Start by marking “Ultraviolet (Jane Kelly, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ultraviolet (Jane Kelly, #3)

Ultraviolet

(Jane Kelly #3)

Published October 1st 2007 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published 2007)

Conni Harness
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another good read by this author. I'm loving this Jane Kelly series. And I'm really hoping there's more to come in the story line. This Book ends in a cliff-hanging unresolved way. Many loose ends that could still carry a story maybe more. Keep dreaming, creating,& writing!
Joan
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved this Jane Kelley series, wish more would come out!
Fiona Forthe
The heroine is a fun character, and it's an enjoyable read. Not particularly deep or twisty, it's a fun vacation book.
Meredith
Dec 15, 2007 rated it liked it
Number: 2
Rating: C+
ISBN: 9780758209092
Series: #3 Jane Kelly

Synopsis www.bn.com

For process server-turned-private investigator, Jane Kelly, weddings are murder. Usually that's a metaphor, but for newly minted P.I. Jane Kelly, it's fast becoming an all-too-accurate nightmare. Roland Hatchmere, plastic surgery magnate, has been found murdered just before his daughter's society wedding. The weapon is a wedding gift: a heavy, silver serving tray. The prime suspect is Roland's ex-wife #2: Violet "Ultra
Rhonda
Mar 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Janet Evanovich
Dwayne Durban is head of his own private investigative firm; he has taken Jane Kelly on as his apprentice so she not only is a process server but she gets to work cases. Right now Jane is working all the cases because Dwayne is immobilized with a broken leg and he has taken up voyeurism spying with his binoculars at the neighbors across the street. Dwayne thinks one of the girls is in trouble and he wants Jane to investigate the tens who uses an empty home as a hang out.

While she is doing that
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Dec 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Finally, Jane's career takes off in this third installment of the ongoing Jane Kelly mystery series. Now that Jane's a full partner, and temporarily lead investigator, in Dwayne's "investigation specialist" business, she's got all kinds of action coming her way. Throw in a murder mystery involving Violet Purcell, some sinister teenage hi-jinks, a variety of cell-phone mishaps, and the ever important question of who's going to provide Jane's next free meal, and you wonder when the poor woman has ...more
 Gigi Ann
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
Last year I read Nancy Bush's book "Electric Blue" and really liked it, so this year I thought I would read this book of her's "Ultra Violet." I really struggled this whole week to get this book read, I just couldn't get into it for some reason. Everytime I started to read it I got really sleepy, and had to put it down and go do something else. It just seemed like my synapses in my brain weren't connecting, and I couldn't connect with the story. But I managed to finish it today.

I do know one of
Lori
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series is right up there with the Stephanie Plum series for me. I can't wait until the next book comes out.

Jane is in charge so to speak in this book still since Dwayne's leg is still in the cast. She has taken a case for Violet to help prove who killed Violet's ex-husband. Jane is supposed to prove Violet's innocence but her dislike of the woman keeps getting in her way and she thinks she might have been the one to do it. But she has a job to do and so begins questioning everybody that was
Lindsey
May 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
Jane Kelly is investigating a murder. a fellow with three ex-wives - all former "escorts", kicks the bucket just hours before his bratty daughter's wedding. one of the exes is under suspicion - and it is this same ex that hires Jane Kelly, in an effort to prove her innocence

there are two separate mysteries going on, actually. the first one wrapped up in a rush, i felt. i didn't get a lot of closure from it. then suddenly, a bad guy from the primary mystery - who i hardly had time to dislike, his
Stephanie
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it
This is the third book in the Jane Kelly series, written in 2007, the author's website says hopefully there will be more coming. This is a good mystery series, I've enjoyed all three books. Took me a little to get into this one, thought the last half was much faster paced.

Couple non-issue things that actually bugged me though were: the quote on the cover was from Lisa Jackson who is Nancy Bush's sister -- come on, find someone not related to you for a review. And second the opening sentence did
Joan
May 21, 2009 rated it liked it
The looney Purcell family from the first of the series, Electric Blue, is back. This time, the focus is on Violet Purcell, rich and trying to avoid a murder rap involving the death of her husband. As always, Jane Kelly is the reluctant investigator in this case. I enjoy the series, but the plot twists and Jane's constant dithering about her profession and her love life sometimes detract from the plot and the characterization; her relationship with her boss, Dwayne is getting to be a bit annoying ...more
Susan
Hmmm... I think I liked this one. Overall, it was a good read. I think I also liked the protagonist, Jane Kelly. But, occasionally, I was annoyed with her too. She is a bit whiny and I really got tired of her self put downs. E.g. she decided that not liking to use a cell phone was a 'character flaw.'. Really?

