Start by marking “Too Scot to Handle (Windham Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
Too Scot to Handle (Windham Brides, #2)

Too Scot to Handle

(Windham Brides #2)

A MAN WITH MANY TALENTS

As a captain in the army, Colin MacHugh led men, fixed what was broken, and fought hard. Now that he's a titled gentleman, he's still fighting-this time to keep his bachelorhood safe from all the marriage-minded debutantes. Then he meets the intriguing Miss Anwen Windham, whose demure nature masks a bonfire waiting to roar to life. When she asks for
Mass Market Paperback, 346 pages
Published July 25th 2017 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Too Scot to Handle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Scot to Handle

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

After a sick childhood, Anwen is used to being fretted over and cosseted. However, when the orphanage and boys she's dedicated her time to are in financial straits, her inner fire is about to be seen by all.
Colin never wanted to be a duke's brother and learning how a lord is supposed to act is wearing. Discovering Anwen is not the quiet shy miss everyon
Katy
DNF 72%

Yeah...no.

I didn't DNF this because I just couldn't read another page, I did it because I just didn't want to. It is a completely average book filled with absolutely terrible people. While I was reading it, I kept going because I wanted to see shitty people finally get their comeuppance. That's usually gratifying enough. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of putting it down for two days. When I finally did pick it back up I just couldn't muster up the energy to care.

Plot: Terrible people
Stacey is Sassy

No rest for the red-haired and weary…

I’m getting the impression that having red hair was considered a disability… ummm… default… ahh… issue, back in the day. Oh, they stood out alright. Some women with red hair were even considered fiery and beautiful. But, for the most part, women with red hair were looked on with pity, like there was something wrong with them. To me, it’s kind of weird. It’s not like you have a choice with the hair colour you're born with. Maybe it’s a case of not being happy
Esther
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Rating between 3.5

ARC provided by NetGalley and Publisher for an honest review.

What a sweet and adult like romance. Both MC interacted and communicated in a manner that was enjoyable and low in the drama/conflict scale. The hero, Colin and the heroine Anwen treated each other with respect. The family interaction was fun and sweet.

Colin, was in the military until he became a titled gentlemen. He had to learn how to traverse through the process and deal with society's rules along with all the do'
Mei
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
This series can be named “Regency England Vademecum”! :)

At the beginning nothing very important happens, but the writing is just perfect if you want to know what the title gentlemen and ladies don’t do during their days and nights….

They drink tea, they endlessly talk about nothing whatsoever…

They change dresses like 10 times a day!! And not only women, but men too! O_O

They go strolling in the parks…

And in between all these activities, there’s a romance going on in between…

The hero and the heroi
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
In all honesty, this isn’t my typical read. I read romance. I read historical fiction. I don’t typically read historical romance and if I do it isn’t Harlequin-esque. However, I won this book in a giveaway and thought I would give it a chance.

I would give this book a 2.5 star rating. It was an okay read and those that read a lot of historical romances may enjoy this one. I would consider it average with predictable and expected outcomes. Heck, the family tree in the beginning of the book even gi
Caz
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've given this a B+ for narration and a B for content at AudioGals.

Grace Burrowes has returned to her popular Windham family for her latest series, the Windham Brideswhich follows the romantic fortunes of four sisters, the nieces of the Duke and Duchess of Moreland. The ladies are in London for the Season and are residing with their uncle and aunt while their parents – the duke’s brother and sister-in-law – have taken an extended holiday-cum-second honeymoon in Wales. As is the case with all
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
Right. I am done. I have taken enough Grace Burrowes hits for the team, she has taken enough of my money over her last three or four books and I cannot do it any more. I cannot take the mediocrity. I simply cannot and I will not.

See my reviews for: Ashton: Lord of Truth Daniel's True Desire The Trouble with Dukes His Lordship's True Lady And just press repeat and play on the criticisms for this book too.

I. Am. So. Bored.

Just, pffffffft. She desperately needs to take a step back and do some prop
Melanie
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Too Scot to Handle was a fantastic story with an absolutely delightful romance and I really enjoyed it!

