Start by marking “Saved (Harris Tower, #1)” as Want to Read:
Saved (Harris Tower, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Saved (Harris Tower #1)

2.47  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The alternate cover edition for this book can be found here.

Shervon Jones has been watching life pass her by, scarred from experiencing the worst kind of abuse. She’s naturally submissive, but she's not aware of her submissive tendencies. Even though she's survived and risen from out of the ashes... something is still missing in her life. But that all changes, the day her
Published October 27th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing (first published April 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Saved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saved

Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.

I am so happy that this author reached out to me to request I read and review this newer story of hers. I was surprised, given that I gave the last book I read of hers 3 stars, but was ultimately very happy to see an author that wasn’t afraid to get feedback that didn’t result in just straight 5 star reviews. Unfortunately, this one also falls into the 3 star read for me. The writing was well done for the most part, but this whole story basically revolved around insta-love. In full grow
Charlie
Oct 02, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one wasn't for me I'm afraid. The blurb seemed right up my street so I'm quite disappointed.

I wasn't fond of the writing style, I didn't click with the characters at all and I ultimately just didn't care. I read about a third of the way through and then just skimmed the rest.

I felt the interactions between the main characters were rushed and awkward and I just wasn't feeling this relationship.

**I received a review copy of this book from the BDSM group on Goodreads.**

Paul
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow. Third attempt to write this review because I felt terrible with the previous two attempts. Why did I feel so bad? Because I allowed one of the most fundamental issues in writing to detract from what I felt was a rather decent and well-considered story. So, rather than ruining another attempt. please allow me to get the issue out into the open first.

The book needed an editor. Oh dear lord did this book need an editor. Grammatical errors r
Metalkarin
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r
“I’ve fallen in love, head over heels for a man I’ve just met.”

Shervon Jones is a beautiful woman – inside and out. She’s very likable, smart and hard working. But she’s also damaged by a man who was supposted to protect her. When she meets her new boss, Sean Harris, the mutual attraction is palpable. But can she really trust a man?

I received this book from the Author through the BDSM group on Goodreads in return for a honest review.

The first part of the book scared me on behalf of Shervon. She
Rachel
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: r2r-bdsm
*Provided by the author through the BDSM group on Goodreads*

Overall, this story has a good meaty plot/background but it fell short for me. There were several things that irked me about it.
Ummm...first, it's highly unlikely that a woman is going to go on a job interview start the following Monday and be in love dating and having sex on their first official date that same Friday, especially with the heroines background of abuse. And yes, I do understand that this is just a book.
Ugh! The over use
BFDU
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Okay this review is a little hard for me because as a reader/blogger there is nothing worse than having to write a review for a novel that you just couldn’t connect to.

This novel for me was written well, but based on the subject matter, to me it felt quite rushed. I would have loved for the author to have delved more into Shevron’s past. For me it felt skimmed through and it was hard to feel any emotion, especially based on the subject at hand.

I
Lu
I hate giving low ratings, but this story wasn't right for me. It wasn't what I expected. I thought it was going to be dark. The only thing that was dark was Shervon's abusive history, which was told to us. Everything else was butterflies and rainbows. It lacked conflict or inner struggles. Things move too fast. I'm not a stranger to reading about insta-love, but characters confessed their love almost immeditately. Yes, Shervon questioned how quickly things were moving, but Sean didn't. I wasn't ...more
Olivia Farr
Aug 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
"Saved" was really not for me. It felt like 50 shades with less plot/character development. There are also a lot of grammatical errors throughout, which suggests that it needs further editing. It's a pretty short book, more of a novella, and the main characters are right into the action within a few pages/no build up. It felt pretty out of the blue to me and like a sexual harassment/assault type situation. Most encounters felt equally awkward and stilted. Overall, I think it just wasn't really u ...more
Heather Ray
Jan 13, 2017 rated it liked it
To me, this story was meh was ok. It was slow and hard to keep interested in. Yes, this is a love story but there seemed to be more rambling than story. Towards the end there were events that made me think "ok, now we are getting somewhere", but then the book ended and I have to wait for book 2 to see where things go. Shervon was abused in the past, but instantly falls in love with Sean and he with her. There was just something missing to this story that I hope comes out in book two.

