Start by marking “The Southern Comfort Christmas (Windy City Romance, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Southern Comfort Christmas (Windy City Romance, #5)

The Southern Comfort Christmas

(Windy City Romance #5)

A Christmas wedding becomes chaos for Harper and Cameron in this heartwarming romance, a sequel to Finding Southern Comfort. Families can’t agree about the Chicago ceremony and Harper’s heart sure isn’t in it. Her mother’s wedding gown isn’t the only thing that doesn’t fit. The impending celebration frustrates the Savannah couple as they’re swept into a frantic Christmas w ...more
Published November 12th 2016 by Purple Egret Press

To ask other readers questions about The Southern Comfort Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Southern Comfort Christmas

Sandi Ramirez
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love reading Christmas books anytime of the year but when I get to read them at the holiday season, they are just that much special. Add in a wedding and a get a giggly and excited. If you have read any of the other books in this series yea, if not don't worry there are enough "caught you up notes" from this author that you are not left out.
This book is all about Harper and Cameron's wedding (and of course if they are there you know Bella is as well). The wedding is set to take place at one of
Cynthia
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

How do you help plan a wedding in Chicago at Christmas from Savannah & still try to keep customers happy. This ius a wonderful wedding for Harper, Cameron & little Bella.
Stacey
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Southern Comfort Christmas, part of the Windy City Romance series, can be read as a standalone. I do recommend at least reading Finding Southern Comfort first, as that's where Cameron and Harper's love story first began. While not a prerequisite for reading this book, reading that one first will provide some background about their relationship and how they met.

I like reading follow-ups about characters from previous books to catch up with what's going on in their lives. In this case, Cameron
BookSnuggle
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
"The Southern Comfort Christmas: A Heartwarming Christmas Romance" by Barbara Lohr is book number six in the "Windy City" romance series. This is Harper Kirkpatrick and Cameron Bennett's Christmas wedding story.

Planning any wedding can be stressful and chaotic. As their wedding date gets closer Harper and Cameron discover having a Christmas wedding is even more stressful. Well, lets throw in family issues, Cameron breaks his ankle, Bella is acting up at school, and wedding arrangements that have
Tarri
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Southern Comfort Christmas by Barbara Lohr is a follow-up to Finding Southern Comfort, which I read a year or so ago and enjoyed. In this installment Harper is trying to get her decorating business off the ground by helping persnickety Southern women with decorating themes for the holidays. Of course, they don't like her ideas and she is desperately seeking ways to please. Then Cameron comes home with a fractured ankle, there is nothing but trouble with the wedding plans, and Bella (Cameron's ...more
Margaret Watkins
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading this book brought back so many memories of my own Christmas wedding and the invitation for Murphy's Law to be activated when your plate is already overloaded with things that have to be done before the big deadline! The Southern Comfort Christmas perfectly describes the bringing together of two families from different backgrounds, difficult relatives and last minutes surprises. I felt all of Harper's frustration and wondered how Cameron could keep his cool in the midst of the turmoil. Wi ...more
Jenni Bishop
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Southern Comfort Christmas by Barbara Lohr is book five in the series and follows on from Finding Southern Comfort. Barbara writes what she does best and that is heartwarming, fun and loving romances and who doesn’t love a beautiful christmas story thrown in as well. This heartfelt story of two people in love trying to work through healing, the stress of a wedding and all that life has thrown at them. Barbara always makes you feel like you are part of the story as her attention to details brea ...more
Gale
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
After living in the south for a number of years, I have to say this story captures the very essence of the genteel, Southern ladies and runs with it. Harper and Cameron are truly fun, and love each other, sometimes more than life itself. Their journey to get to their wedding and HEA? Priceless! OMG, there are some super funny scenes, ones that made me cringe (because they are just so perfect), and ones that will make you sniffle they are just so cute. Combining Chicago and Savannah expectations ...more
Vivian
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first book in the series that I have read, so I probably didn't get as much out of it as those who have faithfully followed the series. I found the main characters likeable, the story itself was charming, filled with family and friends, holiday cheer and the excitement of a Christmas wedding (as well as a surprise or two). While I don't mind sexy scenes, I did notice there seemed to be an extraordinary amount of them in relation to the storyline.
Marta Ratliff
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good book about a Christmas Eve wedding