Colin MacHugh is trying to navigate being a newly titled gentleman while keeping himself free from marriage. The one woman who intrigues him is Anwen Windham, his brother Hamish’s new wife’s youngest sister. When Anwen asks for his help with the orphanage she volunteers at, he’s more than willing to lend a hand. Soon the two are exploring their newfound relationship when an enemy sets out to de
Blodeuedd Finland
There are a lot of Windhams running around, and this series is about the Windham cousins. Sure people are mentioned but you do not need to have read about all those siblings finding love to enjoying this new series. Of course the more Windham the merrier and they are fun to read.

I liked Anwen. Not one thing wrong with her. A good head on her shoulder, sweet and she good with her orphans.

Colin, well nothing wrong with Colin either. Two really nice people who fitted each other perfectly! And they
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Too Scot to Handle was a charming and romantic getaway for me. I found this book to be very entertaining, funny, and adorable. This book was a wonderful addition to the Windham Brides Series.

The main character, Anwen, was someone I could easily relate to. Anwen was a more shy and reserved woman who does everything in her power to bring joy to those she cares about. She had an inner strength that gave her a feisty side when she needed it. The main male character, Colin, saw that inner fire in her
steph
Eh.

I got about 75% of the way in, couldn't keep going and jumped to the last two chapters to finish. This story was cute but ultimately it couldn't hold my interest. There was way too much going on and way too many other characters filling up the page. We got POV's from not only the hero and heroine but the best friend, uncle, cousin(s), sisters, orphan children, newly married brother and probably a few others I forgot to mention.

It was a bit much. I know this is part of a series (actually a spi
Angela
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
This got boring. Could have been a novella.
Cardyn Brooks
From page 298: "Your situation has all the earmarks of a Windham courtship," Rosecroft said. "Complicated, full of drama, and undoubtedly a case of true love. Welcome to the family."

That sums up Too Scot to Handle.
eyes.2c
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grace Burrowes does it again!

Oh the comfortableness that eventually comes between those who are matched in Burrowes' historical romances. This trope of the strong quiet man coming to know a woman who has been underrated is once more is in ascendancy. Burrowes excels at this mix!
These men wrap their loved ones in ease and warmth. They want to protect their women and do so without confining them. Burrowes has a wonderful way of giving us this.
This story was interesting in many ways.
The plight of
Barbara Rogers
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Series: Windham Brides #2
Publication Date: 7/25/17

I absolutely LOVE Grace Burrowes’ world. Yes, she has basically populated her own world. She has several series with dozens of books and in any given book, you might encounter characters from any of her other books or series. If you think about it, this just makes sense. After all, they are all existing in the same basic time and place so why wouldn’t they know or know of each other. I really like that she does that.

The Windham’s all believe in
Sophia
A quiet young English lady underestimated by everyone and a lively Scottish ex-soldier turned aristocrat who is trying to find his way in London Society are an unlikely pairing. More Windham fun and just enough villainy to make for an interesting story had me very delighted.

Too Scot to Handle is the second of the Windham Brides the spin-off series to the older Windhams series. One could get away with reading it out of order since the plot is standalone, but it makes better sense when read in ord
Belinda
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ms Burrowes has done it again. She has written a fabulous book about a hot Scot who is so brawny and handsome to boot. I really enjoyed reading this book because anything by the author is on my to read list. I liked the characters who had thoughts and feelings of their own. The story line kept my interest from first page. This is the second book of the Windham Brides series and can be read as a stand alone book.
Colin McHugh is the hot Scot who works for a living, but now has an English title tha
Hannah
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

Too Scot to Handle is book two of the Windham Brides series a spinoff series to Grace Burrowes' Windham Family series. I tell you I was a little intimidated when I opened the book and saw that big family tree, but it is safe to say I read this one just fine without reading the first book or the books in the previous series. The Windham Brides are four sisters, Elizabeth, Charlotte, Megan, and Anwen Windham they are cousins to the Windhams in the other series.

This book was so fun to re
Lady Wesley
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened
3.5 stars rounded up to 4 because of the excellent narration.

I listened to the audiobook edition, and James Langton did his usual excellent job (I just wish his female voices were less falsetto). I do believe that he has an accent for every county in the British Isles.

As often happens with Grace Burrowes' books, I enjoyed the experience and ended up with a happy smile on my face. Her characters are always interesting, and here she added the novelty of a group of orphan urchins.

As usual, she la
Sarah Marie
Fourth and Final Book for BookTubeAThon 2017 Completed!

