Start by marking “ALPHA (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #3)” as Want to Read:
ALPHA (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #3)

ALPHA

(Mackenzie Grey #3)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  467 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Mackenzie Grey never felt as vulnerable as she does now—but that won’t stop her from getting what she wants: revenge. Kenz and her friends journey to a new land where everyone has a motive and everyone is a suspect.
The Lunas find their voices after the massacre but question still stands—who is the real enemy? If Mackenzie wants to free herself, she will need to free them
Published November 15th 2016 by Black Quill Publishing

Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone

Mackenzie is back! She still has no filter. Says what she wants. And refuses to be controlled by anyone.

Because of her crimes in America, she's summoned for a trial in Europe. The majority of the story takes place in the King's castle. She and her friends search for the truth while they wait for their judgement.

A lot of new characters come into play. And we also see more Lunas coming out to seek freedom. This story is very strong on girl power,
Runningrabbit
Kindle Unlimited 4.5
Snarky, sarcastic, loud mouthed, arse kicking heroine - love her!
Diane Lynch
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
review to come
Sandra "Jeanz"
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifter
INITIAL THOUGHTS
Having totally adored the previous books in this series, I was truly looking forward to this book, and had high expectations for it too. I was eager to know if Mackenzie would ever make the choice between her two potential mates, or would someone else arrive on the scene and sweep her off her feet. Another thing I am eager to catch up with is has anything changed for the better for the Luna’s now they have Mackenzie to help their cause?

THOUGHTS WHILST READING
4% Oh wow! King Alexa
Nekeisha Ryce
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!!! I need more!!!! This can't be the end. At this point I glad she didn't make a choice and Amy.....so sorry but you should be a little more understanding since you made your choice. Oh and all the new tevelations....... This book was great and I need more now!!!!! Please don't keep me waiting!!!!!!!
Katherine Paschal
Book 3 in the series picks up right where book one ended, with Mackenzie and her boys fighting for justice for the slaying of the Luna's, even while facing the wrath of the king. The King of all werewolves, who just so happens to be Mackenzie's father, who never knew she existed. When the three of them are forced to travel to Scotland to face punishment for their crimes, Mackenzie refuses to back down, wanting Luna's to be equal in every way. This will be a battle that changes everything.

Do n
Megan
Feb 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
The MC is a nightmare. I mean a strait up crazy nightmare. She honestly always has been but I tried to look past it because I was into the semi romance. But now.. Now I can't take it any more. She acts like a child. And its not just like a couple actions NO every single thing she does is childish. Her temper is ridiculous. She stomps her freaking feet. I can't stand her. And I know I am on the 3rd book out of 4 but I honestly don't think I can continue with it. I wan't to make her real and kill ...more
Amber
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Karina Espinosa has done it again! She has managed to capture me and leave me on a book high, once again! I really love this series, we see just how stubborn, Mackenzie truly is. Rules are meant to be broken, especially those Mackenzie Grey disagrees with, which is most of them LOL I think we've all figured out by now that Mackenzie plays by her own rules, that is til she hurts those she loves most. So much drama, emotions, action and of course romance! As much as Ive always loved Jonah, I think ...more
Andrea Heltsley
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
Great end to a good series! Highly recommend. Five glittery stars!
Briar
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am SO excited to share this review with you guys!! I am just going to state from the start that I have enough crap in my everyday life, so I generally only read books with a HEA. Like I mentioned before I read to get away from the day to day grind and I really don’t want to read about other people with issues when those issues don’t end up in a HEA.

I was lucky to get an early copy of the book that came out today. Alpha by Karina Espinosa. I found her first book Shift when I was doing a trial
L.P. Hidalgo
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Words cannot express how long I've waited for this book. Its by far my favorite of the series. Watching the evolution of the character from book one to now allows me to fully appreciate the growth of the writing by the author.

Pros: Hello details! So happy that we were able to fully immerse ourselves within the realm of Mackenzie's world. The Luna's may have been knocked down and while Kenize's guilt palpable through the book, it fortifies her personality even more so. I truly adore Alexander! I
Kathleen Stebbins
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kathleen by: Karina Espinosa
I appreciate the arc in exchange for an honest review, I am thrilled to have gotten the chance to read the book. I have been anxiously waiting for it since Caged.

Check out a full in-depth review here: https://dustjacketreviews.wordpress.c...

Mac is back, the revolution failed and a tribunal is to be held. Likely to her death, what's a girl gotta do to be left alone? Everything's coming together in Alpha.

I really don't want to give too many spoilers. The King of the Lycans and his family is strai
Stephanie
OH WOW!...

Let me start off by saying I received an ARC of this book for my honest review.

Alpha was so ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AMAZING!!!! The characters are just as incredible now as they have always been, and boy did they keep me on an emotional roller coaster this book. The story picked up exactly where the Caged left off. Mac visits Scotland, meets daddy dearest, and kicks some SERIOUS HARDCORE A$$!! She is still the Mac we know an love. as are our favorite men, Sebastian and Jonah!
I've enjoyed t
Shawna
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book in return for my honest review.

WOW! This was an epic ending to an amazing series. I loved every moment of this book as well as the series. I don't think I could have asked for a more satisfying conclusion although I am sad to see it come to an end.

The main female lead is a head strong woman who finds herself in an unbelievable situation. Her bull headedness keeps her in trouble that eventually has her appearing before the royal court. How is she going to get
Michelle
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD!

Karina Espinosa has surprised me with EVERY book in this series.

Alpha is EXACTLY what it should be for the third book in a series.... The character dynamics were amazing, the pace was set perfectly and there were still plot twists that I didn't quite expect.

