Start by marking “Must Love Lions (Shifter Date, #1)” as Want to Read:
Must Love Lions (Shifter Date, #1)

Must Love Lions (Shifter Date #1)

Alexis Parrish is very single. Sassy and smart, she's great at her job as a journalist, but it's never given her the time to find the right man--specifically, a human. So when she gets assigned to interview Max, a lion shifter, about the new dating app he's created, she can't believe her intense attraction to him. After all, humans and shifters don't date.

Max is used to ca
ebook, 1st Edition, 116 pages
Published November 28th 2016

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
****Edited to add that you can actually go to www.shifterdate.com!*****

Love is love. Max, an alpha lion shifter, believes that with every fiber of his being. That’s why he created a dating app called Shifter. It’s an app where a human can fill out a form and find their perfect shifter match. Relationships between shifters and humans are extremely taboo, but Max thinks it’s time for that to change. He believes the app will help break down the walls between the two species.

Alexis is a journalist
Sophie
Dec 10, 2016 Sophie rated it really liked it
"Love is dangerous. And wild. And spectacular."

Max is the leading alpha of the Pride and the maker of "Shifter Date", a dating app that matches humans with shifters. He is threading new waters with this move, since normally this isn't acceptable and even though humans know about their existance, they don't match with each other. But Max is thinking out of the box and wants to see if he can convince others as well.

There comes Alexis, a journalist that doesn't like or approve relationships b
Betul
Nov 17, 2016 Betul rated it liked it
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

description

This was a short, light and hot paranormal romance story. I don't read as much paranormal romance books as I did in the past, but the blurb of this book sounded good and I wanted to give it a try.

This book starts off with Alexis, who is assigned to interview Max, a lion shifter, about the new inter-species dating app he created. Inter-species dating is pretty taboo but Max wants to tap into a new market. He is very open-minded and think
Siobhan
Nov 17, 2016 Siobhan rated it really liked it
Last month I was added to the Book Blogger List, and since then I’ve had so many amazing books sent my way. Some would say too many books. Honestly, my list is so long. It’s rather silly, actually. Not that such a thing is deterring me. The opposite in fact, as it’s allowing me to find many new authors I’m really enjoying.

Shifter Date: Must Love Lions by Alma Black is one such read. I’d planned to read it next week, yet my Kindle had a bit of a mental breakdown last night. All of my advance rea
Dianne
He’s big. He’s gorgeous. He’s every woman’s dream. He only has one flaw, he is a lion shifter and to most humans, that makes him taboo. It also makes him a target for human journalist, Alexis Parrish, a firm believer in keeping the races separate who wants to skewer him in an expose interview.

Max is an alpha shifter, a rebel and champions the cause of inter-species dating with his new shifter dating app. Easy to use, humans and shifters can add their profile and view the profiles of possible dat
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
Alma Black did a fantastic job with this book. The description Alma placed in this book really brought it to life. I loved how she spun the Shifter/human world. It was refreshing to read a book different from the mainstream. Until I finished the book, I had not realized this was her first book. I am impressed with her writing style.

The sexy lion shifter Max Foster is causing quite a ruckus with his new Shifter Date app. Up until now, Shifters and humans have not really been allowed to mingle. Th
Barbara
Dec 23, 2016 Barbara rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Fun, sexy read. Max is an alpha lion shifter who's created a new dating app to get shifters and humans to meet and explore interspecies relationships. Alexis is a human who doesn't believe species should mix, but in order to write an article for her magazine/blog about the app, she must meet and survive an interview with the sexy shifter.

Max is taken with Alexis upon the first meeting, and convinces her to have dinner with him, i.e. a date, to see that he is just like any other guy. Spar
angelblue
Nov 30, 2016 angelblue rated it it was amazing
Okay, this book was adorable. I loved the premise of the book, I loved the characters and I loved the romance. Alexis is a human blogger that is reluctantly interviewing Max about his new shifter dating app. She's against the idea of shifters and humans dating and I found the idea of her being a bit of a speciest refreshing. You don't usually see that angle from an author unless they are the bad guy and I was curious as to how Ms Black would handle it. Max on the other hand is a true romantic an ...more
Joy Novel Thoughts
Nov 26, 2016 Joy Novel Thoughts rated it it was amazing
Let me start off with the fact that PNR/shifters are my not my typical read, I've tried a few that were more 'erotic' and not much of a storyline outside of 'claiming'. I saw a teaser for this book on Twitter that says "Once you go shifter, you never go back." I died laughing and when I was presented with the chance to review this book, I jumped on it.

