Start by marking “Bellanok: The Reluctant Savior, a Novel” as Want to Read:
Bellanok: The Reluctant Savior, a Novel

Bellanok: The Reluctant Savior, a Novel

Bellanok is a haven for myths and legends . . . until evil discovers a way in.

Now the fairy queen, Fauna, must journey from the island realm to the modern world to find the man the Creator appointed to save their kingdom. A man she has been dreaming of her whole life.

Brian is a down-on-his-luck pastor on the verge of giving up on God. He’s tired and frustrated–a failur
Published October 24th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Bellanok, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bellanok

Start your review of Bellanok: The Reluctant Savior, a Novel
Laura A. Grace
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I jumped into Bellanok with exciting expectations, but Ralene gave me so much more!

This wasn't a typical story with fairies, unicorns, and dragons (which I was expecting), but really a beautiful new concept I had never read before. I absolutely loved how she wove in the need for ALL to have salvation from Jesus Christ because we ALL have been exposed to sin (fairy or not). In many ways, this was a powerful story of redemption.

Bellanok was so much more than a story I read for pleasure. I was stro
C.O. Bonham
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-met-the-author
Bellanok by: Ralene Burke is for a very niche audience. I can't remember where I heard the phrase stained glass fantasy, but I think it applies to this book.

Personally I was enchanted by the idea of an island with fairies and dragons in need of salvation. But I know some Christians who would never read it. I know fantasy readers who would be turned off by the religious elements.

But if you are like me and have an open mind and heart then this story, of an inner city pastor who gets swept up into
Rachel Lopez
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bellanok is a beautifully woven tale of two worlds colliding.Burke has a way of creating characters who relate to one on a personal level. From Brian an American pastor full of self doubt or Fauna a fairy queen from a distant land in need of the chosen one. Bellanok is well written and kept me wanting to read more until I turned the last page. I cannot wait to see what else this author will bring to the table.
Robin E. Mason
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
BELLANOK by RALENE BURKE

A young pastor who doesn’t know his strength or calling. A mythical queen who needs him to save her land.

Brian Reynolds had a plan. But God had a different plan. Brian had a heart for the Gospel but he wanted to pastor an easy little church in a comfortable country town. Not in a crime ridden, inner city neighborhood. What did he have in common with thugs like that?

Fauna’s world was dying and it was time for the vision to become reality. But she must leave her realm, Bell
Kandi Wyatt
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Chhristian Fantasy

I loved the blend of inner-city Chicago pastor and mythical lands. The theological conundrum of fallen creatures of myth was well thought through and satisfying. A true fantasy missionary story.
Kara
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I REALLY enjoyed Brian's journey into the land of Bellanok! This book was so unexpected for me, but in a good way :)

Roman was my fave character in this one, how he protected Fauna and befriended Brian.

There are so many cool creatures in this story, but I didn't really feel like I got to know them as well as I would've preferred. Unicorns, dragons, and fairies were the main good guys. There are also Orcs, goblins, giants, and demons that are the bad guys. The demons are mostly dark clouds with a
Shauna Viele
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Reluctant indeed

Not having a lot of experience in speculative fiction, I wasn't completely sure what to expect. There was a passage in one of the early chapters that was repeated twice--an editing issue I suspect. But once I looked past the incongruities, I enjoyed the story. Having a hard time with the undercurrent of romance weaving in and out. It will be interesting to see what happens in future installments. Not sure I completely agree with the idea of centaurs and unicorns in a tale
about s
Jessica
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
A Good Story

Brian is a pastor in an urban Chicago church that is failing. He is frustrated and not sure what God wants him to do. Enter in a fairy named Fauna and soon Brian is told that he is the savior of her world, Bellanok.

I enjoyed the story and the land of Bellanok. The story moved well and ends well. I personally did not like the main character much, but you might!
Kara Peck
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it

During my read I had a hard time being propelled to finish. I think that was a case of expectations on my end. The opening is pretty intense and I just expected the intensity to be maintained. However, expectations aside, the subject matter is important and the execution was done well. Great character arcs. Fun fantasy adventuring. Absolutely give this one a shot. It may be just the book for you!

* I was gifted a copy of this book. My opinions are my own*
Nichole Hoag
Mar 30, 2018
Brian Carter
Oct 25, 2018
Ralene Burke
Oct 27, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Beth
is currently reading it
Oct 28, 2017
Reneé D.
Oct 31, 2017
Whether she's wielding a fantasy writer's pen, a freelance editor's sword, or a social media wand, Ralene Burke always has her head in some dreamer's world. She spins fantastical tales to encourage people to SHINE BEYOND.

When her head's not in the publishing world, she is wife to a veteran and homeschooling mama to their three kids. Her Pinterest board would have you believe she is a master chef,