There is also a fait bit of humour in this one that had me laughing to myself like a crazy person!

Mackenzie proves once again that she is a force to be reckoned with when she faces her father and the European Summit. In order to ge
Carey Fletcher
2nd Read-Through - I still love this series! I do wish it was edited a bit better, but I've learned to ignore it. I love Mackenzie! I've finally been able to choose between Sebastian and Jonah; although, I'm not certain Mackenzie will choose either.

I love this series! This book deserves 5 stars based on the story. I absolutely love the story-line. But the editing really got to me - from misspelled words to missing apostrophes. But the one that got me the most was the odd verb tense ("He must ha
Stephanie
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So can i have the next one now?

This was a fantastic book and I can't wait for the next one.
I'm a little sad about some things. But I totally called some, I highly recommend this book.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Alpha is the third book in the MacKenzie Grey series, and comes complete with its own set of shocks and surprises. The majority of this book is set in Scotland, far away from human eyes... well, apart from Amy's that is. Kenzie has her 'family' around her - Lucian, Jackson, Amy, Bash, and Jonah - as she meets her family for the first time. Bash and Jonah have a plan, which Kenzie suffers through. She is so not a traditional Luna! The twists and turns keep a'coming, and the story will have you ho ...more
Kina
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my favourite and least favourite versions of Mackenzie. I just love a good complex character maybe because it seems so much more real. She seriously kicked ass in this book so many times, either with her fists or with her verbal zingers. But sometimes she was like a adolescent! So annoying but the funny part is she started to recognize it in the end too. I really liked how each book in this series is a completely different story just with the main idea of freeing the Lunas ki ...more
Hannah
Jun 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Jennifer Aldrich
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
This is one of my favorite books of the series. We have some very big revelations that were revealed in the last two books and book three is the one that will blow your mind. Not only do we get much needed answers, but the romance is ramped up a bit in this one. The series does have a love triangle and this story helps clear things up for you. We also get to meet some amazing characters once again and explore a different world.

Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5
Chantelle Bouffanie
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I've volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. This is the third book in this series. I absolutely love this story. This series just gets better and better. The plot twist! The action, suspense, romance, mystery. I couldn't put done this book. I had to know what was going to happen. I love Mackenzie's spunk, it's so contagious that you just can't help but root for her to win. I REALLY can't wait to drive into the next book. I HIGHLY recommend this series. This is a ...more
Lisa
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

The storyline is solid and the characters likeable. I just didnt like the love triangle and kenzies inability to make up her own mind. In the end winning her freedom along with the lunas but losing her friendships along the way. She ended up with no one. Whilst she had her ending I was hoping she might have chosen one of the two men in her life but she didnt choose any.... not really my sort of ending however there is a fourth book. Drew is with the fae queen. So it seems there is more
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better. Mackenzie has blossomed as a wolf and takes her bad ass self to a whole new level in Alpha.

To say Mackenzie's life is complicated is an understatement. Someone is out to kill her. Her family is riddled with secrets and lies. Two hot guys want her. And her best friend insists on tagging along despite the danger.

Leading a revolution is messy and lives are inevitably lost. Alpha is a fast paced, high action, and heavy emotional read. I laughed
I che
Marie Pedrick
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. The third book in the Mackenzie grey series sees kenzie in Scotland on trial for the murder of the Chicago pack alpha. And follows her and bashes blossoming love story.
This book however doesn’t work as a stand alone and I would recommend readers to read the first two books or some parts will not make as much sense without them. Not that anyone would be disappointed reading the other books in the series.
This review was written on behalf of Amo’s book corner.
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! This is the third book in this series. I absolutely love this story. This series just gets better and better. The plot twist! The action, suspense, romance, mystery. I couldn't put done this book. I had to know what was going to happen. I love Mackenzie's spunk, it's so contagious that you just can't help but root for her to win. I REALLY can't wait to drive into the next book. I HIGHLY recommend this series. This is a MUST HAVE! Keep up the great job!

Review by Chantelle
Cathy Pardue
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alpha Indeed

So many twists and turns. I really enjoyed this book. The only thing I didn't like, was the dynamic with Mackenzie, Jonas and Sebastian. It's a little frustrating at this point. We get it, she needs no one. She has a lot of stuff to figure out in this book.
Start a revolution, meet dad, survive. Looking forward to the last book.
CrystalCat
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did not see that coming!

I have loved Mackenzie from the beginning and love her more now. I understand all of her choices even though I disagree with some of them. This is a story that is action packed and full of surprises. This book will hurt your heart if you have read all of the others, but give you hope for the character's future (depending on how you feel about the ending of this book). Cannot wait for book 4.
Miranda DeLong
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! SO FILM WORTHY!!!

Wish I could give this more stars! I fell in love with the story. Kenzie is a bad to the bone Lycan and I don't believe another story could get better than this. WOW...... Mind blowing and speechless. If you like romance, strong female, drama and action you need to read this series. It will not disappoint!
Zoe
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best werewolf series I've read! Just finished this series - what can I say but if you love Werewolves and sassy, sarcastic, mouthy heroines, this is definitely one for your TBR! This is a great series and I have read all three books back-to-back. It was a complete change to the books I have read recently and it was a fantastic change.
Karina Espinosa is the Urban Fantasy author of the Sins of the Fallen series and the Mackenzie Grey novels. Infatuated with travel, pop culture, and the need to write everything down, she spends much of her days in front of a computer working on her next book, shopping online, and listening to music. With nomadic tendencies, she is currently resting her head in South Florida until the itch to move ...more

Mackenzie Grey (4 books)
  • SHIFT (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #1)
  • CAGED (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #2)
  • OMEGA (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #4)