Too Scot to Handle by Grace Burrowes

Second book in the Windham Brides series

Too Scot to Handle follows Anwen Windham, a red-headed firecracker who never gets to speak or mind due to her succumbing to near-death at a young age. Her over-protective sisters don’t allow her much freedom, but one place she is able to help is at the orphanage, The House of Urchins. Colin MacHugh sees through Anwen’s quiet nature and they find themselves

Lissy Liz
Ok historical.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: february-2018
I thought this book was super sweet. Both characters were extremely fluffy to each other.
Jessica Robbins
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, own-kindle
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
Janga
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Too Scot to Handle is the second of Burrowes’s Windham Bride books. Anwen is the sister of Megan, heroine of The Trouble with Dukes, the first book in the series, and Colin is the brother of Hamish, Duke of Murdoch, the hero of that book. There are some similarities between the two stories, but Anwen and Colin are very much their own persons. And likable, sympathetic persons they are. Theirs is a quiet love story that develops sweetly and persuasively with almost no internal conflict. I thought ...more
Erin Kelly
DNF
I tried, but after 5 chapters with virtually no relationship development, this just isn't for me.
Rose Blue
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: http://wp.me/p3QRh4-B3

Colin MacHugh is a wealthy, successful Scottish businessman, as well as a former soldier. Due to his brother, Hamish's, recent acquisition of a dukedom, Colin is now his heir, and has been elevated to "Lord" Colin. While he escorts his two sisters, he attempts to learn the ins and outs of English society. Anwen Windham is niece to the influential Duke of Moreland, more familiarly known as Percival to those of us who love and follow the Windham
Carole Rae
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up since I heard it was good (thanks Blodeuedd!) and it was on sale in Amazon on Black Friday. It is book 2 so my plan was to get it…find book 1 somewhere and then read this one. BUT after reading a couple of pages (just because I was curious…I SWEAR!) I was hooked. I am bad….I know.

Lucky me that this did well as a standalone. I am curious to read book 1 because the first couple seemed interesting and I want to learn more about them. I want to read book 3 next. I am not sure w
Liz F
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review copy courtesy of he publisher via NetGalley.

Oh it's been SO long since I've read a historical romance! How I've missed them! I think this book was a great way to reconnect!

When I read historical romances, I really like when the heroine is a little ahead of her time. Whether she has the audacity to have opinions or is well read or wants more than to just be a wife and broodmare, progressive heroines are so much fun to read. That's one of the main reasons I really enjoyed reading Anwen. She
Synopsis in Spanish // Sinopsis en Español 1 1 Nov 10, 2017 05:00PM
  • The Rogue of Islay Isle (Highland Isles, #2)
  • When the Scoundrel Sins (Capturing the Carlisles, #2)
  • Denying the Duke (Lords and Ladies in Love #3)
  • Her Highness and the Highlander (The Princess Brides, #2)
  • It's Hard Out Here for a Duke (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #4)
  • The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2)
  • Between the Devil and the Duke (Season for Scandal, #3)
  • Lady Rogue (The Royal Rewards #3)
  • A Duke in Shining Armor (Difficult Dukes, #1)
  • Marry in Scandal (Marriage of Convenience, #2)
  • Every Time with a Highlander (Sirens of the Scottish Borderlands, #3)
  • The Viscount Risks It All (Prelude to a Kiss, #4)
  • Sinful Scottish Laird (Highland Grooms, #2)
  • An Oath Taken (The Oath Trilogy, #1)
  • Night of the Highland Dragon (Highland Dragon, #3)
  • Waltz with a Stranger
  • Her Highland Rogue (Wild Highland Guardian, #1)
  • The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #2)
Grace Burrowes started writing as an antidote to empty nest and soon found it an antidote to life in general. She is the sixth out of seven children, raised in the rural surrounds of central Pennsylvania. Early in life she spent a lot of time reading romance novels and practicing the piano. Her first career was as a technical writer and editor in the Washington, DC, area, a busy job that nonethele ...more

Windham Brides (4 books)
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
  • No Other Duke Will Do (Windham Brides, #3)
  • A Rogue of Her Own (Windham Brides, #4)
“Oh, dear. Oh, gracious, oh, ye gods and little fishes. What on earth could he be thinking?” 0 likes