Start by marking “Clown - A Horror Short Story” as Want to Read:
Clown - A Horror Short Story

Clown - A Horror Short Story

RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES

As the world frets over a rash of clown sightings, Elle Bourdain laughs. After being hired by a movie studio to promote the upcoming horror film, CLOWN, Elle starts an advanced advertising campaign.

Her agency hires actors in dozens of metropolitan areas to dress like clowns and frighten people. The campaign goes viral as schools shutdown, children
Published October 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Clown - A Horror Short Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clown - A Horror Short Story

Start your review of Clown - A Horror Short Story
Julia
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
I know this is a short story, but when it ended, I wished for more. This could have been extended and I would have been very happy. Definitely creepy with a nice flow to the story. The clown was definitely terrifying.
Michael Loring
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror-books
I have read every one of Mr. Brant's stories, from Gehenna to Asher Benson, and I can honestly say that this one is by far one of his best! A terrific take on the current situation in America with the uprising of punks terrorizing people while dressed as clowns, CLOWN takes an already creepy concept and turns it into a truly terrifying sight. Elle the advertising agent takes a bite that's way too large to chew when she comes across a clown on the side of the road, thinking it's one on her ...more
Kirsty
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jason Brant has done it again!

I hated clowns before, now, if I never see another clown it will be too soon!

I can't even write a review to do this story justice. I can only say that I recommend it massively! I hope the author expands past this as, even though the story feels perfectly complete, I would love to learn more about the main the character beyond the end. As well as learning more about the clown!
Heather Dugger
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really liked this short story and wasn't wanting it to end so shortly. Never have had a fear for clowns but this made me have goosebumps. It was a great way to make readers second guess the 'creepy clown army of 2016'. Jason Brant is an amazing storyteller, wish I could proudly put the physical books in my bookshelf.
Bart Hopkins
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jason Brant delivers in this homage to the current clown craze. He's taken the headlines, slapped 'em down, and given it a spin -- two turntables and a microphone.

It's a really fun read with some twists the reader will appreciate. Buckle up, horror fans, and enjoy the ride!
Bonny B. Pendleton
Jan 07, 2019
W. Sheridan
Jan 26, 2018
Keshav Reddy
rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2018
Apr 28, 2017
Mike
is currently reading it
May 21, 2017
"JASON BRANT" is an anagram for Bas Trojann, a former Bigfoot hunter who, after being abducted (and subsequently returned) by aliens, decided to hang up his ghillie suit and enter the world of professional arm wrestling. Despite back-to-back first place finishes in the South Dakota World International Championship League, Bas receded from athletics to invent cheese and give Al Gore the initiative ...more