Start by marking “Star Wars: Poe Dameron, Vol. 2: The Gathering Storm” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Poe Dameron, Vol. 2: The Gathering Storm

Star Wars: Poe Dameron, Vol. 2: The Gathering Storm

(Star Wars: Poe Dameron #2)

Continuing the adventures of the ace pilot hero of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens! Poe Dameron faces the wrath of a vengeful Agent Terex! But how does Terex always seem to know what Black Squadron is doing? Could there truly be a traitor in the Squadron's midst? Poe will undertake a secret mission from General Organa herself...to escort none other than C-3PO on a ...more
Published July 3rd 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Ben Brown
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first arc of Charles Soule’s “Poe Dameron” series was about as “fine” a set of issues as you were likely to find. The story and character work? Fine. The art by Phil Noto? Fine. The development of the state of the post-Return of the Jedi galaxy? Fine. There was little in it that was offensively bad, but also little that make it all that memorable, either. For a story that was more or less supposed to serve as a direct prequel into “The Force Awakens,” Marvel’s “play-it-safe” approach to the ...more
Chad
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Poe heads off with C-3PO on a secret mission to recover one of his spies. Yes C-3PO is actually useful. He's created his own network of droids to spy on the first order. Meanwhile, Terex has decided to do things his way to bring down the resistance. We find out his origins and get a little peak into what happened when the Empire fell. This series takes place before Force Awakens which is good because Last Jedi turned Poe into a useless character.
Calista
This story was miles better than the previous volume. Poe really comes into his own. He finds out information is leaking and there must be a spy somewhere and he is concerned. So C3PO tells him of the network of informations they fun and they go to find a droid. Terex is waiting for them and the cat and mouse game is on again.

The action mostly made sense and the characters had more focus and voice here than previously. I had fun reading it unlike the first volume. The one thing that didn’t happe
Lata
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable continuation of Poe's story (leading up to The Force Awakens). In fact, I liked this set of issues more than those in volume one. Threepio gets to show off a little why Leia keeps him by her side, and a character from Chuck Wendig's Aftermath makes a brief appearance (yay!)
Cale
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the closest the Marvel Star Wars comics have gotten to the classic Rogue Squadron series. It's... not particularly close, but you do get a little bit of X-Wing combat. And more of Poe and his Black Squadron (most of whom are sidelined for the majority of this collection), as Poe goes on a mission to rescue one of C-3PO's spy robots.... Yes, you read that correctly. 3PO is now a spymaster, and it's a plot point that works surprisingly well. At the same time, Poe's nemesis Terex is on the ...more
sassafrass
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars, comics
BB8 HAS KILLED FOR POE AND HE IS WILLING TO KILL AGAIN!!!!!!
Stephanie
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
I really loved Threepio's spy network and the cameo from my favorite droid. <3 Like all Star Wars, the implicit slavery of droids (and the ease with which human heroes replace the droids' personalities/identities???) is extremely problematic.
Scott
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Slight improvement over Vol. 1 and a little more fast-moving, but still sort of bland. This time C-3PO shares the cover with Poe, and for good reason - he pretty much successfully plays the trusty sidekick role on their mission. Elsewhere, readers finally get a backstory on returning villain Terex (snotty as usual, but still not very colorful or intimidating) and his past is not exactly earth-shaking.
Ivy
5 🌟

RIP L'ulo. Glad Poe was able to find out who the spy was. Happy to see Black Squadron again. Nice to see Poe and C 3PO on an adventure together. Wonder what will happen to Terex.

Can't wait to read Poe Dameron #3: Legend Lost!!!!
Anchorpete
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
C-3po - Droid Spymaster.

That is enough to make you want to read this book, right?

Ok, let's move beyond that.... This has the best villain introduced in the new star wars canon. In this volume, we get to read about his super interesting backstory. This book really beefed up my excitement for The Last Jedi
Peace
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I like the art and love Poe and Co. TM, but the plots in these are pretty meh. I think they suffer from the "nothing much happens before TFA" syndrome. Hopefully it will pick up in the next volume.
Lance Shadow
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
The second Volume of Charle's Soule's Poe Dameron comic has released this month. After a one shot storyline with Poe Dameron #7, we go back to a full length story arc with issues #8-13 in "The Gathering Storm".
While Charles Soule as a writer for Star Wars comics has been hit or miss for me, I enjoyed the first volume of Poe Dameron, Poe Dameron, Vol. 1: Black Squadron, quite a bit. Despite being overall a bit of a cheese-fest and having a story that lacked tension, the characters and the dialog
Chris Greensmith
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
"Book III, Part V
THE GATHERING STORM
It is a time of uncertainty in the galaxy. Standing against the oppression of the First Order is General Organa's Resistance, including Poe Dameron and his team of ace pilots - Black Squadron.
A new enemy has emerged: Terex, an officer of the First Order Security Bureau. Redoubling his efforts to destroy Poe and his team, Terex has retaken control, of his previous crew, the ruthless Ranc gang-a move that has attracted the ire of First Order leader Kylo Ren.
Whi
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 Stars.

