Start by marking “Southern Desire (Southern Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
Southern Desire (Southern Heart, #2)

Southern Desire

(Southern Heart #2)

After experiencing heartache and loss, Whitney decides it's time to move on and leave the past behind, while keeping the pain with her. Finding her way to Kentucky to be with family, she's finally settling and feeling some happiness. She meets Aaron and he's slowly showing her how to live again. But, what Aaron doesn't know, is the deep secret she's keeping from him.

Aaron
Published January 17th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Southern Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Southern Desire

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

description

Unfortunately, this one ended up being just OK for me. There was a definite lack of chemistry between the hero and heroine IMO. For the first 30-40% of the book, Aaron came across SO indifferent towards Whitney. Oh sure he thought she was gorgeous and enjoyed hanging out with her, but where were the sparks? The chemistry? The lust? She pretty much could have been a cocker spaniel for as much interest he showed in her. As the book progressed he starts to show more interest, but I still never felt
Carmen Rae
Southern Pleasures was one of my top 10 books for 2016, which naturally led me to stalk Kaylee and read Unexpected Reality (another top 10 of 2016) and I have to say I am officially a fan so as soon as I saw this one pop up I had to have it. And I have to say it lived up to my expectations. It has all of the depth of emotion I have come to expect from Kaylee Ryan’s writing and from the first page I was in tears and unable to put the book down.

I was already half in love with Aaron from Southern
Alex ♈
♡Tonya♡
Listening to an audio version of this book may not have been the smartest thing that I've ever done. It was a great story, but it brought tears to my eyes more than once and that is not conducive to driving safely.

Aaron - I loved him in book 1 and was happy he was getting his story. I wanted to shake him a time or two because he was so hung up on finding "the one" and how he would know when he met her that she was right under his nose and he was oblivious. Everyone else knew but him. He knew he
Beverly
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this one. It was super sweet and a little cheesy at times, but overall a good read.
Beth
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
PUBLICATION DATE: January 17, 2017
CLIFF HANGER: No

4 Stars

*This story is for mature audiences only. Contains explicit scenes and language intended for adults 18+

SYNOPSIS:
Julia
This book was just boring as shit. The heroine came off as a basket case and she cries in front of the hero 4 times before you even get halfway done the book. And she's scared of everything. Hero wasn't great either in my opinion; I think it's the southern thing because to me, because I'm a north east yankee, being a southern gentleman farmer type hero makes me gag a little bit because it's so hooky and like....cheesy.
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
*I received an ARC of Southern Desire to read and review*

I Loved Southern Desire.

Just an FYI southern Desire can be read as a standalone. I haven't had the pleasure of reading the first novel yet but that is now added to my TBR List! But i wasn't the slightest bit confused with the story line or background info.

Southern Desire is sweet and sensual with just the perfect hint of angst.

Aaron and Whitney's story had me in tears. But not tears caused by sadness. I was happy throughout this novel. I
Becca
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kaylee is one of my go to authors. I absolutely adore her writing and her characters that pull you in and don't let go.

Southern Desire is perfection. Aaron will have you swooning and you feel everything right along with Whitney as she struggles with how to live her life after such a tragic loss.

I fell in love with both of these characters from the start. Such an amazing story. I'll have a more detailed review closer to the release date.
Sophie
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 heart warming, beautiful stars!

Southern Desire is the PERFECT name for this book because through it all Kaylee burns her readers with tension, desire, heat, passion and love. This beautiful story of pain and heartache and finding “the one” warmed my heart and soul thoroughly.

