Start by marking “Tough Luck” as Want to Read:
Tough Luck

Tough Luck

(The Luck Brothers #2)

There's one rule in reporting: don't ever fall in love

When Amelia Adams tells everyone my days as Chicago's quarterback are over, I vow never to give her another minute of my timeuntil the team owner sees an empty stadium, and forces us together on a reality show in hopes of filling the seats.

When Bryce Luck becomes my assignment, I swear his brown eyes and dimpled smile
Published December 8th 2016 by Kiki Prress (first published December 6th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Tough Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tough Luck

Start your review of Tough Luck
Jaime
Dec 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I really loved the first book. It had started off weird, but I had pushed through it and really ended up liking it. So when this one started off a little dull, I thought to myself, "No worries, the first one did too..we got this!" So i pushed through..to about 37% and then I had to stop. The characters are so BEYOND ANNOYING.

The two of them are absolutely absurd. Bryce, simply put, is a man-child. He hates a reporter because she made a comment during an on-air report that he could POSSIBLY be
Tanja Kezmic
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with Bryce and Amelia! Such a good book - my favorite part is that for once leading man isn't a manwhore :)

I loved that Amelia is a though girl - takes no s#$t from no one :)

I highly recommend it!
Escape into a Booksite
*3 Stars*

I liked this, but it wasn't fantastic either. The characters were pretty cool, but they went from not getting along, to suddenly getting along and beginning to like each other as something more very suddenly. I felt there needed to be more of a progression from that.

The relationship was pretty cruise and then when it gets to the penultimate point, it seemed a bit too easy. A bit rushed maybe. No real discussion or previous indication of things turning out the way they did.

An easy going
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

The title in GR states its #2 in a series but on amazon it states its a stand alone. I usually go with GR.

It started out pretty good but then it seemed like the writing just got lazy after they got physical.

They didnt seem to care about their careers at all, Bryce worked hard to get where he was and one would think with all that dedication, resisting someone he barely knew would be a cakewalk. But he caved like a wet noodle, giving into his physical wants
Becky Frosco
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
book bruin
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Tough Luck is a sexy and fun enemies to lovers romance. Amelia and Bryce are both independent and headstrong people, who each have something to prove to themselves and the public. The story is told from both of their points of views and it definitely made each of them more relatable and human. I really loved the inner monologue of each character and of course, the chemistry between Bryce and Amelia.

Bryce is both cocky and vulnerable at the same time. He has built a wall around his heart
Allyson Maclay
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the luck brothers I really hope there is another book about them!!!
Nikki  Malan
Tough Luck by Liv Morris
Amelia Adams is a sports reporter who reported on the famous Bryce Luck. The problem, she never gave him a good report, in fact she made it seem like his career was over. Bryce has never forgiven her for it. It did make him prove to himself and his team that he was the best when he came back on a winning streak. Amelia has never understood why Bryce has always refused her interviews and has basically given her the cold shoulder. When the owner of the team decides that
Jules
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amelia is the freaking bomb.
Bryce is such a cute little heartthrob.

I had a whole review written, but goodreads decided to delete it.. and I'm meh. So.. that's that.
Loved the book, cute, fun, sexy. All the boxes ticked.
C Joy
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! It's fast-paced, light, and sexy.
Shasta Hope
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy sports romance

I loved the story. I wished there were updates from the other couple but all in all it was a great story with a good love involved.
Angela
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cliche. Hot quarterback. Female sports reporter. He goes from hating her to screwing her in a blink of an eye. Story line is ok, missed opportunity on building the characters and story line though.
Genna
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Krisz
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this light enemies to lovers story. It was a quick entertaining read with no unnecessary drama. Hate between Amelia and Bryce is followed by a truce and deeper understanding of each other with hot attraction and falling in love.
Melanie (mells_view)
Pretty good.

Very low angst. Fun, with a bit of naughty. I read some reviews that said they didn't feel the connection between the couple, but I thought they had a cute back and forth. It was resolved really quickly, but I didn't mind it.

I didn't have strong emotions for Bryce or Amelia, but I did like their dynamic in the beginning. I would have rated it higher, but I just felt like SOMETHING was missing. Don't get me wrong this was a feel good quick love story, but I kept waiting for something
Tenisha Brown
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: on-kindle
I was annoyed with this book. I'm pretty sure I'm going to spoil a lot so be warned.

Let's start with the fact that Bryce has some bad games ,and Amelia- the sports announcer -makes a comment. Bryce gets mad and holds on to this grudge for over a year.

The team decided to do a reality show and have Amelia host it- I guess. Bryce is still pissed but smitten after seeing her up close for the first real time. Before the night is over the hate is pretty much gone.