Even though
**K.
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm-group-r2r
This was a good story. Shevron is a sweet naive girl who falls deeply in love with her boss Sean. He introduces her to his lifestyle and way of doing things. The story seems to be just the tip of the iceberg for these two main characters. I feel like there is so much more there to be told. Hoping there is a second book as this one ends with a cliffhanger.

*provided by the Author through the BDSM group on Goodreads.
Maha Erwin
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the two erotica books I read this month was Saved, penned by the young indie author Cara Downey. Literotica is difficult to critique, because the genre is primarily intended to arouse you. Since each of us have a principal literary style, some erotica books aren’t a “perfect” match. I prefer LOL humor, rich description, and literary prose to transport me to a sensual world – one in which the characters organically bond (not immediately based on superficial beauty) and eventually become ph ...more
Eva Mcfarden
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Eva by: Review for Hashtag Minxes
http://i56.photobucket.com/…/12516825...…" border="0" alt=" photo

What spectacular story written with so much compassion. The characters will enthrall you into a world of enchantment, intimacy and leave you breathless.

Shervon has overcome the tragedy of her youth. She is on a path of discovery and will learn who she is, how her strength will keep her from being overtaken by the past.

Sean is taken aback when he meets Shervon. The electric zap he feels towards Shervon are hard and
Susan Foulkes
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
It took me a long time to read this book...way too long.

The first reason being that the story would have benefited from a good proofreader and an editor...the mistakes were glaring and I had to keep putting the book aside.

The writing style was jerky (lots of short sentences) and the dialogue was stilted.

The storyline was intriguing in the blurb but the characters didn't carry it off. The Insta love didn't work in this context....Sean and Shervon overcame her issues incredibly easily.

And finally.
Charlotte
Feb 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bdsm-group-r2r
**I received a review copy of this book from the BDSM group on Goodreads.**

I found this book really hard to get along with when I read the blurb about the book i though this would be my type of book.

Not far into the book I realised that it was very hard for me to read and I couldn't connect with the characters. The story line for me was very hard to get along with and maybe just because of the aspect of love at first sight and how quickly things moved and how they didn't even as characters conn
Jennifer Campos
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book has way too many mistakes, grammar, punctuation a lot of rambling. She needs to send this back to her editor because there were way too many. Some sentences I had to go back over because it just did not make sense. What the book is about is interesting but I just don't think this book was executed correctly...
Elfeera
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
*Provided by the author through the BDSM group on Goodreads*

It felt like the beginning of 50 Shades: a bit rushed, not entirely realistic how quick everything comes.
There were quite some typo's, and sometimes a dreamsequence was not separated from the rest, so I had to reread a few times, before I figured it out.

Susie Rose
rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2016
Karen Charlton
rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2017
Melly
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really dislike writing bad reviews. But I am trying to review EVERY book I read, starting this month. So apologies in advance to the author.

So in Saved, by Cara Downey, Shervon suffered a traumatic childhood but has powered through it. She starts her first job and it's a good one! She and her boss fall in love, and he helps her heal from her past.

First, let me start out by saying what was good.

I think the author writes her characters very tenderly, especially the female character. She obvious
JESSICA
Brittany
Alexandra Simon
SALLY WHITE
Dec 13, 2016
Cara Downey is from North Preston, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia in Canada. She successful graduated form Saint Mary's University where she holds a degree in Political Science, and a Journalism degree from, The University of Kings College. Besides her two Bachelor of Art's degrees, Cara also holds a Paralegal certification, but she's chosen to focus on her career as an erotic romance author. She's an avi ...more
More about Cara Downey...

Harris Tower (2 books)
  • Rescued (Harris Tower, #2)