Start by marking “After We Fall (After We Fall, #2)” as Want to Read:
After We Fall (After We Fall, #2)

After We Fall

(After We Fall #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  13,406 ratings  ·  1,558 reviews
Jack Valentini isn’t my type.

Sexy, brooding cowboys are fine in the movies, but in real life, I prefer a suit and tie. Proper manners. A close shave.

Jack might be gorgeous, but he’s also scruffy, rugged, and rude. He wants nothing to do with a “rich city girl” like me, and he isn’t afraid to say so.

But I’ve got a PR job to do for his family’s farm, so he’s stuck with me
355 pages
Published November 28th 2016 (first published November 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about After We Fall, please sign up.
Meg ~Delight in the Quiet~ Yes, you won't be lost. I read this without reading the first one and loved it.

·  13,406 ratings  ·  1,558 reviews

Start your review of After We Fall (After We Fall, #2)
Karen Mc
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What if I fall? Oh, but my darling, what if you fly? ~Erin Hansen

I fell in love with Melanie Harlow’s latest sensation, After We Fall, by just reading the synopsis. I had not even sunk myself into story and I KNEW it would be a heart-thrashing hit. Cowboy…OH YES for this Southern gal. Ex-Army soldier…DOUBLE YES for this Army wife. Brooding, hot, muscular, rugged alpha…YES, YES, YES! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

After We Fall held me in its clutches, quickly captivating and claiming me in one utterly UNPUTD
Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After I finish a book by Melanie Harlow, I fall more and more in love with her. I didn't think that was even possible. But it is. And do you know why?? Because she is one of the most talented and brilliant writers that I know. She takes real life issues — sad and heartbreaking situations — and turns them into something beautiful and meaningful. While still adding her signature Harlow humor.

We have two characters, Jack and Margot. Two beautiful souls wanting to break free of their pasts. Jack ha
Margaret
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It's learning to Dance in the Rain"

When you are beyond grief after a devastating loss,
it is unimaginable that life goes on or that you can
truly love again. Melanie gave us a story that is
beyond amazing at learning how to push forward,
find hope and be able to open your heart and find
happiness again.

After We Fall is a journey with chapters that you will
laugh, cry, melt and just completely fall in love with.
You meet brooding Jack and the strong
Shayna
I swooned and I fell...HARD! You know what makes a great romance author? When they are able to make me experience EVERY EMOTION POSSIBLE with only their words. An instant re-read! An instant favorite! A second chance at love...a second chance at hope...a second chance to FEEL! Nobody gets me out of my own head like Melanie Harlow. AFTER WE FALL was just...PHENOMENAL!

I don't know if you guys are getting sick of me saying this but every book that Melanie Harlow releases is better than the last!
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
I'm a long time fangirl of Melanie Harlow and I've never hesitated to one-click her because I always know I'll get a well-written, sexy, fun book out of it. But this book....this book is her best yet (Sorry Sebastian).

Sure you get the sexy, steamy scenes she writes so perfectly and the funny moments you're used to from her, but you also get an emotional, heartbreaking story about love and loss, of moving forward and letting go.

I think that Melanie did a terrific job of developing Jack's characte
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

collage2

I love Melanie Harlow’s books. Fun and sexy or sweet and emotional, her books are always so well written and delightful and her characters are always so endearing and relatable. Her feel-good romances always made me smile and swoon and I always relate with her characters in one way or another. While I enjoyed every single one of Melanie’s books I’ve read in the past, I have to say 'After We Fall' was my favorite book from her and in my humble opinion her best work to date. 'After We F
Dena
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THIS! This is exactly why I love to blog. I'm screaming this...YES Shouting. YOU MUST READ AFTER WE FALL!!!! I'd give this 100 STARS if I could!

Margot is a rich city girl who is still single and childless, about to turn 30 years old while all alone. What she never expects is her asshole ex to suddenly propose to her out of nowhere in the middle of the night. Now she finds herself in the country, a few hours away from home for work while also getting away from home. Margot is in the country to h
EpicRomanceReviews
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OH MY HEART!!! I’m not sure how Melanie Harlow does it, but every time I read a book of hers, I fall so head over heels, madly and passionately in love with her characters, I just want to crawl inside the pages and never ever leave!!!

Granted, every novel penned by this luminously talented author is dazzling in its own right--and always hits my “sweet spot.” No matter what deeply emotional journey she takes her characters on, there is always a sense of joie de vivre to her writing that I inevita
Ginny Rose
It never fails. Once you open a Harlow novel prepare to be enchanted. Prepare for the words to lure you in. Expect to connect with the characters and their emotions. This continues to be true, especially with After We Fall.

Jack Valentini. From the moment he's introduced, my heart was wrapped around this man. Is it possible to connect this deeply with a fictional character? He proved you can. Actually, describing this man will do justice to him or his story. You NEED to read who Jack is.

