Start by marking “Juliet” as Want to Read:
Juliet

Juliet

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  64 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
To have and hold, love and cherish, til death do us part…

When an unexpected twist of fate hands Iris her worst nightmare, the world spins out of control. As she falls apart, Iris finds comfort in her unpredictable behavior. With mysterious clues hidden by her husband, Iris drives away from her life to uncover the world he kept hidden for years.

Small town Sugargrove, Texas
Published December 20th 2016 (first published April 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Juliet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Juliet

Rather Be Reading
2 Stars

I received an advanced readers copy of Juliet in exchange for my honest review.

When I was introduced to Juliet I immediately was drawn to the compelling blurb from the author about this book. It looked interesting to my senses and I honestly couldn’t wait to read it. That’s why writing this review is so hard for me.

The story that the blurb reveals, doesn’t feel like the story I tried to read. I could only get about 14% through the book before I gave up. The writing switches perspectives a
Kathleen R.
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Juliet
Author: Kailee Reese Samuels

5 amazing stars

When it comes to Kailee Reese Samuels, i keep reading her stories backwards. Not that I'm complaining - much (*bursts out laughing*). The first book I read from her was Kinky, Sex, Magic and read how Sal went from sub to dominant to Iris. Then, in Tea For Two, i found out how Sal fell in love with a Domme and a sub, starting the fire of how he came to want to become a dominant himself. I fell in love with Kailee Reese Samuels' character
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
There’s a lot of story in here; it’s very long and I found myself needing to put it down frequently. However, it didn’t stay down for too long as I also found myself needing to pick it right back up. It’s a different type of story line and I found it quite addicting, as I was curious to see how it all came together.

There are a lot of characters in this book; all of them play a role in Iris’s journey of discovering herself. To me she was a bit of a mess and I worried about her for a lot of the b
Jamie IScream Books
Juliet is my first read by this author and it was a good read. It took me a couple of chapters to get into it, but wow! Definitely not what I was expecting. It was a very hot and emotional read.

Just let me say that when I started this book I thought it was a typical Student and Professor story, boy was I wrong! It was that's and so much more. It was a very hot and very long read.

After her husband dies Iris heads to Texas and discovers a whole new world that her husband was hiding.

I loved the
Em Dorsey ~ Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review ~
This book was unlike anything I have ever read. TBH I was hesitant at first because it's different from what I'm use to but I'm so glad I decided to tackle this bad boy. Sal...oh beautifully broken Sal...at times I wanted to reach through the book and slap him but then I would turn the page and want to kiss the hell out of him. Iris had a lot thrown her way but I enjoyed the ride along with her. I also enjoyed meeting all the characters. This is a lengthy book but honestly I was too engrossed wi ...more
LaGina
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you cant judge a book by its cover. When I first saw the cover I didnt think it would be something that I was interested in reading. Then I noticed the name and well I knew that I had to look at this book more. Then I read the blurb and thought okay this should be a pretty good read. Man, was I wrong. This was a f*** awesome read from a new to me author. Just when I thought that I was going to be getting the same story about BDSM it turned on me and grabbed me by the collar and wouldnt ...more
Jonmontanavega
I'm only 25% of the way through this long, character and plot driven, novel. It isn't what you think at first, which is a typical M professor / F student romance. It isn't what you think next, a young widow with a developing FF interest. It isn't ... Since I haven't finished, I can't yet tell you what it is, but it sure as heck has kept me reading.

The reason that I didn't give it 5 stars is very simple. Ms. Samuels needs a fair amount of help with proofreading and a bit of editing.
Elaine Holcomb
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults with open mind for a story that has so much
This was a newly discovered author for me, and after reading blurbs and teasers, I decided to go all in!!! I'm reading them all, as I have to learn more, the characters jump out of the pages at you and you laugh with them, get shocked or surprised, oh yes, definitely get angry!! This story starts out with a young girl and teacher, he's a widow and she has no clue about life or emotions really. They build their friendship and over time, feelings develop, Iris is so naive and Chance seems unsure w ...more
Tianna Croy
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"A love story doesn't always go the way it should sometimes the path to Forever is a twisting spiraling and flying ride" this could not be more true for this book. This is unlike anything I've read thus far. It's a very long book, somewhat of a mind**ck, it will make you wonder what is going to happen next. Each time a new character is introduced the plot thickens and twist. Iris started out this meek young innocent but in the end she's not innocent at all. On her journey to find out why her hus ...more
Claire Cronin
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a new author for me, but the blurb pulled me in, had me intrigued, but it is one hell of a long read, just to warn you!

