Start by marking “Alpha (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #3)” as Want to Read:
Alpha (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #3)

Alpha

(Mackenzie Grey: Origins #3)

Mackenzie Grey never felt as vulnerable as she does now—but that won’t stop her from getting what she wants: revenge. Kenz and her friends journey to a new land where everyone has a motive and everyone is a suspect.
The Lunas find their voices after the massacre but question still stands—who is the real enemy? If Mackenzie wants to free herself, she will need to free them
Published November 15th 2016 by Black Quill Publishing

Start your review of Alpha (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #3)
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone

Mackenzie is back! She still has no filter. Says what she wants. And refuses to be controlled by anyone.

Because of her crimes in America, she's summoned for a trial in Europe. The majority of the story takes place in the King's castle. She and her friends search for the truth while they wait for their judgement.

A lot of new characters come into play. And we also see more Lunas coming out to seek freedom. This story is very strong on girl power,
Megan (BookWifeReviews)
Feb 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
The MC is a nightmare. I mean a straight up crazy nightmare. She honestly always has been but I tried to look past it because I was into the semi romance. But now.. Now I can't take it any more. She acts like a child. And its not just like a couple actions NO every single thing she does is childish. Her temper is ridiculous. She stomps her freaking feet. I can't stand her. And I know I am on the 3rd book out of 4 but I honestly don't think I can continue with it. I wan't to make her real and kil ...more
lauren
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Happy bubble popped

I just don't know, I liked the first two books but this one, not so much. It's hard to see Mackenzie as someone who cares and fights for everyone when she constantly puts everyone's life in danger for her gun-ho wants an needs. Its also really exasperating watching her stomp her foot and act like a totally child throughout the book. Now everything that can go wrong does, total s**** show, this book seems to have lost me when the whole team, and I mean the whole team breaks apa
Runningrabbit
Kindle Unlimited 4.5
Snarky, sarcastic, loud mouthed, arse kicking heroine - love her!
Nekeisha Ryce
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!!! I need more!!!! This can't be the end. At this point I glad she didn't make a choice and Amy.....so sorry but you should be a little more understanding since you made your choice. Oh and all the new tevelations....... This book was great and I need more now!!!!! Please don't keep me waiting!!!!!!!
Sandra "Jeanz"
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifter
INITIAL THOUGHTS
Having totally adored the previous books in this series, I was truly looking forward to this book, and had high expectations for it too. I was eager to know if Mackenzie would ever make the choice between her two potential mates, or would someone else arrive on the scene and sweep her off her feet. Another thing I am eager to catch up with is has anything changed for the better for the Luna’s now they have Mackenzie to help their cause?

THOUGHTS WHILST READING
4% Oh wow! King Alexa
Lisa
Mar 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Gah. I can't read this series anymore. Kenzie has become a ridiculously selfish character. She thinks about nothin' but herself. It's a constant pity party. She has people that will literally die for her, but all she can think about it herself. Even her 'passion' to save the Lunas stems from a very selfish perspective, and she's never happy with what she's achieved. It's never enough for her, and she'll push everyone to the brink of death until everyone's dead.

Not only that, she made a life chan
Karinloos
McKenzie is a super annoying tantrum throwing teenager in this installment. This book was a major dissapointment after the 2nd book. There was a lot of character growth in the second book which was completely nullified in this book. Her immature behaviour was totally offputting, also the swing back to the love triangle and her not being able to make up her mind between the 2 wolves after a year of living together with Roman was also a total regress.
Katherine Paschal
Book 3 in the series picks up right where book one ended, with Mackenzie and her boys fighting for justice for the slaying of the Luna's, even while facing the wrath of the king. The King of all werewolves, who just so happens to be Mackenzie's father, who never knew she existed. When the three of them are forced to travel to Scotland to face punishment for their crimes, Mackenzie refuses to back down, wanting Luna's to be equal in every way. This will be a battle that changes everything.

