Start by marking “Reawaken His Heart (Second Chance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reawaken His Heart (Second Chance, #1)

Reawaken His Heart

(Second Chance #1)

Braedyn
I'm an asshole. I wasn't always this way; life has made me this way. I once believed in the good in all people, but then "life happened". I'm not religious; I don't believe in God. How can someone who created the world be so willing to take away life and all I believed in and loved?
I was young. I believed in love and forever. Brooklynn Marsden was my high school swe
ebook
Published November 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Reawaken His Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reawaken His Heart

Start your review of Reawaken His Heart (Second Chance, #1)
Yelena Bosh
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe how many amazing books I've been lucky to find this year <3

Sometimes you find a book you can't wait to gash about to your friends, even to a stranger in the near perimeter. Other times, it takes you a few moments to absorb what you just read, and to make sure your heart is still intact. In this instance? With REAWAKEN HIS HEART? I didn't care if I had a heart or a soul left, even if my sanity was gone (whatever of it was left anyway) this story has taken control!!

I LOVED Braedyn
Sara
4/5 stars!!!
A lovely, emotional tale of finding love again unexpectedly.
Poor Braedyn, that guy got his heart broken in the worst way and love just wasn’t something he cared to find again. Rylee has had a troubled life that turned her into a shell of the woman she could be. One night, Rylee is in an accident and Braedyn arrives in the nick of time, like a hot hero in a firefighters’ uniform. After he rescues her, he just can’t stay away, even if he doesn’t want any kind of anything with her.
This
Abigail Davies
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"He’s my battleship that helps me sail the rough seas, and I’m not sure what I would do without him."

I was so excited when this book landed on my kindle!!!! I'd been looking forward to reading it for ages!
Brae.... wow, what can I say about him? His past is so sad and I had tears streaming down my face. I felt his pain and hoped that he could find his happily ever after.
Rylee... poor Rylee!!! What she went through! And that nasty colt!!!!!
I don't want to say too much about this book because you n
Paula Genereau
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! This book was amazing. I loved Rylee and Braedyn. It was a great love story. I had a hard time putting it down. I got so into this book I didn't sleep much Last night. That's how amazing it is.
Kylee
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love a firefighter and a second chance at love romance, that would be nobody. Reawaken His Heart is an emotional story for both characters. Both suffering at the hands of love in such different ways, giving them a totally different outlook on life and erecting walls around their hearts so high it is going to take a ladder truck to get over it. A chance encounter between Braedyn and Rylee forms a connection that neither of them can ignore. As these two struggle to move past the hurt t ...more
Larissa
I'm definitely in the minority. I did not feel a connection to either character. The premise had so much promise for me but I just could not get into the writing style. I felt like I was reading the character's feelings but I didn't feel them if that makes sense. :(
Jenn
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I'm always drawn into the books I read by the characters, and I loved the characters K. L. Myers created in this story.

Braedyn suffered a tragic loss when his wife unexpectedly passed away after only being married for 2 years. To deal with the pain, he closes himself off from feeling emotions for any other woman.

Rylee went through an abusive relationship with her last boyfriend. Now she can't bring herself to trust any guy again.

When Rylee is rescued by Braedyn after
Denise
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am one that loves to discover new to me authors. I kept seeing the cover with finally giving into curiosity enough to stop and see what it promised inside. This is also I think her first one so she has a good start. I myself can not resist a man in uniform military and those around us such as Braedyn being a fireman. He is also a mess thanks to a huge loss in his life. Then there is Rylee who also is a mess thanks to a mess that called himself a man that as you read what she tolerated you want ...more
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
Reawaken his Heart was smokin’! I didn’t realize that this was K. L. Myers debut novel until I went looking for another one of her books to read on Goodreads- only to find that this is it! After finishing a dark and twisted read yesterday, I really needed a sexy romance to pick me up. Reawaken his Heart did just that!

I just love a second chance at romance novel. Braedyn and Rylee have both been through so much. He’s shut off his heart to love and she doesn’t know if she can trust enough to love
MillsyLovesBooks
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is my first read from KL Myers and i've got to say it really was and emotional read and one minute i loved it and needed to know what was going to happen next then the next my heart was in my mouth. Some parts of this read will really pull on your heart strings.
Braedyn and Rylee have been through so much in their past lives with heartbreak and abusive relationship. Then one night, Rylee is involved in an car accident and Braedyn is passing by just in time to rescue her. He can't stay away f
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-challenge
***I received this ARC from the author in return for my honest opinions. All opinions are my own.***

There were times I wasn't sure if I liked this book or not. Then there were times I couldn't wait to see where the story was going. Rylee had a rough go of it for sure, I wish there was more in the book about the ex though, everything seemed to wrap up so quick. Then poor Braedyn going through what he goes through... I got teary, I won't lie.