From the prologue alone Kaylee had me in tears. Kaylee has an ability to fully capture her readers and deliver everything with clarity. The pain and hurt of the scene is evident from the words used. What Kaylee is oh, s
Heather andrews
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really liked that Aaron respected Whitney enough to show restraint, even when she didn't want him to, "he groans. “Whit, we can’t. I only had one condom, so please, for the love of God, remove your hand from my ***k.” Aaron knows how to up the ante when things don't go his way, “okay, I guess I’ll just lie here on your bed and think about your sexy-as-hell naked body dripping wet.” He sighs and adjust himself, lying back on the bed." I loved this book, Aaron was one sexy country man.
Sheri
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
See my full review here: https://readinaflash.wordpress.com/20...
2OCC Reviews
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marie
Southern Desire (Southern Heart #2) by Kaylee Ryan is truly what HEA is all about. I fell into Love/Lust with the cover, but the story is what gave me the heart soaring totally emotional moments that make a great story.

Aaron Mills is one hot cowboy! Coming from a very loving stable home with parents still in love and a sister married to his best friend (Southern Pleasures, Southern Heart #1) he thinks he knows what he wants in a future partner. However, he’s going about it in the wrong way.

Whit
Stacy
You think I would learn my lesson when it comes to Kaylee Ryan's books. Thy author knows how deliver a sweet feel good romance that will leave you with the best kind of book hangover you could ask for.

Aaron and Whitney are perfect for each other. Aaron is sweet, compassionate, and 110% my new book boyfriend. I mass wow the way he falls for Whitney will make your heart swoon. Whitney is a sad heartbroken woman who is basically all alone now that her mom passed away. She wasn't expecting Aaron to
Jaycee-Jayne
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book Aaron is so sweet, cannot wait for Mike and Jamie story
Big Joe  Rossi
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, this will be a 5 star rating for most but for me just too lovey dovey. I like more angst, more dark, more thrills. This is pure sappy romance and for those into that this WILL be a 5 star read.

Whitney is reeling from the loss of her mother after a lengthy battle with breast cancer. Now she is moving to KY to be near the only family she has left. Armed with a new job taking pictures for McKinley of book 1 in the series. There she will meet her brother, Aaron, a man looking for a future
Sangria
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just straightforward southern sweet.

Le Sigh. These Southern men she writes are just apple pie goodness. I love them so far. If you’re in the mood for some good straight romance, this is a good series. I loved the first in this series and we get to see a lot of them and the kids who are adorable in this one. These 2 have eyes only for each other. The families are amazing as well.

This book has actual dating, I thought their southern choices to do those dates was Uber romantic. Aaron is just a thro
Mary
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I ❤ this book! Aron & Whiney are Amazing! I couldn't stop reading it. Kaylee Ryan's books get you sucked in when you start her books you have to read them from cover to cover. I would highly recommend them! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Joanne
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fabulous series. Love these hot Alphas. Each book has me hooked from the first to the last page.
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Kaylee Ryan won my heart over a few years ago with her words and since then, I have been a fan. But this book and this series? It's different... in the "such a good kind of way." It has the heat and sweetness like I am use to with Kaylee... but it also has tons of the feels... some good and some overwhelming.

Southern Desire is the second standalone book in the Southern Heat series. Diving back into this series, we get Aaron and Whitney's story... and boy did these two have a dousy to tel
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Southern Desire is a heart warming story that made me fall for a sweet loving country man named Aaron. I had tears in my eyes as soon as I started the book. This story was heartbreaking good. And even though there was some sadness in the book, it also gave me the "feel good" moments that I loved and will not forget. I could feel Whitney's emotions when she meets Aaron for the first time. You know what I am talking about. The whole butterflies in your stomach when you meet that someone who makes ...more
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aaron Mills is a cowboy with a big heart and full of southern charm. He's a man that never keeps a girl around, but one look at the city girl and he's smitten. There is something about her smile, her down to earth attitude, her sexy curves, and her heart. He knows she's been through heartbreak and vows to hold her, help her heal, and make sure she never has to be alone again. I loved that even though they have an instant attraction, they get to know each other and become friends before crossing ...more
Jill
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
When I saw this book I was all in. I love a good southern romance, plus did you see the cover? HOT!

