Start by marking “The First Vagabond: Rise of a Hero - Cedric's Story: Part 1 (Ourean Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:

The First Vagabond: Rise of a Hero - Cedric's Story: Part 1

(The Ourean Chronicles #2)

Unlock the dark beginnings of Ourea's most famous political players in this Grimoire Saga origins series.

Ourean legends of the First Vagabond have survived a thousand years, blossoming in pubs and alleys even as the great Bloods of Ourea tried to squelch his name. But the myths glorify the deeds and forget the man he was—Cedric, a boy from a small Hillsidian farming vill
Published November 17th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The First Vagabond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Vagabond

Start your review of The First Vagabond: Rise of a Hero - Cedric's Story: Part 1 (Ourean Chronicles #2)
Becky
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it, can't wait for the next!

I love stories of Ourea and the creatures and especially the Vagabond! Was quite a fan of The Lichgates (Grimoire) series and am so happy to finally get some back story on the Vagabond. Cedric is a bit different than I imagined but now so much makes more sense. Thank you S.M. Boyce and hurry up with the next story please.
Donna
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm about halfway through. I wish I'd read it before the other books in the series because I know what happens to Helen which makes me disinclined to keep reading. I may finish it someday but for now I'm on to a different author.
Joel Crofoot
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great prequel!

The First Vagabond tells the story to Cedric, from his perspective using the third person narrative, as he undertakes the adventures that set him on the path to becoming the hero of Ourea. It enlightens the reader about his relationship with Stone, and how that relationship plays into his meeting Helen and freeing other Vagabonds from their bonds of slavery. As this is a prequel to the Lichgates series, S.M. Boyce also strives to explain some of the nuances of the series, while s
Lana
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book about Cedric, as it fills in a lot of background history both about Cedric himself, his relationship and training with Stone and the start of the rebellion. Must admit that i expected Cedric to be more forceful as a character considering how he used to talk to Kara when he made her the second vagabond after a thousand years and I think she was a stronger vagabond than he really ever was, no wonder she succeeded in what he failed to accomplish. I was also disappointed in the way ...more
Faith Lowery
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cedric's story

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel & peeking into the life and mind of the first vagabond. It was great revisiting characters from earlier in the series as well as delving into new ones previously hardly mentioned. This was a vibrant, page turner, I found difficult to put down (& frankly only did when life got in the way!) So well written, I could feel thee emotions,hear the voices, and forget I was reading a book. I was sad to see it end, and can't wait for what comes next!
Brandon
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I love Boyce and all of her work. I have been waiting for this book to release for a while. It was worth the wait.

Cedric's story is a great follow up to the Grimoire Saga. It answered about if questions but still felt like its own adventure.

I can't wait to read the next part of this story.
Jennifer Brown
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great adventure, well worth the read to see where Cedric came from. Suchhumble beginnings created a noble hero. I have enjoyed the series and all the diverse characters in places.
I recommend this series for anyone who enjoys great fantasy adventures.
Reba Rhynland
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An unlikely hero

I love Boyce's writing. I can hear, see and feel every nuance in her stories. Every bit of fear, joy, sorrow. . . I look forward to the next in this series.
NancyMagaly
Apr 26, 2020
Donna Ward
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cedric is Awesome!

This book answered a lot of questions as to how The First Vagabond came to be... I really wish I had read this book before I started the Series.. Grimiore Saga... I Loved it and the entire series. S. M. Boyce is an Amazing Writer!! Definitely Recommend this book!!!
Wendy Thorpe
Oct 08, 2014
Nikki
Oct 08, 2014
S.M. Boyce
Oct 09, 2014 marked it as my-novels  ·  (Review from the author)
Oct 12, 2014
Malerie
Jul 21, 2015

• Doll House
  • The Underword Saga Box Set: Books 7-9
  • Shamed (Kate Burkholder, #11)
  • The Sisters (Cormac Reilly, #0.5)
  • The Underworld Saga: Books 4-6
  • Haunting the Haunted (A Marie Jenner Mystery Book 6)
  • Dragontiarna: Gates
  • Shield Knight: Two Thieves
  • The Uncooperative Warrior (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont, #2)
  • The Housewife Assassin's Deadly Dossier (The Housewife Assassin #0.5)
  • The Defiant Magician (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont, #3)
  • Beowulf
  • Dying Light (Logan McRae, #2)
  • Thaddeus Whiskers and the Dragon
  • Tiger Lily
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
  • Nightshade
  • Spells and Spirits: An Urban Fantasy Collection
When S. M. Boyce graduated with a degree in creative writing, she realized that made her well-qualified for serving French fries. It would take years of writing hundreds of thousands of words of all kinds before she became the fantasy and horror novelist she is today.

Boyce is known for action-packed epic fantasy, powerful heroes, and riveting magical stories filled with twists and intrigue. And, o

The Ourean Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Misanthrope: Stone’s Story (The Ourean Chronicles #1)
  • The First Vagabond: Fall of a Legend (The Ourean Chronicles #3)
  • The Demon: Deidre’s Story (The Ourean Chronicles, #4)