I am so glad that I opened my mind and read this one. I have zero regrets and I look forward to reading more PNR from here on out. Alma Black has
Tracy Ehlers
Nov 29, 2016 Tracy Ehlers rated it it was amazing
Must Love Lions - Alma Black

A fabulous start to a PNR series! As a huge fan of Paranormal and shifters,
I always go into a book without to many expectation ( sadly sometimes they blend together and seem familiar) however Ms Black has done an amazing job of making this PNR unique and intriguing!
A reasonably short read with enough spice and drama to keep the story flowing! Captivating the reader with something new to sink their fangs into!

Max and Alexis..... well I wont do spoilers but....

I loved
Teri Carter Lloyd
Dec 01, 2016 Teri Carter Lloyd rated it it was amazing
Outstanding job on this first book by Indie author Alma Black. This is a light read and I know the readers will enjoy it. She incorporates humor, minor violence, prejudice, hate, and love. The dating concept which is always an intriguing event for anyone who is single added to the story.

Her characters are written with flair and drew me in to see how they would solve the dating situation between humans and shifters. Max has just the right amount of Alpha to make your heart flutter and his pursuit
Lizard And Wombat Romance Reviews
Lizard: 4⋆.
Wombat: Pending⋆.
Overall: Pending⋆.
Diana Page
Jan 23, 2017 Diana Page rated it really liked it
Great start to what i hope will be a long, hot sexy shifter series !! Alexis ( a human reporter) and Max ( a lion shifter) are on opposite sides of the age old argument :should humans and shifters marry ? And before they decide yes or no, there is hot sex, intrigue, bloody action and an attempted coup !! Totally love this story . 4⭐'s !! Everything you want in a paranormal romance !!
gordon k class
Jan 21, 2017 gordon k class rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too short

Good reads but not long enough for my tastes. I would have liked to have more build up and suspense to the characters. But I did like the story line.
Nicole
Nov 30, 2016 Nicole rated it really liked it
Must Love Lions is an interesting take on a very popular shifter genre. Typically I have found shifter stories to view humans in one of two ways; either humans are completely oblivious to shifters or they know about them and shifters kinda adore human women. This story is unique to me because it's a shifters vs. humans stand point. They hate each other and it's very clear they should not date or love one another. That is until Max decides to create an app, against his pride's wishes, that tries ...more
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv
Must Love Lions by Alma Black
I received a book from the author for an honest review.
I lurves me some shifters and Lions…Yup don’t think I have read one yet….so this was a definite read for me when the opportunity presented itself.
I loved the unique storyline in the novel. Alpha Lion Max created a dating app…think Tinder meets Mat
Erin Lewis
Nov 30, 2016 Erin Lewis rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Shifter Date: Must Love Lions: Paranormal Romance App - Shifter Date Book 1
Alma Black is a new author to me and this is a genre that I do not often read. This was a book with a difference and I really enjoyed it.
Max Forster is a Lion shifter who has created a new Shifter Dating app for shifters and humans which has caused a division as they don’t normally date. Alexis Parrish is the sassy journalist who is sent to interview him. Both are supervised by their almost instant attracti
Diary of a Book Addict
Nov 30, 2016 Diary of a Book Addict rated it it was amazing
Arc received for an honest review

I'm not usually a massive fan of paranormal books but recently I've been really into shifter books so was really excited to read this book.

Shifter Date: Must Love Lions is a relatively short book so I was pleasantly usurprised by how much the author was able to put into the book without it feeling rushed or frantic.

The story is written from dual POV and centres around the concept of Shifters being 'out in the open' - as opposed to a secret and challenging the id
Roxie's Reviews
Nov 06, 2016 Roxie's Reviews rated it it was amazing
"An Exciting Shifter dating Romance!"
This book will have you glued to the pages!. The storyline is so exciting!. The characters are awesome.
Max is a Lion shifter he wants to shorten the division between humans and shifters. So he developed an app dating site that is open to humans and shifters. Only his family and some others are against it!.
Alexis is a reporter with Avenues X-exchange. She has been given the task to interview Max. Alexis had always believed that shifters and humans should not
Tessa
Nov 30, 2016 Tessa rated it it was amazing
Fabulous, fast, hot, shifter romance that didn't let me go until the last page!

I wanted to such more! Not because this book isn't full of flirt, hotness, and suspense but because I'm selfish and I didn't want the book to end!

The taboo of shifter/human relationships run strong on both sides, but Alex a prince among his lion shifters is about to break down those barriers with a roar!