This is a difficult review to write, as it needs to be read to be fully appreciated. From the blurb it would seem that you're going to get a typical story about student falling for older professor, with some BDSM thrown in - it isn't!!

Iris is the main character and the story revolves around her journey of self exploration and finding her sexuality. But there are many ot
Jamie
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Hi, My name is, Jamie. I like dark and dirty books. I read the synopsis/blurb (whatever the damn thing is called) for Juliet by Kaliee Reese Samuels, and I just knew this would be the PB to my Jelly, the wiener to my bun. You get what I'm saying.

WOWZA! I'm not sure if my mediocre review writing is worthy of this. Kaliee Reese Samuels is extremely talented. The story is loaded with plot twist and just pure juicy goodness. You really should read it, I promise you won’t be disappointed.

This is ab
Dawn Yarrow
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off i have to say like everybody else, wow this is a long book, When i first started this book i did not realise how long it actually was so be prepared that it will take you days to finish it.
Unfortunately because of that reason i had to keep stopping and starting it as i had arc to be read in between, i do feel as though this went against the book as i couldn't give it my full attention like i would with a standard size book but having said that i still very much enjoyed it.
The book sta
Louise Hallett
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, bland, slow
I so wanted to like this book, the blurb ticked so many boxes for me but the execution left so much to be desired. At 26% into the book there had only been 2 significant events (New Orleans and Sal's breakdown at the party) and a vague bit of information linking Chance to Juliet. At this point I didn't know if he'd attended, had worked their, run it or what. I felt that I could have read the blurb, skipped ALL of this part and not have missed much.

I also found the author's style of writing incre
Le Ann Foster
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
**Reviewed for Hooked On Books**

I gave this book 4 stars!!!

Before you begin this book, it is a long read and to full understand and get it all that is going on you will have to be able to sit and read it.

Jennifer - You Can't Resista Dirty Book
Juliet, the debut novel by Kailee Reese Samuels, for me is extremely impressive. To be able to write a book that is this emotionally driven and complex with so many different characters and story lines just blows me away.
Be prepared, this book is long due to the detailed nature of the story but if you are drawn in by the blurb it will be well worth it.
The main protagonists in Juliet are Iris and Sal, we follow their developing relationship, the highs, lows and everything in between.
Iris is tryin
Hooked On Books
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

I gave this book 4 stars!!!

Iris is the main character and the story revolves around her journey. This book is told in many POV but primarily Iris. The many POV doesn't take away from the main character or the story, I think that in order to see the true meaning you have to see all the POV. The characters are well develop and the story flows nicely.

Sal
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read the blurb to Juliet, I was definitely intrigued, so had to read it. It's longer than I would have expected, but with many details, on top of the FIERY BALL OF HOTNESS! I'm not going to go into any detail, because well, not sure that I could do so without confusing anyone, plus no spoiler douchery from this end. Kaile Resse Samuels has an original, and talented writing style that somehow keeps my interest (that's a great thing), as it's not my usual fare in romance. Besides the HOTNES ...more
United Indie Book Blog
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have quotes that like to apply to my everyday life . Sometimes they seem arbitrary and sometimes profound , well this time round it captured "Juliet" perfectly .

The sayings are :
A) Never judge a book by its cover because you never know what story you might miss ( for people and books)
B) Not all is at it seems

Iris is a colorful and entertaining  character that is unashamed to take you on her journey of self  discovery .