Amber
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Karina Espinosa has done it again! She has managed to capture me and leave me on a book high, once again! I really love this series, we see just how stubborn, Mackenzie truly is. Rules are meant to be broken, especially those Mackenzie Grey disagrees with, which is most of them LOL I think we've all figured out by now that Mackenzie plays by her own rules, that is til she hurts those she loves most. So much drama, emotions, action and of course romance! As much as Ive always loved Jonah, I think ...more
Andrea Heltsley
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
Great end to a good series! Highly recommend. Five glittery stars!
Kathy Zuercher Diveley
Kenz

Finally she meets her Father, the King and his family. She has a brother, Andrew who puts out a weird vibe. She has her trial, and ends up fighting a Wendigo to earn her freedom. She ends up organizing a world wide rebellion to give rights to the Lunas. She ends up fighting the Queen who killed her Mother. And Andrew, her stepbrother who is half fae and not Alexander's son and organized the killing of the Lunas in America. The King declares freedom for the Lunas, but change will take time.
Briar
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am SO excited to share this review with you guys!! I am just going to state from the start that I have enough crap in my everyday life, so I generally only read books with a HEA. Like I mentioned before I read to get away from the day to day grind and I really don’t want to read about other people with issues when those issues don’t end up in a HEA.

I was lucky to get an early copy of the book that came out today. Alpha by Karina Espinosa. I found her first book Shift when I was doing a trial
Bethany
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I have to say is wow. I was not sure if book 3 would keep my attention because I stink at book series but I like how it follows Makenzie and her story in each book. Book 3 had my laughing one minute and the next ugly crying. AMAZING!
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Alpha is the third book in the MacKenzie Grey series, and comes complete with its own set of shocks and surprises. The majority of this book is set in Scotland, far away from human eyes... well, apart from Amy's that is. Kenzie has her 'family' around her - Lucian, Jackson, Amy, Bash, and Jonah - as she meets her family for the first time. Bash and Jonah have a plan, which Kenzie suffers through. She is so not a traditional Luna! The twists and turns keep a'coming, and the story will have you ho ...more
Kathleen Stewart
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kathleen by: Karina Espinosa
I appreciate the arc in exchange for an honest review, I am thrilled to have gotten the chance to read the book. I have been anxiously waiting for it since Caged.

Check out a full in-depth review here: https://dustjacketreviews.wordpress.c...

Mac is back, the revolution failed and a tribunal is to be held. Likely to her death, what's a girl gotta do to be left alone? Everything's coming together in Alpha.

I really don't want to give too many spoilers. The King of the Lycans and his family is strai
L.P. Hidalgo
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Words cannot express how long I've waited for this book. Its by far my favorite of the series. Watching the evolution of the character from book one to now allows me to fully appreciate the growth of the writing by the author.

Pros: Hello details! So happy that we were able to fully immerse ourselves within the realm of Mackenzie's world. The Luna's may have been knocked down and while Kenize's guilt palpable through the book, it fortifies her personality even more so. I truly adore Alexander! I
Stephanie
OH WOW!...

Let me start off by saying I received an ARC of this book for my honest review.

Alpha was so ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AMAZING!!!! The characters are just as incredible now as they have always been, and boy did they keep me on an emotional roller coaster this book. The story picked up exactly where the Caged left off. Mac visits Scotland, meets daddy dearest, and kicks some SERIOUS HARDCORE A$$!! She is still the Mac we know an love. as are our favorite men, Sebastian and Jonah!
I've enjoyed t
Lynn's books
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced

Non-stop action! I'm loving this series! We get answers on Mackenzie's past and Luciens involvement, which I think there may be a bit more we don't know. I loved the surprises and better yet seeing some theories come to pass. Mackenzies' sarcasm makes her utterly enduring. She is a fun character. She makes me crazy at times when she is dense to the clues that are so hopelessly obvious. She never asked for details about her mom until this book...or to even question Ivana when she heard
Michelle
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD!

Karina Espinosa has surprised me with EVERY book in this series.

Alpha is EXACTLY what it should be for the third book in a series.... The character dynamics were amazing, the pace was set perfectly and there were still plot twists that I didn't quite expect.

There is also a fait bit of humour in this one that had me laughing to myself like a crazy person!

Mackenzie proves once again that she is a force to be reckoned with when she faces her father and the European Summit. In order to ge
Shawna
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book in return for my honest review.

