Start by marking “Doctor Who: Dr. Fourth (Roger Hargreaves)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Dr. Fourth (Roger Hargreaves)

Doctor Who: Dr. Fourth

(Doctor Who meets Mr Men and Little Miss #4)

The greatest mash-up in the entire Whoniverse is here! Doctor Who meets Roger Hargreaves' Mr Men in this new series of stories, written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves.

In Dr. Fourth, join the Fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith on an amazing new adventure through time and space . . .
Published April 25th 2017 by BBC Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Start your review of Doctor Who: Dr. Fourth (Roger Hargreaves)
James
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This series of Mr Men derived Doctor Who books (one for each Doctor) is great fun - aimed particularly at fans of Doctor Who and the Mr Men alike.

From the pen of Adam Hargreaves (author, illustrator) who is the son of original Mr Men creator Roger Hargreaves.

Light-hearted and fun stories with lovely Mr Men style illustrations - the whole series (12 Doctors) is now available.

Sophie Crane
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: doctor-who
Not sure the Fourth Doctor has been best served here as a small fat character, but still a good fun book in the style of the 1970s Mr Men series. In this adventure the fourth Doctor and Sarah are are escaping from the Daleks. Looking forward to seeing which foes the other Doctors face in this enjoyable series.
Etienne
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny «adaptation» of Doctor Who with the Mr and Miss collection. I enjoy it. It's simple but always fun. I've read four of them and mostly enjoy them all. This one is probably the best!
Michael Mills
Oct 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
I don’t know who these are for.
Ken
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another in the series of Doctor Who / Mr Men mashups.

The Fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane face the Daleks. It's loads of fun with plenty of fun moments and Jelly Babies.
Rosemary Standeven
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tom Baker was my Doctor. I loved him and his scarf, and he was a major part of my childhood. I also quite like the Mr Men, so when I saw this book advertised, it was a no-brainer. The book was devoured directly after purchase – and then again 10 minutes later with my husband, who is also a Dr. Who fan (though originally of a previous Troughton generation). The book beautifully captured the humour of Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor, and the true essence of the Daleks. No child today reading this b ...more
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Genuinely made me laugh out loud.
Emily Ross
This captured the essence of the Fourth Doctor brilliant. I couldn’t stop laughing.
Joey Woolfardis
Hold on to your hats, it's Mr. Tom Baker, I mean Dr. Fourth heading off on another long-overdue adventure with Sarah Jane.

But look out, it's the ascendingly-challenged Daleks and, with the exception of Dale the Dalek whose more akin to a handwhisk than a Dalek, they're hell-bent on exterminating Dr. Fourth and anything that stands between them (except moving traffic, of course.)

Grab your jelly babies, this won't end the way this joke will...

Why did the Dalek cross the road?

...

...

To get to
Mel
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: gift
Cliches of Jelly babies and running away from Daleks, Sarah being dull and a Dalek with erectile disfunction. Not the best in the series.
Ben Truong
Dr. Fourth is a children's picture book written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves and is a part of the Doctor Who Meets Mr Men and Little Miss series, which tells a story about the Fourth Doctor on the run with his companion, Sarah Jane Smith, from the Daleks who are chasing them. Today is National Dr Who/T.A.R.D.I.S. Day (23 November) and I thought it would be apropos to read this today.

The text is rather simple and straightforward. Hargreaves aptly captured the essence of the Fourth Doctor's
Jenevieve
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review first posted on My Blog.

I can't remember if I had the Mr. Men/Little Miss books when I was little but I definitely remember reading them to my younger brothers when they were little and really enjoying them. I was very happy when I was able to find them to read to my children. Imagine my absolute delight when I found this mash-up of them with Doctor Who! (Seriously, anyone who knows me knows my love of Doctor Who) I admit to not being as familiar with the older generation of Doctors as I
Tim
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Another book in the Dr Who Mr Men collaboration series. I liked hit and loved seeing Sarah Jane and the Fourth Doctor in a new adventure. The illustrations and the detail in such a short story are great. Perfect for Dr Who fans of all ages.
Erin
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Doctor Who and the Mr. Men & Little Miss books combine to make an excellent way to introduce young ones to the Doctor! In this installment, the fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane run and run and run away from the Daleks.

