Start by marking “Edge of Yesterday (Edge Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Yesterday (Edge Series, #1)

Edge of Yesterday

(Edge #1)

Two of Scottish romance’s most loved authors have joined pens to write a thrilling new time travel series filled with passion, danger, and intrigue. These never-before-published novels will sweep you to Scotland’s Highland Heatheredge, where magic is real, time is relevant, and there is no escape from desire…

Men are disappearing in the Highland crofting village of Heather
Published December 27th 2016 by Broken Arm Publishing (first published December 26th 2016)

Olga therebelreader
DNF...

I just couldn't finish this no matter how hard I tried to go through with it.
I'm 21% into the book, and I don't care what happens to the characters, I'm done.

photo teliki8_zpslqvaousv.jpg
Pam
Jan 01, 2017 marked it as arc-up-next
Shelves: arc, netgalley
ARC kindly provided by Broken Arm Publishing, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.
Fani
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
“He had to be dreaming. He had vivid dreams, but this? …. This was no dream.”

Usually in historical romances where there is time travel, the heroine is the one who travels back in time. In the “Edge of yesterday” we see that it is the hero who goes back in time and I must say I really liked the idea of putting a modern man, with better views about the equality of genders, in a historical society where it was expected from women to obey and men to rule.

In fact I wouldn’t mind at all if the au
Kelly Schnorrbusch
3 stars. An average time-travel story, with an interesting plot but drawn-out delivery. I was about to jump ship on this book when it started to pick up about halfway through.

Cailean Ross is a modern day man that (conveniently) is a champion swordsman participating in medieval reenactments. We begin at The Gathering, a reenactment festival with historical roots in Heatheredge, Scotland. Heatheredge takes their preparations for the Gathering very seriously, so much so that they entire town goes
Caitlyn Lynch
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-historical
A fascinating role reversal!

Almost always in time-travel or alternate-universe romances it's the heroine who goes back in time or gets thrown into a different dimension (Outlander being the most famous example). Usually, the heroine has to use her ingenuity to get by and the hero falls in love with her after she demonstrates some amazing modern skill (again, see Outlander).

This story is a really interesting take on that where this time, it's the man who gets sent back in time. Fortunately, he's
Lynn Worton
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new historical time-travel romance series written by Tarah Scott and Sue-Ellen Welfonder. I am a huge fan of Tarah Scott's books, so when I found out she was co-writing this series with Sue-Ellen Welfonder, I became curious and decided to give this book a go. I am glad I did because I loved it!

Cailean Ross is a modern day professor who also happens to be a world champion swordsman. I wasn't sure if I liked him at first as he came across as conceited and a little full
Anne
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW what a great book! Characters you will remember for a long time. This story is SO good loved every minute. These immortal guardians are excellent as well as the magic etc and the horrible evil character. Not to be missed.
Wanda Hartzenberg
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book with it's historical premise had me enchanted from the start.
I still want to do a bit more research regarding the specific events discussed here but the info supplied was enough to get me interested.

This book was written by two author but reading it you would never be able to tell that. It is fluid, engaging and the main protagonists, likeable and well enough developed to get me to start rooting for them from the start.

Oh and the evil bloke....he is a real bad guy, the type you love to
Faye Lawson
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How does one handle when your tomorrows become yesterday?

Do you panic? Do you doubt? Or do you go with the flow? Our hero did all, but one thing we learned from the very beginning, he is a survivor! In the progression of this story the authors introduced us to knights of the Scottish realm, hair-raising adventures, and magic as performed by an evil wizard! I am left clambering for more! Please don't have me waiting for more in the tale!!!
Maree Repa
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Back to the Future

Five Amazing Stars

I was completely thrilled to receive the first to enjoy the first series of Edge in this most exciting romantic adventure. Written by two wonderful popular authors around, Sue Ellen Welfonder and Tara Scott. With this most passionate romantic Scottish series. A complete historical time travel piece that was just too hard to put down!!

Living in the modern day Heatheredge, Scottish Highlands, Cailean Ross lived as a great swords man. I thought that he was very f
Nixie Gray
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Who hasn’t heard that saying a hundred times? It’s a known fact that what you may think you want isn’t always all it’s cracked up to be. For Cailean Ross his love of medieval fairs and swordplay are about to become more than just a tad bit real.

Cailean Ross is a champion swordsman and jouster who spends his free time traveling to and participating in medieval reenactments and fairs. The pinnacle of his hobby takes place in the village
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Edge of Yesterday' by Tarah Scott is book one in the " Edge' Series. This is the story of Cailean Ross and Julianna Mackay. This has time travel, a mystery and a very good love story. For me it has everything I enjoy in a romance. It was definitely one book you couldn't not put down and wanted to see what happens next. I thought also Cailean and Julianna were good main characters. There is a cliffhanger of sorts to set you up for the next book....which I can't wait to read!
"My honest review is
Becky Burciaga
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't normally read historical or even time travel stories, but with the two combined here, this one intrigued me...I'm glad I read it. The role reversal of the normal in historical romances was refreshing...the time travel also handled differently than has been the norm was captivating. An overall enjoyable story that transports the reader through time to where you can loose yourself in another time and place.