Margot
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We had nothing to worry about, no relationship drama, no complications. But we did have a deadline. An expiration date. In a week, this thing between us would be over. I looked over at him, and my stomach flipped. What if I didn’t want it to end?

photo CityGirl_zpsnkakmubz.jpg

You know the old saying – ”never judge a book by its cover”??? Well, let me just say, this story more than lived up to its cover!! When I saw the book, I was instantly mesmerized! So much that I
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ~ 5 Stars

”I know I could love you…”

[image error]

Melanie Harlow delivers on so many fantastic levels with this story! There’s humor, combustible chemistry, a tortured hero, heartache, and love. I truly enjoyed this story and I’m not even a big fan of hero’s who cling to the ‘love of their life’ long after they have left this world. However, Jack Valentini is my exception to this book type he was so tortured by his his military past, the loss of his wife, and his pain was a tangible thing.
KAS
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well ... I am no longer a Melanie Harlow virgin ;)

And, I will admit to sometimes skimming the smokin’ hot sex scenes with one eye closed. Whew!!

I very much enjoyed the characters and this second chance storyline. Sweet and sad. Funny and frustrating. Macho and mushy. Great romantic combos in my book. Humor was also dispersed throughout.

Margot couldn’t have been any feistier or funnier, and Jack, well Jack just about broke my heart.

From the minute the two met they got on each other’s nerves. She,
Luna Sol
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
This story was captivating and deeply emotional. I can't help it to love a broken hero. Jack Valentini won my heart from the beginning. I know when i connect deeply with the characters I read because I become obsessed in seeing them happy. This is how I felt about Jack and Margot. There was a lot of healing and learning to do and do it all with a lot patience. Melanie Harlow's words to this story were of the highest calibre, making you feel every single agony, every single heartbeat, every singl ...more
Aestas Book Blog
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

“I’m not asking for a promise. I’m asking for a chance. That’s all. A chance.”

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!! This was such a wonderful book!! It genuinely warmed my heart and left me feeling so happy. It was an incredibly well balanced story — it will make you laugh out loud in one scene, break your heart in the next, and then have you fanning yourself with how HOT it is!! The hero was former soldier who tragically lost his beloved wife and just never recovered from
LeAnn
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are books that I know will stick with me no matter how much time passes, After We Fall is without a doubt, one of those books. Melanie Harlow writes characters that I am drawn to, but she's outdone herself with Jack and Margaret. Jack's past is just heartbreaking, he's so hurt and confused, it'll bring a tear to your eye (or if you're like me, you'll bawl your eyes out!), but under it all, he is a man that is so worthy of love. Margot has a heart of gold, she's been put through the ringer ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Melanie Harlow Fans, Romance
4.5 It's OK to Love Again Stars
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free
How do I start this review...Do I sing the praises of Melanie Harlow... Do I let you know how this book has so many fantastic moments... Funny, Sexy and down right laugh out loud... Or do I start by letting you know how well Harlow approached the pain our returning Vets face every day...
For me, this spotlight on a serious subject more and more common was the heart and soul of this piece.

Oh, there were other issues to tackle... like when a w
J. McCoy
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Every time I pick up a Melanie Harlow book I know I’m going to get a unique love story - something that could happen in real life but is blessed with Melanie's touch of humor. Her portrayal of Margot was absolutely spot on! I loved how she blended her character to have this sort of stuffy, aristocratic, prim and proper side but deep down she’s just a girl who wants to have her mouth so full of cock that she can’t breath. I can kind of relate to her. Don’t tell anyone I said
Geri Reads
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

This has got to be my favorite Melanie Harlow book to date!

After We Fall is an emotionally charged, heart-stopping romance between a broken man who feels his chance at love has passed and a woman determined to prove him wrong.

After a humiliating experience with her ex at a charity event, Margot is need of a break. An out-of-town client of their PR firm provided Margot a chance to get away for awhile. The job was simple: help a family owned farm get their branding and web presence off t
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
A story filled with passion, second chances, and most of all, adapting the idea of love never dying for anyone...

This was such a sweet read, and honestly Melanie never senses to disappoint with her writing that brings tears to my eyes and an open heart to my soul! This is a story filled with love and passion that brings the reader to understand a higher attention towards what love truly is and what it means to us...

A story filled with regrets...

Admiration...

Chemistry...

And most of all, patie
Jen
4.5 Stars

In ten days, I’d be back in my world, and this would just be that craziest-thing-I’ve-ever-done story I looked back on and laughed about.
Or cried about. One of the two.

Since this is my third attempt at this review (Goodreads and sneaky book reviews during work hours do NOT make an ideal combo. Lesson learned.) I've decided to just let it all out and ramble a bit. Bear with me now.

Stuff I freaking loved:
Absolutely everything! From the pissed off first meeting to the eventual comin
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
4.5 Chicken Coop and City Girl Stars

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

A hot tortured farmer? A city girl teaching him how to love again? Sign me up!

