Start by marking “Tough Luck” as Want to Read:
Tough Luck

Tough Luck

(The Luck Brothers #2)

There's one rule in reporting: don't ever fall in love…

When Amelia Adams tells everyone my days as Chicago's quarterback are over, I vow never to give her another minute of my time—until the team owner sees an empty stadium, and forces us together on a reality show in hopes of filling the seats.

When Bryce Luck becomes my assignment, I swear his brown eyes and dimpled smi
Published December 8th 2016 by Kiki Prress

To ask other readers questions about Tough Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tough Luck

Jaime
Dec 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I really loved the first book. It had started off weird, but I had pushed through it and really ended up liking it. So when this one started off a little dull, I thought to myself, "No worries, the first one did too..we got this!" So i pushed through..to about 37% and then I had to stop. The characters are so BEYOND ANNOYING.

The two of them are absolutely absurd. Bryce, simply put, is a man-child. He hates a reporter because she made a comment during an on-air report that he could POSSIBLY be wa
Tanja Kezmic
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with Bryce and Amelia! Such a good book - my favorite part is that for once leading man isn't a manwhore :)

I loved that Amelia is a though girl - takes no s#$t from no one :)

I highly recommend it!
Becky Frosco
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

The title in GR states its #2 in a series but on amazon it states its a stand alone. I usually go with GR.

It started out pretty good but then it seemed like the writing just got lazy after they got physical.

They didn’t seem to care about their careers at all, Bryce worked hard to get where he was and one would think with all that dedication, resisting someone he barely knew would be a cakewalk. But he caved like a wet noodle, giving into his physical wants
book bruin
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Tough Luck is a sexy and fun enemies to lovers romance. Amelia and Bryce are both independent and headstrong people, who each have something to prove to themselves and the public. The story is told from both of their points of views and it definitely made each of them more relatable and human. I really loved the inner monologue of each character and of course, the chemistry between Bryce and Amelia.

Bryce is both cocky and vulnerable at the same time. He has built a wall around his heart
Allyson Maclay
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the luck brothers I really hope there is another book about them!!!
Nikki  Malan
Tough Luck by Liv Morris
Amelia Adams is a sports reporter who reported on the famous Bryce Luck. The problem, she never gave him a good report, in fact she made it seem like his career was over. Bryce has never forgiven her for it. It did make him prove to himself and his team that he was the best when he came back on a winning streak. Amelia has never understood why Bryce has always refused her interviews and has basically given her the cold shoulder. When the owner of the team decides that sal
Jules
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amelia is the freaking bomb.
Bryce is such a cute little heartthrob.

I had a whole review written, but goodreads decided to delete it.. and I'm meh. So.. that's that.
Loved the book, cute, fun, sexy. All the boxes ticked.
C Joy
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! It's fast-paced, light, and sexy.
Shasta Hope
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy sports romance

I loved the story. I wished there were updates from the other couple but all in all it was a great story with a good love involved.
Genna
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Melanie (mells_view)
Pretty good.

Very low angst. Fun, with a bit of naughty. I read some reviews that said they didn't feel the connection between the couple, but I thought they had a cute back and forth. It was resolved really quickly, but I didn't mind it.

I didn't have strong emotions for Bryce or Amelia, but I did like their dynamic in the beginning. I would have rated it higher, but I just felt like SOMETHING was missing. Don't get me wrong this was a feel good quick love story, but I kept waiting for something
Tenisha Brown
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: on-kindle
I was annoyed with this book. I'm pretty sure I'm going to spoil a lot so be warned.

Let's start with the fact that Bryce has some bad games ,and Amelia- the sports announcer -makes a comment. Bryce gets mad and holds on to this grudge for over a year.

The team decided to do a reality show and have Amelia host it- I guess. Bryce is still pissed but smitten after seeing her up close for the first real time. Before the night is over the hate is pretty much gone.

The team decide to do a reality sho
Angela Whitmore
This was a free download from another author's newsletter, and while it made a quick, nice read for the weekend, it wouldn't make me rush out to buy any more.
The characters are pretty flat and stereotypical, and the story was pretty straightforward. No major dramas involved.
They hate from a distance, they meet and still hate, but lust at the same time. They get thrown together by their respective bosses and bang, they're in love.
That's about it really.
Josephine
Bryce was unlikable, the pacing was too slow, and I didn't buy into how everything was playing out. I also felt like it was an odd take on American football. I'm from Australia but the terms used and the way Bryce was portrayed didn't ring true to me. This made it difficult to stay engaged with the story and I DNF'd it.
Beci
Mar 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was vapid. There is no real character development in this beyond his supposed hatred after her assessment of his playing ability preseason. This really lacked depth.
Moon Love
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!
Nikki Wyatt
I enjoyed Bryce and Amelia's story but the book was a bit of a slow read for me.
The concept was great and some parts were very entertaining but over all I found it a bit drawn out.
Maggie V
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

| Available now |

|AMZ US |

description

For a limited time the Luck Brothers box set is $0.99 on Amazon. OR the first two books and box set is free if you have Amazon Kindle Unlimited.

