Start by marking “Tough Luck” as Want to Read:
Tough Luck

Tough Luck (The Luck Brothers)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  471 Ratings  ·  97 Reviews
There's one rule in reporting: don't ever fall in love…

When Amelia Adams tells everyone my days as Chicago's quarterback are over, I vow never to give her another minute of my time—until the team owner sees an empty stadium, and forces us together on a reality show in hopes of filling the seats.

When Bryce Luck becomes my assignment, I swear his brown eyes and dimpled smi
Published December 8th 2016 by Kiki Prress

To ask other readers questions about Tough Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tough Luck

Becky Frosco
Dec 18, 2016 Becky Frosco rated it liked it
Tanja Kezmic
Feb 10, 2017 Tanja Kezmic rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with Bryce and Amelia! Such a good book - my favorite part is that for once leading man isn't a manwhore :)

I loved that Amelia is a though girl - takes no s#$t from no one :)

I highly recommend it!
Jaime
Dec 12, 2016 Jaime rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I really loved the first book. It had started off weird, but I had pushed through it and really ended up liking it. So when this one started off a little dull, I thought to myself, "No worries, the first one did too..we got this!" So i pushed through..to about 37% and then I had to stop. The characters are so BEYOND ANNOYING.

The two of them are absolutely absurd. Bryce, simply put, is a man-child. He hates a reporter because she made a comment during an on-air report that he could POSSIBLY be wa
Kim
Dec 11, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

Tough Luck is a sexy and fun enemies to lovers romance. Amelia and Bryce are both independent and headstrong people, who each have something to prove to themselves and the public. The story is told from both of their points of views and it definitely made each of them more relatable and human. I really loved the inner monologue of each character and of course, the chemistry between Bryce and Amelia.

Bryce is both cocky and vulnerable at the same time. He has built a wall around his heart
Allyson Maclay
Jan 04, 2017 Allyson Maclay rated it really liked it
I love the luck brothers I really hope there is another book about them!!!
mells_view
Pretty good.

Very low angst. Fun, with a bit of naughty. I read some reviews that said they didn't feel the connection between the couple, but I thought they had a cute back and forth. It was resolved really quickly, but I didn't mind it.

I didn't have strong emotions for Bryce or Amelia, but I did like their dynamic in the beginning. I would have rated it higher, but I just felt like SOMETHING was missing. Don't get me wrong this was a feel good quick love story, but I kept waiting for something
Chanpreet
Dec 20, 2016 Chanpreet rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!
Maggie Vogel (The Trashy Biblo blog)
description

| Available now |

|AMZ US |

description

For a limited time the Luck Brothers box set is $0.99 on Amazon. OR the first two books and box set is free if you have Amazon Kindle Unlimited.

What happens when a drop your panties sexy pro NFL athlete finds himself hating a gorgeous sports newscaster? Well I am sure it's not what you think... unless you're thinking of them being stuck filming a reality TV show together.

Bryce Luck brings Luck to his Chicago football team, especially after sports anchor Amelia Adams re
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Dec 08, 2016 Becca Stanfield Vernon rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for an honest review.

Tough Luck is sexy, alpha read! Bryce & Amelia's story goes from hate to lust to love in about 2.5 seconds it seems. I felt some areas were too rushed, but was still a great addition to the Luck brothers series. The beginning was wonderful with the back & forth angst/hate going on. The last 10 chapters were where it got rushed. I didn't expect the insta-love that happened. All in all, it was a fun sexy story with a swoony alpha who found a sexy fiest
Cari Ruderman
Dec 12, 2016 Cari Ruderman rated it it was amazing
I just Love Liv Morris Books !! Bryce Luck is just as hot as his brother but less then a player...In fact he never realized what he was looking for till Amelia Adams pissed him off and he hated her. That changed when they met and when they both stopped fighting it they were romantic, sexy,funny and hot !!! I just loved this book even better then the Brady Luck book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Josephine
Bryce was unlikable, the pacing was too slow, and I didn't buy into how everything was playing out. I also felt like it was an odd take on American football. I'm from Australia but the terms used and the way Bryce was portrayed didn't ring true to me. This made it difficult to stay engaged with the story and I DNF'd it.
Lisa GF
Mar 19, 2017 Lisa GF rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for sports romance and this one delivers. Hot NFL QB Bryce Luck had a shoulder injury and a bad game so Amelia Adams calls him out as washed up. He hasn't given her the time of day in an interview in the year since. There is big animosity here and Bryce's boss seeks to capitalize on their friction by putting them into a show together. Holy cow the one liners zing back and forth in this book. It's hot and funny. Bryce is a secret dirty talker and Amelia is doing her level best to kee ...more
Jennine Zipprich
5 STARS

I've been waiting for Bryce's story since Hard Luck. Glad he found Amelia. I must say their chemistry was off the charts! Liv Morris did not disappoint with this story. Now I feel like I need to reread the Luck brothers books again.
Tammy
Dec 07, 2016 Tammy rated it liked it
This is a quick, fun read by a new to me author. I thought their problems were resolved rather quickly, but all in all it was an enjoyable light read. I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Nicole Tracy
Dec 08, 2016 Nicole Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touch down

I loved this story just as much as Hard Luck although it was on the short side. It's about opening your heart to love along with some very steamy scenes.
Mary
Dec 31, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hate turns into love when sports reporter Amelia Adams and Chicago quarterback Bryce Luck are forced to work together on a reality show. A must read!
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
This was a cute KU book!! I love a good sports story and they had sexy times, wit, humor and a whole bunch more.
Renee
Dec 10, 2016 Renee rated it it was amazing
Great sports romance!!
Avephoenix
Dec 14, 2016 Avephoenix rated it really liked it
As the appositive to his brother Brady, Bryce Luck isn't a womanizer and neither interested to get his heart broken again. He just wants to focus on his football career. However, his plans are about to take a big turnaround with the person he has despise for a good while.