Unfortunately this book just didn't do it for me. I just did not connect to the story whatsoever. I kept reading because I felt like the potential was there, and I was really hoping I would be able to connect the more I read, but that didn't happen.

I felt that the story was super predictable, and though serious things happened I just didn't feel any emotion, and I'm big on feeling emotions. It jus
Becky Rendon
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok, this book is hands down the sweetest thing ever. I lied. Aaron is absolutely the sweetest thing ever. A man who loves his family and dotes on his niece and nephew as though they were his world. He is patient, kind, and sensitive. He is also a real life cowboy with the ass hugging jeans to match. I mean they make calendars of men that look like him but nothing can compare to the real thing. Aaron is a catch.

Whitney needs a new start. Her life has taken a turn and she needs family around. She
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

What an amazing story Southern Desire was I was totally addicted from the very beginning. I adore Kaylee Ryan's writing style and the depth of the characters she gives us you can't help but fall in love with them.

Whitney hasn't had it easy in life, these past few years. She now finds herself all alone in the city of Chicago. She decides she need to be with her aunt and her family, the only ones sh
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:
I haven't read anything by Kaylee Ryan until Southern Desire and I have to say, I am freaking flipping over how great this book was! It was a slow simmering pot of sweetness and sizzling romance. The characters are well put together and will definitely have you falling in love with them. This southern romance had me sighing happily and I loved every second of this glorious read!

I really loved this author's writing. Not only was the plot simple, it had such a won
Nancy Metsch
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!
Let me just say this is my favorite book by Kaylee. I have read them all, but Aaron Mills is my favorite character. He really knows how to swoon. He may never have been a man whore, But he never committed. To one woman. His reasons were simple. If I don't feel it, I don't need it. Very simple words by a man who could have had anyone in the town he lived in. Many woman have tried and failed.
Then came hurricane Whitney, She swept him right off his feet. And the best part, Aaron didn't eve
Samatha Harris
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
3% in I was in tears. It floors me every time I read a Kaylee Ryan novel how she can craft such emotional moments and make you feel like you are living them right along with her characters. Southern Desire was no different. We all fell in love with Aaron Mills as McKinley's gorgeous sweet talking brother and I think I can speak for most of us when I say that the wait for Aaron's story was agony, but let me tell you it did not disappoint. I blew through this story in one sitting. The devotion he ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this for an honest review..

I have to say this woman this author hooks me from the first page to the freaking end EVERY TIME!!!

After I read the first book in this series I just knew I had to have Aarons book and let me tell you it absolutely did not disappoint! I just loved him and Whitney together they are that perfect couple that you just fall in love with!!

I loved book for many reasons mainly because I am a country girl at heart and this book just had me swooning all over the freak
Lisa Book Shelf
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC from author for review.
This Southern Country girl recommends this great book. Aaron is a country boy and proud of it. Whitney is a city girl but has come to the country to heal. After losing her Mom to breast cancer she comes to be with family and start over in her photography business. Aaron is looking for his One and it Whitney but she needs to heal from her Mom and a cancer scare. But everything is better in the country.
  • Sunny with a Chance of True Love: The Ballad of Ugly Ross (Lonesome Point, Texas #4.5)
  • Here All Along (Kelly Brothers, #7)
  • That's Amore
  • Something Borrowed
  • How Sweet It is
  • My Winter
  • Rekindled (Silver Creek, #2.5)
  • Table Manners
  • Cowgirl Crazy (Cowboy Way, #2)
  • Cowboy Jackpot: Christmas
  • Heiresses
  • Love or Something Like It
NYT & USA Today Bestselling Author

Stop by to visit Kaylee in her Facebook reader group.

Southern Heart (4 books)
  • Southern Pleasure (Southern Heart, #1)
  • Southern Attraction (Southern Heart, #3)
  • Southern Devotion (Southern Heart #4 Novella)
“Life is not without pain and sorrow, but it’s the pieces in between that we have to hold on to.” “I” 1 likes