At some point, I really would like to read a mystery series with a female protagonist who is not also somewhat-to-completely neurotic. This series is not it. That said, I think I will read
Pamela
Jun 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
As usual, I enjoyed this book in the Jane Kelly mystery series by Nancy Bush. I have heard the main character compared to Stephanie Plum--I see a resemblance in the close-to-30 law-enforcement female. But whereas the Stephanie Plum books make me laugh out loud with her crazy friends and crazier situations, these are just simply enjoyable. No laughing out loud, but they are entertaining, enjoyable reading.
Julia
Apr 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Jane Kelly is officially working for boss Dwayne Durbin as an investigator, while getting her PI license. Dwayne, still in a full leg cast, pulls some Rear Window like spying on the houses across the lake. Jane is pulled into a teenage drama in an abandoned house, while helping investigate the death of Violet Purcell's third (ex)husband.
Joyce
Mar 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Women who like mysteries
Another new author for me, I think. After reading a while I realized I have read two others in the series. They are good mysteries, but the heroine is no Stephanie Plum or VI... The books are often amusing, but not as overtly funny as the Plum's. However the plots are good and will hold your interest. I will read more of her books.
Nikki
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I started off a little out of order, I suppose, but I really enjoyed this book! It was reminiscent of the Nancy Drew mysteries that I devoured as a young adult and I couldn't put this down. A great find at the dollar store has piqued my interest in a new author whose books I haven't read before, but definitely plan to in the future. =)
Katie
Dec 17, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the best of the three Jane Kelly books in my opinion. The main mystery was interesting enough to keep me reading. There was a side plot about high schoolers that was completely unnecessary and seemed to only serve as filler to pad the book. If there's a fourth Jane Kelly book, I will probably read it.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Jan 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-read
It took me a while to read in part because I couldn't get into at first and I was also busy watching 12 episodes of True Blood. LOL
It's a good mystery. Not stupid. It's a bit funny. I did figure out who the murderer was by process of elimination but the motive wasn't clear till the very end. I hope Ms. Bush writes more of this series but it doesn't look like it. :(
Alissa
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-reviewed
Unfortunately, I read this without realizing it was the third in the series. It still seemed to explain enough to keep me reading the story. There were times when it felt as though something was left out.
The book was a easy read with some humorous parts. I am going to try to read the first in the series.
Kristen
Nov 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Entertaining read for the holiday weekend. Overall Jane, the main character is believable and likable and there aren't any of the "cops think she did it" or thinly veiled reasons to get involved that can plague these cozy mysteries. There are two mysteries here and I wasn't totally satisfied with how the one with the high schoolers was wrapped up, but overall a good story.
L-V
Feb 14, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: have-read-it
This was my first time reading this author. I liked the title and the book cover! I was hoping it would be a little like Janet Evanovich, who I can't get enough of.
She's not like Stephanie Plum, but I did enjoy the story.
Tonya
Sep 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime
I really enjoyed this book. Bush writes characters I can relate to (hello empty fridge, because I'm too lazy to go shopping!), and they are all slightly crazy and fun. Another great read in the Jane Kelly Series!
Halle
Jun 15, 2012 rated it liked it
The book was very standard for this series. It was fun and kept me reading. I was disappointed in the lack of conclusion at the end of the book. I hope to see another book in this series, I still have so many questions left unanswered.
Rebecca
May 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
When the reviewer, Lisa Jackson, says, "Move over Stephanie Plum and Kinsey Milhone, Jane Kelly has arrived," she's not kidding. Bush's female PI is fiesty, funny, and a bit odd. All 3 books in the growing series are great reads.
Jan 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book but leaves you hanging as the series doesn't seem to continue.
Veronica
Mar 30, 2009 rated it liked it
This Jane Kelly mystery is similiar to Stehanie Plum but not as funny and with more of a mystery to solve. Light read
Kristi
Jun 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, harrowing, and a little pug thrown in. This was a really good book! Has anyone noticed that this book actually has 393 pages, not 320?
Temperance
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
blah. needed a better editor. minor story lines did not add much to main story. this book was disappointing.
Sally Sinclair
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun book. Love Jane & Dwayne. Laugh out loud funny + cool cozy mystery to solve. ❤ ...more
Lauri
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
I've really enjoyed Jane and the rest of the quirky characters in this series. Hopefully Nancy Bush will pick them back up soon because I need some resolution with Dwayne!

• A Fall in Denver (Em Hansen Mystery, #2)
  • Dressed to Keel (A Darcy Cavanaugh Mystery #1)
  • A Dose of Murder (Pauline Sokol Mystery #1)
  • Best Served Cold (Trailer Park Mystery, #3)
  • Day of the Dragon
  • Toast Mortem (Hemlock Falls Mysteries, #16)
  • Run Among Thorns
  • Well Bred and Dead (A High Society Mystery, #1)
  • Zoned for Murder
  • Raiders of the Lost Corset (Crime of Fashion, #4)
  • How I Spent My Summer Vacation (Amanda Pepper, #5)
  • A Small Case of Murder (Joshua Thornton Mystery, #1)
  • Homegrown Whole Grains: Grow, Harvest, and Cook Wheat, Barley, Oats, Rice, Corn and More
  • Murder in the Abstract
  • Summer of Storms
  • Hunted
  • Snowed Inn (Who-Dun-Him Inn #1)
  • Miss Zukas and the Stroke of Death (Miss Zukas, #3)
Bestselling author Nancy Bush has had an eclectic writing career. She started her first story when she heard how young mothers were making money writing romance novels. She thought, “I can do that,” and talked her sister, bestselling author, Lisa Jackson, into joining her in her foray into writing. At the time Nancy was a young mother herself. Now, she says she's just…a mother.

Nancy began her care

Jane Kelly (3 books)
  • Candy Apple Red (Jane Kelly, #1)
  • Electric Blue (Jane Kelly, #2)
“Dwayne eyed the Szechuan noodles suspiciously and actually sniffed the container of chicken, arugula, corn and rice.” 4 likes