Start by marking “The Knit Hat Book: 25 Hats from Basic Shapes” as Want to Read:
The Knit Hat Book: 25 Hats from Basic Shapes

The Knit Hat Book: 25 Hats from Basic Shapes

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
This is the perfect small-project book for all knitters. Popular knitwear designer Nicky Epstein gives knitters a wide variety of fanciful and stylish hat projects to choose from. There are 25 patterns in all and tips to help readers design their own hats.
Published September 5th 1997 by Taunton Press (first published 1997)

Elise Cohen
"Nicky Epstein is as always brilliant and creative. I have knit a number of these hats with success. For the most part, I have toned down the styling a bit (I'm just not that willing to wear a showpiece) but the patterns and ideas are first rate.[return]There are a number of different shapes to the hats herein, as well as various ideas for decoration and embellishment. Many are self-lined, so there is a little extra knitting, but the extra body and wear is worth it. None of the patterns I used i ...more
Sharon
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was published in 1997 and I rate it among my most favorite knitting books. The photography is gorgeous and the whimsical designs go far beyond what you will find in any other pattern book. Even if you can't see yourself wearing a pillbox hat topped with a flower basket or a beret with swinging cherries, you may find the information you need to design just what you want.

I love this book and when I'm not using it as a reference guide, I page through it just to enjoy the pictures.
Anne
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
Just what it says: variations on a few basics. Clear instructions, as you'd expect from Epstein, a designer who always follows through on what she promises.
Susan
Jules
Aug 10, 2013
Mary
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was okay. It had some pretty hats in it, but none that my girls liked.
Shawn
Dec 27, 2012
Holly Hueston
Sep 22, 2014
Apryl Anderson
This one is flat-out fun! Hard to believe it's 20 years old, because the designs are that classic. Hats are so quick to make, these are excellent for trying out new techniques and designs.
Stephani
Laurie Davis
Mar 28, 2015
Sandra D. Dunbar
Apr 27, 2015
Nicky Epstein is a knitting designer and author of numerous books on knitting. She is known for her creative combinations of knitting stitches, and for the colorful patterns often found in her sweaters, especially involving applique of separately knitted motifs.[1] In 2005, she was given a prestigious award by the National NeedleArts Association. In 2006, her work was featured in a retrospective f ...more
More about Nicky Epstein...