Start by marking “Caged 1” as Want to Read:
Caged 1

Caged 1

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  20 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Prison life is about to get harder.
The inmates of Warsaw Prison are safe from the virus outbreak beyond the walls. For now.
Warden Gorgon wants to use the prison walls as a barrier against the infected. But he knows the walls will only last so long. If only he could figure out a better plan…

Jack Turk and the prisoners in C-Pod are about to learn their fate. It’s a death
Published October 26th 2016 by La Cigolli Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Caged 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caged 1

Pheebz
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caged 1 By Chuck Buda
1 27 2017

This is a novella that introduces us to the men in cell block C and Warden Thaddeus Gorgon & his guards & the prison Doctor Shipley and his two nurses Samantha &Dixie at the Warsaw Prison.
Pod C has 11 men in it and we were introduced to 7 of them.
Jack Turk is the leader if you will of C pod. Then we have
Melvin an old man but Jacks right- hand man,
Swede is Jack’s Bunkmate and a giant of a man & enforcer.
8 Ball is mouthy & always looking for a f
Joseph VanBuren
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good old Zpoc with some new twists

If you like zombie stories, you really have no reason not to check this book out. It is 99 cents and reads with the quick pace of a thriller. The prison is an interesting take on the old gothic trope of an isolated setting. Total cliff hanger, but now we know this is just the intro to the series. A must-read for zombie fans.
Russ
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombies
Awesome!

I really enjoy this series so far. I cannot wait for the next book. I always found things about prisons to be interesting. I love the documentaries about them. So having a post-apocalyptic book about zombies and prisons, I'm in! I am excited to read the next installment of the series.
Linda
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Exciting New Series

This is a great new addition to my favorite genre. Characters are interesting and we'll developed. The story flows well and I can hardly wait for number 2.
Denise Keef
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this take on the zombie apocalypse! Sort of an OITNB zombie style type book. The characters are interesting and what I would expect prisoners to be in prison. I would like a little more background on some of them to know why they are in prison and hope in future installments we do get a look into their lives prior to being incarcerated. As the first book delves into what is happening on the “outside” the inside isn’t a great place to be with a warden who is a little nutso and look ...more
Daniel
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Slow pace to a different take on the typical zombie story. If it wasn't advertised as a zombie story, it would take a while for the reader to realize that. Very quick read, makes it easy to want to continue reading the series. Hopefully the action picks up in future installments. Looking forward to the next one.
Patricia Kaniasty
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I got 3/4 of the way through and gave up. Just got so bored. Could not finish it. Too much talk about zombies but very little interaction with them. Oh well.
Mary
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a messed up story

Loved it. What would happen to to prisoners inside a prison. With a corrupt warden and worse guards. Can't wait for the next.
Steve Wands
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Good start to a series. Took me a while to get into the characters but Buda does a good job at ratcheting up the tension and keeping you engaged.
Real Dead Review
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, zombie-stuff, 2017
Not sure where to start on this one. I’m not familiar with the works of Chuck Buda and Caged 1 is the first book of his that I’ve read. So, I’m not able to judge the overall body of work by Mr. Buda but I was definitely let down by this novella. The story takes place in a prison during a viral outbreak and zombies come into the picture later in the book. Overall, I think the concept was good and unique but the execution was lacking.

Caged 1 (Zombie Lockup Series) by Chuck Buda
There are some good
William M.
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
1 AND 1/2 STARS

Oh, boy. Where do I start with this one? While I will continue to enjoy listening to author Chuck Buda on his podcast show, The Mando Method, I'm fairly certain I will not be reading any more of his books. At least for a while, anyway. Caged is apparently the first in a series of zombie books which is advertised as a 'Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Thriller'. I guess Buda thinks 'zombie' is a bad word and 'horror' is beneath him so he goes with 'thriller' instead. Maybe he hopes to ge
Karina Halt
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Never read a zombie book that takes place in a prison! Well worth a read! Looking forward to the next book! Recommended!
Lucas Milliron
David Del Col
Sep 29, 2017
Josh
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The apocalypse has come, the world is falling, except for a out of the way prison in the woods. But the warden needs to prepare the prison for life after the collapse of civilization... at the expense of the prisoners. But the prisoners aren't going down easy.

Good start for a series - this short novella is a quick and easy read.

*I got this book through GoodRead's Giveaways - an excellent source of interesting books!
Michael