What happens when a drop your panties sexy pro NFL athlete finds himself hating a gorgeous sports newscaster? Well I am sure it's not what you think... unless you're thinking of them being stuck filming a reality TV show together.

Bryce Luck brings Luck to his Chicago football team, especially after sports anchor Amelia Adams re
Shhhh...I’m reading
DNF ~ there wasn’t anything inherently wrong with this story. It was just sort of boring. The reasons both for the original animosity and the impetus for throwing the MCs together were really weak. The banter was kind of funny and that’s probably the only reason I stuck with it as long as I did.

I received this book for free for signing up to the author’s newsletter (recommended in *another* author’s newsletter). After reading two chapters I decided to check to see how many books were in the ser
J_Mc 251
As far as romances go, this one was pretty decent. Hero who swears off women to concentrate on his game, until the day he’s ready to meet “the one;” heroine who is career-focused until she meets “the one.” And, oh yeah, they hate each other but have to work together. The reader knows from the get-go what is going to happen, but that’s okay because the journey there has some laughs and the characters are fun to get to know. The banter between Amelia and Bryce is real and give insight to their cha ...more
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for an honest review.

Tough Luck is sexy, alpha read! Bryce & Amelia's story goes from hate to lust to love in about 2.5 seconds it seems. I felt some areas were too rushed, but was still a great addition to the Luck brothers series. The beginning was wonderful with the back & forth angst/hate going on. The last 10 chapters were where it got rushed. I didn't expect the insta-love that happened. All in all, it was a fun sexy story with a swoony alpha who found a sexy fiest
Nancy
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this enemies to lovers sports romance but felt like it was a bit short. It had lots of rom-com potential as the rookie reporter is paired with an NFL quarterback for a reality show but they moved so quickly into a relationship it lost that push/pull of will they/won’t they; they literally never even kissed at all before they were going at it in a hotel on the first game road trip after they met. I’m definitely interested in the rest of the series though - the hero’s baseball playing br ...more
Cari Ruderman
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just Love Liv Morris Books !! Bryce Luck is just as hot as his brother but less then a player...In fact he never realized what he was looking for till Amelia Adams pissed him off and he hated her. That changed when they met and when they both stopped fighting it they were romantic, sexy,funny and hot !!! I just loved this book even better then the Brady Luck book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ann
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok read.

This was a fast read. I didn’t like it as much as the first one - Hard Luck. There was very little character development for either of the characters. The book started the story and didn’t tell us much about how we got there. I had also hoped to see more of an appearance of brother Brady and his lady continued in this story to fill it out a bit more. That didn’t happen unfortunately. The book felt rushed and the storyline was hard to believe, especially at the end.
Beth buswell
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
Sweet and romantic

This story is so sweet it just might make your teeth hurt :). The story story is simply about two people falling in love, no crazy drama, no crazy break up over a simple miscommunication. It was a really nice change of pace. Both Amelia and Bryce are instantly loveable.
Arielle
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sports romance meets enemies to lovers story... you really can't ask for more in my opinion.
The chemistry between Bryce and Amelia is hot from the start and just burns hotter as they try to fight their feelings. I loved the build up in this book and the snarky banter between the main characters had me laughing out loud!
Tammy
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a quick, fun read by a new to me author. I thought their problems were resolved rather quickly, but all in all it was an enjoyable light read. I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Cheryl Shearer
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant read

Loved this book - new author for me and I shall certainly be reading other books she has written. Great couple dynamics - brilliant repartee and smart comments abound - love the sad little back story too. Great job Ms Morris.
Tiffany Snyder
Too short

I really enjoy this author’s stories and writing but feel like a few chapters are missing in the middle of the book. There is a strong beginning and end, but not enough in the middle.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hooked (Wilde Players #3)
  • Major Love (Balls in Play, #2)
  • One Of The Guys
  • To Make a King (The Magic of Verridian Book 1)
  • Tiger In Her Bed (Tiger in her Bed #1)
  • Fight Part 2
  • At First Blush (The Immortelle #2)
  • Meet Me
  • Big Tex
  • Echo (The Player, #3)
  • Wine & Whiskey (Surviving Absolution, #1)
  • Time Walkers 2 Book Bundle: The Legend of the Bloodstone, Return of the Pale Feather
  • Zarina and the Djinn (Once Upon a Spell, #5)
  • Goals For A Sinner (Sinners, #1)
  • Big D
  • My Name Is A'yen (A'yen's Legacy #1)
  • Shut Out (Bayard Hockey, #1)
  • Getting Lucky (Tempered Steel #5.5)
USA Today bestselling author, Liv Morris, was raised in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri. She now resides on the rock known as St. Croix, USVI with her first and hopefully last husband. After relocating twelve times during his corporate career, she qualifies as a professional mover. Learning to bloom where she's planted, Liv brings her moving and life experience to her writing.

Represented by Rebec

The Luck Brothers (2 books)
  • Hard Luck