WOW! This was an epic ending to an amazing series. I loved every moment of this book as well as the series. I don't think I could have asked for a more satisfying conclusion although I am sad to see it come to an end.

The main female lead is a head strong woman who finds herself in an unbelievable situation. Her bull headedness keeps her in trouble that eventually has her appearing before the royal court. How is she going to get
Carey Fletcher
2nd Read-Through - I still love this series! I do wish it was edited a bit better, but I've learned to ignore it. I love Mackenzie! I've finally been able to choose between Sebastian and Jonah; although, I'm not certain Mackenzie will choose either.

I love this series! This book deserves 5 stars based on the story. I absolutely love the story-line. But the editing really got to me - from misspelled words to missing apostrophes. But the one that got me the most was the odd verb tense ("He must ha
Cathy Pardue
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alpha Indeed

So many twists and turns. I really enjoyed this book. The only thing I didn't like, was the dynamic with Mackenzie, Jonas and Sebastian. It's a little frustrating at this point. We get it, she needs no one. She has a lot of stuff to figure out in this book.
Start a revolution, meet dad, survive. Looking forward to the last book.
Stephanie
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So can i have the next one now?

This was a fantastic book and I can't wait for the next one.
I'm a little sad about some things. But I totally called some, I highly recommend this book.
Hayley
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome instalment in the series!

Wow, so much happens in this jam packed book, with a lot of shocks for Mackenzie and the gang in Scotland. This is by far my fave book of the series.
Shanene Wayne
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Action

This book was full of action and strong women! Mackenzie wants to fight for what is right and what she believes in! She has a sarcastic voice she reminds me of myself 😉 I feel bad for Jonah but he wasn’t right for her in my opinion Sebastian is!
Heather Gilbert

This feels like the conclusion to a series, though it isn’t? So much gets handled and answered, but there are still questions. On to the next book!
Kina
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my favourite and least favourite versions of Mackenzie. I just love a good complex character maybe because it seems so much more real. She seriously kicked ass in this book so many times, either with her fists or with her verbal zingers. But sometimes she was like a adolescent! So annoying but the funny part is she started to recognize it in the end too. I really liked how each book in this series is a completely different story just with the main idea of freeing the Lunas ki ...more
Lourdes Sreb
This is the third book of the series and I’m having a hard time going on. I have this weird commitment to always finish a series no matter what but I’ve never had a more difficult time in my life!

The MC is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! I cringed every time she opens her mouth. At this point I’m only in it to see what happens with bash and Jonah who I’m also starting to dislike (more on that later) Mackenzie Grey is the most juvenile, childish heroine I’ve ever read. She’s severely stubborn, never learns fr
Hannah
Jun 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Branded by Fire (Blood & Magic, #4)
  • Burned by Fire (Blood & Magic, #3)
  • Forged by Fire (Blood & Magic #6)
  • Moon Tortured (Sky Brooks, #1)
  • Lunar Marked (Sky Brooks, #4)
  • Midnight Falls (Sky Brooks, #3)
  • Consumed by Fire (Blood and Magic, #5)
  • Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic #1)
  • Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
  • Kissed by Fire (Blood & Magic #2)
  • Moon Burned (The Wolf Wars, #1)
  • Darkness Unchained (Sky Brooks, #2)
  • Midnight Sky (Sky Brooks #7)
  • Shadows & Surrender (The Jezebel Files, #3)
  • Ancient Magic (Stolen Magic Book 2)
  • Moon Broken (The Wolf Wars, #2)
  • Shadow Magic (Hidden Magic #1)
  • Forgotten Magic (Stolen Magic Book 1)
Karina Espinosa is the Urban Fantasy Author of the Mackenzie Grey novels and The Last Valkyrie series. An avid reader throughout her life, the world of Urban Fantasy easily became an obsession that turned into a passion for writing strong leading characters with authentic story arcs. When she isn’t writing badass heroines, you can find this self-proclaimed nomad in her South Florida home binge wat ...more

Mackenzie Grey: Origins (4 books)
  • Shift (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #1)
  • Caged (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #2)
  • Omega (Mackenzie Grey: Origins #4)

News & Interviews