Start by marking “Convenient Lies (Hidden Truths #1)” as Want to Read:
Convenient Lies (Hidden Truths #1)

Convenient Lies

(Hidden Truths #1)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  327 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
What happens when a woman marries her greatest enemy?

When investigative journalist Reagan McAdams discovers her new husband Julien is part of a powerful international crime family, she flees Paris with their newborn, returning to her childhood home in Nutfield, New Hampshire. She plans to gather her inheritance, collect her beloved grandmother, and disappear forever. She’l
Published October 25th 2016 by JDO Publishing

Bibi
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tsk tsk

*Spoilers*

As much as it pains me I can’t but rate this as is, and it all boils down to momentum.

In broad strokes, the story is about, Reagan, a woman with many secrets, who decides to run away from Paris and from her hubby, Julien. In tow is their brand spanking newborn. Well, Reagan, you see, discovered that Julien was not who he portrayed himself to be and not only that, she also had information that linked him and his family to terrorists activities.

She heads back to the US and lands
Coco.V
Oct 30, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (10/30/2018)! 💝
Staci
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
In a suspense novel, I'm looking for a pager turner and plausibility. Convenient Lies was most definitely a page turner and I was engaged in the story from the beginning. There was one point that I'm not sure if it was realistic or not, but it could be so will tip the scale in that direction.

Main character Rae is trying to find a better life for her and her son. The path to getting there is incredibly dangerous and risky. She is a tough lady.

My gratitude to the author for a complimentary copy of
Becky Macy
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author quickly drew me into the story line, and kept things moving, all the way through. I thought I "knew" how it might end; but in this truly suspenseful novel, I was wrong! It is full of well-developed characters, some of which face danger. Romance is included, too. I look forward to the next book in this series!
Lisa Johnson
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Convenient Lies
Author: Robin Patchen
Pages: 394
Year: 2016
Publisher: Create Space
My rating 5+ out of 5 stars.
There are authors who can tell a good story and there are those who tell a story in such a way it leaves readers wanting more. Readers can tell too if a book isn’t worth reading. Robin Patchen is more than a story teller! In Convenient Lies, she drew me into a world where secrets were kept for a variety of reasons, and lies were told as easy as turning on a light switch. When the mai
Danielle Carpenter
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a scary scenario and I loved the book. I wasn't sure how the author was going to wrap it up and there is a surprise to how it ends. I give my approval. So if you suspense, drama and sudden twists and their are several of them, you are going to enjoy this book.
Deb
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you cross a desperate lady running for her life and a detective who still carries a flame for her? You get suspense, intrigue, romance, drama, and an edge of your seat thriller. In this story you met Rae who decides to go on the run with her newborn son once she discovers she has married a terrorist. But what do you need to live life on the run - money. So her journey begins in her hometown where she hopes to find some gold coins her father had hidden years ago to fund her l ...more
Kelly Tyree
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Convenient Lies is an edge of your seat book. It grips you from page one and keeps you engaged right up to the exciting end.

Reagan McAdams is married to Julien who is an international arms dealer. They have a two week old baby, Johnny. Reagan learns Julien is engaged in activities that are illegal and immoral. She takes their son and leaves him. She returns to the home of her grandmother with the intent of going into hiding. She knows it is a matter of time before Julien or his very powerful fa
Edward Arrington
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Robin Patchen that I have read. I was quite pleased for the most part with the story. The title seems quite appropriate for the story. A woman who has changed her identity to escape the infamy of a childhood deed has married a man who has kept his real identity hidden from her. He is the son of a major international crime boss. Their reasons are different but both are living a lie. Are there varying degrees of lies? Are the lies of one any worse than the lies of the oth ...more
Terry Houchin
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

The action starts right on the first page. I immediately liked Rae and wanted her to be able to get away from Julien. I was pulling for her to be able to make a home in New Hampshire through out the whole book. I was afraid she was going to panic and run away and be on the run looking over her shoulder for the rest of her life.

The tension in this book is perfect. It is paced just right.

Quite a few twists I didn't see coming. I love it when that happens!

If Romantic Suspense is y
Sharon Srock
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In Convenient Lies, Robin Patchen delivers a story of a small town girl caught up in a dangerous international crime family. What Reagan thought was love has turned into control. When her son is born she knows his future is at stake and she runs home to the only people who might be able to help her. The story is tightly woven, the action fast paced, and the characters are multifaceted. You'll be on the edge of your seat long before you reach the final page.
Alice
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fast-paced terror-filled book that will hold you spell-bound! When Rae finds evidence that her husband has not been honest with her and goes completely against what she holds true, she takes her baby and runs. From Tunis to Paris to the US, Rae runs to protect herself and her baby from the terrorism that shows itself in his father's family. This book will hold your attention from the first word until the last word.
Lori Shankle
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Me. Patches was able to weave a very convincing story filled with action, danger, love and compassion. The more I read the more I wanted to keep reading. Anyone who loves love, HEA, danger and the thrill of the chase will love this book. I received this book free as a ARC. I voluntarily review this book. This is my honest review
Juli Hall
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Robin that I've read and not my typical genre, I was engrossed by the first chapter. Loved the storyline and the characters were well developed. Definitely recommend it. Looking forward to reading more by her.
Clare Revell
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A real page turner. Throughly enjoyed it.
Maria
I really enjoy this book, it was thrilling and unexpected how it was developed, it s well writed , good descriptions of Characters and the sorroundings, it s a good book

