Start by marking “Doctor Who: Dr. Twelfth (Roger Hargreaves)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Dr. Twelfth (Roger Hargreaves)

Doctor Who: Dr. Twelfth

(Doctor Who meets Mr Men and Little Miss #12)

The greatest mash-up in the entire Whoniverse is here! Doctor Who meets Roger Hargreaves' Mr Men in this new series of stories, written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves.

In Dr. Twelfth, join the Twelfth Doctor and Missy on an amazing new adventure through time and space . . .
Published April 25th 2017 by BBC Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

James
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series of Mr Men derived Doctor Who books (one for each Doctor) is great fun - aimed particularly at fans of Doctor Who and the Mr Men alike.

From the pen of Adam Hargreaves (author, illustrator) who is the son of original Mr Men creator Roger Hargreaves.

Light-hearted and fun stories with lovely Mr Men style illustrations - the whole series (12 Doctors) is now available.
Fran
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Watch it animated and read by Michelle Gomez here:
Nayeli
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, this is a book for children but I enjoyed it. It's very short like all Hargreaves books (Mr. Men and Little Misses) but it doesn't disappoint. Of course I'm a Doctor Who fan and I particularly like the 12th Doctor, so it was extra fun for me. Only thing is that it's only The Doctor and Missy, no companions, I guess they didn't know which one to choose? Hopefully they'll make more stories, I'd like to see Clara Oswald and Bill Potts in Mr. Men/Little Miss form.
Wart Hill
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
these are entirely too much fun
Joey Woolfardis
No one has ever been better suited to be a Mr Men than Peter Capaldi. Just check out that hooter.
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thought this fit the 12th Doctor well and made me giggle. Definitely helping my Goodreads challenge out.
Geneva
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay, so I was at the bookstore in the science fiction section eavesdropping on a young teen boy mansplaining science fiction to a young teen girl (note: The young teen girl had just picked up a copy of Leviathan Wakes and had already decided to buy it and he was all "Are you sure? That's pretty hard-core sci fi" and I was standing by in case she needed to be rescued but, after that, he more went into why he liked the book so I left it alone) and, in order to look as if I were doing Important Li ...more
Rachael
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Rachael by: Paul
Well, that was fun. The ending was a bit abrupt and I would have liked more. (view spoiler) The best thing about this is that you can find it on YouTube narrated by Missy herself and it will only take 5 minutes: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmKk2e...
ArwendeLuhtiene
Twelfth Doctor+Missy+'Best enemies' interactions+cute drawings+read by Michelle Gomez=Win/Win
Cherie (Myst)
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute Mr Men book Doctor Who style :). A quick fun read for any fan of the Doctor.
Tim
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the fourth of these books that I have read now. I really like this mashup of Dr Who and Mr Men/Little Miss. This is about the Twelfth Doctor and features Missy. It is a fun story but I wish Clara or Bill featured in this story.
I look forward to the next four books being released in August.
Michael Mills
Apr 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, humour
A fluffy bit of nonsense – perhaps just that little bit too fluffy – but hard to knock what is presumably meant as a silly gift to the Doctor Who fan in your life.

I can't imagine going out and buying the rest of the set, but I can imagine chuckling as I unwrap them under the tree.
Ken
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Out of the modern Doctor's this one has been my favorite. Capaldi looks weirdly perfect as this character.

The story zips along at a fun fast pace, and with Missy being the protagonist there's some great lines between the pair.
Ben Truong
Dr. Twelfth is a children's picture book written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves and is a part of the Doctor Who Meets Mr Men and Little Miss series, which tells a story about the Twelfth Doctor chasing Missy throughout time to stop her from stealing various priceless objects and ponder what her nefarious plan. Today is National Dr Who/T.A.R.D.I.S. Day (23 November) and I thought it would be apropos to read this today.

The text is rather simple and straightforward. Hargreaves aptly captured th
Rachel Redhead
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's not a long book, but it gets the characterization of the 12th Doctor spot on, and Missy is a welcome addition too, she's up to all sorts of no good. I know I'm not the target audience but I think it would be a great book for young readers to enjoy.
Clare
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love thee little books. Funny little story about Peter Capaldis doctor. Loved it ...
Susan
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read2017, favorites
aw these books are so cute!
CuteBadger
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
My favourite Doctor in an adventure with Missy.
Kate
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, picture-books
Luke
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kieran McAndrew
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The Twelfth Doctor must teach Missy a lesson.

A fun children's mashup between Mister Men and Doctor Who.
Dayna
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I JUST WANT MY LUNCH!!!!
Richard Harrison
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one ends on a bit of a cliffhanger. We never did learn what Missy was up to. Not sure if this is a meta-commentary on Steven Moffat’s plotting?
Brian
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids, sci-fi
maybe I haven't watched enough of this Doctor yet, but not my favorite in this series.
Rob
  • Doctor Who: The Land of the Dead
  • Doctor Who: The Fearmonger
  • Doctor Who: The Marian Conspiracy
  • Doctor Who: Through Time and Space
  • Doctor Who: Salt of the Earth (Time Trips)
  • Doctor Who: The Dalek Handbook
  • Doctor Who: The One Doctor
  • Doctor Who: Phantasmagoria
  • Doctor Who: The Genocide Machine
  • Doctor Who: Players
Adam Hargreaves is an English author and illustrator. The son of Roger Hargreaves, he continues his father's popular Mr. Men series of children's books. Hargreaves also served as inspiration for the series. When at the age of six he asked his father "What does a tickle look like?", Roger used that question to create the first book, Mr. Tickle.

Doctor Who meets Mr Men and Little Miss (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Doctor Who: Dr. First (Roger Hargreaves)
  • Dr. Second
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Third (Roger Hargreaves)
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Fourth (Roger Hargreaves)
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Fifth
  • Doctor Who: Dr. Sixth (Roger Hargreaves)
  • Dr. Seventh