I loved the humor in this book! Cameron and Harper were perfect for each other. Who would plan a Christmas Eve wedding to take place in Chicago? Well that is actually what they did. It was fun seeing both sides of the family to come together for the wedding, even though there were lots of problems to make it happen. This is the first time I have read a book by Barbara Lohr, but I look forward to reading more from her!
Barbara Tobey
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chicago versus Savannah in December. I know where I would rather be. A Christmas eve wedding without a bridezilla, but other family members do cause issues. An adorable young girl and a dog add to the story's charm. Lots of enticing foreplay, but without going beyond my personal limits for reading about intimate details. Love the southern women and their unique behavior. The author kindly provided a copy for my voluntary review. Loved it so much that I preordered Still Not Over You.
Jeannie
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved revisiting Savannah and Harper and Cameron. This is a funny, heartwarming story with a few sniffles thrown in. I could feel Harpers pain as she tried to put her wedding together. Cameron is so calm, cool and collected in this, he needs to loan some of that to Harper. I feel like readers should read Finding Southern Comfort so that they get some of the background story. I loved it and Lohr's descriptive writing style. I voluntarily reviewed a copy I received from the author.
Gina
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this Christmas wedding inspired story. If something can go wrong it probably will. Such as hard to please parents, the weather of the proposed wedding venue and a broken ankle. When the wedding has to be cancelled and the venue changed from Chicago to Georgia things will start to work out for the best. I received a complimentary copy and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Pat
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a heartwarming story that I was totally enthralled from the very first page and the characters were so well fleshed out that as I turned each page I felt like I was being drawn in deeper and deeper into Harper and Cameron's story as it effortlessly unfolded!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Lori R
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. It is a fun story about Harper Kirkpatrick and her fiance, Cameron Bennett as they prepare for Christmas and their Christmas Eve wedding. I can just picture Savannah and the southern charm as they say their I dos. I received an advance copy of this book and I willingly chose to write an honest review.
Dawn
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book by an author that you've never read before and enjoyed the book so much that you had to go and read everything else they've written? Barbara Lohr has quickly become that author for me!!! I so thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, that I have to go and get all the others that I've missed ASAP! Definitely a sweet story and I wish I could be friends with Harper!
Diane
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet Christmas romance full of southern grace and hospitality that will leave you with a smile on your face and the spirit of Christmas in your heart. It features delightful and flawed characters, a precocious young child and her four-footed side kick, quirky family members and a truly romantic happily-ever-after.
Sherry McWilliams
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the story even though sometimes I felt like shaking Harper, but then she would not have been the Harper that Cameron loved. Other characters are great in the story, especially Julep. I couldn't help smile when she shows up in the story. Sometimes I wonder if their would be a happen ending with all the speed bumps in the way.
Pat Christie
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Free Ebook

She was the Nanny but is now the fiancé trying to plan a wedding get her decorating business going. He fiancé breaks his ankle, his folks don’t want to travel to Chicago for the wedding, what more could go wrong.....
Marilyn
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

this book is one where a young woman is learning to live in the south widths different trudions.she finds a new friend
Mary E
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this books

I liked the characters, well most of them. Having lived in the South for 20 years I can do
Appreciate the attitudes a gal from Chicago might encounter.
Peggy Puetz
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very romantic book.

Very romantic book. I enjoyed the story very much. No arguing in the book and just plain good.
Very sweet story.
Karen Loomis
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story, but slightly atypical because Harper and Cameron have already found each other. It is more a story of wedding planning. Good characters.
Debie Miller
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

I have teased the first book and this book is good as the first. Laugh and cry with each word.
Linda Bewley
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not a fave.
Patsy Fox
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A really sweet story. Well written. Interesting characters.
Bernadette Cinkoske
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read. Cameron and Harper are overwhelmed with all they have to do leading to their Christmas wedding. I am glad I made the journey with them. These Windy City romances are the best!
Ida Lukasik
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so much fun.
Liked watching Harper grow.
Lisa Phillips
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Barbara this was such a sweet story. I enjoyed the relationship between Harper and Bella. I could almost feel the girls excitement for the future they have ahead. It was amazing to watch how the family worked everything out. There were a lot of things working against them but love makes all work out. Since I live in the South I could almost hear the accents. So many sweet moments in this book.
Alicia
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another hit in the Windy City series

When we first met Harper and Cameron three years ago, she was taking any job just to pay her rent. That didn't work out so well for her. Until she found an add for a live in nanny... at the same place her last unsuccessful job had been. Cameron was working nonstop to keep his multiple jobs afloat and had little quality time for his daughter.

Three years later, and they are both working hard but making family time a priority. They have a wedding planned for Chr

• Kentucky Christmas (Southern Comfort, #1.5)
  • Welcome to Christmas, Texas: A Christmas Network Novel
  • A Sheikh for Christmas (All I Want for Christmas is..., #1)
  • Nice and Naughty (The Reverse Harem Diaries Book 5)
  • Christmastide with My Captain (A Laird to Love, #0.5)
  • One Christmas With The Earl (The Seldon Park Christmas Novellas Book 1)
  • A Twisted Little Christmas
  • Her Country Star Fake Fiancé (Christmas Romance Series)
  • Beyond the Mistletoe (Beyond Love Series, #7)
  • The Wrong Heiress for Christmas (Matchmaking for Wallflowers, #6)
  • Tempting A Marquess for Christmas (A Steamy Regency Romance Book Book 5)
  • Christmas at the Lake (Great Escapes, #2)
  • My Christmas Break Mistake
  • Bad Boy Santa: A Second Chance Christmas Romance
  • Slaving Over Christmas
  • How to Kiss a Billionaire (Billionaire Beach Romance)
  • Dirty Christmas (The Dirty Suburbs #9)
  • A (kinda) Country Christmas
Barbara Lohr writes sweet, heartwarming romance with a flair for fun. In her novels, feisty women take on hunky heroes and life’s issues. Family often figures in her stories. Her series include Windy City Romance, which includes jaunts to Savannah, Guatemala and Italy, and Man from Yesterday, set in a delightful Michigan beach town. Dark chocolate is her favorite food group, and she makes a mean p ...more

Windy City Romance (5 books)
  • Her Favorite Mistake (Windy City Romance #1)
  • Her Favorite Honeymoon (Windy City Romance #2)
  • Her Favorite Hot Doc (Windy City Romance #3)
  • Rescuing the Reluctant Groom (Windy City Romance, #4)