Beverly
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very suspenseful book. Really enjoyed reading. Felt very modern. Kept me wondering how it could end in a good way. Worth reading for sure
Di
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! A real page turner, could not put it down.
Toni Shiloh
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Page turner! I couldn't put it down until I reached the end.
Priscilla
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick-paced novel filled with suspense. Loved the emotional aspect of it. There were some typos that I found quite a bit annoying which lessened my enjoyment, but the plot was worth my reading on. There were also parts of the story that was confusing, and to travel so far and in such circumstances with a 2-week old is hardly realistic. But still, I enjoyed the romance, thriller, crime and action.
Bhriv
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Convenient Lies, written by Robin Patchen, is book one of Hidden Truths Series.
Wow! This is the first book I've read by this author and hopefully not the last! I was excited to read it as I like suspense books and this one sounded intriguing. I wasn't disappointed. It definitely wasn't lacking in suspense! There were a couple times I had to step away from it just to calm down. ;)
It was one of those books that you feel kind of bad for the characters because anyone with any integrity knows that y
Rosemary
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got a free copy of this book from an author event and my review is voluntary.OMG...this book was amazing! This writer really knows her stuff. There is so much "sitting at the edge of your seat" suspense that will not let you put the book down! As you begin to know the main characters, you start to learn more and more about them. Some are truths and some are lies...and its the lies that create the story. The main female Rae, is married ( to Julian) and has a 2 week old son..trouble is....Julian ...more
Judy
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Convenient Lies by Robin Patchen
Hidden Truth Series Book One
Rachel Adams may not have been completely honest with her husband when they married—but he definitely had not been honest with her. Rae had changed her name when she left her hometown of Nutfield, New Hampshire and went to college—leaving a past behind her. Now, truths have come to light and she needs to get away and start over...again.

Brady Thomas has returned home to Nutfield. He's been through some tough times, but survived. What he
Candice
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Investigative journalist Reagan McAdams wakes up one day to discover her secure Paris life is an illusion. Her husband is not who she thinks he is, and she's married into a dangerous international crime family. She flees with her newborn to her hometown of Nutfield. She plans to take her inheritance and disappear with her grandma and son. Only when she arrives, she finds her grandma has recently passed away, her deceased parents had secrets, and, once again, nothing is as it seems. When her high ...more
LuAnn Rodriquez
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a good book based on relationships where the truth was so well hidden that a young woman with a two-week old baby sneaks away from the baby's father and his criminal empire in the hopes of saving her baby from a similar life, a horrible secret kept from her until her professional investigative talents help her discover the truth on her own. The settings are interesting and partially international. I very much like this author's writing style--she is very good at depicting her characters' ...more
Pegg
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-read
If you like international intrigue with a strong romantic element, this is the book for you. It's got danger, a handsome hero, a perplexing villain, a body count, and a heroine you'll be cheering on throughout the book.

Reagan McAdams returns to her old home, and her old name. Fleeing Paris with her infant son, she arrives at her grandmother's house only to learn that the dear woman passed away days ago. Her husband has lied to her, her grandmother has left her, and her high school boyfriend is t
Terri
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Convenient Lies is an action packed thriller by Robin Patchen. I love how the author dealt with a difficult situation-a small town girl who marries into a criminal family-but is determined her child won't be raised in that environment.

I also liked the portrayal of the villain and those closest to him. I can't say more without giving away spoilers, but I'm excited to read the next installment in the series.
Sally Stackhouse
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Although I can say I enjoyed reading this book, it was fast paced and emotional but some bits were confusing, i.e. the reference to Walter/Nate (explained later on as the same person but had to wait for this to occur). There were also some typos which detracted from the reading enjoyment and a bit of incredulity on my part of being able to travel that far with a new born baby.
The ending of the book is well worth reading though.
Megan Hawkins
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing I couldn't put it down it has just the right amount of romance, crime, thriller, adventure and action in it to make an amazing book. It really makes you feel guilty as you can't really help but also fall in love with both the good and bad guy and that not everything someone does is for a bad reason.
Marla
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good! It is full of suspense and I definitely couldn't guess the ending. I love the characters. The book is well written. I have already read the second book in this series. I plan on reading more books by Robin Patchen. I received the book for free. The views expressed in the review are my own.
Aside from her family and her Savior, Robin Patchen has two loves—writing and traveling. If she could combine them, she’d spend a lot of time sitting in front of her laptop at sidewalk cafes and ski lodges and beachside burger joints. She’d visit every place in the entire world—twice, if possible—and craft stories and tell people about her Savior. Alas, time is too short and money is too scarce fo ...more

Hidden Truths (4 books)
  • Twisted Lies (Hidden Truth #2)
  • Generous Lies (Hidden Truths #3)
  • Innocent Lies (Hidden Truth Book 4)
“in the cold, winter months when snow was measured by the foot instead of by the inch,” 0 likes