Good for a Doctor Who storytime.
Derelict Space Sheep
The Fourth Doctor is well drawn and characterised. Sarah Jane is less becoming (a generic pink ball) and the inclusion of a no-hoper Dalek is incongruous even within the unfolding romp. Still, this captures the frivolous sangfroid element of Tom Baker’s era.
Danna
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a hoot! The hubs and I are finally reading this series I bought for him at Xmas. Both of us being Whovians, and me being a librarian and fond of the quirky “Little Mr./Miss/Ms.” series, we are amused.
Stephanie Reese
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even though I found Doctor Who in its reboot in 2005, the 4th Doctor has always been one of my favorites and this book captures his quirkiness. Love that Sarah Jane was in it too!
Thebruce1314
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
These books are cute, though this is my least favourite of the Doctor stories so far. It's a hit with my son, because it contains Daleks, so I've already read it five times this week..
Kate
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, picture-books
Mary
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Based off the Dr. Who series, fans of that will enjoy this as a beginning reader text with their young children.
Julie Garner
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Definatley my favourite, both on the small screen and in this new series of books!
Sara Eames
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A light-hearted tribute to both Dr Who and The Mister Men books. Gentle reminders of my childhood and a bit of fun. Worth a look if you are a fan of either of the above.
Kathryn
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this Doctor Who--Mr Men mash up.

A longer review appears on my blog, Kathryn's Inbox
Cherie
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute Mr Men book Doctor Who style :). A quick fun read for any fan of the Doctor.
Lauren (Cook's Books)
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fuck you I don't care that this is literally five pages long, it's going towards my Good reads goal because I'm so behind 😂
Richard Harrison
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We loved this one. Especially Dale the Dalek with his rubbish ray gun
Kieran McAndrew
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The Fourth Doctor prepares for success with Sarah Jane.

A fun children's mashup between Mister Men and Doctor Who.
Kirsty
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More Doctor Who fun from the Mr Men. Lovely story for any fan.
Catherine Mason
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
The Daleks were the best bit about this one. They were very funny. But no simplified version of the Fourth Doctor could ever match Tom Baker in character.
Timo
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: timo
Not as good as those previous offerings in this series. Maybe because the Doctor was as annoying as Tom Baker is in his run.

• Mr. Men: A Very Thankful Thanksgiving
  • TUNDRA: Not Out of the Woods Yet
  • Mr. Tickle
  • Mr. Bump
  • Doctor Who: T is for TARDIS
  • Children's Books: Pigs Can Fly! By Joshua McManus: (Fun, Rhyming Bedtime Story/Children's picture book About Pigs that Can Fly, for Beginner Readers, Ages 2-8) (giggletastic stories 6)
  • Peanuts: The Beagle Has Landed, Charlie Brown
  • Peanuts It's Tokyo, Charlie Brown
  • My Best Friend, My Blanket (Peanuts)
  • The Worst Birthday Book in the Whole Entire World (Entire World Books 5
  • Everyone Gets Gold Stars But Me! (Peanuts Gang)
  • I've Been Traded for a Pizza?
  • The Worst Christmas Book in the Whole Entire World (Entire World Books 3)
  • Never Let A Unicorn Meet A Reindeer!
Adam Hargreaves is an English author and illustrator. The son of Roger Hargreaves, he continues his father's popular Mr. Men series of children's books. Hargreaves also served as inspiration for the series. When at the age of six he asked his father "What does a tickle look like?", Roger used that question to create the first book, Mr. Tickle.

Doctor Who meets Mr Men and Little Miss (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Doctor Who: Dr. First (Roger Hargreaves)
  • Dr. Second
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Third (Roger Hargreaves)
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Fifth
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Sixth (Roger Hargreaves)
  • Dr. Seventh
  • Dr. Eighth
  • Dr. Ninth
  • Dr. Tenth
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Eleventh (Roger Hargreaves)