fresh as it was fabulous.
xydrella
Cute story. Super low-angst. Sweetness abounds 😊
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Long Drive

3.5-4.0 stars

Standalone

This is my first book to read by Jessica Florence. I have to admit, I believe this is the first book ever that revolves around a long distant trucker! I thought to myself, how is this going to work...only so much you can do in a truck, right? Jessica Florence did a great job building the story that took so many different 'routes'.

Livia is tired of her current life... Just over it... Hops in her car and decides to travel. However, shortly into her venture, her ca
Carrie
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
10+++ AMAZING STARS for this story! Killian & Livia sucked me in from page one. I did not want to put this down to work. Or sleep. Alas, both those things needed to happen, but every chance I got, this book was open & I was devouring their road trip. SUCH a unique premise, beautifully written. I laughed a lot, had my heartstrings tugged nearly every chapter, sang along with their song choices, celebrated when they had their steamy steamy moments, and HIGHLY enjoyed the way the Epilogue i ...more
Myri
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
First time reading this author...it was a sexy light read.
Butthisbook
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it

Quick, cute and to the point. Love it!
Varied Books
Apr 20, 2017 marked it as on-kindle-to-read
4/20/17 sale .99
Lisa
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a new favorite author. Loved Livia. Loved Killian. Loved everything about Long Drive. More books from this dazzling author will be read in my near future.
Lauren
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hilarious
Did I love this book? Truck yes! Sorry I couldn’t help it! I just had to. I have one quick question.. Where can I find my own Killian? I absolutely adored him! He quickly fell for the annoying bubbly woman-riding passenger in his truck. But instead of keeping hold of her, he let her go in order for her to find herself. For her to discover what she wants to do with her life now that she has a choice. The storyline for this book is easy to follow and I devoured this book in one sitting! Killian an ...more
Ashlee
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!

I was told by a friend to read this I was skeptical I'll be honest a girl offers a random hot trucker a huge lump sum to tag along with him for a month.

Meet livia this poor girl is just lost she's trying to cope with her life, thinking she needs a break she offers Killian money to let her ride along in his rig for one month. Hoping in that time she can figure out what to do with the rest of her life.

Killian broody quiet sweet reserved killian. He's just the sweetst thing eve
Paula D
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liva finds a trucker and offers him 15 thousand dollars to drive her around for a month. Killian is a guy that keeps to himself has a past he doesn't share with no one but his best friend until sunshine aka Liva who starts to grow on him. Liva is trying to find herself she herself has a past and she is trying to get Killian to smile and open up so she suggests 21 questions. Wow at first glance your thinking how deep can this book be a story about riding with a truck driver but it opens your eyes ...more
Karen Sedgman
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My first read by this author Jessica Florence!! Will be reading more from Jessica!! This story was fantastic, about Livia! Paid truck driver Killian $15k to let her travel with him for a month!! Killian quiet, and Livia trying to get him to open up!! Along the way things transpires into a one hot, sexy Long Drive!! Awesome HEA!! A must read!!
Reading with 2 book lovers
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this was a first read for me by jessica abd wow did i love it. i will definitely ve diving into more of her work.
i loved the whole trucker side of the book.
Livia and Killian make a great pair.
i definitely recommend this book
Caz
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(`v)
.`•..• ♥Review♥ of Long Drive by Jessica Florence

I'm having another why did it take me so long moment, Jessica Florence has been a friend and follows on my Facebook I swear since I started it all and I had never read one of her books and I felt terrible. Well I changed that all in one day and thank god I did.

I read Long Drive and I am so happy I did I loved it. I haven't read a trucker book before and I have to say that it was an awesome story loved everything about it. There were so many
theBookWolf
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is going to be a short review because I absolutely loved this book and I have nothing much to say about it.

I loved the characters. Livia was cute and quirky but not awkward or annoying at all. Killian was grumpy and broody but not at all rude or disrespectful. And together, their romance was so sweet. It wasn't insta love too with the "I knew I loved her from the moment I saw her" crap that a lot of romances have these days. They definitely found each other attractive at first but their fee
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
This was a great book. I can't wait to read the next book about Killian's Movie Star friend Joel. I enjoyed the banter between Livia and Killian and hope to hear more about them in the next book How You Get The Girl (Theme Song #2). I really liked that the book was about a Truck Driver because there isn't very many of those out there, at least not that I know of. I also loved how Livia was friends with Meghan Quinn and Kate Stewart.
Melissa Ann
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Florence is fast becoming one of my go-to authors! This story is a great story of literally finding yourself on the road! Two unlikely people in a unlikely situation make a beautiful story! I loved this couple who is complete opposites...Livia is the the bubbly outgoing one and Killian is to himself and quite. They each help each other out and sparks fly!!! This story also has great messages about life and about grabbing life by the horns!
Nancy
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored this book! What made it even better is that I know the author. 😁 This is such a beautiful story about broken people. Killian and Livia have a wonderful story that you just have to read. My favorite parts of this book involve the “What’s your theme song?” game.

I’m also excited that Joel gets his own story, too! Thanks, J Flo!! ❤
« previous 1 3 next »

• First Kisses (Inspy Kisses Collection, #1)
  • Strays (Urban Soul, #2)
  • Into The Fire
  • Wheels and Heels (Stories from the Hen and Hog, #1)
  • Wake Up Married serial, Episodes 1 - 6 (Wake Up Married #1-6)
  • Stronger With You
  • The Bones of Our Fathers
  • Something New (Brides of Cedar Bend Book 2)
  • The Magic Broom
  • Falling for Archie
  • Documenting Light
  • Finding Your Feet (Toronto Connections, #2)
  • Hunting the Hero (The Wild Randalls, Book 4)
  • A Wolf in the Fold (Triple Trouble, #6)
  • For Better or Worse
  • Center Of Gravity
  • How to Raise an Honest Rabbit (Granby Knitting, #2)
  • Heaven Sent (Small Town Swains)
Jessica Florence writes the stories that her fellow nerds yearn for.

From Superheroes to Sexy Truckers, Jessica is known to give readers unique tales of hope where love conquers all. Stories that melt away reality and take you on a journey with the characters. If escapism is what you are looking for, then look no further. Jessica is the Queen of weaving the tales you may not normally pick up but f

Theme Song (2 books)
  • How You Get The Girl (Theme Song, #2)