Start by marking “The Ice Star (Konstabel Fenna Brongaard #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ice Star (Konstabel Fenna Brongaard #1)

Read Book

The Ice Star

(Konstabel Fenna Brongaard #1)

On a time-sensitive mission to retrieve a crashed spy satellite in Greenland, the elite Sirius Sledge Patrol’s first female patroller has to gut it out to survive the Arctic and a team of ruthless mercenaries.

When her patrol partner is killed during the mission Konstabel Fenna Brongaard tarnishes the unit’s military history as the first Sirius patroller to be investigated
Kindle Edition
Published January 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Ice Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ice Star

Start your review of The Ice Star (Konstabel Fenna Brongaard #1)
Ken Fredette
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked the story that Christoffer Petersen told of Greenland. Fenna used her head in most instances and luck prevailed where she needed it. The native people were also extremely interesting. I was very hesitant to read this author but I was surprised how he kept the reader involved in the story line. I would recommend this book to readers that like action and adventure in their stories.
Rowena Hoseason
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Neither Nordic noir nor Scandi crime, The Ice Star is an action-adventure pursuit story which barrels back and forth across Greenland’s Arctic landscape. This is not an atmospheric, melancholic exploration of the long night of the Scandinavian soul, but rather a runaway sledge ride from one shoot-out to the next.

The strong female protagonist is a junior officer in Denmark’s Sirius agency – and Konstabel Fenna has no idea just how radically wrong her mission to the frozen north will go. Together
Jéssica
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
I had the pleasure of reading this book a while back and I found it absolutely exciting and interesting. I always look forward to read crime/mystery novel, but I don't think I have read that many that were described as noir novels, and to be honest, I didn't know much about it.

It was a rollercoaster and I love when a mystery novel gets me so focus that I almost feel like I'm there. The descriptions and the characters are the main reason that happens, because the plot could be fascinating but if
Justine Peroni
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very different but brilliant!

Having never read a novel by this author I felt I should try it! What an amazing rollercoaster of a story it was. Reading about Greenland itself was interesting as you really felt you were there with Fenna ( main female character) who I thought was brilliant and handled herself well in a dog eat dog world, run by corrupt men who will do anything for money, especially those in Canada. To find out more I would highly recommend reading this book. It was a great read and
Roderick Baxter
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Conspiracy, Intrigue, Action

The Ice Star is an excellent platform for Konstabel Fenna Brongaard's debut into the world of espionage. To say that, something is rotten in Denmark, is not quite true, because most of the action takes place in Greenland. Yet, something is most definitely rotten. Fenna is in the thick of it. This story is almost all action and Fenna has to grit it out, all the way through. It's all about survival. Survival against the brutal arctic environment, and survival against
Shirley Stevens
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
The Ice Star

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.Greenland is an immense country that I knew little about. I found it fascinating to learn more about the two main places that the story was set in. From what I have learnt I don't think it would be my next holiday choice. I found,, Fenna, the heroine, rather too trigger happy! One criticism is that I found the story rather too long,but good characters-a shame that we didn't see more of Mickael. I shall certainly read another one Seven graves
April Taylor
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I read this as a friend recommended it to me. It was ok, but I'm not sure that I can see me progressing to book number two in the series.

It was well written, it had a untypical setting (always a plus) but it just didn't do "it" for me.
Please do not take my review as a negative, it just wasn't hitting the mark for me personally.
Jane
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is not my favourite genre, but I actually enjoyed it. The twists and turns kept me guessing, and I really liked Fenna, and Maratse - the Greenlandic policeman. It is violent in places - it fits the genre. But what I liked most was the description of Greenland - it matches my own experience of the country.
Todd Lindstrom
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice Thriller

Now Greenland has a female special agent. This book was a well paced thriller that introduced a very capable character and a good plot. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Raoul Lindblad
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stunning

I had doubts about the location and people as I started reading.
Location turned turned out well described and beautiful.
Plot came along nicely, believable and some nice twists!
Well done!
Looking forward to second installment!
janis dunavant
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the character of Fenna. A real femme fatale.Interesting locales. Great villains. Will definitely read the series.

I like the locales, Greenland, Denmark, Canada. A complex political subplot with. A strong story of adventure. Fenna is a very. Well written character.
Nitza Coleman
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
You can feel the cold

This was a fast read for me but I quite liked how the author described the austere cold environment of Greenland.
Peter G Jennings
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marvellous read, wonderful characters

First time I have read books by this author, very readable and full of twists and turns. Unable to put it down
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was fast moving and apart from the story line the author succeeded in creating an atmosphere of the life in this ice covered region which was really absorbing. I couldn't put the book down and have started book 2 now which is equally as exciting.
Angela
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Author needs to find a better translator, very distracting.
Jojo
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable, fast-paced thriller set in Greenland which gives insight into the country and the culture on the way.
Sara
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Origin story

Good enough that I want to see where this series goes. Lady Bourne more or less but in Greenland .
Quentin Feduchin
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not sure why I gave this 5 stars, but, so be it.
It's the first of three books, and I've also read the second.
It makes an interesting study of conditions in the Arctic, specifically in Greenland, which is owned by Denmark. It has seemed to be a white elephant for decades but now everybody wants it because of it's underground resources. (President Trump recently even offered to buy it! What do you expect?)
It's written mostly from the point of view of a young Danish policewoman, also a member of a
Miss J E Burgess
Jan 04, 2019
susan green
Aug 30, 2017
pat bradbury
rated it did not like it
Sep 30, 2017
Clare Carmody
Feb 01, 2018

• Mourning in Malmö (Inspector Anita Sundstrom #7)
  • I grunden utan skuld (Sandhamn, #3)
  • I maktens skugga (Sandhamn, #7)
  • I natt är du död (Sandhamn, #4)
  • I farans riktning (Sandhamn, #6)
  • Closed Circles (Sandhamn, #2)
  • One Lost Soul (Hidden Norfolk Murder Mystery #1)
  • Veren vimma (Maria Kallio, #8)
  • Minne tytöt kadonneet (Maria Kallio, #11)
  • Vom gleichen Blut (Ein Nik-Pohl-Thriller 2)
  • Penitent (DI Munro & DS West #9)
  • Rupture (Dark Iceland #4)
  • RANCOUR (DI Munro & DS West #8)
  • I stundens hetta (Sandhamn, #5)
  • Cold Steal (Officer Gunnhilder, #4)
  • Under a Black Sky (Part of the Daniel Trokics Series)
  • Vanished? (Stockholm Sleuth, #1)
  • Väärän jäljillä (Maria Kallio, #10)

Konstabel Fenna Brongaard (3 books)
  • In the Shadow of the Mountain (Konstabel Fenna Brongaard #2)
  • The Shaman's House (Konstabel Fenna Brongaard #3)