Start by marking “Doctor Who: Dr. First (Roger Hargreaves)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Dr. First (Roger Hargreaves)

Doctor Who: Dr. First

(Doctor Who meets Mr Men and Little Miss #1)

The greatest mash-up in the entire Whoniverse is here! Doctor Who meets Roger Hargreaves' Mr Men in this new series of stories, written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves.

In Dr. First, join the First Doctor and Susan on a new adventure, in which they encounter the dastardly Cybermen once more . . .
Published April 25th 2017 by BBC Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

David Sarkies
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comedy
A Tale of Dr Grumpy
7 December 2017 - Adelaide

How cute is this – merging Mr Men with Doctor Who. Well, I won't necessarily suggest that this is the first time I have seen something like this since it is sort of like Bruno Vincent's Five have all grown up series. Actually I have discovered a few of these style of books around of late, including a collection of Ladybird Books that had some very distinctive adult themes. As for these Mr Men/Doctor Who crossovers, well, I was looking around this sp
Terri
The Doctor is irritated when he can't find his granddaughter Susan after landing on Earth and he has to face the Cybermen. Cute, fun book
Becki
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a cute read. I love that they have done this for doctor who fans and soon to be.
Cherie (Myst)
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute Mr Men book Doctor Who style :). A quick fun read for any fan of the Doctor.
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really funny, really nostalgic. Loved this!
Myriam
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Se lit rapidement à l’image de la série monsieur et madame.
Drôle, même pour une non fan de la série comme moi.
Joey Woolfardis
Dr. First is in a bad mood, not in the least because he has just been confronted by a pair of flairs and the term "groovy", but also Susan-his granddaughter-has gotten herself lost in the big drug-den and free-love centre that was 1960s London.

Not only that! But, ah! it's the Cybermen and they're not here to pose on Abbey Road. It's up to Dr. First to find Susan and rid swinging sixties London of these tinfoil troublemakers.

Just look at his shoes and you will see that Dr. First means business.
Ken
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy that these exist!

I adored the Mr. Men series growing up, whilst also being a big fan of Doctor Who I was intrigued when these series of books were announced.

A quick fun read that enraptures The First Doctor's era, I was always going to love it.

I just wonder what William Hartnell would make of it all?
Ben Truong
Dr. First is a children's picture book written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves and is a part of the Doctor Who Meets Mr Men and Little Miss series, which tells a story about the First Doctor, his granddaughter Susan and their adventures on 1960s Earth where they encounter the Cybermen. Today is National Dr Who/T.A.R.D.I.S. Day (23 November) and I thought it would be apropos to read this today.

The text is rather simple and straightforward. Hargreaves aptly captured the essence of the First Doc
Jenevieve
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review first published on My Blog.

I can't remember if I had the Mr. Men/Little Miss books when I was little but I definitely remember reading them to my younger brothers when they were little and really enjoying them. I was very happy when I was able to find them to read to my children. Imagine my absolute delight when I found this mash-up of them with Doctor Who! (Seriously, anyone who knows me knows my love of Doctor Who) I admit to not being as familiar with the older generation of Doctors as
Taksya
Ammetto di non conoscere la serie (libri e/o tv) di Mr. Men and Little Miss ma le ultime uscite a tema Doctor Who non potevano essere trascurate.
Primo dei primi quattro volumetti (in ordine rigorosamente numerico) è Dr. First, accompagnato dalla nipote Susan.
Per quanto stilizzati sia il Dottore che Susan sono perfettamente riconoscibili, come i terribili nemici incontrati.
Poche pagine, adatto sia ai giovanissimi fan del Dottore che a quelli più attempati.
Bonnie
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captures William Hartnell's Doctor perfectly

Though read cover to cover in a minute or two, this little book carried the feeling of those first Hartnell episodes so well that it stirred all manner of warm and fuzzy memories of watching them with my mother when I was a very, very small child.

