Start by marking “The Lady of the Forest (Knights of Destiny)” as Want to Read:
The Lady of the Forest (Knights of Destiny)

The Lady of the Forest

(Knights of Destiny #1)

When her elderly husband dies, Lady Katherine fakes her own death and disappears into the forest with others escaping the brutish new lord. Determined to protect her people, she knocks the wrong man senseless. But Lord Henry isn’t an enemy, he’s the brother of her childhood friend. Although his tender confidence tempts her, she’s bound by duty.

Henry of Chauvere has found
Published October 28th 2016 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Lady of the Forest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady of the Forest

Nicole Laverdure
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Reviewed for Books & Benches*

The Lady of the Forest by Barbara Bettis is a medieval love story at its best! She's weaved a compelling story filled with great characters, suspense, and intrigue that you will keep your interest until the very last page. I love her style of writing because she is very a descriptive storyteller. It's no secret that I love medieval romance, therefore, her captivating story really pleased me. Katherine, the feisty heroine, and Henry, the powerful knight, will ste
pat knott
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

This book was entertaining I thoroughly enjoyed it I thoroughly recommend this to other people I love that I had a happy ending I hope to read more by this author
Morwa Pal
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved The Lady in the Forest! If you've read other books by Ms. Bettis you'll already be familiar with the names of Katherine and Henry...but to actually get to read their story was a real treat!
Katherine is brave and fearless (just the way I like my heroines to be) and Henry is the yummy type of hero I've grown to love in Ms. Bettis' stories!

This one shouldn't be missed! And if you've looking to give Ms. Bettis' writing a try, this could be a great starting point! You won't be disappointed!
Dawn
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kate is forced to flee to the forest to protect herself from another marriage and her people. Lord Henry bears the brunt of her attack on the wrong person as she discovers an old friend. He sweeps in to find the answer to her dilemma and find a true love. This is from the Knights of Destiny series and really enjoyed this cast of characters. From the first page was swept back to medieval times immersed in this tale of right and wrong. Find a comfortable seat since you won't want to put this one d ...more
Maria
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Lady of the Forest, loved it!!!

I highly recommend this book. It had me at the edge of my seat, I couldn't put the book down. Great characters, well written story line. It's a must read.
Candy Briggs
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great story of children growing up together and meeting again years later. Kate of Glenmore Manor has lost her parents and her husband. But Sir Mortimer is an evil and cruel man. He has come to claim her and her land. But she was not home and he thinks she is dead. So she dresses like a boy to help protect her people. Lord Henry of Chauvere has fought with Richard when he was set upon just after his release Lord Henry was there to protect him. He is jumped upon by Kate because she did not outr ...more
Judith Sterling
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"He was a fine specimen of a knight. Pity he had to die." - From the moment I read that opening line, I knew I was in for a fun ride. THE LADY OF THE FOREST is the love story of Lady Katherine of Stonehill Castle and Henry, Baron of Chauvere. Theirs is a perfect match, but the evil Sir Mortimer stands in their way. If you like medieval romance, you'll enjoy the twists and turns in this one. A good read!
Barbara Xedos
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: o
The Lady of the Forest

Here is a wonderful story by Barbara Bettie. You will never know what may happen in a forest. Lady Katerine thought Lord Henry was someone else. She realized she made a mistake and how they fell in love. The story seemed like it was too short because I hated the story to end. I hope you will enjoy reading this story as much as I did.
Sorchia DuBois
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: medieval-romance
A satisfying and nicely-written medieval romance. I read it in one sitting--had to see what happened :) Elegant description, well-drawn characters, and engaging plot. Ms Bettis clearly knows what she's doing. She demonstrates her historical acumen without being dull--not dull at all, in fact--and creates an independent female protagonist while remaining true to the time period. Excellent tone, pace, dialogue--just a great read all the way 'round.
A Klue
With a female Robin Hood running from the Sheriff of Nottingham type feel/dialect, this was a quick, entertaining read for the most part. I did start to drift away towards the end impatient to have the whole evil villain theme brought to a close. The main couple are not intimate until almost the end, and their smexy union is brief and done in a rather proper English sounding way. In fact, the writing pretty much stayed consistently overly English, with just a little brogue here and there, mostly ...more
Ellen Parker
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Two Types of Knights.
The new master at Stonehill Castle believes Lady Katherine dead. That suits the widow just fine. She prefers living as the boy Cade in the forest and offering small comforts to her people over marriage to the stranger.
Lord Henry seeks a traitor. His plans go awry as he follows his prey toward Stonehill. He’s ambushed, by Cade/Katherine. Freed by her, he’s imprisoned by the unhonorable knight in charge at Stonehill as an imposter.
Cade and her small, loyal band enable Lord Hen
Liz Evans
Oct 16, 2017
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Barbara Bettis has created a strong female heroine in Lady Katherine; she's fierce and not afraid to fight for her people.

Read full review in the 2017 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Cathy