When these two come together it seemed fast at first, a
Diane plourde
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

I have to admit that I was never one to step out of my comfort zone in order to give new authors a try. Now that I have, I'm far from being disappointed. I also won't hide the fact that I love covers. If an author takes the time to find a cover that fits the story, to me it's already a success. I love stories that involve firefighters because they care and they have protectiveness in them. This 4 star was all that and much more.

Braedyn and Rylee have been through so much in their past lives. T
Wendy Hodges
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both characters are broken in some way by their pasts, one by loss the other by abuse. Love and trust are hard for either to find or believe in, until fate throws a curve ball at them one night. I felt for both of them for the things that had happened and affected them so deeply, it made it hard for them to go forward with their lives in a healthy way. This is a story that shows how to take a chance second time around and trust in fate to show the way. This is an awesome debut novel by this auth ...more
G. Small
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Braedyn and Rylee are two people stuck in a relationship rut.  Braedyn can’t get past losing his wife and Rylee struggles to get out of a toxic relationship.  Their meeting was out of the ordinary.

Rylee has been run-off the road and now is in a ditch and Braedyn was on the same road on his way home.  Braedyn is a fireman and his instinct to assist came in loud and clear coming upon Rylee’s vehicle.  What he didn’t expect was how responsive he was to her in his arms and how protective he was of h
Rachel Reads Romance
3.5⭐️

h: Rylee
H: Braedyn
(Dual POVs)

The story starts off with a glimpse into both character’s pasts, giving you background as to why they both feel the way that they do about life and the opposite sex. Ry and Brae cross paths when Rylee’s car is upside down in a ditch and Braedyn pulls over to save her. Not having much of anyone to help, Braedyn offers to help Rylee with a few tasks and their relationship blossoms from there.

I’d say this story is very much insta-love. I appreciated that the char
Nicole
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Just hold on. I’ve got you.”

Some of the sweetest words I’ve ever read! Braedyn and Rylee’s story is one of inspiration. In order to get to their HEA a lot of emotional healing has been through. Braedyn has to cope with his young wife’s death. He feels heartbreak isn’t worth it. He vows to never fall in love again. Rylee feels like she will never find that all consuming love. All she has ever had is abusive, controlling men in her life. When her abusive ex boyfriend runs her off the road nearly
Colette T
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book! It has so much to offer. There's love, loss, secrets, firefighters, a few laughs and a beautiful romance neither of the characters expected.

Braeden is a firefighter just going through the motions of life but very dedicated to his job. He's had a horrible loss of someone he loved more than life itself. He's not looking to ever fall in love again. Rylee is a wedding planner betrayed by love and finds herself in an abusive relationship by someone she really liked. She's determined that p
Natasha
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my fireman, literally oh my!!! Braedyn has a sad past and he is finally moving on, feeling his life getting back into sync. Till one night driving home his life changed.

Rylee is working hard to move on from her recent relationship that was ultimately toxic. As she moved on he didn't like it, so he ran her off the road one night, a night that forever changed her.

Braedyn felt an instant connection to Rylee has he helped her out of her accident. He couldn't keep her out of his mind so he would
Carey
I enjoyed Rylee and Braedyn's love for each other. They were both relatable with flaws and emotional issues. They each also had an insatiable sexual appetite making them a perfect fit.

I did get tired of the back and forth from present day to recent past with each of them separately. I also didn't connect as well with the side characters that were present from the start as I did with Braedyn's brother. Up until Braedyn's brother was brought in, I could have taken or left the side characters. May
Ellen
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did not realize that Reawakened His Heart was KL Myers debut novel until after I finished reading it, and I must say that she did an EXCELLENT job! I love it when I can feel the emotions that the characters are going through when reading a book and I definitely felt the emotions that Brae and Ry were going through! Braedyn swore off having a serious relationship when his wife, who was also his high school sweetheart, suddenly died. Rylee was not looking for a serious relationship after her las ...more
Sarah Dale
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love when i find new authors to follow and I have found a great one in KL Myers.