Doctor Who nostalgia, Mr Men nostalgia and some smile-worthy whimsy. Definitely worth it for the feelings.
Leonardo
Hargreaves' beautiful new version for children and Whovians alike of the travels of "that mysterious adventurer in all time and space" aptly kicks off with Doctor First (and his frown, he, he, very clever) searching for his lost grandaughter. In his search through 1960s London, he faces hippies, a fake alien (a cat), and true aliens (Cybermen). This book is both truthful to the series and to the Hargreaves style and sense of humour... a truly timey-wimey meeting.
Tim
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
What a great combination. Dr Who & Mr Men is a perfect joyful mashup. The art work is perfect and captures the character of Susan and the First Doctor very well. The detail in the stories although only short is spot on. This is perfect for children or adults. I can't wait to read the rest in the series.
Megan
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I did like it. It kept the spirit of the 1st Doctor's era. My only complaint really is that the Cybermen were featured. They were only in the last episode for Hartnell and it was the first time he had seen Cybermen. The story seems to take place before The Unearthly Child.
Richard Harrison
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty damn charming, lots of fun to read to my two year old who ran off with it shortly after I was done. The nerd in me needs to point out that Susan never met the Cybermen but that’s a forgivable error.
Emily Ross
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so cute. The Doctor is in a bad mood, which is made even worse after he loses Susan, and then throw in some Cybermen. It was really funny, and though I’m way above the age range of the book, I did really enjoy it.
Mel
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, gift
Nice simple story with the doctor and Susan. I think kids would enjoy this but it does seem to be more for adults with a sense of nostalgia. I think he did a better job with Hartnell's doctor's characterisation than the BBC did at Christmas!
Kieran McAndrew
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The First Doctor faces down the Cybermen after reluctantly landing on Earth with Susan.

A fun children's mashup between Mister Men and Doctor Who.
Tasha
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves Doctor Who!
Shelves: books-i-own, doctor
This book is a really cute way to introduce kids to The Doctor! It's all about how grumpy Doctor #1 lands on Earth and meets some hippies. LOLOLOLOL!
Rachel Redhead
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Susan, cybermen and no smacked bottoms
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ha! Who knew there were Dr. Who Mr. Man books??? I wanna read them all!
Kate
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, picture-books
Anne
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These Dr./Mr. crossover books are awesome! Once again I chortled, I laughed out loud, I demand more! I may even get the Doctors I don't have any particular fondness for. That's how amusing these are.
Peter
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This idea is one of the best things ever. It you have even a passing fondness for The Doctor, read these, you will not be disappointed. (Also, it will only take you a few minutes.)
Claire Benham
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kids and I loved this
Maggie Hesseling
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Mr. Men reimagined as Doctor Who! And exactly the way I remember the 1st doctor to be .. a bit of a grouch. A fun small story!
Tim Gray
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fab idea, gorgeous little book. read it whilst I was at a friends and wishes I'd had time to read more. Hardcore Whovians more likely to give it the 5 stars, but almost anyone should enjoy it.
Alicia Pearson
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute as heck.
Timo
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: timo
Doctor Who has been fun since the beginning and this one was a cute different take on that one. Giggle.
  • The Doctor: His Lives and Times
  • Mafalda: Las fiestas
  • The Bumper Book of Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #4.75)
  • Tag & Bink Were Here (Star Wars)
  • Graphic Classics, Volume 1: Edgar Allan Poe
  • Doctor Who: The Shadow of the Scourge
  • Guess What?
  • Doctor Who: The Apocalypse Element
  • Doctor Who: Blood of the Daleks, Part 2
  • Nevermore (Classical Eye)
  • The Magic Shop
  • Boy
Adam Hargreaves is an English author and illustrator. The son of Roger Hargreaves, he continues his father's popular Mr. Men series of children's books. Hargreaves also served as inspiration for the series. When at the age of six he asked his father "What does a tickle look like?", Roger used that question to create the first book, Mr. Tickle.

Doctor Who meets Mr Men and Little Miss (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dr. Second
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Third (Roger Hargreaves)
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Fourth (Roger Hargreaves)
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Fifth
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Sixth (Roger Hargreaves)
  • Dr. Seventh
  • Dr. Eighth
  • Dr. Ninth
  • Dr. Tenth
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Eleventh (Roger Hargreaves)