Start by marking “The First Few Steps: A Beginner's Guide to Practical Soul Care” as Want to Read:
The First Few Steps: A Beginner's Guide to Practical Soul Care

The First Few Steps: A Beginner's Guide to Practical Soul Care

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In her debut non-fiction title, Kelli Hackett delivers a simple, no-nonsense guide to nourishing the soul. The First Few Steps: A Beginner's Guide to Practical Soul Care describes the action steps she took in her own life to revive a spirit illness she didn't even know she had... until it became too painful to ignore.

This guide aggregates several major recovery tools and
Published October 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The First Few Steps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Few Steps

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of The First Few Steps: A Beginner's Guide to Practical Soul Care
R.K. Emery
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I think this is a great read for those who are just off-track in their lives. I think this is a great way to kind of evaluate your life as a whole. If you notice areas that maybe you should work on, Kelli Hackett does a great job of giving you steps to facilitate that change.

Well written and thought-provoking. Not preachy, just informative and enlightening.

This is a wonderful non-fiction / self-help read.
Gina Stamper
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I think the best thing for me about this novel was t he fact that I believed Kelli Hackett. What do I mean by that? She gave advice in a way where she connected to her reader and their situations. She is an example of how these steps can work and that really works in her favor.

The way this novel is laid out is perfect. Each chapter is straight to the point and you know exactly what your are going to get out of it. Everyone will have a different need when reading this. You will have picked it up
C. Gonzales
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This topic for a nonfiction novel is really great. I love the fact that it doesn't just focus on one aspect of ones soul, but many at the same time.

It highlights all types daily things that could interfere with a truly hinder your soul and life as a whole.

Kelli Hackett's voice shines through and gives a very powerful message. I enjoyed the pacing and writing style and this novel really stuck with me long after I finished reading it.
Lois Chapin
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great self-help book for someone who is not necessarily a reader. This short book is filled with personal stories and interesting and effective interventions that someone struggling with depression or a traumatic past can use right away. This is a great tool for someone who feels stuck with their emotional baggage and wants simple straight forward ideas on how to break free. Short chapters, easy to read, engaging, and practical exercises.
Kelli Hackett
Jan 02, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kelli Hackett is a Certified Spiritual Coach and author, holding a BA in Psychology and certificates in Reiki and Meditation. Her published works include Defending Wellton, The Something Perfect Series, and Practical Soul Care (the renamed version of The First Few Steps: A Beginner's Guide to Practical Soul Care.)

Living in Southern California with her family, Kelli is busy helping men and women