Margot has a late visitor. Her ex wants to get back together and proposes to her. If that doesn't smell fishy...yet she considers it. The next day at a fundraiser he presents his "new fiancé". Only...it isn't her. She's had enough, something's gotta give. After throwing a tray of scones at her ex-jerk she decides to go out of town to get away from the g
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N473791/...

4.5 STARS <3

After We Fall is an emotional, super hot and sweet story. With a hero who will make you swoon!

description

Jack has lost his wife and now he has many issues. He is broken and he pushes everyone who love him away! Margot is a city girl who can get whatever she needs but if you look deeper you can understand that something is missing. She needs to live for a little and the opportunity is coming with a new job at the Valentini brothers farm. Ther
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐4 Stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You know what I love more than a forbidden romance? A tortured hero. Melanie Harlow made two of the most unlikely characters have something in common and through that, they created an unbreakable bond. This was not your ordinary couple and I loved the fact that not only they were different, but realistic.

Being a city girl and coming from a wealthy family, Margot has everything she could ever want. Nice car, comfortable town house, you name it and she has it. But getting a
Melanie Harlow
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Have you taken the fall yet? Discover the book all your friends are talking about.

AFTER WE FALL, an all new second chance STANDALONE romance is available now!
Amazon ➜ http://amzn.to/2g05BlN
iBooks ➜ http://apple.co/2fofGgG
Nook ➜ http://bit.ly/2eK64ZV

Jack Valentini isn’t my type.

Olga therebelreader
I really loved this book. It hit all the key points in a wonderful and well written story. The author has a method of writing in where you get sucked into the story right away. Brooding, loner farmer Jack doesn’t want romance - he’s a widower and has loved and lost enough for a lifetime. When he meets Margot, the sweet, gentle, rich city girl, who comes to help promote his agritourism business, his peace and quiet are in serious jeopardy. Things start to heat up for the two, soon. Wary Jack is b ...more
Diana
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Sconehenge Stars

After We Fall,by Melanie Harlow, is a sweet story about learning to take a second chance and being brave enough to fight for a life that you always dreamed about.

Margo Thurber Lewiston has to lay low for a while. After fighting and throwing scones at her ex-boyfriend while attending a party thrown by donor’s for her father’s Senatorial campaign, the gossip is flying, so leaving town was a good choice. She takes a mini working vacation to help the Valentini Brothers Farm with
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I have always enjoyed Melanie Harlow's books, loved them actually. Definitely adding After We Fall to the list. This book captured my attention from the beginning. I wanted to see Margot get her HEA, as well for Jack finding his after losing the love of his life in a tragic accident. Would they find their other half to their puzzled lives or need to keep looking??
[image error]

This book pulled on my emotions throughout it. Will Jack finally cave and let go of the past or will he not, and be s
Paige
4 "New Love" Stars

After We Fall is an emotional starting over love story in which second love proves that life doesn't stop even when the worst happens. It was a poignant story of healing and pain and devotion and devastation. It's also one with humor and sweetness. Jack and Margot's story runs the gamut of emotions and Ms. Harlow proved that while first love is important, last love is exceptional.

With a background in country boy versus city girl, Jack and Margot have much to overcome after the
Becca Reads A Lot
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Did Melanie Harlow just write the perfect book?
The jury is still out. But, it feels damn close right now.

This book is funny, sexy, and angsty.
I am in love with every scene and word.

Real talk: Margot might be me in another life, or this one. She says things that have been said to me or that I have said. Margot lived within the rules of her society, until she just couldn't anymore. She threw the scone.
I loved every single thing about her.
She is resilient.

Jack was perfectly imperfect and broody
Wil Loves Books!
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great book, well written, super angsty, funny at times with an amazing heroine that stole by heart, hence the 4 stars. I also loved the secondary characters, the city girl/country boy trope and the whole farm setting.

But...but...but, this is me and not the book. I'm just not a fan of the hero that is still hung up on someone else, dead or alive and this hero was soooo hung up on his dead ex wife I had an extremely hard time believing he was in love with the heroine. Second best is one

• Imperfect Match
  • Casanova (Chic)
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Pretend You're Mine
  • Sexy, descarado, irresistible
  • Say You'll Stay (Return to Me, #1)
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Say You Want Me (Return to Me, #2)
  • The Trade
  • Inappropriate
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • By a Thread
  • Show Me the Way (Fight for Me, #1)
  • Here With Me
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Wait for Me
  • Say I'm Yours (Return to Me, #3)
  • Park Avenue Player
USA Today bestselling author of sweet and sexy romance. Lover of cocktails, high heels, and history with the naughty bits left in. Michigan girl. INTJ. Always seeking ginspiration...

Find me!

FULL LIST OF BOOKS:

Series:
Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1) by Melanie Harlow

After We Fall (4 books)
  • Man Candy (After We Fall, #1)
  • If You Were Mine (After We Fall, #3)
  • From This Moment (After We Fall, #4)