The team decide to do a reality
Angela Whitmore
This was a free download from another author's newsletter, and while it made a quick, nice read for the weekend, it wouldn't make me rush out to buy any more.
The characters are pretty flat and stereotypical, and the story was pretty straightforward. No major dramas involved.
They hate from a distance, they meet and still hate, but lust at the same time. They get thrown together by their respective bosses and bang, they're in love.
That's about it really.
JOCA
Mar 24, 2017 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Bryce was unlikable, the pacing was too slow, and I didn't buy into how everything was playing out. I also felt like it was an odd take on American football. I'm from Australia but the terms used and the way Bryce was portrayed didn't ring true to me. This made it difficult to stay engaged with the story and I DNF'd it.
Beci
Mar 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was vapid. There is no real character development in this beyond his supposed hatred after her assessment of his playing ability preseason. This really lacked depth.
Moon Love
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!
Nikki
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Bryce and Amelia's story but the book was a bit of a slow read for me.
The concept was great and some parts were very entertaining but over all I found it a bit drawn out.
Maggie V
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

| Available now |

|AMZ US |

description

For a limited time the Luck Brothers box set is $0.99 on Amazon. OR the first two books and box set is free if you have Amazon Kindle Unlimited.

What happens when a drop your panties sexy pro NFL athlete finds himself hating a gorgeous sports newscaster? Well I am sure it's not what you think... unless you're thinking of them being stuck filming a reality TV show together.

Bryce Luck brings Luck to his Chicago football team, especially after sports anchor Amelia Adams
Rellim
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF ~ there wasnt anything inherently wrong with this story. It was just sort of boring. The reasons both for the original animosity and the impetus for throwing the MCs together were really weak. The banter was kind of funny and thats probably the only reason I stuck with it as long as I did.

I received this book for free for signing up to the authors newsletter (recommended in *another* authors newsletter). After reading two chapters I decided to check to see how many books were in the series.
J_Mc 251
As far as romances go, this one was pretty decent. Hero who swears off women to concentrate on his game, until the day hes ready to meet the one; heroine who is career-focused until she meets the one. And, oh yeah, they hate each other but have to work together. The reader knows from the get-go what is going to happen, but thats okay because the journey there has some laughs and the characters are fun to get to know. The banter between Amelia and Bryce is real and give insight to their ...more
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for an honest review.

Tough Luck is sexy, alpha read! Bryce & Amelia's story goes from hate to lust to love in about 2.5 seconds it seems. I felt some areas were too rushed, but was still a great addition to the Luck brothers series. The beginning was wonderful with the back & forth angst/hate going on. The last 10 chapters were where it got rushed. I didn't expect the insta-love that happened. All in all, it was a fun sexy story with a swoony alpha who found a sexy
Nancy
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this enemies to lovers sports romance but felt like it was a bit short. It had lots of rom-com potential as the rookie reporter is paired with an NFL quarterback for a reality show but they moved so quickly into a relationship it lost that push/pull of will they/wont they; they literally never even kissed at all before they were going at it in a hotel on the first game road trip after they met. Im definitely interested in the rest of the series though - the heros baseball playing ...more
Cari Ruderman
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just Love Liv Morris Books !! Bryce Luck is just as hot as his brother but less then a player...In fact he never realized what he was looking for till Amelia Adams pissed him off and he hated her. That changed when they met and when they both stopped fighting it they were romantic, sexy,funny and hot !!! I just loved this book even better then the Brady Luck book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ann
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok read.

This was a fast read. I didnt like it as much as the first one - Hard Luck. There was very little character development for either of the characters. The book started the story and didnt tell us much about how we got there. I had also hoped to see more of an appearance of brother Brady and his lady continued in this story to fill it out a bit more. That didnt happen unfortunately. The book felt rushed and the storyline was hard to believe, especially at the end.
Beth buswell
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
Sweet and romantic

This story is so sweet it just might make your teeth hurt :). The story story is simply about two people falling in love, no crazy drama, no crazy break up over a simple miscommunication. It was a really nice change of pace. Both Amelia and Bryce are instantly loveable.
Arielle
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sports romance meets enemies to lovers story... you really can't ask for more in my opinion.
The chemistry between Bryce and Amelia is hot from the start and just burns hotter as they try to fight their feelings. I loved the build up in this book and the snarky banter between the main characters had me laughing out loud!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Scoring the Keeper's Sister (Mr. Match #1)
  • Scoring a Soulmate (Mr. Match #0.5)
  • Your French Kisses (Boyfriend Material #4)
  • Declan (Undercover Billionaire Book 4)
  • Floored (Frenched, #3)
  • Challenge (Harris Brothers, #1)
  • Christmas in the City
  • This Magic Moment (Bedding the Bachelors #1; Dalton Brothers, #1)
  • The Billionaire Affair (In Too Deep, #3)
  • Breathless (Love Serial, #1)
  • Once Upon A Red Hot Kiss (Heartbreakers #1.5)
  • Frenched (Frenched, #1)
  • Payback (Harris Brothers #6)
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy
  • An Unexpected Gift (Insta-Spark Collection, #4)
  • Lovers at Heart, Reimagined (Love in Bloom: The Bradens #1)
  • Only You (One and Only, # 1)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
USA Today bestselling author, Liv Morris, was raised in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri. She now resides on the rock known as St. Croix, USVI with her first and hopefully last husband. After relocating twelve times during his corporate career, she qualifies as a professional mover. Learning to bloom where she's planted, Liv brings her moving and life experience to her writing.

Represented by

The Luck Brothers (2 books)
  • Hard Luck (The Luck Brothers #1)