When Alex walked into Max's office for an interview, for him, it was lust at first sight. As time went on, he kne
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
If you are looking for a fun, fast paranormal read this is a good one!  Max Forster is a lion shifter and has started a dating app that allows shifters to be matched with humans.   Alexis Parrish is a journalist who is determined to get the story on ShifterDate and thinks it will prove that humans and shifters don't belong together.  I really loved the concept that humans already know about shifters and it isn’t a huge secret that has to be exposed.  Max had his moments where he came off as cock ...more
Richelle Robinson
Dec 27, 2016 Richelle Robinson rated it really liked it
So it's been a awhile since I've read a shifter novel and this book didn't disappoint at all.
Max is a shifter and Alexis is a human. At first Alexis is judgmental of there kind but eventually comes around. This was an enjoyable read and I liked that the plot of the story was more than just sex. This book shows you how love can happen when you least expect it and how it's not always good to judge. I'm happy Alexis took a chance on Max as he seemed like a good shifter! I will continue on with the
Socially Book Nerd
Nov 16, 2016 Socially Book Nerd rated it it was amazing
I was contacted by the author to read and review, that being said I am submitting an honest and fair review.

Max is an Alpha in a pride of lions, his father is set in his ways about how things should work. But this is the 21st century after all, it's a new age and shifters and humans should be able to live, love and get married and not be ashamed. As love is love. Alexis is a journalist and is sent to interview Max about his new dating app. that helps Shifters meet Humans. She doesn't feel that t
Petula
Nov 22, 2016 Petula rated it really liked it
Max Forster is a lion shifter and the designer of a new dating app, ShifterDate.com. He is trying to get the app accepted by both humans and shifters, but is running into a lot of prejudice particularly from his own pride. Alexis Parrish is a journalist who has been assigned to find out about the app and it's designer. She thinks the very idea of humans and shifters together is perverse.
This looks like the start of a series. If it is I will be pleased to read many more. Some very sexy scenes an
Jennifer Alvarez
Couldn't get enough!

This is an intense fast paced story. Max, alpha lion shifter, is putting together an app meant to pair shifters with potential human dates and perhaps mates. Alexis is a romance blogger. She's very pessimistic about the idea but willing to get both sides of the story. As a new threat rises and tensions mount, Max and Alexis will have to decide what is the best path to follow...their heads or their hearts? This story with leave you begging for more...more of Shifter Date and m
Geneva Handleman
Nov 30, 2016 Geneva Handleman rated it really liked it
Pretty awesome story! Short but complete and very steamy! Entertaining characters and well written scenes keep you turning pages to find out what happens next. A great quick read for any paranormal or shifter lover.

As an independent reviewer for Romance Authors that Rock, I'm giving this one four hearts for romance, sex and superb character development. I hope she plans to write more of the lions stories!
Stacie Marquart
Nov 23, 2016 Stacie Marquart rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I have read by this author. I was given an ARC copy for my honest review. It was a great book, could hardly put it down. Max and Alexis are a great couple. I love how protective Max was with Alexis. Alexis was so unsure of how she should feel towards Max. Do they find love in the end or does she find love with a human ? You will have to read the book to find out.
Sheila Kennedy
Nov 19, 2016 Sheila Kennedy rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. The characters are fun, and the action is non stop. Shifters need love, same as humans, As with anything, there are pro choice, and Anti Choice. People always fear what they don't understand. Who knew a little innocent app could create so much grief. Non stop action, suspense, and some Hawt, steamy love scenes that will melt your heart. Ms Black has a hit on her hands :) Love a good shifter story? Check it out!
Cheryl Mcknight
Nov 27, 2016 Cheryl Mcknight rated it really liked it
This is a short story about Max and Alexis . The story starts with Alexis , a reporter, meeting with a shifter , Max , whom is starting up a Shifter Dating app. The heat starts between them quickly and I adored the way he was able to get her on their first date. I do not give spoilers so I will say to keep an eye out for Alma Black's wok ! I , myself, will be on the lookout for more ! For a first PNR Alma Black shows real talent for PNR !
Donna
Nov 19, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it
Fun debut PNR. Fans of Jessica Sims and Milly Taiden will get a kick out of Shifter Date: Must Love Lions. This is a sweet and sexy read that also tackles the very serious topic of prejudice and interracial dating without being too heavy. I fell for Max right away and always like a smart and sassy female lead. I look forward to seeing where the author takes this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

Shifter Date (4 books)
  • Hungry as a Wolf (Shifter Date, #2)
  • This Kitten's Got Curves (Shifter Date, #3)
  • Forever Mated (Shifter Date, #4)