Sal is wicked , deliciously wicked and a real bad boy but man is he complex
HB Jasick
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Book was sooo long, and slow to start for me, but won me over in the end. I did stop several times to read other bookS, but that may be due to the true intensity with in these pages. It's full of love tragedy, self-exploration, frustration, Total WTFs, love, and a view into a sexual world not many truly understand. This was my first time reading anything by this author and I plan to continue on with her stories in the future. I would recommend this book to anyone with an open mind, and an o ...more
Caroline
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first Kailee Reese Samuels book and I thoroughly enjoyed it although it is really long, be prepared for it to take a few days it took me 4. The story is well written, plot is different and there is heaps of sexy scenes, BDSM levels are moderate compared to some other books I have read lately. You are warned that this does end in a mild cliffhanger and you will be looking for book 2.

The story follows Iris, recently widowed, and her journey of self discovery. On this path she uncovers
Jenny
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kailee Reese Samuels is fast becoming a favourite. I have read some of her other books and thought I knew what to expect - wrong!
Ms Samuels gently walks you into her world and then leaves you to ride the roller coaster that is Iris' and Sal's story.
It is a long read, but just like her other books, so definitely worth it.
Ms Samuels, you rock!

Marie Pedrick
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
If your looking for a book to follow the 50 shades series look no further. This story leads you into BDSM in a way that helps you understand why people do it whilst giving you a storyline to follow. The characters are enticing while you follow them on their journey. This review was given on behalf of Amo & Sarah's book corner.
Amy
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh baby! Hot, hot , hot! This was an awesome read and I can't wait to start the other books I have on my kindle by Kailee! So much story, so much depth! Absolutely love Sal! I received an arc of my honest opinion.
Lindsey Kramer
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is brilliant. This book is darkly sexy. This book is Kailee Reese Samuels at her best.
Kaye Springett
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book the chemistry between Sal & Iris was spot on if you love a long saga this is the book for you
Kelly
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too long. Too many characters. One of those books you finish in case it gets better. I expected a lot more sex considering it's BDSM based. It was just ok.
Kim O'Daniel
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now that I'm done screaming and fighting the urge to throw
my tablet across the room, I think I can finally write this
review. This book is extremely frustrating, infuriating,
extremely emotional and damn sexy. This book cost me two
boxes of tissue.so be ready you will need a box or two
maybe three. Kailee has this way about a story, she is so
able to weave story and she so expertly told this story. That
it makes you wonder if this place actually exists or just in her
mind. If it's only in her
Michelle
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 5-star-read, arc
This is my first book by Kailee Reese Samuels. It was a long one but it was worth the time to read. This story is about Iris. Iris's husband passed away and she finds mysterious clues hidden by her husband so she decides to find out more about her husband. She's led to a small town in Texas where Juliet Academy seems to lure her in. There she meets Salvatore Raniero a sexy alpha male in the BDSM world. I loved reading about Iris's journey to discovering herself. The story takes you on an emotion ...more
Jessica
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a lot going on. It starts with Iris losing her husband of 8 years then getting a key to a house in Sugargrove, TX. So she packs up her life and moves down there to discover her husband's hidden secrets. This story is told in a 3rd person narrative and bounces around between a lot of characters. Not so many that you're lost, but enough to get a good handle on the character's emotions and reasons behind their actions. It mostly follows Iris and how she handles her husband's secrets. ...more
Amber at WickedGoodReads
Juliet is the first book I have read by Kailee Reese Samuels and I was drawn in by not only the blurb but by the fantastic cover. Its just so very different from 99% of covers that are on erotica books today and I fell in love with it instantly.
This is the story of a woman named Iris who loses her husband and sets off to 'find herself' at Juliet Academy. She meets Sal, who at times I hated more than English peas, and delves into the world of BDSM. Now the blurb will tell you that the story is 'g
« previous 1 3 next »

FB Kailee Reese Samuels page ➸ http://bit.ly/DirtyPoetry
Twitter ➸ https://twitter.com/KRSamuels
Instagram ➸ http://bit.ly/InstaKRS
Pinter
More about Kailee Reese Samuels...