This is a beautifully emotional story that had you completely addicted from start to finish. Braedyn is a hot sexy firefighter who has had his heartbroken and wasn't interested in finding love again, that is until he rescues Rylee from an accident. Once he has saved her he can't stay away from her. They are both damaged in different ways but together they can heal the cracks and find a second chance at happiness.

Go
Ellen
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jenn
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I gave the book a 3-star rating. The storyline helped turn it into a 4-star review.

Reawaken His Heart is the first book I've read by this author.

I have to admit reviewing the book was tough. The storyline was good but overall the book left me in a gray area between it was ok and I liked it.

The fact is after about 40% into the book there were sex scenes in just about every chapter and I think that is responsible for me feeling the way I do. To me having so many of them were page fillers instead
Mary Dean
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. This was a story about Braedyn & Rylee who both come from pasts of being hurt. They meet in a way neither was prepared for and no matter how hard they try, they can't deny their connection. This story is about them letting themselves heal and let go of their pasts so they can enjoy their future together. I loved learning about these characters and following their journey to true love.
I recommend this book to anyone who loves a good love story. To anyone who has a past they can
Kelly Fountain
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Waiting for the love that’s worth it. Both Braedyn and Rylee have pasts. Pasts filled with hurt and pain that have skewed their views for love in the future. An accident and being at the right place and right time is all it takes to change their lives forever. It’s an uphill battle. To get to a beautiful end, you must first trudge through the fear and pain that lace the pathway.
I enjoyed the story overall. Braedyn bugged me a bit- I probably would have given up on him way towards the beginning.
Michelle Eriksen
I can't believe this is a debut novel, KL Myers did a great job of jumping in with both feet in Reawaken His Heart and made this story feel like opening up your mind to a group of old friends.

Braedyn lost the love of his life suddenly and had no desire to be in a relationship and be hurt again until he meets Rylee. Rylee isn't all that interested in men herself as she was in an abusive relationship, but when she meets Braedyn things are different.

I really loved this book, couldn't put it down u
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Brayden has it all the job, married his high school sweetheart, life was perfect til life has another plan and Brayden's world was turned upside down, he knows that he could never love another til .. Til her when he sees her he has a need to protect as he gets to know Rylee he finds himself having feelings he thought would never feel, but can he move on?
Rylee is just getting out of a very bad relationship when life spirals out of control and she feels protected in her saviour arms, once she gets
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I love a second chance romance and this one had me from the get go. Braedyn and Rylee are both hurting for different reasons but within seconds of meeting both feel a magnetic pull towards each other. They have a great chemistry but both are scared to let down their walls and give their hearts. Will they both come to their senses and see exactly what's staring them in the face.

A great, hot and sexy read from K.L. Myers and I can't wait to read more.

***Complimentary copy recieved for an honest re
Jacqueline
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first KL Myers book that I’ve had the pleasure of reading.
Reawaken His Heart had me sighing, laughing, crying etc, anyone watching me would think I was having mood swings or something.
Braedyn and Rylee have each gone through their own versions of Hell and are very wary of the other sex. Braedyn believes he’ll never love again and Rylee believes there isn’t anyone for her.
Each find love in unusual and unexpected time and place.
I can highly recommend reading this book and look forwa

• Exodus (The Ravenhood Duet, #2)
  • Flock (The Ravenhood Duet, #1)
  • Forever Innocent (The Forever Series, #1)
  • Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #1)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Canadays of Montana #1; Big Marietta Fair #5)
  • Cowboy Paradise (Cowboys of Nirvana #1)
  • Secondhand Cowboy
  • Loving Lauren (West #1)
  • Jenna's Cowboy (The Callahans of Texas, #1)
  • Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1)
  • Blood and Chocolate
  • A Real Cowboy Never Says No (Wyoming Rebels, #1)
  • Peeps (Peeps, #1)
  • Toughest Cowboy in Texas (Happy, Texas, #1)
  • Goddess of the Night
  • I Dare You (The Line Up #1)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Defied (Blood Duet #2)
K.L. Myers was born in West Berlin, Germany, the daughter of a military father. She then spent her childhood moving from continent to continent, finally landing permanently in Colorado when her father retired.

Eventually, she moved to "hell," aka Arizona, where she resides with her husband & their fur babies. She has two daughters & four grandchildren, and she believes in living every day to the fu

Second Chance (3 books)
  • Reclaiming His Life (Second Chance, #2)
  • Rediscovering His Future (Second Chance, #3)