The Gathering Storm, like the volume before it, occurs before the events in The Force Awakens. After reading a couple of these volumes I’m starting to feel like I should go back and watch the movie (for the hundredth time) so I can try and see what Poe’s current squadron looks like. Maybe that’ll give me an idea of which characters to avoid getting attached to? Or maybe not. Their lack of appearance in the movie could simply be a continuity or communication issue.

(view spoiler)
Michael Mills
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A huge improvement over the first volume. As far as inevitable endpoints go, finding Lor San Tekka isn't the theft of the Death Star plans, but Charles Soule's having fun exploring the period immediately prior to The Force Awakens. It's a time of cold war between the New Republic and First Order, which Soule plays as akin to Britain/America and the Nazis circa 1936 (as with Doctor Aphra, Indiana Jones casts a long shadow).

description

With the films understandably keeping the future of the Star Wars Universe
Christine
3.5

Improvement over the first collection. The baddie is pretty awesome and the back story about him was interesting. Nice to 3PO in here to.
Roy
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Poe heads off on a mission with his trusty droids. Terex has the strangest outfit, to me it doesnt work. Solid story.
Lydia
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a pleasure to read!

As a writer, Soule's writing can feel a little muddy. The plot and motivations are unclear, while there's just a lot of action and establishing of characters.

But, as this is the second volume in the series, it's picked up. I felt that the stakes had been clearly established in this volume (which is important in a Star Wars story) and I saw a really well-crafted villain origin story, which I love.

Phil Noto's art is beautiful as always. I almost can't describe it
Jeff Lanter
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
It is nice to see what was good about Poe Dameron Vol. 1 continue on here. This is still a fun action/adventure oriented series with above average art. This volume fleshes out the villain in this series a bit more and I found him to be surprisingly likable and competent in a way that Imperials often are not. The stakes for Poe's adventures seem to rise too which is appreciated. I thought the plot was fun once again even if this volume did provoke some Star Wars continuity questions for me. Stars ...more
Paul Decker
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This second volume of the ongoing Poe Dameron series continues the story from the first volume involving Terex. It fleshes out Terex more as a character, showing his origins at the Battle of Jakku. This is a good completion to the Terex story, unless he comes back in volume three.

The droids absolutely shined in this comic. BB-8 is always awesome, using his skills in creative ways. C-3PO utilized his own talents in this one. We even got to see a Mister Bones reference! Hurray for Snap Wexley!

This
Monica (Tomes Project)
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is so much better than the first volume in that the story feels far more natural, as opposed to the issue-by-issue adventure that we saw in the last one. This has a more cohesive story and more connecting dots. We also get such added depth to all of our Black Squardron members. It's interesting going into a story where you know the overall endpoint, finding Lor San Tekka, but Soule is having fun with it and that's what I wanted. And as always, Noto's art is some of my absolute favorite.
Lainy122
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Still a fun read, but lost my momentum on this one a bit.

The story just didn't grab my interest like the first installment did, and I'm still unclear why the speech bubbles kept flickering back to the phonetic sounds of druid names (spelling See-threepeeoh instead of C3PO for example). It was incredibly distracting and diverted my attention more than it probably should have, which is likely why I had more difficulty focusing on the plot.
Dreximgirl
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fun instalment of Poe Dameron's adventures pre-Force Awakens. I'm really enjoying getting to know him more and see how he leads his team and the decisions he makes. It makes me feel like I understand his motivations and personality more. 4 and a half stars.
Gerandpa
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
MISTER BONES
Ramon
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Twisty, turny, with some real consequences. Appreciated Terex's backstory, and like the idea of Threepio having a spy network of droids.
Rhianna
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series is super, SUPER fun. And I'm not just saying that because Poe Dameron is my space boyfriend.
Grace
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars, solid
LOVE THAT PHIL NOTO ART. I don't particularly care too much about the story, but I SURE DO LOVE THAT ART.
rams
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I adored reading the first issues but these were so boring, i hope the next ones are much better because I can't go through another one of "these"
Willie Krischke

• Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • Star Wars: Shattered Empire
  • Star Wars, Volume 2: From the Ruins of Alderaan
  • Star Wars: Thrawn

Star Wars: Poe Dameron (5 books)
  • Star Wars: Poe Dameron, Vol. 1: Black Squadron