Amelia is a newly sports reporter and the person who went after Bryce on her broadcast debut.

Tough Luck is a fast paced, entertaining romance comedy of two people that dislike each but became lovers. The banter between them wa
Leighanne Cooper nottingham
Loved it!!!

I loved Bryce and Amelia.... such a cute couple and with a great story as well.. I read this book pretty fast... just as good as the 1st one...
Sue Parker
Mar 13, 2017 Sue Parker rated it really liked it
Bryce is upset with Amelia because she was harsh in reporting a story about him. He is the quarterback for Chicago and is on a comeback after having surgery. So he makes sure she is banned from reporting anywhere around him. This works for awhile until his team owner decides to put them together for a reality show. The sparks fly and the banter back and forth between these two are electric. Then they decide to call a truce and things get interesting. All in all this book was very enjoyable.
Jo Overfield
Mar 05, 2017 Jo Overfield rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touchdown!!!!!!

Oh my lord. I thought Brady was my undoing, but Bryce was the cherry on top of the Sundae. Just wow!!!

This was a fantastic, sexy, and fun story between Amelia the sports reporter, and Bryce the football player. The storyline was witty, fun and so different than anything out there. What an awesome read.

I could hardly contain myself with these two. They were perfect, and the chemistry was created from the heavens above.

Bryce and Amelia kept me interested with their ongoing journey
Mary
Mar 05, 2017 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swoons! Hot, sweet, funny, sexy and just fantastic.
Ashley Jasper
I had been hearing nothing but awesome things about Liv Morris' writing for quite some time so when she dropped a sports romance about football I knew I had to take a chance. What a fun read Tough Luck was.

Brady- the golden boy of football- a star on the rise with nothing bad in his past or present. He wants to keep it that way for the future, too! Too bad a feisty reporter has worked her way under his skin and into his mind. Oh Amelia- this woman is equal parts soft and strong and I really like
Amanda Gill
Jan 03, 2017 Amanda Gill rated it it was amazing
Bryce has been the star quarter back in Chicago for years and he's confident in his skills. When he has a rough game and reporter Amelia Adams throws him under the bus and claims he's at the end of his career he promptly moves her to enemy zone. Bryce proves Amelia wrong and has the best year of his career and is looking forward to many more. Now a year later he's looking forward to a great season, but plans change when Bryce and Amelia are paired together to help boost the image of the team and ...more
Kate
Feb 25, 2017 Kate rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book really seemed like a novella to me. There want a lot of meat to the story or the characters. I mean it is a cute book with a HEA.

Mine was on kindle unlimited so it was a fun cute read for a snowy afternoon.
Sami Dawn
Feb 23, 2017 Sami Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Star Read!!!

This was an amazing book! It was well written and not drawn out. This was my first book by Liv Morris, and I can't wait to read more!!! I would highly recommend this book!!!
Bookworm 4 Life
I love to read a story that packs just the right amount of funny comedy, sexy romance, and sports.
Tough Luck by Liv Morris is just that!
No unneeded drama or angst, just a story that is a pure joy to heat up a cold winter's afternoon!

This book is part of the Luck Brothers Series, but book #1 Hard Luck does not have
to be read first in order to enjoy Tough Luck.
It can be a Stand-Alone.
(Although I do highly recommend meeting Bryce Luck's Brother Brady,
a SEXY Chicago Baseball player!)

Bryce Lu
Beth Simkanin
Dec 17, 2016 Beth Simkanin rated it really liked it
There's a Thin Line between Love and Hate

Tough Luck, the second installment in the Luck Brothers series, by Liv Morris is a charming and sweet sports romance that delivers on passion between the main characters without a lot of angst. It's just a fun and sweet romance that made me laugh and smile. It has a little bit of it all: witty banter, passionate love scenes, a heartfelt back story, funny scenarios with humor that isn't over the top and a hero who isn't a player...he's an all around great
Dec 14, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I LOVED it! It was fun, flirty, sexy, and sweet. The novel begins giving you a glimpse of both Luck brothers as they are watching the sports report after a pre-season football game. Amelia, the reporter, claims Bryce's "luck" may of run out. She insinuates he's a "washed up" player with another, younger QB waiting in the wings to take his place. She even made Bryce's mom cry and worry about his career. From there on out, Bryce decides he hates Amelia. He even gets her kicked off of the sidelines ...more
USA Today bestselling author, Liv Morris, was raised in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri. She now resides on the rock known as St. Croix, USVI with her first and hopefully last husband. After relocating twelve times during his corporate career, she qualifies as a professional mover. Learning to bloom where she's planted, Liv brings her moving and life experience to her writing.

Represented by Rebec
More about Liv Morris...

The Luck Brothers (2 books)
  • Hard Luck