This ARC book was complimentary, provided by the Publisher and NetGalley. I am volu
Kathy
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Modern day Highlander's trip in time

Cailean finds himself thrust back in time to medieval times when as part of a reenactment of the past goes a bit too far. Lucky for the twenty-first century Highlander he has one of the best sword arms seen in the future and the past as he is soon called upon to live or die by the sword. As fate would have it the lovely Juliann is the recipient of his multiple acts of bravery as their story and journey to love unfolds.

the ending does a nice job of setting up t
poppy
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Super read i loved this book sucked me in right from the start could not put it down.Just wish it had not ended on a cliff hanger cant wait for the next one
Brenda
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Publisher's Description:

Men are disappearing in the Highland crofting village of Heatheredge. The authorities suspect foul play, but without signs of violence—or bodies—they can’t prove a th
April
Edge of Yesterday by Tarah Scott and Sue-Ellen Welfonder is a magical Time Travel and more. Book 1 in the new and thrilling "Edge" series. Set against the back drop of Scotland’s Highland Heatheredge, where magic and time are relevant.
Men are disappearing from a small village, with no bodies, or signs of violence, how can foul play be involved?

This is Cailean Ross, a world champion swordsman and Julianna Mackay, who flees a man she fears is an evil wizard's tale.

The plot flows seamlessly. The
Petula
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cailean Ross has waited years, and perfected his craft to be invited to the best tournament in Scotland. It is just as good as he always hoped it would be. Now he intends to be the champion. He doesn't know just how realistic everything will be.
Lad Juliana Grray witnesses something she shouldn't. That puts her in grave danger from a very evil man.
This is an absolutely marvellous time travel story, with lots of adventure. The whole story is one you just want to jump into and join the fun, until
Kathryn Rose

GalaxyGirlReviews

Received an ARC copy for an honest review.

Time travel novels have always been some of my all time favorites. I've read quite a few novels where women have gone back in time, fell in love with a knight or a prince, and lived happily ever after. This, however, was an extraordinary change. We instead find a man Cailean Ross, who is a champion swordsman, thrust back into a magical medieval Scotland. Men are disappearing but no one knows where they've gone or why it's happening and he's fallen rig
Amanda Richardson
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Edge of Yesterday" is a collaboration between Sue-Ellen Welfonder and Tarah Scott that is so much fun to read. Cailean Ross is visiting Heatheredge's medieval village and competing in the contests. He is impressed by the village and how it transforms into a medieval village almost over night. He loves it.
During a historical reenactment, Cailean finds himself smack dab in 14th century Scotland. When Heatheredge village WAS a medieval village. He quickly meets and helps save Julianna from a susp
Estelle
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I loved this world. I loved the charm, the struggle's and how evil and still half unexplained the reason for the evil character is. I can guess but I am sure I would be guessing wrong.

I really loved this book and for once in a romance I needed to pay attention. I loved that as well.

I can really recommend this book.
Lia
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Edge of Yesterday
5 *****

I loved this book, how can you go wrong with hot men in kilts. Chilean I an old world Scottish Swordsman and is showing his skills at a month long reenactment until things keep happening that can't be explained. Bam Chilean has traveled in time and literally runs into Lady Julianna. She is running for her life and he will defend her honor no questions asked. Follow these two loveable Characters as they travel distance and time to unravel the mystery surrounding them.
Lady
Debbie Glenn Brown
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Champion swordsman Cailean Ross is attending reenactment of a lifetime of Heatheredge’s medieval reenactment of the Gathering. His fantasy soon turns into reality when he’s taken back 600 years in time and he comes to the rescue and saves Julianna Mackay who’s fleeing a man she fears is an evil wizard. He soon realizes he has to fight to the death in order to survive. People have been disappearing in both worlds and Cailean finds himself among the ‘missing’ statistics. He knows if he ever wants ...more
Peta Benjamin
It has been a long while since I have read a good Scottish historical romance. This one was even better because of the time travel involved. Found it very hard to put this book down, it was so exciting. The writing was excellent and the content was brilliant. I loved Julianna and Lennox and Cailean is to die for. Bing a time travel book, there are many twists and turns and trying to figure them out just makes this book more exciting. I very much look forward to book two , Edge of Today. Thank yo ...more
Eniko
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t stop reading, I could not put it down, the whole time I was in suspense waiting to see what happens next, loved the buildup, the story is amazing. The characters mesh well, loved the interactions between Cailean and Julianna. Made me laugh thought how long it took Cailean to realize he was not in his time anymore, it created quite a few interesting moments for him. The ending was surprising… a good one, I promise
Barbi Davis
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow ! Wow and just Wow. This is the best book ever. You can't put it down. You think of these wonderful characters all day. It is so historically correct. You are in 14 th century Scotland. Sue-Ellen and Tarah have out done themselves. I almost cried at the end. Because I didn't want to stop reading about Julianna, Cailean and Lennox. I very very highly recommend this book !!!
Janet Swiftbird
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read!

Wow a true page turner. I was so disappointed when I read the last page and that was the end.
This is a fantastic time travel book. There is suspense, intrigue and hold your breath adventure in every page. Plus a fair amount of HEA that leaves you hanging.
I am anxiously awaiting the next book in the series, it can't come soon enough for me.
Jennifer Becker
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
it was very slow moving at first and finally picked up over halfway through. Lennox was my favorite. Cailean is very likeable and Julianne is everything a highland lass should be. decent action. can't say I'm a big fan of cliffhangers though.
Dawn
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What happens when two historical scottish writers collaborate on a time travel series ? Books that the reader can not put down. Settle into a comfortable chair with snacks because you won't want to move until the last page is turned.

Received authors copy. Opinions are entirely my own.
Cynthia Sandoval
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like the book it was a good story can't wait for second book
« previous 1 3 next »
Sue-Ellen Welfonder is a card-carrying Scotophile whose burning wish to make frequent (free) trips to the land of her dreams led her to a twenty year career with the airlines. Bi-lingual, she flew international all those years, working her flights as foreign language speaker. Her flying career allowed her to see the world, but it was always to Scotland that she returned.

Now a full-time writer, sh